Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

paperchaseguy posted:

Christina
Tarzan
Kat
Leif
Bumpuzzled Jay
Colton
Bill

Fucks sake that season sucked

This thread using the term "KKKolton" provided me more enteratinment than the actual season of One World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ten Wasted Dollars posted:

Predictions for tonight's boot?

I'm thinking that Mike will definitely live to fight another day, either through a challenge win or a HII play/bluff. Will is sitting pretty in the final 3 unless Mike can round up Dan and Sierra and take the game back from the Rodney 4.

I can see Sierra getting booted tonight. So far her strategy has been to go wherever the numbers go and take out anybody that might be able to beat her in the FTC. I think that her lack of pro-activeness is going to bite her in the butt this week because (based on her aforementioned strategy) she's not going to side with Mike, the person that she has a poorest chance of winning against. This also makes her a safe target for the Rodney 4 to dump their votes on without fear of an idol play. I would be surprised if Mike played his idol for anybody but himself. If he does, Tyler is out.

Logic tells me that Dan would be dumb to vote for Sierra and not see he was introuble then at which point he'd force the issue with a tie and who knows what happens? But Dan's dumb so I don't know if he'd do that. Or if he'd clue in Rodney's four fed him an obvious lie.

My intsincts tell me Rodney tells Dan and Sierra they're voting out Tyler and then Rodney, Tyler, Carolyn, and Will vote out Dan. That FEELS wrong to me because of Dan's advantage but the narrative can't necessarily make up for a Survivor being an idiot and wasting an advantage. So while my sense of narrative flow tells me Dan will wise up my brain tells me he's going to get blindsided tonight.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
The problem is that Dan is dumb. No act is too stupid for Dan to do.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
Tyler or Dan tonight.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I'm hedging my bets and going Dan/Tyler as well. Although Tyler DOES have a chance at winning immunity, so that makes it more Dan-Heavy.

Oh yeah and Sierra really sucks, so there's that.

So I just changed my mind in the last 5 seconds. I put it 50/50 on Dan/Sierra.

*edit* Plus Caroline has an idol and that gives Tyler a slightly higher chance of survival, so yeah Dan/Sierra

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Future season casting: I've been trying to stay out of the loop on the potential returnees, but apparently Greg Buis has been cut and the field of returnees, down to 32, still includes people like Jim Rice. So, basically, gently caress this show

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 6, 2015

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

xbilkis posted:

Future season casting: I've been trying to stay out of the loop on the potential returnees, but apparently Greg Buis has been cut and the field of returnees, down to 32, still includes people like Jim Rice. So, basically, gently caress this show

I guarantee you Greg himself was the one who eventually declined. They've been trying to get back him on for a long time and he has been turning them down

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Slate - This is the least likeable cast in Survivor history

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I can't hate them as much as One World until they prove themselves incapable of trying to better their position in the game. It takes a lot of loathsome behavior to ruin a season.

Ten Wasted Dollars
Oct 24, 2010

Thailand was worse.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

xbilkis posted:

The brief moment of time where it looked like Natalie Bolton was a candidate for returnee was the happiest of my life :smith:

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Fiji had Rocky, Lisi, Alex and Dreamz. This season has Dan, Rodney, Will, Shirin, Joaquin and Max.

Slate might have a point.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Don't forget Vince!

It was a very forgettable pre-merge crew, which I thought boded well. It did not. Go Mike.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

paperchaseguy posted:

Fiji had Rocky, Lisi, Alex and Dreamz. This season has Dan, Rodney, Will, Shirin, Joaquin and Max.

Slate might have a point.

Agreed. Rocky was an amusing meathead. Lisi gave us Tighty Whities. Alex had the best reaction GIF of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-S7h9YeKIc

Fiji was nowhere near bottom of the barrel.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

This article's terrible, this season has been awesome

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

That article's link for Rodney's sexist rant goes to a 2007 article about a Rodney on the UK version of I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.

Slate is the best.

e:

archive if they fix it posted:

Rodney’s early-season sexist tirade (about holding women to higher standards of behavior than men)

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 7, 2015

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The Previously focusing on Rodney is good news~

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Previously on...

Survivor!

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Here we go, boys

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I hope Dan flips and this isn't an hour long misdirection.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I hope Dan flips and this isn't an hour long misdirection.

It's a season long misdirection, to make you think the blue collars might actually turn on each other. But they never do.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I wouldn't mind dumb loyalists if they were comically policed like Rob's tribe of idiots.
"Don't share their rice!"

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Dear Survivor gods if you exist please dont let Rodney go on a reward.

The hubris is real.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

So Mike is winning reward and not taking Rodney, right?

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Haha Rodney isn't going on the reward

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DurosKlav posted:

Dear Survivor gods if you exist please dont let Rodney go on a reward.

I'm not empty quoting this post. Nope, not at all.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

:lol: Will

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Hang out with a bunch of grateful children loaded up with barbecue sauce. This is no reward.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Rodney the challenge beast

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hahahaha

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:laffo:

Nice job Rodney!

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?
Rod and his hero involved in a bunch of ball chat this week.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

YESSSSSS keep this up.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Has Mike worn those ridiculous Texas shorts all season?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Dan is surprisingly not sucking.

edit - But he still loses. And so does Rodney. How delicious.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

Has Mike worn those ridiculous Texas shorts all season?

Yes

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

:laffo: Rodney is never getting reward.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Please dont give up the reward. PLEASE

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

:qq: Rodney you baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Not gonna plead my case but IT MA BIRBDAYYYYYY

• Locked thread