Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
You can do the real fight, I was just giving the people what they want: More LNTAC destroying poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Clearly the fix was in. OFFICIAL FIGHTS ONLY PLEASE.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Ramc posted:

Clearly the fix was in. OFFICIAL FIGHTS ONLY PLEASE.

I'll get right on that, and I mean it this time. I just bought a new fully-loaded personal computer PC rig and I've been moving all of my old stuff onto it this past month, so it's almost just about ready to go. Really.

In the meantime, is anyone up for a quick 16 fighter one-on-one test tournament? Three out of the next five votes decides it. Partly because I need to see if anyone is still following Arena Challenge, and partly because there was some demand for a one-on-one tournament, and partly also for some reason that I forget but will probably come back to me soon. :sadwave:

Post yer votes ITT.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
The blood must ever flow. :black101:

(That's a yes. Yes to the tournament.)

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
Yes to all the tournaments. No to no tournaments. If there is no tournament, someone had best get working on one.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Aye! And since this is the third vote, dibs on the first slot.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Ablative posted:

Yes to all the tournaments. No to no tournaments.

Basically this. I must apply certain lessons I learned to my next fighter.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.
Yes. The Arena's actually been cleaned of blood. We need more gladiators to get it bloody again.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

That's a yes.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Why would someone be following the thread to vote "no, don't continue this"?

I'm in.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Hell, yes :black101:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
GO GO GO!

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Life just hasn't been the same since the blood stopped flowing here.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Go for it!

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

RIP AND TEAR

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I'm in. I'll run fights again if needed.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug

ZeeToo posted:

Now that I know arena participants are not smart enough to grab 'n' stab, I desperately want another arena fight to make a dude for

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
You should definitely run another quick tournament so I can make another arena guy to get murdered.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
I've literally never deleted a bookmark from my favorites.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.
How is this even a question? YES

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Do it to it!

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
I'd be in for it if I can get a password reset.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Heck yeah.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Platinum Gauntlet, nothing else, lets go.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Don't listen to all these chumps: bury it, delete the thread, pretend it never happened.

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

I delete bookmarks all the time, but not this one!

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!
Yes! It lives!

Let's kill some wee beasties!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I am glad this is not dead!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Blooooooood.

Yessss.

Welcome back, Jazz.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I'm ready for a new season.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

ZeeToo posted:

I'm in.

Aesclepia posted:

How is this even a question? YES

Well, the question was really more to get an idea of how many people were interested, rather than whether anyone was interested. It looks like there's probably enough interest that we'll go with 32 fighters in a quick single-elimination tournament.

Since these will be one-on-one matches rather than team matches, any lessons you may have learned in the previous couple of tournaments might not necessarily apply! Big fighters will probably have an advantage again, although it won't be nearly as much of an advantage as they had in the DF2010 version.

I have to get a few things ready on the site first, but we'll probably be ready to go by the weekend.

Is anyone other than Spermy Smurf up for commissioning this time around?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
If you asked this yesterday, I'd volunteer, but alas, now I'm committed to sending a bunch of WW1 pixelmans to their doom in another thread.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Is anyone other than Spermy Smurf up for commissioning this time around?

I'm on a really loathesome deadline, so this weekend is a clusterfuck, but once it's out of the way some time next week, I could help a bit. That might be too late for you, though.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Actually, it looks like everything is now ready to go on my end, so I'll probably start the sign-up period on the site in a couple of hours, around 1 AM GMT / 9 PM EDT / 8 PM CDT / 7 PM MDT / 6 PM PDT / whatever that translates to in the other time zones.

LorrdErnie posted:

I'd be in for it if I can get a password reset.

Check your e-mail.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

my dad posted:

If you asked this yesterday, I'd volunteer, but alas, now I'm committed to sending a bunch of WW1 pixelmans to their doom in another thread.

On mobile... what thread?

I finished Earthsiege, was gonna start Lords of the Realm 2 in a little bit. Guess it gets postponed for ArenaMurderDwarfChallenge.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Actually, it looks like everything is now ready to go on my end, so I'll probably start the sign-up period on the site in a couple of hours, around 1 AM GMT / 9 PM EDT / 8 PM CDT / 7 PM MDT / 6 PM PDT / whatever that translates to in the other time zones.

:f5:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
I've created a third league on the site, and this mini-tournament will take place in that league, so that I can more easily have a separate set of rules for one-on-one tournaments vs. team tournaments.

The league is called "Individual Test League" on the rules pages. Skill costs are similar to the previous tournament, but weapons are significantly more expensive, so a weapon-and-shield approach is much more viable than it had been in the past when compared to dual-wielding.

Smaller fighters get a greater multiple of starting and advancing points than larger fighters in this one-on-one tournament when compared to the previous team tournament, since they have no teammates to back them up this time.

Some changes have been made to the raws, which I may have gone over earlier. The following lists all of the changes when compared to the standard DF raws out-of-the-box:

pre:
Weapons

Whip contact area increased to 35, velocity reduced to 3000.
Picks use misc obj skill.
Axe and great axe strike velocity increased from 1250 to 1500.
Reduced penetration depth of pick from 4000 to 3000, reduced velocity from 2000 to 1500.
Increased size (volume and mass) of maul from 1300 to 1500.
Contact area of axe hacking strike reduced from 40000 to 2000, slap reduced from 40000 to 10000, pommel strike from 100 to 80.
Contact area of short sword slash strike reduced from 20000 to 3500, slap reduced from 20000 to 5000, pommel strike from 100 to 80.
Spear shaft bash contact area reduced from 10000 to 2000.
Crossbow bash contact area reduced from 10000 to 350 (imagine using the solid butt instead of the entire unwieldy bow, makes sense).
Bow bash contact area reduced from 10000 to 600, velocity increased from 1250 to 1500.
Pike shaft bash contact area reduced from 10000 to 2500, stab contact area increased from 20 to 25, size increased from 800 to 900.
Halberd slashing strike contact area reduced from 20000 to 3500, shaft bash contact area reduced from 20000 to 5000.
Two-handed sword slash contact area reduced from 100000 (jeez) to 7000, slap contact area reduced from 100000 to 10000, pommel strike
contact reduced from 100 to 90.
Long sword slashing contact area reduced from 60000 to 5000, slap contact from 60000 to 7500, pommel strike contact from 100 to 80.
Great axe hacking contact area reduced from 60000 to 4000, slap contact from 60000 to 8000, pommel strike contact from 100 to 90.
Large dagger slashing contact area reduced from 1000 to 800, stabbing contact area increased from 5 to 8, stabbing penetration increased from 1000 to 1200.
Scourge contact area increased from 10 to 50, penetration increased from 50 to 100, size decreased from 300 to 200.
War hammer contact area increased from 10 to 15.
Mace contact area increased from 20 to 25.
Bolt contact area increased from 2 to 4, penetration increased from 2000 to 2500.
Arrow contact area increased from 2 to 5, penetration increased from 2000 to 2500, size increased from 150 to 175.

Armor

Leather gloves now cover lower arms as well as hands.
Body mail reduced to 95% coverage to prevent deadlocks.  Breast plates, body leather armor, and most other armor still at 100%.
Caps increased from 50% to 75% coverage.
Helms reduced to 98% coverage.
Buckler blockchance increased from 10 to 12.  Shield remains at 20.

Creatures

Removed [NATURAL_SKILL] tags from gremlins, stranglers, and minotaurs.
Removed [SLOW_LEARNER] tags from werewolves and trolls.
Removed [ARENA_RESTRICTED] tag from molemarians.
Added [CAN_LEARN] tags to molemarians, stranglers, and yetis.
Gremlins receive agility++, toughness+, endurance+
Dark gnomes receive agility+, strength+
Stranglers get strength+++ (MASSIVE boost)
Serpent men given strength++, toughness++, endurance++, agility-
Soldier ant women get strength++, endurance++
Molemarians now have agility-, endurance+, recuperation+, and toughness++ (still have no nerves as well).
Tigermen at strength+, toughness+, agility-
Werewolves changed to agility+, strength-, endurance++, recuperation++
Minotaurs now strength++, agility-.  Their ridiculous previous stats have otherwise been dialed back to average.
Trolls at strength+, toughness++, recuperation+, endurance-, agility--
Yetis set at agility--, endurance--, strength+
Dwarves given endurance+ in addition to previous stats.
Elves given toughness- in addition to previous stats.
Kobolds get to keep their already incredible stats, size increased from 20 to 25!
Goblins keep their good stats.
Humans keep their neutral stats.
Gremlin size increased from 10 to 12.
Dark gnome size increased from 15 to 18.
Werewolves reduced in size from 120 to 110.
Tigermen increased in size from 120 to 130.
Minotaurs shrunk from 220 to 200.
Trolls shrunk from 250 to 230.
Yetis shrunk from 300 to 270.
Added [ARENA_RESTRICTED] tags to giant damselflies and damselfly men, as these creatures interfered with the creation of elves via macro.

Tissue

Bone pain receptors reduced from 50 to 15.
Bone vascular increased from 3 to 5.
Muscle pain receptors increased from 5 to 6.
Skin pain receptors increased from 5 to 6.
Lung pain receptors increased from 5 to 8.
Heart pain receptors increased from 5 to 8.
Liver, gut, stomach, pancreas, spleen, kidney pain receptors increased from 5 to 8.
Gut and stomach vascular increased from 3 to 5.
Eye pain receptors increased from 5 to 10, mostly to abstract an impact on battle-readiness due to partial blinding.
Chitin thickness increased from 1 to 2 (boost for ant women).
Scale thickness increased from 1 to 2 (boost for serpent men).
---

:siren: :siren: :siren:
And with that, registration is now open! Remember, you must create a new fighter if you haven't already, then have that fighter apply to join the tournament from the "Manage Fighter" page.
http://arenachallenge.com

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 7, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Done. Buying skills and gear isnt available til the tourney is kicked off right?

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

SynthOrange posted:

Done. Buying skills and gear isnt available til the tourney is kicked off right?

Correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Yesssssss. :getin:

• Locked thread