Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're not going to put it on 11 your first time using it. Especially on your friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
Ollie has been listening to laurel nag him his whole life, it's why he looks so unsurprised and then strolls off a building instead of dealing with it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxRIIyPOi9g

Arrow clip from tomorrow's episode.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Ollie is playing Ra's???

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Seems more like the sheer hosed up-ness of Maseo giving the mass murdering biological weapon that killed his son to Ra's is the thing that breaks through to his true character.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

That certainly changes things :stare:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Seems sort of like... the League really needs to update it's traditions a bit. People don't come from little fishing villages any more. You don't just wipe starling city off the map if you kill a bunch of people in it silly, we have google maps, lines were drawn. Some people will be on vacation that week too but it's probably ok if they miss a few.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I've never seen the Starling City flag. No flag no country :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Soothing Vapors posted:

You left out the parts about thinking Laurel's tits are too small to be the Black Canary and believing one of the writers is a member of an obscure, dying comedy forum about because they referenced a 10 year old meme

Well obviously Laurel can only ascend to Ras Al Ghul Canary status when her gimp suit gets a boob window like Sarah had.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Agree with almost all of this. As for Laurel's cans, I don't think that's really a problem with her physical appearance, but I do think she looks very odd in the Canary outfit. Sarah pretty much nailed it costume and physique-wise, whereas Laurel ends up looking really bizarre and out of place (partially from that freaky wig). My go-to image of Black Canary is the one from Justice League Unlimited, so yeah.

Arrow this season just feels really tired and uninteresting especially compared to how much The Flash is knocking it out of the park. I've pretty much written off this season entirely since the finale obviously won't have Oliver become Ra's, at least not permanently. Why explore unfamiliar territory when we can just have him renege on this obviously sinister and unjustifiable plan of murdering all of Starling City, and go back to Team Arrow? Which, by the way, is insufferable. I think they really hosed up adding so many people to their little group of crusaders so quickly. Felicity gets so much screentime but she's reduced to a walking pile of tears, when she was quirky and fun in the first two seasons. I would love to see "Team Arrow" dismantled with the exception of Roy or Diggle, so that the show can be Green Arrow instead of the trash we've got now, where everything they do is a decision by committee (and the committee is full of people who wear incredulous looks constantly). Oliver got poo poo done in the first season, even before he had help - let's get back to basics.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
When you compare the cast and writing/producer reactions and discussions about Arrow this season, you get the sense that producing Arrow now seems to be more of a chore and obligation and The Flash is where all the focus is. Not only has the creative focus shifted, but Arrow's budget was slashed in half for season 2, and then cut further for season 3, which can't make things easy. Then there is the introduction of metahumans and bringing someone like Ra's in this early that puts Arrow in an awkward position. It was supposed to be a street-level superhero show, but Oliver is at a level where any non-Ras, non-metahuman villain is little more than an insect to be swatted. Even if Arrow changes course and shifts the focus to Oliver fighting metahumans, without mirakuru Roy around, everyone else basically needs to hide indoors while Oliver does everything.

The show needs major retooling, but with Berlanti focused on Supergirl, and the rest of his crew at the CW having Legends of Tomorrow to work on, I don't think Arrow will get the attention it needs to get back on track.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Seems sort of like... the League really needs to update it's traditions a bit. People don't come from little fishing villages any more. You don't just wipe starling city off the map if you kill a bunch of people in it silly, we have google maps, lines were drawn. Some people will be on vacation that week too but it's probably ok if they miss a few.
They'll just handwave it with Ollie's family estate was out in some unincorporated township to avoid paying city taxes so at most they just have to wipe one six block square quaint little downtown area + a few farms and a passel of rich folks off the map.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Spoilers ahead
ET got an advanced screening of tonight's episode, and posted their thoughts

Ray flies through a plane :black101:

Also, gonna call it now, Maseo or Tatsu end up biting it tonight.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

My curiosity got the best of me and I found the finale's episode title in my TV guide. It's "My Name is Oliver Queen"

Sounds :black101: as gently caress to be quite honest

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I think he's going to say the thing this week.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Darke GBF posted:

Agree with almost all of this. As for Laurel's cans, I don't think that's really a problem with her physical appearance, but I do think she looks very odd in the Canary outfit. Sarah pretty much nailed it costume and physique-wise, whereas Laurel ends up looking really bizarre and out of place (partially from that freaky wig). My go-to image of Black Canary is the one from Justice League Unlimited, so yeah.

I didn't mean to suggest she didn't have the cans, just that she's wearing the jacket zipped up to her neck, it contributes to her looking less like the Canary and more like a Gimp.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Is tonight the night a man becomes his own Eskimo brother?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Supergirl got picked up for a full season.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Laurel's stance will never not be funny.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
I've decided the Canary Cry looks awful because they literally give no special effects around it. At least make the air wavy a bit coming from her mouth, it just looks like she's yawning right now...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
John Diggles you have great anger, welcome to the Red Lantern Corps.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Felicity sucks right now as a character.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
"Sanguine." No one talks like that, Laurel.

Stop being emo, y'all.

Good action sequence though.

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women
At this point I don't even want felicity to have a good scene, I just want one where she doesn't cry

E: oh come on

Paradise Lost fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 7, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Well, that was a revelation.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

God.

Damnit.

Arc ruined.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Should we bother asking how Malcolm got there

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:lol: if this was the long con thing :lol:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Hey, Ollie was lying. Doesn't explain why he was ready to kill Diggle and Nyssa.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

BrianWilly posted:

Should we bother asking how Malcolm got there

Random Act of Barrowman?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

As bad as Hong Kong has been, Akiyo was a bright spot :smith:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Man, Ray hates money.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Did Palmer just sign his company over to Felicity?

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

None of you are good actors

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

To help convince you all of my trustworthiness, I've brought along someone none of you know.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I loved the way Barrowman said "charade"

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

I was half expecting Sara to walk out there.

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

My daughter lives in this city, the one I tried to destroy two seasons ago

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Paradise Lost posted:

My daughter lives in this city, the one I tried to destroy two seasons ago

He also knows that she just left the city. He really can't help himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Thank god someone's gonna get some today.

• Locked thread