Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
There was a kid in college that was a literal ddr sperg. He would play during all his spare time and he petitioned the school to get the arcade game for the student center. When he wasn't playing he would mentally rehearse with his fingers on a mat that he designed. He was later kicked out because he tried to burn down the visual arts building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
back in the day ddr was basically the only arcade game at the movie theatre that women would ever play so i naturally only ever noticed pretty girls playing it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

lmao

finally, a rabbit hole of videos to watch, thx

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i went to the arcade at p-mall in markham a couple years back and ddr was still going strong. it was like stepping into a time machine, the fashion of the players was basically a throwback to late 90s-2000 too

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

back in the day ddr was basically the only arcade game at the movie theatre that women would ever play so i naturally only ever noticed pretty girls playing it

we only had time crisis at the local movie theatre which owned but wasnt exactly a chick magnet

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Chorrax posted:

There was a kid in college that was a literal ddr sperg. He would play during all his spare time and he petitioned the school to get the arcade game for the student center. When he wasn't playing he would mentally rehearse with his fingers on a mat that he designed. He was later kicked out because he tried to burn down the visual arts building.

And that boy grew up to be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAg5gXEsIdk

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Kenny Logins posted:

i went to the arcade at p-mall in markham a couple years back and ddr was still going strong. it was like stepping into a time machine, the fashion of the players was basically a throwback to late 90s-2000 too

yeah every time i see one in public it is a very weird place and its always a group of kids playing on expert in really beat up sneakers

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

cheese-cube posted:

this is wat happens when you play push-butan games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIn4L7hUmUI&t=60s

Sets out to upload "epic DDR winz compilation"

ends up with "Emo nerd smashes up bedroom lol"

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

one summer my friends spent all of their disposable income on ddr and it was the most shameful summer

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
to the tune of cruel summer

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

A dude I knew in college would always try to get busty ladies to play DDR at parties even when the party was in no way conducive to stopping dead and putting on a dance video game

He wanted to see titties bounce SO BAD

endlosnull
Dec 29, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cML814JD09g

ETA until they waste all their money

endlosnull fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 6, 2015

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

high velocity fat

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Valeyard posted:

its to counter balance the increased strength in that hand from decades of jerking it

Harrison Buggering.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

i'm extremely into this asian wednesday addams

Chorrax posted:

same but Beatmania and while he didn't try to burn anything (that i know of) he also started me on my path to MOBA hate as he and all the other jackasses would come into the computer lab where i worked to play DOTA and be complete assholes to everyone else.

he also thought it was hilarious to meow at people. it's been over a decade and i still remember how much i hate that guy

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
One time I played DDR so much that I got a Guinness World Record in Playing Dance Dance Revolution. This is a serious post.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

madeupfred posted:

One time I played DDR so much that I got a Guinness World Record in Playing Dance Dance Revolution. This is a serious post.

POST THE CERTIFICATE

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

john mcafee does meth, stabs neighbor, evades police

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Chorrax posted:

was waiting for punchline, it arrived, was not disappointed. a++ would laugh at someone elses mental illness again

PipeRifle posted:

He wanted to see titties bounce SO BAD
a noble pursuit

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

john mcafee does meth, stabs neighbor, evades police

a yospos hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKgf5PaBzyg

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

FMguru posted:

a noble pursuit

Liver Disaster posted:

high velocity fat

:colbert:

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Boxturret posted:

POST THE CERTIFICATE

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Yodzilla posted:

he also thought it was hilarious to meow at people

my eye twitched when I read this, like a drat cartoon. A physiological response to immediate disgust at an unknown silhouette of a description of a human being. that's how much this dude sucks, a brief recounting of one of his lovely affectations is enough to make an internet stranger literally spasm in momentary anguish

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

:eyepop:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

welp

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

holy moley

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Wait, YOU'RE rhythm game legend and "exergaming" fitness wunderkind Carrie Swidecki??

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

:swoon:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

dont do the thing plz

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZaZFI48CBw

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

PipeRifle posted:

Wait, YOU'RE rhythm game legend and "exergaming" fitness wunderkind Carrie Swidecki??

it looks like madeupfred couldn't hold on to the record (2011 vs 2014 for carrie)

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 366 days!

lmao

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

owns

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

madeupfred posted:

Boxturret posted:

POST THE CERTIFICATE
dangerous precedent set for yospos pics thread idle boasting

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 20:08 on May 6, 2015

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:

holy poo poo :pusheen:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

cheese-cube posted:

someone with a misspent life and literally too much time on their hands playing beatmania:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcXQLIPR4Os&t=19s

:stare:
i'm the AAA score tier that he still failed to achieve omg

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

confirmed. this is a sideways picture

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

I think the person who won in 2011 was something about "longest rhythm and dance game" and didn't mention actual DDR so it is probably a different thing, if not I hope I didn't inadvertently doxx someone I was just trying to make a joke

Actually losing 75 pounds through exercise-gaming is pretty impressive considering you normally play in spurts and your heart rate isn't necessarily elevated for very long, so if you can actually turn it into meaningful exercise, kudos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

i'm extremely into this asian wednesday addams

same but Beatmania and while he didn't try to burn anything (that i know of) he also started me on my path to MOBA hate as he and all the other jackasses would come into the computer lab where i worked to play DOTA and be complete assholes to everyone else.

he also thought it was hilarious to meow at people. it's been over a decade and i still remember how much i hate that guy

I remember the stinky computer lab dota people

• Locked thread