Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoeank posted:

I bought into Shane Greene and :stonk:

Yeah I had to jettison him, no one has time for those shellings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Spoeank posted:

I bought into Shane Greene and :stonk:

As a Yankees fan I say you're an idiot

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

OPINION TIME

Khris Davis is being stinky and I keep him on my bench, I hope he's better soon

Grendal hit a loving home run finally. :toot:

Anyone watch Marrow? Is he getting a PetCo boost or is he actually a decent pitcher now

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

ZenVulgarity posted:

I blame it on him being in the Sleeper and the Bust intro so I heard it over and over

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Can I have Yahoo show me stats that aren't part of my league

I want to sort by K% - BB% sometimes and be lazy

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Joe Kelly is another K%-BB% champ who had a bad game last night.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Anyone watch Marrow? Is he getting a PetCo boost or is he actually a decent pitcher now

I picked up Ian Kennedy last year for no other reason than Petco and it paid off, so I grabbed Morrow this year under the same philosophy. It's hard to properly gauge the effect of ballparks on his pitching because his games have consisted of 4 home games at Petco (all quality starts) and 1 away game at Coors (where he got hit hard).

Guess which one the Coors start was?

He's a solid 6 on a scale of 1-10, but that's worth keeping on your team (IMO) unless you already have a really good staff.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

I blame it on him being in the Sleeper and the Bust intro so I heard it over and over

Boy, they whiffed hard on Hutchison, too.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Just got offered Jason Heyward for Wil Myers. H2H points league. What would you do?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bewbies posted:

Just got offered Jason Heyward for Wil Myers. H2H points league. What would you do?

laugh

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Would you drop Wade Davis for Morrow in a standard roto league with an innings cap? Even before closing, Davis was great for ratios.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

bewbies posted:

Tell them they better add one more piece at the very least and laugh at them

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Thank you so much to the goon who talked me out of trading Joc "Barry Bonds" Pederson

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hanley Ramirez looks like he broke something :negative:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rand alPaul posted:

Hanley Ramirez looks like he broke something :negative:

It's always a good idea to make your best hitter play a position he is completely unfamiliar with.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Damnit Martinez, putting my teams in an early hole at the start of the week. :argh:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Phillies' bullpen is trying hard to blow Harang's win. :ohdear:

At least the QS is in the books whatever happens.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I traded Lonnie Chisenhall to a dude for Stephen Vogt on the 2nd day of the season.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Lol I feel like a fuckin chump for picking up Jimmy Paredes. I cant find a single ranking with him in the top 300 ROS

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
O/U on SB for Anthony Rizzo: 20

I was also going to add O/U valuable as Paul Goldshmidt, but then looking at Goldy's stats :eyepop: :eyepop:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

jabro posted:

It's always a good idea to make your best hitter play a position he is completely unfamiliar with.

Gotta do it so Pablo can play a worse 3B and for more money than Hanley!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gotta love it when people try desperately to include guys I do not want in trades, only to just drop them on the waiver wire. yeah thanks fucker for confirming you were literally trying to give me garbage. this has happened like twice this month.

granted this was alex wood he dropped after trying to get corey "im blowing up" kluber but still

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
One of my leagues is a silly 8 team H2H points league. I can probably drop Alex Gordon to pick up Joc Pederson, right?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

DeepDickPizza posted:

One of my leagues is a silly 8 team H2H points league. I can probably drop Alex Gordon to pick up Joc Pederson, right?

Yes

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

DeepDickPizza posted:

why are you waiting for us to answer, go do this already.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

the_american_dream posted:

Lol I feel like a fuckin chump for picking up Jimmy Paredes. I cant find a single ranking with him in the top 300 ROS

He's kicking rear end right now, who cares about rankings.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Done. It's really confusing for me to judge value in a league where I have Andrew McCutcheon, Carlos Gomez, Joey Votto, Justin Upton, Adrian Beltre, Kris Bryant and Hanley Ramirez all on the same team.

Thanks guys.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

What

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

gotta love it when people try desperately to include guys I do not want in trades, only to just drop them on the waiver wire. yeah thanks fucker for confirming you were literally trying to give me garbage. this has happened like twice this month.

granted this was alex wood he dropped after trying to get corey "im blowing up" kluber but still

I keep an open bench spot or two for my "prospect list." I constantly churn the FA wire, and try to turn over players I grabbed that I have no intention of ever playing for other players, or even just FAAB or draft $$. If I don't get any takers, I set let them go as soon someone more enticing comes along.

Two weeks ago, Logan Forsythe and Johnny Giovatella were the only FA replacement level 2Bs in our deep rear end AL only league, and even though I'm set at 2B, I grabbed them both so that whoever wanted one had to deal with me.

TL;DR - I'm that guy...

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

kensei posted:

He's kicking rear end right now, who cares about rankings.

Yea i know but i had the option of him reddick Heyward and werth and need to be validated :ohdear:

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS

blarzgh posted:

I keep an open bench spot or two for my "prospect list." I constantly churn the FA wire, and try to turn over players I grabbed that I have no intention of ever playing for other players, or even just FAAB or draft $$. If I don't get any takers, I set let them go as soon someone more enticing comes along.

Two weeks ago, Logan Forsythe and Johnny Giovatella were the only FA replacement level 2Bs in our deep rear end AL only league, and even though I'm set at 2B, I grabbed them both so that whoever wanted one had to deal with me.

TL;DR - I'm that guy...

There's a guy like that in my 16 team h2h league. He's got 6 minor league prospects on his team. He's in 12th place and dropping fast so I'm not sure what his plan is.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Armed Neutrality posted:

There's a guy like that in my 16 team h2h league. He's got 6 minor league prospects on his team. He's in 12th place and dropping fast so I'm not sure what his plan is.

Well, I'm in 3rd place, projected to finish first by 7 points, and I just added 3 points worth of saves.

Edit: some people just like doin deals, I guess.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Picking up Rajai Davis for the next 2 games since the Tigers are facing 2 lefties. Calling 2+ SB or HR.

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 5, 2015

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can Andrew McCutchen go on the DL or something?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Rand alPaul posted:

Can Andrew McCutchen Carlos Gonzalez Robinson Cano go on the DL or something?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thank God I only have 2 of those guys. Sub out Cano for Victor Martinez.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Rand alPaul posted:

Can Andrew McCutchen go on the DL or something?

He is literally my second worst player but im looking at it as a good thing for now :unsmith:

As for my actual worst player Alexei Ramirez do I want to pick up Simmons or Cozart to replace him?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

one of the things i see in mccutchen's stats is his swing percentage. he's swinging at 3% less pitches this season. doesn't matter if they're in or out of the zone. 3% less on pitches outside, and 3% less on pitches inside. i wonder why.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
McCutchen has only seen 420 pitches so far this year. 3% is 12.6. This is really too small of a sample size to determine anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

swing percentages become reliable after 50 PA or so.

• Locked thread