Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
They should have had Franklin spend his first 5 minutes on screen giving a Bill Cosby style talk about how disappointed he is in black people, then years from now we could still be hearing about how so and so isn't racist because he loved playing Franklin in GTA V since he was one of the good ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

They should have had Franklin spend his first 5 minutes on screen giving a Bill Cosby style talk about how disappointed he is in black people, then years from now we could still be hearing about how so and so isn't racist because he loved playing Franklin in GTA V since he was one of the good ones
"I love black people! I just hate --"

*entire audience looks stage right for Bowser's big entrance*

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Broseph Brostar posted:

Lol there's a thread on Stormfront titled, let's stop calling ourselves "The PC Master Race"

Please post the OP, I can't even begin to imagine what this is actually talking about.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I wish I wasn't joking about the complaints about the Fov mod actually being the 'make that dude white' mod.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

RoanHorse posted:

I wish I wasn't joking about the complaints about the Fov mod actually being the 'make that dude white' mod.

wait are you saying people want the fov mod to change franklins skin colour? what the gently caress? franklin and lamar are the best characters

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RoanHorse posted:

I don't quite understand. Are people lying and saying the FOV mod isn't that, but something else? Cause if that's the case then all of these players deserve to be banned.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
obama is your loving president i thought racism was over now?!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VideoGames posted:

wait are you saying people want the fov mod to change franklins skin colour? what the gently caress? franklin and lamar are the best characters

There was a lot of racist backlash when it was revealed that you will be playing as three different characters and one of them was black. Basically another example of how gamer culture is god awful.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

RoanHorse posted:

:wtf: Franklin is why GTA V is so great.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Please post the OP, I can't even begin to imagine what this is actually talking about.

They probably want to change the PC, so as not to be confused with the dreaded political correctness, the endboss of anti-game.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
No N'Wahs allowed.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

I said come in! posted:

quote:

Of all forms of the mass media, the video games industry still remains one of the least corrupted up till now by the cultural Marxism that maintains such a stranglehold over the Western World. Unfortunately the left is beginning to make inroads into the industry, to inject its bias to corrupt and conform it to its insidious anti-White agenda like it's done so many times beforehand. The author insists that he isn't pleading for political correctness, but he's in fact doing exactly that.

I knew that it wouldn't be very long before some Jew or one of their useful idiots would initiate whining about the term "Master Race" that PC owners sometimes use to describe the superior resolution, framerate and graphics that PC games often feature over their console counterparts thanks to the far more advanced specs of gaming PCs compared to the current-gen consoles.

I can't wait for GamerGate 2: Eleteic Jewgaloo

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

the way lemar sings the en word while brutally owning franklin is like my favorite part of GTAV

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

A Spider Covets posted:

the way lemar sings the en word while brutally owning franklin is like my favorite part of GTAV

https://youtu.be/ntQrrW9t6a8

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

that post is basically any time that someone wrote game words over the Downfall Hitler freakout

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lLDpncL9Xo

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

lmfao

hes the best character

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7JU0BoX0nQ

these three are awesome

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i love how much they all look like their characters, the first time i saw a pic i immediately knew who each one was

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

A Spider Covets posted:

i love how much they all look like their characters, the first time i saw a pic i immediately knew who each one was

apparently franklin (shawn foteno) is a cousin to CJ's voice actor in real life. that is seriously cool

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

1080p nipple textures

whata time to be alive.....

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bicyclops posted:

I want to meet the guy in the Rockstar offices who has to come up with all of the racist slur words for banning. Sitting in his chair, trying to recall them all.

"Jerry" is banned, haha. What if it's your name?!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

How the gently caress am I supposed to start my Seinfeld in GTA5 team now?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I said come in! posted:

There was a lot of racist backlash when it was revealed that you will be playing as three different characters and one of them was black. Basically another example of how gamer culture is god awful.

The funny thing is, there wasn't exactly any loving backlash when San Andreas had only one protagonist who was black and almost the entire supporting cast was also black. Gamers have actively regressed as a subculture.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
LOL WoW had over 3 mil subs disappear in 3 mths .

I guess they will double down on Hearthstone eh.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

LORD OF BUTT posted:

The funny thing is, there wasn't exactly any loving backlash when San Andreas had only one protagonist who was black and almost the entire supporting cast was also black. Gamers have actively regressed as a subculture.

What are you talking about? There was an assload of backlash about it, that's why there are so many white CJ mods. You probably didn't hear about it because it was drowned out by all the :tviv: over SA being the greatest game ever.

That's just as silly as saying that there are more garbage games today than in the past. Gamers have always and will always be poo poo.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah people were absolutely racist as gently caress about GTA:SA

The mods were the extension of a bunch of people talking about how they "couldn't relate" to a black protagonist, while apparently having no problems relating to a career criminal or in the case of other videogames assassins, elves, Martians, cyborgs, and wizards

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

well tbf im sure those people have a lot in common with wizards

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Heh. That's pretty good

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I think Race the Sun is the first roguelike that I actually enjoy

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Bicyclops posted:

First they came for asslicker, and I did not saying, because I spell that with a 1 and a 3. Then they came for poofter, and I did not speak up, because I am not a character in a Monty Python sketch. Then they came for Nintendo, and there was nobody left to speak up for me, because my Amiibos were banned.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

theultimo posted:

LOL WoW had over 3 mil subs disappear in 3 mths .

I guess they will double down on Hearthstone eh.

actually no theyre just gonna raise the sub price for WoW instead lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Realtalk is there something bad about Draenor that people dislike to that degree, or what

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

They lost the spike of old players that returned for the expansion, everybody knew they weren't going to stick around. I wouldn't say WoW is legitimately on the decline until they have another failure of an expansion like Cataclysm.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
are they seriously surprised that 3 million people came back for the expansion and said "on second thought, i'm good"? the game is like 100 years old in video game years

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Broseph Brostar posted:

They lost the spike of old players that returned for the expansion, everybody knew they weren't going to stick around. I wouldn't say WoW is legitimately on the decline until they have another failure of an expansion like Cataclysm.

Oh this is close. No dailies, Garrison made it Farmville, and Raid Tears are poo poo. Garrison made it so no one is playing in the world, just in their little bubble. No new significant content since release as well.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Pandaria still kind of seems like an april fools joke that someone said "lets go all the way and make it real"

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I think we can all relate to this.

edit: I meant this video https://youtu.be/WhzxtyQPj-g

RoanHorse fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 6, 2015

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Huh, I guess I must have just not heard about the SA backlash since I was literally ten. Or maybe I did and forgot about it v:v:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Huh, I guess I must have just not heard about the SA backlash since I was literally ten. Or maybe I did and forgot about it v:v:v

Maybe you just need some Hot Coffee.

• Locked thread