Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Negligent posted:

trying to tax a group that collectively makes a crust from working out the loopholes seems like a losing cause?

Better not try then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Better not try then.

Much like your posting.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.

Negligent posted:

white privilege dot jpg

emptyquotin this because literally no one in the thread has an answer

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Even Clive fuckin Palmer put a person of colour in the Senate.

gg greentards

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Negligent posted:

look at all those colours in the background

and all the whites at the front

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Just rapid fire greens hating lmbo

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Negligent posted:

At the 2011 Census residents were asked to describe their ancestry, in which up to two could be nominated. Proportionate to the Australian resident population, the most commonly nominated ancestries were:
English (36.1%)
Australian (35.4%)
Irish (10.4%)
Scottish (8.9%)
Italian (4.6%)
German (4.5%)
Chinese (4.3%)
Indian (2.0%)
Greek (1.9%)
Dutch(1.7%)

Australia is (mostly) white?

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Goffer posted:

At the 2011 Census residents were asked to describe their ancestry, in which up to two could be nominated. Proportionate to the Australian resident population, the most commonly nominated ancestries were:
English (36.1%)
Australian (35.4%)
Irish (10.4%)
Scottish (8.9%)
Italian (4.6%)
German (4.5%)
Chinese (4.3%)
Indian (2.0%)
Greek (1.9%)
Dutch(1.7%)

Australia is (mostly) white?

on the basis of this information, you could say Australia needs policy for whites

a "white australia policy" even

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Negligent posted:

white privilege dot jpg

dont worry white people the greens got you covered

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

"oh but its so hard to get non whites elected"

palmer united gets a chinese-australian elected on its first try

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Negligent posted:

Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway

Geez I got like 10 of these in a row.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

less diverse than palmer united is a p good achievement well done the greens

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kingcom posted:

Geez I got like 10 of these in a row.

They always seem to come in threes for me.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

for an encore you could be more white than a rise up rally

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

oh wait

the greens. literally projecting an image whiter than rise up australia.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Thread only got to keep my 5 vote for a whole 6 days this month, normally it's somewhere after week 2 that I have to change it to a 1.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Some very desperate cries for attention from a very lonely sad person ITT.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Negligent, I can't see what you're posting but please, Lifeline 13 11 14

Don't give up hope, buddy.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
And Craig, please call 13 11 26

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...
https://twitter.com/mearesy/status/595816442911727617

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Ludlam "Soon"

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Negligent just hates the Greens because the new leader is the son of country-shopping Italian immigrants.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

3 edgy 5 me

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Mithranderp posted:

Negligent just hates the Greens because the new leader is the son of country-shopping Italian immigrants.

Those immigrants should have gone to the paradise that is Cambodia, free from police corruption and sexual tourism.

EDIT: Or they should have stayed in the country and enjoy the pleasure that was literal Fascism. It's not like they walked here on their own two legs! Talk about economic migrants!

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 07:09 on May 6, 2015

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

quote:

A Greens source warned that the party's supporters would react with fury if the party cut a deal with the Coalition to entrench its representation in the Senate even if there was an upside for the Greens.

I sincerely wonder who this "Greens source" is, because I literally haven't heard a single person complain about the idea of moving to OPV. Also, we're not even vaguely at risk in WA, thanks to Luddmentum.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

This is like some sort of weirdo alternative-universe photo where politicians don't simply by default present a slimy corporate-stooge frontage. I didn't think it was possible.

Ludlam's hair alone presents more gravitas than any possible combination of people from the LNP/ALP.

Maybe they need some shallow three-word slogans though, just in case.

e: Hmm actually maybe Ludlam looks like a professional killer in that picture, otherwise okay.

markgreyam fucked around with this message at 07:29 on May 6, 2015

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Negligent is having another stroke I guess. Let's hope this one is fatal.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

markgreyam posted:

This is like some sort of weirdo alternative-universe photo where politicians don't simply by default present a slimy corporate-stooge frontage. I didn't think it was possible.

Ludlam's hair alone presents more gravitas than any possible combination of people from the LNP/ALP.

e: Hmm actually maybe Ludlam looks like a professional killer in that picture, otherwise okay.
Ludlum looks like he's wearing his older brother's suit and has had a couple of pre-photo drinkies.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Time for First Dogs take on this:

"Christine Milne will retire from the Senate before 2016, and will be replaced by OH MY GOD A WATERMELON THAT WANTS TO TAX THE RICH" -fdotm

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The greens make me so angry I'm gonna splash around in my own feces for a bit itt

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Pickled Tink posted:

Time for First Dogs take on this:

As if there wasn't enough shitposting in this thread this afternoon already.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

*splish splash*

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Some went in my mouth.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Gough Suppressant posted:

p funny when white people pretend like the Greens core demo isnt other privileged white people

*posts census figures for seat of melbourne*

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Gough Suppressant posted:

I, gough suppressant, a white person who likes to watch afl football which is not in any way a problematic sport, disagree with those uppity non whites who point out that the things i believe are shared by other white people and are also vastly overrepresented in federal politics to the extent that a literal racist movement has more diversity.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Parent lobby group alleges religious education material taught in NSW schools includes “slut shaming”

http://www.news.com.au/national/par...2-1227338650559

quote:

STUDENTS in NSW schools are allegedly being directed to controversial ex-gay therapies and told transgender people only exist “due to the sins of our world”.
They’re also reportedly being introduced to material that “slut shames” women who are victims of sexual assaults.
Those are the claims by parent-run lobby group Fairness in Religion in Schools (FIRIS), who analysed Teen Sex by the Book and its companion materials.
FIRIS claims the material, which is included in the Christian Education Publications catalogue, is being relayed to students. They say it is “entirely inappropriate”, “extremely damaging” and “helps perpetuate a culture where family violence and LGBTI stigmas can thrive”.
But a spokesperson for Anglican Press Australia which published the material said it was not intended for use as part of the curriculum and is not being used for religious education in schools.
FIRIS CEO Lara Wood told news.com.au the industry lacks regulation.

“Nobody is keeping an eye on it. There’s no accountability whatsoever.”
Ms Wood said “a dozen or so books” from Christian Education Publications include information that would shock most parents.
“We were shocked to read that children are being directed to ex-gay therapies to cure homosexual people,” she said.
“There’s the suggestion that transgender people only exist due to the sins of our world. There’s slut shaming where girls are told they might be responsible for attacks on them because they are wearing provocative clothes or have put themselves in harms way.”
She said there is “no way of knowing” how many students are being introduced to the material because religious education is not regulated.
“The Education Department does admit that they don’t keep an eye on this at all,” Ms Wood said.

“We feel it’s part of the problem. Schools aren’t required to supervise classes or material (and) it’s allowed fundamentalists get a hold of the program.”
Fairfax media reports a sample lesson from provider Seed: SRE claims women make mistakes including “talking too much” and giving in sexually and men make mistakes including “letting their bodies rule and lacking courage”.
A spokesman for the Department of Education told news.com.au special religious education (SRE) is under review.

He said SRE is delivered in government schools by authorised representatives of approved providers and that principals are responsible for the implementation of the Department’s Religious Education Policy in their schools.
“The Department requires a written annual assurance from each approved provider, including that the provider has authorised the material to be used by their representatives.
“The NSW Department of Education and Communities has engaged an external provider to undertake a review of the implementation of Special Religious Education (SRE) and Special Education in Ethics (SEE) in NSW government schools.
“The review is underway and will inform ongoing improvement of SRE and SEE for the Department and providers.”

Anglican Press said Teen Sex by The Book was not intended for use in SRE classes, however it is listed alongside other SRE materials in a Christian Education Publications catalogue.
Ms Wood said parents would have no idea their children are being exposed to controversial material because consent forms are essentially “tick yes or no”.
She said FIRIS would like to see SRE become opt in, rather than opt out.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Jumpingmanjim posted:

And Craig, please call 13 11 26

Not even here, but still in your thoughts.

Thanks man.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

p cool when white people think the only reason non whites might be critical of their supremacy is due to literal mental illness

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
a stroke is a physical illness actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Officially updating my status to: caremad about the greens.

*slaps the surface of poo poo puddle repeatedly with both hands*

• Locked thread