Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

GFW Roster (announced so far):

Chael Sonnen - "Expert Analyst"

PJ Black (Justin Gabriel)
Davey Boy Smith Jr.

I can neither confirm nor deny the rumor sweeping the internet that sunsweet is the senior referee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Flameingblack posted:

Will he be the Dan Severn or the Rampage Jackson of GFW?

Ken Shamrock.

Alternatively, Tank Abbott.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Their "expert announcer" is Chael Sonnen and their roster consists of Davey Boy Smith, Jr. and PJ "The Darebunny" Black. I wish I knew more but there are apparently 4 people at this press conference.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

This press conference (specifically, the lack of pretty much any online presence) has made the year wait worth it.

v Southern States Wrestling garners more interest every single week than this press conference has managed.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 6, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I've seen things under NDA get more coverage before

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
#JoinTheForceOffline

#RememberToUseSnailMail

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I can't believe Jarrett couldn't even find a guy to livetweet the event.

This is sadder than anything TNA has ever done.

v I hope the minor league baseball shows are nothing but PJ Black vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 6, 2015

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

GFW rules

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I heard that PJ Black and Harry Smith were the only two people they announced and then the conference ended.

EDIT: also Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 6, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sebastian Vettel posted:

I heard that PJ Black and Harry Smith were the only two people they announced and then the conference ended.
I'm laughing pretty hard that the FMW show that had one match with 6 people has a deeper roster than something promoted on NJPW's biggest show of the year.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Great White Hope posted:

GFW Roster (announced so far):

Chael Sonnen - "Expert Analyst"

PJ Black (Justin Gabriel)
Davey Boy Smith Jr.

I can neither confirm nor deny the rumor sweeping the internet that sunsweet is the senior referee.

Every GFW show will consist of a two-hour long five star classic between PJ Black and Davey Boy #JoinTheForce

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Seeing lots of talk about Gallows and Karl Anderson too.

We're up to 4 (maybe)!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I hope there is a match between Eric Bischoff and Chael Sonnen for control of Nitro.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
GFW presents: WrestleMerica

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Sanada, Bob Sapp, KES, Gun and Gallows...Trish?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Sanada, Bob Sapp, KES, Gun and Gallows...Trish?

Sonnen, Sanada, KES, Gun and Gallows, Sanada, Chris Masters, Moose, Thea Trinidad (Rosita), Lei'D Tapa, and PJ Black

#JoinTheForce

Believe me, if they had announced Bob Sapp I would be screaming from the highest mountains in joy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Think that's Chris Masters too

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
WWE is probably pissed that GFW got Moose

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

achillesforever6 posted:

as if this fake promotion would ever stop WWE from getting a wrestler they want

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Judging by that roster, the only thing that would interest me in GFW is if they hired Russo

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Judging by that roster, the only thing that would interest me in GFW is if they hired Russo

Will you settle for Eric Bischoff?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

there is zero chance in hell that global force wrestling has iron clad contracts

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Great White Hope posted:

Will you settle for Eric Bischoff?

Ehhh I don't think I can. Eric is only fun when he is joined by Hulk and they bring in all their old buddies like the Nasty Boys and ruin a promotion.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
So who does Jeff Jarrett beat for the GFW World Championship on the first show?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

That's not even enough people for one wrestling show

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

when your top guy is Chris Masters, you're either taking a huge rear end risk or might be the smartest guy in the room.

KES and BC are a decent get.

Sanada tho. lol.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
so how much talent is Jarrett gonna sign from the losers of the upcoming tough enough?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Told you all it was Moose and not Samoa Joe.

GFW has more exciting names (two tag teams) but for some reason didn't announce them.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

rovert posted:

GFW has more exciting names (two tag teams) but for some reason didn't announce them.

Well the graphic is pretty full, can't squeeze more people in there!

I assume they got the Bucks, because why not

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WadeBartender posted:

so how much talent is Jarrett gonna sign from the losers of the upcoming tough enough?

All of them. Lucha Underground is currently making pretty good use of the losers from the last one.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

how many people were clamoring about samoa joe in this company? Two, maybe?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

To be fair two is more than the number of people interested in actual GFW shows for anything other than a trainwreck.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I wonder how Joe's chances of going to NXT will be affected after he signs for Global Force Wrestling?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Far be it for me to question the promoting skills of Jeff Jarrett, but if you wanted to get maybe more than 3 people in the crowd for something you might have announced that Chael would be there ahead of time.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Which will come first: GFW loses a roster member due to contractual issues or they tape their first show?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i think that is a pretty solid roster as far as US based guys that have name value and aren't tied up with other companies

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I've seen promotions in bumfuck nowhere with a better roster than GFW so I'm actually thoroughly convinced Jeff Jarrett is dragging this on until he can find a money mark to pay for their entire thing without having to spend any of his own money.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Spermgod posted:

i think that is a pretty solid roster as far as US based guys that have name value and aren't tied up with other companies

KES and BC are both NJPW regulars so they'll have to plan their appearences around NJPW tours

Sanada isn't too busy these days. Unless Wrestle-1 buys AJPW or something.

I'm surprised as hell Moose isn't locked into an ROH contract with as hard as their pushing him.

the women I've only vaguely heard of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Lei'D Tapa and Rosita are TNA rejects and not good.

• Locked thread