Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Rodyle posted:

Woolie reaches Pat levels of salt in this video.

Which video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

They also lost all footage of the final level too.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sanic 2

Stairmaster posted:

They also lost all footage of the final level too.

Final Sonic level or Perfect Chaos?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Rodyle posted:

Sanic 2

Final Sonic level or Perfect Chaos?

final sonic level so final egg stuff. it just jumped straight to the egg viper boss fight

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

50 cent

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Can we all push for Xbox bro-dude to get on the podcast next week?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

havenwaters posted:

Podcast curse is real. You can't download PT anymore even if you "own" it

They had to nip the PSN account scalping in the bud, didn't they?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I find this loss of data especially funny because Pat and Woolie had JUST commented on recording fuckups and paranoia in the last bloodborne. Too bad.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Can we all push for Xbox bro-dude to get on the podcast next week?
I think he's better as Woolie's 'Xbox dealer', known only to the rest of the Zaibatsu through wild secondhand tales.

Plus, the Internet would probably track him down within the first hour of the podcast dropping and ruin everything.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

This LP really isn't doing anything to dissuade me from thinking that Sonic Adventure is loving terrible.

Also, Jeff Gerstmann is right about Nights.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Andrast posted:

This LP really isn't doing anything to dissuade me from thinking that Sonic Adventure is loving terrible.
It was really really cool when it came out!

In 1999!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Kins posted:

It was really really cool when it came out!

In 1999!

It was terrible in 1999 and it's terrible now.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Andrast posted:

It was terrible in 1999 and it's terrible now.
Dude, I had an N64 at the time when my friend brought his Dreamcast over, 60fps alone was mindblowing.

Soul Calibur was way better, though. We played that a lot more.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I can barely tell what is happening most of the time in the first episode of the LP and that speedster sonic will stand there instead of yoinking the chaos emeralds out of robotnik's hands is possibly the worst example of that sort of thing I've ever seen

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My favorite part of discussions about Sonic Adventure/2 will always be the droves of people that fall all over themselves in a desperate bid to tell you how poo poo it is and more often than not, not even give a reason why they think that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

My favorite part of discussions about Sonic Adventure/2 will always be the droves of people that fall all over themselves in a desperate bid to tell you how poo poo it is and more often than not, not even give a reason why they think that.

It sure is weird that people will say that a bad game is bad. The gameplay is terrible, the level design is bad, the game is barely works, everything is just loving bad.

(Okay, the music is alright)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh it's not weird. Sonic Adventure is, from an objective standpoint, not a very good game. All factors considered, however, it definitely stands out from other generic platforming games of the time. I just think it's funny that consistently, every time the game comes up anywhere, you know there will be one or two posters right there 5 minutes after the discussion started swoopin on in just to go "UM hey you guys know this game is poo poo garbage trash for babies right?? anyway that's all see ya".

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 11:34 on May 6, 2015

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Oh it's not weird. Sonic Adventure is, from an objective standpoint, not a very game. All factors considered, however, it definitely stands out from other generic platforming games of the time. I just think it's funny that consistently, every time the game comes up anywhere, you know there will be one or two posters right there 5 minutes after the discussion started swoopin on in just to go "UM hey you guys know this game is poo poo garbage trash for babies right?? anyway that's all see ya".

To be fair, in this case it's related to LP since Liam is arguing that the game is in fact not terrible.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Thank you Shadow Team for blessing us with the sonic adventure franchise and creating the greatest age of video gaming

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Every single 3D platformer from that era sucked, both in hindsight and then, but it was all we had at the time.

okay sm64 is still cool and good

really most 3d early era games were pretty bad but they were 3d tho

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The banjo games were great

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Sonic Adventure 2 is a fantastic game that holds up even to this day. SA1 is cool too. I'm glad in this LP everyone likes the game.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wtb banjo Kazooie and banjo tooie LPs

Then nuts and bolts if they're feeling saucy

Have Liam in the driver seat because he seems like the most engineering-smart designer of the group

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Adventure games were pretty rad in their time.

I love it when Liam stops to find holes in the geometry.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I originally watched like 20 minutes of the xenogears episode and was like "this looks cool, I kinda wanna play it myself now."

Now that I'm past where the video ends felt like going back and finishing it- it's a older game though so wanted to ask if they drop any spoilers in it because if so will put it off further.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i don't recall them discussing any spoilers, except a few location spoilers.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Liam's gonna have a real hard time convincing people Sonic Adventure is good the further into Suckles' stages they get

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Sonic Adventure 2 is a fantastic game that holds up even to this day. SA1 is cool too. I'm glad in this LP everyone likes the game.

Sonic Adventure 2 is good if you ignore everything that isn't Sonic or Shadow's stages. Everything else is a clunky piece of trash that controls like garbage. Tails and Eggman especially, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The rest of the playthrough should just be them messing around in the Chao garden.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Sonic Adventure 2 is good if you ignore everything that isn't Sonic or Shadow's stages. Everything else is a clunky piece of trash that controls like garbage. Tails and Eggman especially, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yeah, the regular sonic levels are good but there's more bad minigames and bad Knuckles/Rouge and Tails/Eggman stages than good levels.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I actually found myself enjoying the Knuckles stages more than the Sonic ones when I replayed awhile ago. Gliding forever is fun and so is lovely rap.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

FauxGateau posted:

The rest of the playthrough should just be them messing around in the Chao garden.

I halfway expected the first episode to turn into that.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think the only "bad" stages are the Tails stage, and even they are not so bad. Just bad compared to the rest of the great game.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I halfway expected the first episode to turn into that.

Then after that we cut to the dumb cart racer that's in SA2: Battle.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I liked Eggman's "blow everything up" stages from SA2.

Woolie mentioned playing Chroma Squad on the podcast and I'd like to let you know that if you have any interest in that game, you should probably consider picking it up sooner rather than later, as Saban and Toei have teamed up and have now gotten the game removed from Steam in any country where Sentai series are currently being shown.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhonne posted:

Woolie mentioned playing Chroma Squad on the podcast and I'd like to let you know that if you have any interest in that game, you should probably consider picking it up sooner rather than later, as Saban and Toei have teamed up and have now gotten the game removed from Steam in any country where Sentai series are currently being shown.

What the ever-loving gently caress.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
How is that game?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Depths posted:

How is that game?

It's rad. It's like new XCOM but with Tokusatsu. And apparently the dev team pissed off a gypsy at some point.

Edit: Well not exactly like XCOM, but it's easier and it's a nice love letter to Sentai shows. It's a SRPG, and has branching choices and storylines. All in all I would say it's worth the price if you're into that stuff (you get to make your own mech). But if you're looking for a long game that rewards your tactical choices I would probably wait for a sale. Or play on challenging. But I can't speak to the difficulty of that.

TexMexFoodbaby fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 6, 2015

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I haven't beaten it yet, but I've enjoyed what I played so far. It's a little easy so far, though I'm just playing on the normal difficulty. The story is basically about a group of stuntmen who get sick of working for a Sentai show and go off to make their own indie studio. There's even a part where your former boss sends you a threatening email saying you need to either pay him royalties, or he'll take you to court. One of my rangers is also a Beaver.

You can read more about the game in its thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Wow, Woolie actually learned to run. A bit. Sometimes.

Still, I'm proud.