Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

I have the same mouse pad. I don't know how to feel about this.

Do you also dress up fancy to play video games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You can see the rep that being a part of Groot Force brings. People winning prizes, getting fresh cheevs and NOT being banned from the O even when we should be.

Vinceness, super O forum superstar, was banned for "extreme sexual harassment to players and Gaz staff" yesterday.

He was looked up to by his peers. Maybe, it's time to start looking up to real heroes like Groot Force and when we level up on June 4th...

Toot Force

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Eiffel On You posted:

Vinceness, super O forum superstar, was banned for "extreme sexual harassment to players and Gaz staff" yesterday.
Ryolnir was asking for it, dressing like he does

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Man they have really been on a mission with these bans lately.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
RIP Another taken down by the totalitarian forum overlords.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

Ryolnir was asking for it, dressing like he does

I just want to know what qualifies as "extreme". I keep thinking a WWE Match or something. But yeah, it's verbatim on his profile warnings and I am laughing hysterically.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Eiffel On You posted:

I just want to know what qualifies as "extreme". I keep thinking a WWE Match or something. But yeah, it's verbatim on his profile warnings and I am laughing hysterically.

haha same. These cryptic notes Fenixion leaves in their profiles are maddening.

Saw IcipherX was banned too, but it's just a 1 day ban. :(

edit: also Solandres is back to being banned lol

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

My all time favorite part of a Gaz ban is it always leads to a major discussion on the banned players page. Like what's happening to Vinceness.

I equate it to stomping and making GBS threads all over somebody's gravestone. There's nothing he can do except take the globs of text or in this case, the walken spam of "darling" all over his main page.

Hey you're banned?!?!?!? let's flood his page and barf on his grave. That'll show him!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

RIP Another taken down by the totalitarian forum overlords.

But where did you get the N???

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

haha same. These cryptic notes Fenixion leaves in their profiles are maddening.

Saw IcipherX was banned too, but it's just a 1 day ban. :(

edit: also Solandres is back to being banned lol

Oh god I am going to their pages ASAP. Rofl at IcipherX hahahhahah

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

But where did you get the N???

Mocking me doesn't work when everyone already thinks you're retarded.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

I kind of wish I could see what was actually said that led to the ban in some of these cases. But I guess if it was bad enough they just want it gone altogether.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I'm pretty sure some of the bans (like Pyrceval's and Vinceness's) are for ingame chat, sadly. I wish Gaz would do what Riot does and post the chatlogs.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
To any lurkers browsing this thread because they're interested in playing this game but have no idea what the gently caress is going on:

1. Yes, the regular posters really are this retarded. The thread is particularly awful right now but this is pretty much par for the course. It's degenerated into a nonsense inside joke meme circlejerk that's impenetrable by sane individuals.

2. Despite that, this game is pretty fun and the guild is pretty chill, easily the best goon community I've been a part of. I know this thread is pretty fuckin bad but please don't write off the game just because these morons are basically trying to chase you away.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Soothing Vapors posted:

I'm pretty sure some of the bans (like Pyrceval's and Vinceness's) are for ingame chat, sadly. I wish Gaz would do what Riot does and post the chatlogs.

I'm going to rape and kill Doomsaw's family for what he did to me, darling

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Phyresis posted:

To any lurkers browsing this thread because they're interested in playing this game but have no idea what the gently caress is going on:

1. Yes, the regular posters really are this retarded. The thread is particularly awful right now but this is pretty much par for the course. It's degenerated into a nonsense inside joke meme circlejerk that's impenetrable by sane individuals.

2. Despite that, this game is pretty fun and the guild is pretty chill, easily the best goon community I've been a part of. I know this thread is pretty fuckin bad but please don't write off the game just because these morons are basically trying to chase you away.

counterpoint: :gaz:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Phyresis posted:

how ur SW babe

Lux Aeterna posted:

counterpoint: :gaz:

[1] Agree

Drythe posted:

Mocking me doesn't work when everyone already thinks you're retarded.

Thinks??

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 6, 2015

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Soothing Vapors posted:

how ur SW babe

Much easier to level than before the rework, thanks for asking. Now that I have the time to sit down and grind it out it's pretty fun.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Phyresis posted:

Much easier to level than before the rework, thanks for asking. Now that I have the time to sit down and grind it out it's pretty fun.

next on my list is getting her nerfed into the ground so far it will look like EMF was calm, measured, and appropriate. this will happen right before phy hits cosmic 60

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

:gaz:

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Lux Aeterna posted:

next on my list is getting her nerfed into the ground so far it will look like EMF was calm, measured, and appropriate. this will happen right before phy hits cosmic 60

Sounds like a pretty productive use of your efforts, I'm eager to see your results. Also you can drop the gimmick anytime, everyone knows that you have no say over anything in this game and that the TC threads are probably orders of magnitude more influential to their decision-making than you ever could be.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Man someone is salty as gently caress this morning.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Phyresis is just trying to be edgy, it's fairly normal

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Mokhu posted:

What even happened to Chelatek? He hasn't even posted in this thread yet.

:gaz: Toot Force :gaz:

:gaz: Cosmic Today! :gaz:

What are you talking about

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Drythe posted:

Phyresis is just trying to be edgy, it's fairly normal

Oh, I'm sorry, did I disrupt your nonstop flow of shitposting nonsense? Can't have that now, can we?

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

nostrata posted:

Man someone is salty as gently caress this morning.

he's weed fell into the dead sea

edit: fixed typo

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Phyresis posted:

Oh, I'm sorry, did I disrupt your nonstop flow of shitposting nonsense? Can't have that now, can we?

provin me wrong :smuggo:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Phry is always as salty as the Hungry Man dinners he lives on

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

We went from level 7-38 in that one holo :gaz:

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Phyresis posted:

Look, if you're feeling left out of the circle jerk, by all means, jump in. We could always use a new pivot.
This goes for all the new players too. We are very welcoming.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Our hands are so soft and supple

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

drat, grats on the ultimate bundle.

And don't listen to these Invisimom haters, she will always rule. :colbert:

She is pretty great at killing bosses if you don't have a blinged out Venom (or whatever other top tier hero). With the right builds she is basically invisible most of the time and the AI just sort of walks around never doing their signature moves and allowing you to pummel them to death with ease (even if it is currently slower than a lot of other characters :smith: ).

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

nostrata posted:

Look, if you're feeling left out of the circle jerk, by all means, jump in. We could always use a new pivot.
This goes for all the new players too. We are very welcoming.

Yeah, that's exactly what I want... wait, no, no it's not. This thread shouldn't be utter loving trash but that would require that the posters not be utter loving trash so that ain't happening

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

why are people in this thread so invested in the banning and posting habits of the official game forums, it's really weird

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Was the goon who went away to order a Pizza....ever get the Pizza? I mean I waited for 5 minutes and just did the holosim myself (franks at 23 or something now)...but drat I wanted to know if the Pizza got ordered...I need closure.

Also All Hail Doom and His Magic Shofar!

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

MinibarMatchman posted:

why are people in this thread so invested in the banning and posting habits of the official game forums, it's really weird

I've noticed that too, it's just another hosed up thing about this dumb thread, like... who cares? Talk about the game.

This is one of the worst "recruitment" threads in Games, probably one of the worst active threads period, which is saying a lot. So far in this iteration maybe 1 out of 10 posts has any content whatsoever. Have some standards, guys. I am disappointed in you and you should be ashamed.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

This is well into esoteric knowledge territory, you're going to need to hit the fifth circle of yellowname before it starts to make sense. Good luck on your journey!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

it's not a something awful thread if some people aren't weirdly invested in having an outside group to feel superior to

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

Yeh, goons are the weird ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Phyresis posted:

Glob Herman should be a playable hero. WHY isn't Glob Herman a playable hero.

Phyresis posted:

page 4 and the thread's already gone to complete poo poo, big surprise there

Phyresis posted:

really cuz only Black Widow and Ms. Marvel really do it for me

Phyresis posted:

don't cosmic

Phyresis posted:

surprise, hawkeye is a racist piece of poo poo (we already knew Hank was a pos)

Phyresis posted:

Sounds like a pretty productive use of your efforts, I'm eager to see your results. Also you can drop the gimmick anytime, everyone knows that you have no say over anything in this game and that the TC threads are probably orders of magnitude more influential to their decision-making than you ever could be.

Phyresis posted:

quote:

Yeah, that's exactly what I want... wait, no, no it's not. This thread shouldn't be utter loving trash but that would require that the posters not be utter loving trash so that ain't happening

Phyresis posted:

Phyresis posted:

[quote="Phyresis" post="444981728"]
I've noticed that too, it's just another hosed up thing about this dumb thread, like... who cares? Talk about the game.

This is one of the worst "recruitment" threads in Games, probably one of the worst active threads period, which is saying a lot. So far in this iteration maybe 1 out of 10 posts has any content whatsoever. Have some standards, guys. I am disappointed in you and you should be ashamed.
Which one of these 10 posts contains this "content" I'm hearing so much about :confused:

• Locked thread