Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Had an early-morning gently caress fest with my fiancee before work, then at work I got free lunch and got to interview someone (a skill I've been hoping to start developing). Then I had a great workout and afterwords my fiancee told me that I "hug like a man" :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Today I got to look at a video of cute animal babies at work and actually have it be tangentially related to my job, for once.

Look at these adorable little fuckers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdSq0aa29ck

The adults are mean as hell though.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
Just packed my bags for Passport! It's a two-day wine festival with 50 wineries, unlimited tastings and gourmet food, with different themes, prizes, games, and general merriment. We go every year with my girlfriend and her husband and stay at his parents' or grandparents' large winery. We look forward to it every year and we're leaving tomorrow! Can't wait! :)

Also, my car fell apart on me (literally, a part fell off my car) on Monday, but it's a super easy and cheap fix, and I've been driving my boyfriend's racecar to work all week. It was hard to get used to at first, but I've had a lot of fun. He said he could make my car handle like his (same body type, similar year and model) for pretty cheap. Vroom vroom!

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
Got my first paycheck from my new job and I'm making 150% of what I was before. :woop:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

The weather has finally broken and every day is now biek day. Huzzah for Zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I managed to put my contacts in on the first try.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Free donuts at work today. Plus I got a shitton of hours next week.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I got my full hours the last two weeks :toot: Paycheck after this next one is going to be (comparatively) nice and fat.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Went to the zoo for the first time since I was a kid. Awesome by itself, but supplemented by other aspects:

- got there early enough to do everything we wanted to do, while simultaneously avoiding the closing time rush
- went to the park, date-wise, after its too cold and all the animals stay inside and before it gets so hot that the animals lay around and do nothing
- packed enough food to be comfortable the entire time, avoiding expensive in-the-park meals
- my 'bring a big water bottle filled with ice so we could refill our personal water bottles with ice cold water as it melts' idea worked perfectly

Tldr: went to the zoo, and my penchant for spergy planning went perfectly for me and my partner.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
After almost a year and a half of being unemployed, I finally, finally found a job. The guy called me today and said he was sending me an offer letter first thing in the morning. The salary is a little less than what I wanted but the benefits are great and the company is awesome.

I'm still holding my breath because it's not technically official but I can't help but get a little excited.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I got a job offer after thinking I had blown the interview (got too nervous and flubbed a really easy coding exercise :negative:).

100% remote work so I can move to a new city as soon as I get my house sold. Everything's coming up Milhouse.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
So in the past few days, I officially graduated from college, and was offered the really great job I was hoping to get. It's part-time, but I have another job so I'll be making some money. Plus now I can eventually quit my current job I'm starting to hate. And I'm going to see Age of Adaline and get Five Guys in a bit.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Cheers to all you new job-havers and school-graduaters! :yotj:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Just got my grades in, and I completely destroyed my first semester at grad school. In the easier of my classes, I ended with 115% of the total available points. In the other, which is supposed to be the hardest class in the program, I got a perfect score on the final exam and finished with only 5 points of 200 missed for the entire class. Impostor syndrome obliterated, at least until next Fall. :toot:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Just got my grades for Spring semester and I did pretty well. Hopefully, I'll be holding my Bachelors by this next year.

Also, it was my little cousin's First Communion today. While I'm not particularly religious, he chose me to be his Godfather for this, and I'm quite honored. :3:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Today, after deciding to get my rear end off the couch and get in shape about a month ago, I finally managed to run a ten-minute mile. Not bad for someone who got winded going up two flights of stairs not thirty days ago.

Maybe it's the endorphins talking, but: feels good, man.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Found out that I actually overpaid my dentist by about 2 grand last month because they never properly updated the billing department. I just got a whole bunch of money back that I thought was gone.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I just passed my licensing test to become a loan originator. This license will basically double my income.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

:10bux: an hour raise

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Found a really cool library.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Just learned there's going to be new Aqua Teen episodes starting June 21st :woop:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Finally managed to leave an 11-month abusive roommate situation by temporarily moving back home. I've cut them out of my life, lined up a new job for myself, and never have to speak with or hear from them again.

I feel like I've won the lottery and a world championship of some sort at the same time.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

death .cab for qt posted:

Finally managed to leave an 11-month abusive roommate situation by temporarily moving back home. I've cut them out of my life, lined up a new job for myself, and never have to speak with or hear from them again.

I feel like I've won the lottery and a world championship of some sort at the same time.

Being rid of terrible roommates is tits.

I got an A on my assignment for my summer class.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Almost a month after quitting my job and moving halfway across the country with my fiancee, I not only nailed an interview on short (<24 h) notice, but I signed a contract for some part-time editing work :toot: Money here I come!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Had a great time with the family tonight, and tentative plans are being (possibly) set in motion for a mass trip to Puerto Rico or Belize next summer.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

The ARC of my first book came in the mail today along with a bottle of cabernet sauvignon. :woop:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

An LTE tower was lit up in my city, which means no more slow internet when I'm out.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
My day was awesome because I found an expensive book that I was afraid I had lost when I moved.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'm starting to understand physics. Now I just need a LOT more practice.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
I put a deposit down on a very rare older car that is in great condition, and the stock parts that make it so rare are still on it and work just fine. It needs a little cosmetic work and a transmission swap, but I'm really excited about it!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

C-Euro posted:

Almost a month after quitting my job and moving halfway across the country with my fiancee, I not only nailed an interview on short (<24 h) notice, but I signed a contract for some part-time editing work :toot: Money here I come!

Self-quoting to say I got offered this job today :buddy: I told them I'd have to sit on it for a night but I'm almost certainly taking it. Regularly-flowing money here I come!

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

I got this at lunch:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Got back from Dodger Stadium a few hours ago. I don't care much for baseball, but it's always nice to hang out with friends and getting to do poo poo with them. I also got to see my roommate pout over the Rangers losing.

1-0 Doyers, on a technical win. The Best Kind of Win. :boom:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
In my trying to make myself less afraid of at least low-level thrill rides, today I went on a swinging ship ride and one of those lay-down spinning rides at a local fair. Totally still afraid the entire time, but at least I'm learning that things I like more than others (hate negative Gs, totally okay with negative or side-Gs.)

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Today we had a potluck at work, so there was awesome food I didn't have to pay for. Came home and had a nap, woke up to veggie pizza. Now I'm getting ready to settle in with Netflix and a glass of wine.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
A few weeks ago, someone posted a very cool and amusing animated image in another thread. I commented that it was awesome, and someone needed to buy it as an avatar right away. Sometime later that day, I logged back in and found out that someone had bought it as an avatar - for me. I've been a member since 2009, and I have never had an avatar. Thanks to a kind goon, I now have arguably the best avatar I've ever seen. It's amazing how large an effect a small thing can have when you're having a rough time. I am still not used to having an avatar, and it catches me by surprise and makes me smile nearly every time I see it.

Another goon who saw a comment I made, and deduced from it that things were not gong well for me, sent me a private message offering to help. Overall, it's been a surprisingly uplifting couple of weeks for me on these forums.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

It's a terrible day to be a homophobic bigot in America, and I couldn't be happier. :D

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

queserasera posted:

It's a terrible day to be a homophobic bigot in America, and I couldn't be happier. :D

:woop: The best news to start the day with. Suck it, bigots.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

queserasera posted:

That's exactly what I woke up too as well!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

DicktheCat posted:

That's exactly what I woke up too as well!!!

And yesterday I found out before work that I can keep my affordable healthcare.

Now all I need is a grad school acceptance letter for the cherry on top.