Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The one thing I learned from hellsing ultimate is that yuri lowenthal is a god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OZC
Jan 28, 2008
Zac over at ANN just confirmed Viz isn't involved after all, so Warner is getting into anime directly it seems.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chances are Warner were the ones who funded the test dub, so they're probably paying out of their own pocket to hire a studio and distribute it themselves because they can handle copyrights should any occur.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008
Yeah, that makes sense. I'd assume they'd keep the cast from the test dub if they do go with a dub rather than sub-only since that seemed to test positively as I recall.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
More than likely, though I doubt they will keep Epcar as Joseph for Part 2, of course.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Might still be a chance of getting it on Toonami, since same parent companies and all. Even if the branches of Time Warner are basically holding guns at each other's heads.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Look at you fools, getting your hopes up.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

part 2 joseph will be jyb

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Every JoJo should be JYB.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

MrAristocrates posted:

Every JoJo should be Crispin Freeman.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

MrAristocrates posted:

Every JoJo should be JYB.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Bryce was born to voice Jotaro

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm gonna beat the poo poo out of Dio!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jolyne

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

jolyne will be laura bailey just doing her kaine voice

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

bryce is hermes and foo fighters

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Might still be a chance of getting it on Toonami, since same parent companies and all. Even if the branches of Time Warner are basically holding guns at each other's heads.

If there's anything I've learned from watching Warner axe pretty much all their superhero shows despite them owning both CN and DC, it's that corporations are unknowable entities whose branches share zero synergy.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

MrAristocrates posted:

Every JoJo should be Troy Baker.

I miss The Boss.

EDIT: Speaking of which, when are we getting that new Soul Eater series I've been wanting?

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 07:59 on May 7, 2015

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I forget who voiced Avdol in the test dub(apparently it was his first time) but that guy should get more jobs because his voice is pretty ridiculous.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chris Tergliafera and he has actually gained quite a presence in voice acting as of late.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
If anyone cares about the non-anime programming on AS, they just announced like 18 new shows they're doing, even if some are like *ugh* a new Robot Chicken special. Oh, and they relicensed Attack on Titan so I guess you better get ready for more of that in the dead hour.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

TwoPair posted:

If anyone cares about the non-anime programming on AS, they just announced like 18 new shows they're doing, even if some are like *ugh* a new Robot Chicken special. Oh, and they relicensed Attack on Titan so I guess you better get ready for more of that in the dead hour.

AV Club posted:

The one we’re most excited about, though, is Ballmastrz 9669, a crazy take on Rollerball from Superjail!’s Christy Karacas that takes place “inside giant battle arenas” where “teams of Ballmastrz” compete to win “The Game.”
:fap:

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

TwoPair posted:

Oh, and they relicensed Attack on Titan so I guess you better get ready for more of that in the dead hour.

whyyyyyyyyyy

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Argus Zant posted:

whyyyyyyyyyy

Gotta keep that spot ready for when the second season comes out...

...eventually.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I miss The Boss.

EDIT: Speaking of which, when are we getting that new Soul Eater series I've been wanting?
I mean Troy has been doing stuff for Warner Brothers animation lately so maybe?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jack and Triumph got renewed for a second season, which is surprising because the first season seemed too short to have been a full order.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhonne posted:

Gotta keep that spot ready for when the second season comes out...

...eventually.

It should be coming soon, to be honest.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Waffleman_ posted:

Jack and Triumph got renewed for a second season, which is surprising because the first season seemed too short to have been a full order.

Wooo, I liked this show. Glad to see more of it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

I liked it, the show had a very loose feel where it felt like they only actually scripted about half of the show and the dialog was mostly improvised.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

It should be coming soon, to be honest.

please no

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

So what's going on with Goonami this weekend ? Are we still watching a movie ?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yes! We're watching Kung Pow at 10:30. I'm still not entirely sure what I'm doing for dead hour, but I'm thinking the first episode of Gintama, which is an hourlong special.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

TwoPair posted:

AV Club posted:

The Venture Brothers—the last of which we’ll believe when we see it.

Too true.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I am actually legit scared about this maybe being the last season of ATHF ever. I know they've bluffed over that in the past, but it still kinda bothers me, what with the Boston episode being leaked earlier this year. I really hope nobody got mad enough to axe the whole show over that.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I am actually legit scared about this maybe being the last season of ATHF ever. I know they've bluffed over that in the past, but it still kinda bothers me, what with the Boston episode being leaked earlier this year. I really hope nobody got mad enough to axe the whole show over that.

I'm amazed it hasn't been put to bed yet.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008
So RightStuf listed the JoJo DVDs and it's listed a sub-only, so unless Warner plans to do like Sentai and dub it later, we can kiss a Toonami run goodbye.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We might need to wait a bit until it gets closer to release, but that is unfortunate.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Titan season 2 is apparently coming next year, but that's all we know.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh hey, last minute change of schedule for tomorrow because I totally forgot that this exists and we need to watch it.

Saint☆Young Men

Saint☆Young Men is a movie based on a manga about Jesus and Buddha being bros and hanging out in Japan. It's pretty funny and incredibly chill, though I've only read a bit of the manga. If you want to see Jesus mistaken for Johnny Depp or Buddha incredibly Zen on a log flume, we got you covered.

Get pumped, 10:30 PM Eastern

Dead hour programming has also changed to the two OVAs put out to promote the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh hey, last minute change of schedule for tomorrow because I totally forgot that this exists and we need to watch it.

Saint☆Young Men

Saint☆Young Men is a movie based on a manga about Jesus and Buddha being bros and hanging out in Japan. It's pretty funny and incredibly chill, though I've only read a bit of the manga. If you want to see Jesus mistaken for Johnny Depp or Buddha incredibly Zen on a log flume, we got you covered.

Get pumped, 10:30 PM Eastern

Dead hour programming has also changed to the two OVAs put out to promote the movie.

This is very good news.

• Locked thread