Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I have to go to the doctor (which is gonna cost like 100$) to get refills on medicine (which is gonna cost like 150$) which both he and I know I need to take for pretty much the rest of my life.

The good news is I only have to go like twice a year, but the bad news is I have to go like twice a year and that's annoying <:mad:>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

My apartment is too big.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I have to go to the doctor (which is gonna cost like 100$) to get refills on medicine (which is gonna cost like 150$) which both he and I know I need to take for pretty much the rest of my life.

The good news is I only have to go like twice a year, but the bad news is I have to go like twice a year and that's annoying <:mad:>

You aren't able to just call in for a refill? Especially since he knows you have to basically take it forever?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nope. Asked about that. Legally he's gotta see me to evaluate my health to make sure blah blah rules are retarded and it costs me money.

Also, I have high blood pressure, so now I have a new pill I need to take. gently caress.

Might as well start taking a multi vitamin in the morning and drink ensure. God drat I feel old.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I have a lifelong condition that requires medication but my (first world) government provides it for free. :smug:

My FWP is that I still have to go all the way to the pharmacy to get it. At least I can order refills online though.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
I've sold a ton of board game and miniature stuff on eBay over the last few days, but most of my buyers are staggering out payments, so I'm gonna have to go to the post office like 3 times, or I could wait until everything gets paid for and go at the end of the week, but I am not prepared to let a few bad apples drag down my customer service record. UGH.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dude, my buddy sells poo poo online all the time and uses usps.com and the package pickup service.

Might be worth looking into.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or just do what seemingly every person I buy from does and print the shipping label 4 loving days before you put it in a mailbox.

(That also qualifies as a submission.)

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Thing is, a bunch of the stuff is in simple envelopes, which are too small for the eBay shipping labels, and need to be marked so they don't machine them and ruin the contents. I'm being very cheap here.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I had to sit in my car dealership's waiting room for a full half hour while they replaced a cable (for free, manufacturer's defect).

Smam
Jul 31, 2003
I have to wash a couple things that are hand wash only and have been putting it off for months because I'm too lazy to scrub underthings in the sink like an Amish person, but I want to wear one of the silky shirts tomorrow, argh. Going to be swirling clothes in lukewarm soapy water like an ANIMAL.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I am making a dulce de leche pie and the recipe I'm following produces three times as much dulce as I think is appropriate, so I didn't use a lot of it. Now I have a presumably delicious pie but also an extra Mason jar full of homemade caramel.

I'm going to have to buy some apples.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I can't seem to find sunglasses (or regular glasses, for that matter) that don't make me look like a tool but it's too goddamned sunny to just not wear them and sometimes I don't feel like wearing my contacts, ugh :(

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My router is being a pain in my rear end again :argh:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I had to get a big silly hat because I'm a super pale Irish descendent and summer is coming

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My house is so big and I only have so many framed pieces of art.
(So many...)

Guild Wars is getting an expansion soon that brings a new class. I can't be motivated to play my current characters as they are all max level and decked out with great gear. My guild is really fun and nice but... GTA...

My pizza for lunch was cheap and delicious but I may have to throw out 1/4 of it.

The boss is out of the office and, even though we are busy, I wish he was here so we could talk about a project that has no deadline.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
The escalator is currently stairs!!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I know my dad's birthday is soon, and I know what I'm doing for it. But I've forgotten what day it is beyond 'early May', it's awkward to ask someone to make sure, and it's even more awkward to get it wrong.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 10:23 on May 1, 2015

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I bought a sofa and chair from an extremely nice couple online, and they are comfy as gently caress, but the air freshener they used in their house smells like really bad lavender and it's gonna take a while to get that smell off the new furniture :saddowns:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

My lovely call center job sucks and I don't want to be here today. Also I've been busting my rear end for the last year to get promoted and not be on the phone and I'm almost there, just "waiting on upper management approval" before I can move on. I've been waiting for this since January now and I've been tried to stay positive but gently caress this poo poo if it drags out much longer.

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
The brewery I work at is opening a restaurant, and I went to the soft open last night and drank too much, so now I'm too hungover to enjoy the free food when I go back tonight.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I just got a new android phone, to replace my 4-year-old model. it wasn't broken, just getting slightly buggy. Now I have to learn all the subtle differences on the new phone.

Also, I have an appointment for a tattoo tomorrow. It's at 11:00, so I have to get up earlier than I usually do on Saturday.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

genesplicer posted:

Also, I have an appointment for a tattoo tomorrow. It's at 11:00, so I have to get up earlier than I usually do on Saturday.

Post the ink when its done.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Even at volume level '1', my TV is often too loud if my GF is trying to sleep (or sometimes do homework) in the bedroom...even with the door to the living room and bedroom closed.

I could solve this with a receiver and external speakers, but $$$.

V V V Near as I can tell, there's no way to get headphones to work on my TV without some sort of external audio receiver. No built-in Bluetooth or even an AUX out on the TV. Optical or digital audio out only. V V V

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 23:10 on May 1, 2015

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

DrBouvenstein posted:

Even at volume level '1', my TV is often too loud if my GF is trying to sleep (or sometimes do homework) in the bedroom...even with the door to the living room and bedroom closed.

I could solve this with a receiver and external speakers, but $$$.

Headphones?

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
The gym I go to is a college campus gym and it has been closed all week because of finals and graduation. I need to get my swole on.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
I couldn't sleep last night and ended up passing out in my chair this afternoon, which had me waking up on the floor.

I just now went to make the only food in the house that smells appealing, and the chicken thighs needed for it have already gone very bad. They were supposed to expire the day after tomorrow.

So now I will probably not eat, which makes it ~40 hours since my last meal.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Costco doesn't open until 10am, the pizza place opens at 11, and it's 7am right now and I want to get my errands done for the day!

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
There was a bee in my bathroom just now and although I managed to capture and release it outside I'm now irrationally worried it may not be the only one, even though there's no more buzzing. It also seemed kind of large and now the notion that it was a queen and it laid eggs somewhere in the walls is stuck in my mind even though I'm 99.9% sure that doesn't make any sense, since surely she would need a hive. I didn't have any windows open yesterday either so I'm not feeling very secure in general now. Hopefully this was a one-time breach but it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence for the summer.

Sway Grunt has a new favorite as of 10:45 on May 4, 2015

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

There's an election tomorrow, and I'm unreasonably annoyed with the number of people who have proudly declared that they'll be voting for a party that is directly against their personal interests.

Edit: Also I'll have to get up unreasonably early tomorrow, in order to vote before I work.

Fashionable Jorts has a new favorite as of 23:28 on May 4, 2015

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm not tired but I don't want to be awake anymore. I just want today to be over cause it kinda sucked.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

There are several fantastic farmer's markets in walking distance of where I live but I keep forgetting to go to them :saddowns:

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

My son has a field trip tomorrow, and he is super excited about it. I have to go or he's not allowed to (special needs, behaviorial issues), and uggggh it is going to be like 60% humidity tomorrow and it's going to feel like swampy hell.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
My wife posted a grumpy-faced selfie on instagram and I left a comment on it saying how excited she looked to be at work and one of her crazy friends replied to my comment by telling me to gently caress off. I know she's just trying to bait me into a pointless flame war because apparently that's how she enjoys spending her time but what the hell, man? I'm too old to deal with this poo poo.

e - also I need to staple a ton of invoices at work today but every time I squeeze the stapler my finger hurts so I have to use the flat of my hand to press down on the stapler and it's really awkward and annoying and just ugh, I can't even right now.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
I didn't enjoy my mustard chicken sandwich today as much as I hoped I would. It was nice, but not really nice, you know?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I farted myself awake and it's too late to go back to sleep.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
My dog is snuggling me after walking around in the wet grass. Ugh.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I'm on-call this week for my job, and I'm actually annoyed that I've only gotten one page, because the more pages I get, the more extra money I earn, and I'm trying to save as much as possible for a down-payment on a house in a few months.

I get a pittance for the "nuisance" of being on-call for the week (maybe like $150 after taxes and whatnot.) But every hour I actually work, I get an extra ~$50 or so.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
The pen with the little LED in the end I got from my friends business is broken. It was a free pen but I am still annoyed cause I liked it.

The twist top half is stuck in the cap and the threading on the twist in part is all hosed so it doesn't hold together anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Can't decide if I want to pop my Dragons Maze booster boxes or sell them as-is.

The last local skating rink closed. I can shell out for another pair of wheels specifically for asphalt. Or I can drive an hour to a super-sketchy rink where the music sucks and the derby girls won't loving stop trying to recruit me.