Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plan Z
May 6, 2012

farraday posted:

You expressed that you're an entitled poo poo who thinks your kid with developmental issues is more important than anyone else's child.

Yes how dare someone with developmental challenges be allowed around other children, if only they'd been beaten into normalcy.

Of course since your child is special needs that makes you an expert on being an rear end in a top hat to children with special needs, so I'm glad to have your input.

I mean I seem to recall getting in trouble at school and my parents being called, apparently this is no longer an option and we take in loco parentis seriously enough that it literally means you don't have parents anymore and the escalation goes school->cops->mental institution.

Wow, calm the down. I don't think this goon would actually throw a child into traffic, fyi.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 03:59 on May 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Didn't a cop taze an elementary schooler for touching his car recently?
You can tell that the dogs are completely off the leash when theyre attacking babies and white models on camera.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/miami-beach-cop-suspended-for-punching-handcuffed-model-after-new-video-emerges/

quote:

Miami Beach cop suspended for punching handcuffed model after new video emerges

A Miami Beach police officer who kicked and punched a model whose hands were cuffed behind her back has received a month’s unpaid suspension nearly two years after the melee took place. Why did it take so long to reprimand the cop? Because officers never reported the use of force.

Oh wait that was two years ago. I guess the dogs werent on a leash.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
http://www.masslive.com/news/boston/index.ssf/2015/05/gloucester_police_chief_leonar.html

quote:

GLOUCESTER — In a sweeping policy change on how the Gloucester Police Department will handle certain drug crimes, Chief Leonard Campanello says addicts who surrender their illegal drugs and ask for help will be offered treatment options instead of handcuffs.

Campanello, who made the announcement during a weekend forum in Gloucester, is expected to travel to Washington, D.C., next week to meet with members of the state's congressional delegation, including U.S. Rep. Seth W. Moulton, D-Salem, and the state's two Democratic senators, Elizabeth Warren and Ed Markey.

Gloucester police officials have entered into an agreement with Conley's Drug Store and are working with a CVS store to allow anyone access to Narcan, a nasal spray used to reverse the effects of a heroin overdose. The goal is to make the anti-overdose medication available without a prescription at little to no cost, according to Campanello.

"The police department will pay the cost of nasal Narcan for those without insurance," he said. "We will pay for it with money seized from drug dealers during investigations. We will save lives with the money from the pockets of those who would take them."

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 06:56 on May 6, 2015

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
They're gonna (kinda) treat drug addiction as a health problem and not a criminal one? Is this America?

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

They're gonna (kinda) treat drug addiction as a health problem and not a criminal one? Is this America?

Love my state, guess being the first to gay marriage and universal healthcare just got blaise.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

If they had universal health care that wouldn't even be an option problem. Treat drug addicts as anything other than criminals, by gosh!

Pohl fucked around with this message at 11:23 on May 6, 2015

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Jarmak posted:

Love my state, guess being the first to gay marriage and universal healthcare just got blaise.

That actually makes me realize why you are so horrible about policing.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Jarmak posted:

They've had a big problem with opioid-related deaths in the past couple years, so it's a shame it took this long but at least it's something. Gloucester is a hell of a place to roll this out but they also need it in other cities/towns throughout the rest of the state.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

I wasn't being ironic, I was bragging

edit:

Pohl posted:

That actually makes me realize why you are so horrible about policing.

look, an idiot

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

Jarmak posted:

edit:

look, an idiot

The comment could have been taken either way but thank you for clarifying. It's honestly great that your state is trying to lead the way in drug rehab reform and I look forward to seeing other states implement it. One thing that would help crime rates and everyone in general is treating drug issues as a healthcare issue.

tezcat fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 6, 2015

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Jarmak posted:

edit:

look, an idiot

You sure do call other people here an idiot an awful lot. Maybe it's just because they disagree with you?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Samurai Sanders posted:

Californias voters did this 15 years ago.
Well they tried. . .

Even odds that in 5 years cops watch who comes by and busts them later.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
"During the physical altercation, an officer-involved shooting occurred.”

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION

"LAPD Chief Charlie Beck said he's concerned about fatal shooting of unarmed man in Venice

After confrontation with police, homeless man fatally shot by officers in Venice, LAPD says

Unarmed homeless man shot and killed in confrontation with police in Venice, LAPD says"

1 for 3! One of the good ones

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

GreyPowerVan posted:

You sure do call other people here an idiot an awful lot. Maybe it's just because they disagree with you?

Maybe its cause people post a lot of stupid poo poo in this thread, like complaining about me calling someone an idiot when it was in response to a post calling me horrible.

Its also rather telling of the red team/blue team nature of this thread that people make the assumption that I'm a homophobe rather then in favor of drug reform (despite having said I am every time its come up) when reading the above comment because I'm on the "other team".

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Jarmak posted:

i wasn't judging your post, just simply adding some context onto it for everyone. its a good policy but only local at the moment and needs to be adopted in more places.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jarmak posted:

Maybe its cause people post a lot of stupid poo poo in this thread, like complaining about me calling someone an idiot when it was in response to a post calling me horrible.

Its also rather telling of the red team/blue team nature of this thread that people make the assumption that I'm a homophobe rather then in favor of drug reform (despite having said I am every time its come up) when reading the above comment because I'm on the "other team".

Jarmak, there is some serious problems with police in this country. Your continual support of a "team" narrative seems to be ignoring what is actually happening in favor of trying to score "those guys are always just not like me and crazy" points.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

This one's actually kinda hilarious. A sheriff shot a real estate agent while the two were alone in a demo home and only wants to say that he was conducting "police training exercises" lol. I'm guessing there was some heavy petting involved, maybe a little role play, "your gun is digging into my hip", then *blam*, oops!

I apologize for the Fox News link, it was what I had handy.

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

Just an update: crowdfunding for legal/bail support to assist folks who showed up to protest in Baltimore just broke $100,000.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Alligator Horse posted:

Just an update: crowdfunding for legal/bail support to assist folks who showed up to protest in Baltimore just broke $100,000.

Now all they need is $400,000 more and they can bail one person out of jail. HORAY

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
Oh those brave heros. So wacky!

http://m.wbaltv.com/news/police-anne-arundel-county-police-officer-bites-mans-testicles/32841400

quote:

Anne Arundel County police officer bites man's testicles

BALTIMORE -

An Anne Arundel County police officer faces an assault charge after he bit another man's testicles in a fight over a woman on Cinco de Mayo, according to charging documents released by police Wednesday.

"The bitee actually got the better of him in the fist fight. After we broke them up is when he disclosed he'd been bitten in the testicles," witness Thomas Bourne said.

Bourne was one of a number of people who tried to break up the fight.

"He was upset, took him a long time to calm down. He indicated he needed medical assistance. He was bleeding in his area after what happened," Bourne said.

According to the charging documents, police said Michael Flaig, 31, was found on the second floor of the bar with blood stains on his shirt and appeared inebriated.

The victim told police that during the altercation Flaig bit his testicle and ran off.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
How do you even find someone's testicles with your teeth? Er...assuming they were wearing pants.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

That cop obviously spent his entire life training for that moment of glory. He knew that his day would come. And finally, after years upon years of bobbing for apples... he was ready. :black101:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

That must've been some kinky 3-some going on. The cop was probably that cuck. Hence, his mouth being in the region of the other man's balls.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Those are some chimpanzee tactics right there.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

wow, thats hosed up. also he kinda looks like B.J, Blaskowitz in the new wolfenstein game.

So whats the deal with the two seprate investigations in Baltimore. How different are they from each other. I am willing to believe the Police one is full of bullshit, but whats the story here.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/08/us-usa-police-delaware-idUSKBN0NT0X120150508

Update of a story from 2013 - an officer kicks a dude in the jaw during an arrest, is not indicted for assault and gets off scot-free. Now a few days ago, the dashcam video was finally released, and the officer is being charged with assault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YVMgq3hs5g

Skip to ~2:30 for the part in question.

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

SgtScruffy posted:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/08/us-usa-police-delaware-idUSKBN0NT0X120150508

Update of a story from 2013 - an officer kicks a dude in the jaw during an arrest, is not indicted for assault and gets off scot-free. Now a few days ago, the dashcam video was finally released, and the officer is being charged with assault.

Notable parts of the story:

quote:

A previous grand jury declined to indict Webster on criminal charges and the U.S. Attorney's Office in 2014 found no violation of Dickerson's civil rights.

Would be very interested to know how a grand jury could decline to indict. Be interesting to see how it went..unless of course it's sealed. Maybe they didn't see the video? It's just absurdly blatant, I wish it were surprising.

quote:

Fred Calhoun, president of the Delaware's police union, the Fraternal Order of Police, said the criminal charges against the officer were politically motivated, the News Journal newspaper reported on Thursday.

"It's not fair. This was done because of what is taking place in society today," Calhoun said.

I wish anyone else in this country had unions that would completely disregard reality in our defense.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

To me the legal layman, Mosby refusing to go with a grand jury in Baltimore is really telling.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

SgtScruffy posted:

Here's a gif of that kick: http://gfycat.com/OrdinaryLimitedDodobird

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Something somewhat telling from the Youtube description:

quote:

On May 4, 2015, the Dover Police Department learned that the Delaware Attorney General’s office took this case before a second grand jury which indicted Cpl. Webster on the charge of Assault 2nd degree. Upon being notified of the indictment the Dover Police Department immediately placed Webster on leave without pay pending the outcome of the criminal case.

That makes it sound like the AG basically did it all on the DL so that there wouldn't be any interference, and surprised the Dover PD with the ruling after the fact

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So Bill deBlasio has decided against hiring a thousand more cops for the NYPD and instead wants to focus his budget on Social services. Of course moat of the news papers are acting like he's stabbing the NYPD in the back and one paper's headline is calling this him turning his backs on the police.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

KomradeX posted:

So Bill deBlasio has decided against hiring a thousand more cops for the NYPD and instead wants to focus his budget on Social services. Of course moat of the news papers are acting like he's stabbing the NYPD in the back and one paper's headline is calling this him turning his backs on the police.

:ironicat:

well they did it first so

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
With their whole slowdown thing they kind of proved that New York doesn't even need all the cops it has.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Maybe they can hand pacifiers coated with lead paint to babies. Hey, it'd be an investment in job growth!

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

It must really suck for them, they thought they'd prove to us how useful they are, instead they proved how little they're needed. It's like a lovely relationship, we found a hot new guy while we were on break.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

With their whole slowdown thing they kind of proved that New York doesn't even need all the cops it has.

Is that still going on? I remember back a few months ago, there were like 90% reductions in BS crimes and things - did that stop pretty quickly, or did the "protest" actually keep on going with (mostly) positive results?

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

California Senate approves ban on using grand juries to investigate police deaths.

quote:

Grand juries would be prohibited from investigating police shootings and cases where an individual dies from excessive force during an arrest under a bill passed Thursday by the California state Senate.

By banning the use of grand juries, the decision to prosecute officers would rest solely with local district attorneys. Mitchell said forcing district attorneys, who are elected, to deal with these cases would provide accountability.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article20444133.html

Not really sure whether that's good or bad, or if it'll just depend on the DA. Maybe forcing the DA to take a position on each instance is better than enabling them the punt it off to a grand jury? Seems like it could go either way, really.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SgtScruffy posted:

Is that still going on? I remember back a few months ago, there were like 90% reductions in BS crimes and things - did that stop pretty quickly, or did the "protest" actually keep on going with (mostly) positive results?

It only lasted a few days before they realized that it kinda hurt their point if there weren't gangs rampaging through the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

hobbesmaster posted:

It only lasted a few days before they realized that it kinda hurt their point if there weren't gangs rampaging through the street.

It was a really, really nice few days. You could literally feel how much less pressure there was in the city when everyone knew that sneaking a beer on the street or smoking a little weed wasn't going to turn into a giant pain in the rear end. Like, I have yet to find a single person who actually wanted that slowdown to end who isn't also a city budget official or police brass.

• Locked thread