Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Norns posted:

Is stash space the only thing that's locked behind real cash?

that and completing a cosmic prestige within any appreciable period of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Norns posted:

Is stash space the only thing that's locked behind real cash?

In the most absolute sense, yes.

Now how often do you get a iBoost, Costume you want, and pets? Not very.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

drat Dirty Ape posted:

The hero specific stashes allow you to put 'any hero' uniques in them (and all starktech cubes) so it's easy to get full use out of one.

They let you store Urus as well if that's your jam.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Loki's is getting a ton of use doing that.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Drythe posted:

Loki's is getting a ton of use doing that.

It's the most playtime anyone has ever given him

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Any hero stashes can hold unbound rings as well, as well as artifacts that have been bound to that character. Less useful, but handy sometimes.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I use Cable to store urus, Black Panther to store Magneto/Hood medallions, and Herman Torchlinger to store rings. Thanks, garbage heroes, ~keep being u~

efb

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Oh yeah. Quicksilver Team-Up is on TC right now. I don't have stats for him. Maybe I'll remember later...

Unique changes for IM, MF, MK, and Nova are in, too.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
They can hold the appropriate insignias as well. Nova is my avengers insignia mule

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Diving back into this after like a year and a half because I hear it's good now. Who are some good ranged combat options that aren't too mutant-hotbar-button-twitchy? Thinking about Gambit. Is pure ranged Gambit viable?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Magneto

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cyclops.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Congrats lizardman :gaz:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

:gaz:

Musluk
May 23, 2011

ComposerGuy posted:

Diving back into this after like a year and a half because I hear it's good now. Who are some good ranged combat options that aren't too mutant-hotbar-button-twitchy? Thinking about Gambit. Is pure ranged Gambit viable?

In the strictest sense of viable, nah. You can fart on your keyboard and get to 60 but Gambo is a physical/energy melee/ranged hybrid, and there are quite a few items that allow you to take advantage of the hybrid status.

Magneto, Cyclops, to an extent Ghost Rider can be pretty much 1-2 button wonders to 60, if you want that. They're all good at 60 too.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Magneto has better voice acting than cyclops

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I mean, I'm fine with a little button diversity, just not insane. Looked at Dr. Strange and seems like you need two hotbars to make him feasible. Just want to avoid something that drastic.

Might look into Ghost Rider.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

malhavok posted:

For the new guy who found a random char box in his inventory, BOGO sales are like one week retroactive. Chars do not drop in game you dorks.

Ah that explains what happened. That's pretty drat cool of them.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Thanks everyone! :gaz:

I almost vomited when they called my name last night, it was kind of crazy haha.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Nodoze posted:

Congrats lizardman :gaz:

Now he too can wait for Spider-Man to be any good because gently caress he sucks even though spraying symbiote webs everywhere is rad.

Also the real best costume from the pack is beard hulk.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

ComposerGuy posted:

Decimation Scarlet Witch is 1 hotbar and hilariously strong right now

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

"Yellow" is currently playing on the radio. Someone must have Cosmic'd... :gaz:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kheldarn posted:

Oh yeah. Quicksilver Team-Up is on TC right now. I don't have stats for him. Maybe I'll remember later...

Probably safe to assume projectile deflection isn't in there.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Probably safe to assume projectile deflection isn't in there.

:cawg:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

:rip:

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Kheldarn posted:

Unique changes for IM, MF, MK, and Nova are in, too.

Didn't see any unique changes for MF, MK, or Nova. Forgot to check IM.

EDIT: looks like some of IMs uniques changed compared to what is shown on marvelheroes.info

Midnightghoul posted:

Unless I got livetuned, those IM changes were already in game, so I don't think any unique changes are in yet.

nvm

TC going down shortly for an update, prob adding the other unique changes

ransome fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 6, 2015

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

:gaz:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Test Center looking real nice. Lots to see for sure.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh snap and for the question about Ranged Energy Gumbo and endgame viability.

Kavic, who is one of the few excellent and exclusive Gambit players, raids Axis with a pure energy build. He has a dynamic Gumbo and crushes poo poo.

He will tell you that he can perform at a high level but you basically can rarely use the sig. This is tough for many players because it is so high damage and cool looking, but an expert player should only use it when the time is right. You also HAVE to invulnerable the core.

His build is in my endgame build for Gambit on Page 6. I also have Frostacus' hybrid build. Both are 30-39s TTK and that's without the new legendaries. Both can probably break 25-29s now.

I wouldn't sleep on Gumbo if it like him.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
where da dad uniques at

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Dosvidanya posted:

where da dad uniques at

Didn't see any changes when I was just on, but they just said TC is going down in 10 minutes, prob to add the rest of the unique changes.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

When the Dad uniques drop, can I please get a status update on my good friend MrWhale? I just want to make sure he doesn't faint.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Did ICR bring back the yellowman list of shame? Kelp needs to put that poo poo in the OP as a warning to a new players.

Also, I have five reds who are all going yellow next cosmic week, and may have more if gaz continues to drag out this event drought.

Oh god, I need more boosts.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Erdricks posted:

Did ICR bring back the yellowman list of shame? Kelp needs to put that poo poo in the OP as a warning to a new players.

Also, I have five reds who are all going yellow next cosmic week, and may have more if gaz continues to drag out this event drought.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716799&userid=145352#post444695144

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Erdricks posted:

Page 6 my friend. To the top. I eagerly await your blood sacrifice for next cosmic week. I'll be on a rampage next event since its been FOREVER.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!
iBoost code Mr. Gaz promised us last night:

GiftTroll

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Unless I got livetuned, those IM changes were already in game, so I don't think any unique changes are in yet.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Not gonna cosmic until Doom is out. Loots and toots is how I doots

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah it looks like test is updating again, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Midnightghoul posted:

They went in last patch.

• Locked thread