Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Musluk
May 23, 2011

also gently caress, fever spiking again

literally can't sleep

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Musluk posted:

also gently caress, fever spiking again

literally can't sleep

e:

please stay up all night and post at the top of the next 8 pages.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Pyronic posted:

please stay up all night and post at the top of the next 8 pages.

its 5:43 in bumfuckistan atm, so I kinda spent my toot load the last two pages.

Anyway, to any goon looking from outside trying to understand the madness: don't.

We are very normal.

Joking aside tho, check the game out, join the SG, enjoy the game.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Musluk posted:

its 5:43 in bumfuckistan atm, so I kinda spent my toot load the last two pages.

Anyway, to any goon looking from outside trying to understand the madness: don't.

We are very normal.

Joking aside tho, check the game out, join the SG, enjoy the game.

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 6, 2015

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Musluk posted:

We are very normal.

wait I thought we were *normal*

get it it's a video game reference, for us normal people playing this normal video game

Cosmic today.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Pyronic posted:

Boss times were never my problem, I was pretty easily beating most of the heroes in the game on the boss times alone, but clearing elites took forevvvvvvverrrrr.

I tried Ultron mode with her, and it wasn't pretty. Apparently, the Yellows in the first bit keep following you, and only you. I didn't finish that run.

Related: Ultron mode only seems worth it if you can guarantee all gold, but the standard public thing seems to be Silver on Cages, Gold on EMP, Silver on 5 Bots, Silver Ultron, which means the whole thing is kind of a waste of time. 4 Hero Commendations and a standard character-specific unique isn't really worth the effort. What else do you get if you get 4x Gold?

Mokhu
Mar 3, 2004

NCAA Hopesman Winner 2008
Fallen Rib

Hollow Talk posted:

I tried Ultron mode with her, and it wasn't pretty. Apparently, the Yellows in the first bit keep following you, and only you. I didn't finish that run.

Related: Ultron mode only seems worth it if you can guarantee all gold, but the standard public thing seems to be Silver on Cages, Gold on EMP, Silver on 5 Bots, Silver Ultron, which means the whole thing is kind of a waste of time. 4 Hero Commendations and a standard character-specific unique isn't really worth the effort. What else do you get if you get 4x Gold?

Another chest.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Hollow Talk posted:

Yep this is how it goes for about 2 dozen of the pub Ultrons I've done. Silver, Gold, Silver, Silver every single time. Isn't worth it for the time investment, because you basically get nothing out of a silver chest. Gotta do it with the SG. It's great loot when you gold all four.

The XP is horrible either way so unless they make some adjustments people will do it until they get the zone specific drops and then never touch it again which is a shame.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Tom Gorman posted:

The XP is horrible either way so unless they make some adjustments people will do it until they get the zone specific drops and then never touch it again which is a shame.

Yeah I really dig the concept of Ultron mode as a more compact, objective driven dungeon. I want more like it.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Tom Gorman posted:

Yep this is how it goes for about 2 dozen of the pub Ultrons I've done. Silver, Gold, Silver, Silver every single time. Isn't worth it for the time investment, because you basically get nothing out of a silver chest. Gotta do it with the SG. It's great loot when you gold all four.

Oh, that's right, I forgot about the XP. And the fact that ES sometimes seem to spawn on the other side of the map.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hollow Talk posted:

And the fact that ES always spawn on the other side of the map.
I do have to agree it's a pretty refreshing format break from X-Defense.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Anyone know the value of an AA boost in artifacts?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

professor stretch dad item changes on TC tomorrow

:gaz: finally catching up on their backlog, raid unique buffs any day now!!

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Mr F getting his new uniques on TC tomorrow (maybe)

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/2495190#Comment_2495190

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

oh drat you :gaz:

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Wait, why is Stretcho getting a unique pass? I thought his damage was fine, and people just bitch about him being clunky and immobile.

Because I can name a few characters that need it a bit more. A certain air force major, for example.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Zombie Samurai posted:

Wait, why is Stretcho getting a unique pass? I thought his damage was fine, and people just bitch about him being clunky and immobile.

Because I can name a few characters that need it a bit more. A certain air force major, for example.

Hal Jordan isn't in this game :gaz:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Zombie Samurai posted:

because they were going to do this like a year ago and have said several times over the intervening months that his item changes "will be on next TC patch!"

also same thing with muspelheim raid unique buffs (fraglite was the only one they did immediately) which were announced to be getting their pass around the same time

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Zombie Samurai posted:

Most of his uniques are far behind the power curve at this point. I've replaced all of them except for his slot 3 and 4 with any-hero uniques. Slot 3 would have been replaced with a viper kiss if I ever found one.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Zombie Samurai posted:

She's a colonel darling :gaz:

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Fair enough, I forgot how many threads ago Reed was added.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Hal Jordan isn't in this game :gaz:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

At this point in the game's lifespan I think the roadblock to good times for everyone is the instance specific drop poo poo.

Just make it all drop everywhere, even if the lore nerds have a shitfit. Make SWGNs drop in Ultron chests, make Goks and Nazi Coats have the chance to drop everywhere. Their development model is lightning fast on the new characters, and comparatively slow on the new zones/content for the characters to experience. They have to play to this strength. People don't x-defense anymore because why would you?

The hook should be quantity. "Whoa there are 15 heroes I wanna gear up and play because they're cool/I like em!" and that's already in place.

I got lucky getting an Iron Legion Sheath and EMP device in the first 4-5 times doing the game mode with the SG and golding all the waves. Since then it's been the one unique from the wave 2 chest and the tokens, and it takes about 20 minutes. There's pretty much no reason for anyone who has these items, via drops or trading, to run the brand new thing anymore a few days after release. Especially since one of the zone drops (sheath) might as well be good on 2 characters out of 48.

If it had a chance to drop the desirable stuff from all the other places, I'll x up every time because its a really fun game mode. On the other hand, when I'm playing I'm looking for loot and XP, and if a zone doesn't have the chance for a drop I want and awards worse XP than normal midtown then well... *toilet flushes*

also

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

IM getting a look on uniques this week as well, and MK soon...

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Midnightghoul posted:

IM getting a look on uniques this week as well, and MK soon...

mk is supposed to be tomorrow on the tc with dad.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ironically they're all robots programmed with his brain patterns.

Tom Gorman posted:

At this point in the game's lifespan I think the roadblock to good times for everyone is the instance specific drop poo poo.

Just make it all drop everywhere, even if the lore nerds have a shitfit. Make SWGNs drop in Ultron chests, make Goks and Nazi Coats have the chance to drop everywhere. Their development model is lightning fast on the new characters, and comparatively slow on the new zones/content for the characters to experience. They have to play to this strength. People don't x-defense anymore because why would you?
I'm hoping the talked about crafting overhaul will address this and allow me to do things like trade X dozen Man-Ape medallions for a lowest-roll SWGN so that yeah you don't have an amazing item but at least you have one that you can then pour resources into rerolling rather than just slamming your face into a single terminal for hours with your fingers crossed.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Mr. Whale posted:

And Nova :swoon:!

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

Zeike posted:

eh...why is :gaz: a Doom trumpet?

Fool

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Mr. Whale posted:

if golden mantle doesn't increase tribute gain i riot

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
I've been procrastinating hardcore by reading up on some Marvel origin stories, and I gotta say, I'm really looking forward to Dr. Doom. I didn't realize he was such a philanthropist (in his own dictatorial way).

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i just want to get rid of my cosmic slot 5, please gaz

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Really excited about the Moon Knight unique changes. Some of his uniques are crazy bad

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

He's like Oprah of megalomaniacal robot adversaries.

He's also your go-to if you ever need to mind control people into telling Aunt May where to stick her unique.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Target Practice posted:

I've been procrastinating hardcore by reading up on some Marvel origin stories, and I gotta say, I'm really looking forward to Dr. Doom. I didn't realize he was such a philanthropist (in his own dictatorial way).

In the Avengers comics Dr. Doom just pulled off an insane gambit that will probably end up saving the multiverse. He killed a bunch of Molecule Men, then made a religion about killing Molecule Men. It's probably the coolest part of Hickman's Avengers. The only part I really like at least.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Just bought my final two 450G characters (Black Widow and Hawkeye) for cheap BOGO, and I got Rogue and OH IT'S THE JUGGERNAUT!

The Juggernaut seems really, really good :stare:

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Adult Sword Owner posted:

This game is dumb and so am I

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

meanwhile on brevik's stream

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

meanwhile on brevik's stream

Not to blankpost - But wow, are those random people sending gifts? or do they need to be on his friendslist?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Not to blankpost - But wow, are those random people sending gifts? or do they need to be on his friendslist?

Friend is a one-way street in this game, people aren't asked to approve you adding them to your list. So you just add him and send him a gift.

He was sending people iBoosts in return for whatever they sent him for a while but I can't imagine he'll keep doing that now.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Kelp Plankton posted:

He was sending people iBoosts in return for whatever they sent him for a while but I can't imagine he'll keep doing that now.

He's tryin'.

Edit: ahah he came to his senses and everyone is going to get an iboost code tomorrow.

Joust fucked around with this message at 07:25 on May 6, 2015

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
grats lizardman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
drat grats lizardman holy poo poo.

• Locked thread