Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Skeezy posted:

Pro Skater 5 is being made by the same people who made HD lol

I like they had the balls to call it 5. 'Seriously guys, the last twenty games never happened. Also we're going to be the ones to make the series good again, honest!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Phantasium posted:

Are you talking about Breakdown?

This had weapons though, and loading pauses while walking down hallways lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocZlUbNXP38

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

There's just a point where if you're going to listen to SoCal punk and defy physics to perform sick stunts, you want to do it with the game you've already learned, because you already know there is a good one. The formula was perfect and there isn't anything they need to add, really. They should just make nice looking versions of the old ones and add some more music, maybe.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Breakdown was janky and really hard but it loving owned, it was basically a japanese remake of Half-Life (complete with Xen-like alien landscape jumping puzzles at the end) only instead of focusing on guns you ran around beating up fools in first-person with anime superpowers and the story was like three different levels of :lsd:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
theres this guy i've known for like 12 years, and through most of his life he has been totally obsessed with skateboarding games. he has played and mastered every skating game that is out there, even Aggressive Inline (which was like edgy rollerskates) and awful poo poo like BMXXX. and i don't just mean every individual title, i mean he has played every version of each one across all consoles, he's paid money for prototype CDs, he mods them, glitch-hunts, compares resolutions and poo poo, he knows loving everything there is to know, ever, about these games. it also extended to kinda similar games like SSX and Matt Hoffman games. i think he also has at least one Shaun White Surfing game as well

i used to think it was really weird but it continued into his adult years and i just had to admire the dedication

Excels fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 5, 2015

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

So Breakdown was the game.
Too bad the only SA LP of the game currently has all the videos set to private for some reason.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
only the first two tony hawks had decent music, and even then it was like 50% trash garbage

I would totally play HD remakes of mega man 2-4

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

all music is arguably trash garbage but i listened to a lot of punk in high school so that every time Lagwagon's May 16th came on, I could get pumped.

the music from the rest of the games was basically the same as the first 2, so if you stopped liking it, it just means you got old :ssh:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Excels posted:

theres this guy i've known for like 12 years, and through most of his life he has been totally obsessed with skateboarding games. he has played and mastered every skating game that is out there, even Aggressive Inline (which was like edgy rollerskates) and awful poo poo like BMXXX. and i don't just mean every individual title, i mean he has played every version of each one across all consoles, he's paid money for prototype CDs, he mods them, glitch-hunts, compares resolutions and poo poo, he knows loving everything there is to know, ever, about these games. it also extended to kinda similar games like SSX and Matt Hoffman games. i think he also has at least one Shaun White Surfing game as well

i used to think it was really weird but it continued into his adult years and i just had to admire the dedication

A person who unironically likes video games? gently caress that guy

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it's some intense devotion and i respect it.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

so here I am
doing everything I can
holding on to what I am
pretending I'm a superman

Tell me that poo poo doesn't make you want to kickflip over a bus, grind a 200 ft long rail and then do a sick rear end 900 madonna and land on some business guy's expensive car that he earned by selling out

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bicyclops posted:

the music from the rest of the games was basically the same as the first 2, so if you stopped liking it, it just means you got old

I was already too old to take punk music seriously when the first one came out :grandpa:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

precision posted:

I was already too old to take punk music seriously when the first one came out :grandpa:

i'll show you!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HUGeA2lur4

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the music in tony hawks games isnt real punk, hardcore til i die

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like hardcore people probably don't live as long anyway

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I feel like hardcore people probably don't live as long anyway

If you ain't livin life 1/4 mile at a time, you ain't livin

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

96 Quite Bitter Beings came up on spotify while I was driving home from work the other day and I did a 720 noscope kickflip, my insurers don't know what the gently caress

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

AY
O

LETS GO

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
what's the deal with video game bugs?

also fully destructible environments and tesselation as industry standard when

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
and not that battlefield poo poo either. I want to shoot a wall and it blow up into a thousand little physics objects not some precut shape some greasy Swedish person made

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Buttmeister posted:

kill them today in helldivers!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Buttmeister posted:

and not that battlefield poo poo either. I want to shoot a wall and it blow up into a thousand little physics objects not some precut shape some greasy Swedish person made

there's always red faction

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Buttmeister posted:

also fully destructible environments and tesselation as industry standard when
go gently caress you're self

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Buttmeister posted:

Much like flying cars and 4k 48fps video it's one of those things that sounds awesome but would be a pain in the rear end to actually implement.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the two biggest and most noteworthy games with destructible enviroments are an open-world game consisting of buildings dotting a barren Martian landscape and a multiplayer shooter, doing actual level design and balancing and AI for that poo poo must be excrutiating even with the current limits.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bicyclops posted:

it's some intense devotion and i respect it.

Those games got dirt loving cheap really fast because they're sports games (even though they're non-standard ones- old WWF/WWE games had the same thing happen), you could probably pick up most of the genre (at least through the PS2 era) for like :20bux:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So I found out about the exploit in Diablo 3 that lets you get some of the harder/impossible achievements in the game.

I guess blizzard thinks pets are people too.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

program666 posted:

one would think that having dev teams making games on genres that no one makes anymore is undisputedly a good thing but that's because one forgot that internet discussion is a thing that exists

It's almost like you don't understand that there's a reason no one makes those genres anymore.

But don't worry, every lovely genre will eventually come back and be treated like the greatest genre; see Isometric view RPGs right now.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Nasgate posted:

It's almost like you don't understand that there's a reason no one makes those genres anymore.

But don't worry, every lovely genre will eventually come back and be treated like the greatest genre; see Isometric view RPGs right now.

Still waiting for 6DOF shooters...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh my word, Race the Sun is loving addictive and good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

oh my word, Race the Sun is loving addictive and good

how do i go more than 30 seconds without crashing? the ship moves left and right very slowly.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Real hurthling! posted:

how do i go more than 30 seconds without crashing? the ship moves left and right very slowly.

Finally the true spiritual successor to Rebel Assault.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Nasgate posted:

what is good game genre, sir

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

bloodychill posted:

all and none.

Edit: but seriously, there are some good Isometric rpgs, but right now steam is filled with indie isometric western rpgs

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Why is choice a bad thing? If someone really, really likes isometric RPGs, they now have lots to pick from. If someone kind of likes them, they can find the one or two that are really good and play those. If someone doesn't like them at all, then holy loving poo poo guess what, they literally don't have to ever play a single one.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I'm going to take a risk and admit that PoE is actually a good game.

In real news, gently caress "May the Fourth" for not only becoming a thing that people actually wish on Facebook but also becoming a Black Friday-like week-long excuse to sell poo poo all over the internet plastered with lightsabers.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

bloodychill posted:

I'm going to take a risk and admit that PoE is actually a good game.
It is real good and I don't have any nostalgia for isometric RPGs.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

divinity seemed better so i skipped it because i haven't played my copy of that yet.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

bloodychill posted:

historical wargames

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

Why is choice a bad thing? If someone really, really likes isometric RPGs, they now have lots to pick from. If someone kind of likes them, they can find the one or two that are really good and play those. If someone doesn't like them at all, then holy loving poo poo guess what, they literally don't have to ever play a single one.

The problem with lots of choices is pretty clear if you've ever stayed at someone's house where they have every TV channel. Thousands of channels, and only 2 or three are interesting.

I don't want to have to go through 100 lovely rear end games to find a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Were you alive back when cable was expensive and most people only had the 4 or 5 channels that were available on antenna? Too many choices beats the gently caress out of too few.

• Locked thread