Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
That article has a pretty bad spoiler in it, you might want to remove that link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Yeah, thats not a good thing. Also sounds like a bad cashgrab tbh, adding in all the poo poo that would be in the ps3 game too if they hadnt crippled it with the removal of all world link functions.

There actually is a costume change button in the game but it doesnt work because you can't ever unlock it because they removed the optional superboss from the game.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:toot:
Is the plus version supposed to have all DLC?

Pollyanna posted:

What the gently caress are those costumes? Delta and Earthes look okay, though.

Is that a monocle I spy on Delta :monocle:? Too bad about Cassy and Ion's costumes though, but it should be possible to mix & match.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Omobono posted:

:toot:
Is the plus version supposed to have all DLC?

Yeah, all the PS3 DLC plus a bunch of new stuff. In fact, here's the official change list direct from Koei Tecmo's twitter (with the spoilers removed, of course)

quote:

Ar nosurge Plus Updates:

- New Costumes
• New costumes for the four main characters (Delta, Earthes, Casty, and Ion).
• Beat the game to unlock even more costumes for the above four characters.
• New “Purification” costumes for the additional characters.

- New “Purification” Partners
• Sarly and Nelo can be selected as conversation partners during Purification.

- DLC Addition
• Some DLC available from the previous version comes pre-loaded!

- Updates and Balancing
• Full featured tutorial.
• Synthesis Shop Events viewable from menu.

Developed by GUST and published by KOEI TECMO Europe in Europe and KOEI TECMO America in North America, Ar nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star, will be available for digital download on the PlayStation Vita on July 1, 2015 in Europe and July 2, 2015 in North America.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Yeah seriously though get rid of that loving link or I will lose all my poo poo.

And if you aren't already familiar with the game do NOT follow that link unless you like want the entire last Phase ruined for you.

I do by the way own a Vita so I'm pretty excited for this.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wonder if they're going to fix the translation.
(Hahahaha)

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I edited my post directly above that so people hopefully see that first before clicking.

Opiomorphone
Nov 30, 2014

Feinne posted:

Yeah seriously though get rid of that loving link or I will lose all my poo poo.

And if you aren't already familiar with the game do NOT follow that link unless you like want the entire last Phase ruined for you.

Wait so an article advertising the game decided to put a major spoiler in their article? Where is the logic in that? I know video game "journalism" is terrible, but this is a special kind of stupid.

"Buy this game it is great! I especially loved the ending where Delta sacrifices himself into the ship's engine, which causes the ship to instantaneously find the planet they were traveling to, which resolves all conflict somehow and Zill and Nelo learn the power of friendship and they all live happily ever after on some alien planet!! So go buy this game!"

I better not have accidentally ruined the game's ending.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I was hoping for Ciel Nosurge Offline too but I guess that'd involve translating a new game instead of just editing the current translation (assuming they'd do such a thing).

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Alright, looks like it’s time for more of the story. I think I promised we’d catch up with Delta and Cass this time. Well, we’re back a bit in time now, because this starts some time before Zill and Kanon’s meeting in the Tenryo Temple.

Cass! Sarly!
Nnngh… Delta?
Uu… Nyuroki… So much… Uuu… Aaah!
Are you both alright?
I seem to be fine.
Y-Yes. I’m fine too.
What is this place, though…?
What were we doing?

Things for all of them were a bit fuzzy after the giant army of Sharl captured them.

I think Zill did…something…and a bunch of Sharl appeared out of nowhere.
…There were Sharl wherever I was too. That’s all I remember.
How long has it been?
I…I don’t know.
I wonder if Felion is alright?
We need to move!

They got their first proper look at the Flask Sea as they tried to leave, and Delta was not happy with what he saw.

Apparently. But there are so many…
A-Are they dead?
No… They seem to be alive.
I’ll destroy all these drat flasks!
W-Wait Delta, calm down!
Calm down? CALM DOWN?! How could I calm down? There are kids in there!
Delta, stop it. We don’t want to cause too much commotion and get caught again.
You’re telling me I should just do nothing after seeing all this?
They’re being used for some kind of experiment!
I know how you feel, but you’re just going to need to wait.
Exactly. We have to save ourselves first. Then we can save them.
Right now we need to get back to Felion.
…Dammit!
If we were captured like these people, though, how did we…

That mystery would have to wait, though. They rushed back to Felion, where things were definitely not as they’d left them.

It’s not open anywhere, but it’s a total wreck…
What’s going on… Is the city okay?
As long as the Barrier hasn’t been breached, they should be fine.
There’s nobody outside, though. There used to be a lot of people living here…
Could…could they have been taken to the Flask Sea?
Don’t say that!
S-Sorry.
Um, my PLASMA ID was…
Announcement: XeEX[etr] ;
Huh…?
What’s wrong?
My ID isn’t working.
You’ve gotta be kidding. Let me try.
Announcement: EX[etrbl] ;
There, it opened.
…How strange.

When they returned to PLASMA headquarters, they got a rather surprised reception.

Video- “Two Years’ Time”

Watch

Is something wrong? You look worried.
PLASMA Troop A: Hey! This is urgent! Rianot’s back! They’re all back!
Wh-What? Why’s that urgent?!

It turned out they’d been gone for a bit longer than they’d expected.

Uh…thank you…?
I know two years is a long time to be apart, but I’m relieved to see you look just as you did.
WHAT?! Two years?!
Ah…well, now we know why they were so excited to see us.
Your Majesty, it seems we were put into some kind of stasis by the Church.
Would you mind telling us what’s happened to Felion in the last two years?
Please, allow me.
Immediately following your liberation of Quanturv two years ago, an enormous Sharl army advanced on the city.
We managed to defend the Barrier, but in the process the city was heavily damaged. Recovery has been difficult.
Have the attacks continued?
In a sense. Their attention seems to have shifted.
Most attacks avoid the Barrier, instead focusing on people living outside of it.
They also open Cold Sleep Pods to kidnap the humans within.
Hm…
Is there a reason they don’t try and attack Felion?
Barrier security has been significantly tightened.

Things had gotten rather desperate in the two years they were trapped.

Ah. That explains why my ID didn’t work.
It isn’t a perfect solution, but we don’t even know how long the Barrier will hold.
You can’t counterattack?
We have some countermeasures, but the risk is too great. The Prime Minister won’t allow us to use them.
What are they?!
Forget them. The chance of success is far too low.
What if we use the CIEL_N_PROTECTA we retrieved to push back the Sharl?
What do you mean?
This song allows us to control the Guardians. We can turn them loose on the Sharl.
Then again… Against that many Sharl, it might not do us much good.
No, it may prove useful. It is at least worth testing. We shall leave preparation of the song to you.
Of course. Cass and I will get ready. Cass, I’m counting on you.
Got it.
…Um, what about me?
A good soldier knows when to rest.
…Right. Okay.
That is all. Prime Minister, the rest is in your hands.
Understood. PLASMA Engineer Corps and 2nd Genomis Corps, prepare to support CIEL_N_PROTECTA.

Since he wasn’t really needed there, Delta took Nay’s advice and returned home.

She’d somehow beaten him back, no mean feat when you factor in the costume change.

Oh, Delta! Welcome home!
Wh-What are you doing? This isn’t your house. What do you mean “welcome home”?
Why are you complaining?! Life’s too short to turn down a golden opportunity like this…
W-Wha…?
A man and woman of age, alone together in the same house… I’d call that an opportunity.
Whoa whoa whoa… You took over my restaurant!
I know, wasn’t it great?! A cute girl suddenly barging in on a single man with a dead-end future!
Do you know how many dreaming men in the world would dream to be put in a dreamy situation like this?
I think you said “dream” a few too many times. Besides, that plan you were talking about earlier—
Hey! Stop talking about work! I’m Nay the Gale right now, okay?!
Yeah, I know, I’m just curious. You looked pretty deep in thought when I walked in.
I just thought maybe I could help you out.
…Okay, fine. I’ll stop.
I’m glad you feel that way, though. It looks like you’ve finally grown up.
Then stop treating me like a kid, maybe? Look, I just want to help, okay? Like you.

Let me help you. I’ll do anything if I can make it less risky.

Nay posed an interesting question to Delta.

Huh?
You’ve married Cass, and you have a kid! Congratulations, Delta!
What are you talking about!?
I’m setting the stage! And you’re not very good at playing along.
Then one day, when a huge tornado appears, the three of you are happily walking along the beach…
When…what’s this?! You spot Nay, famous for her amazing legs, and the young genius Sarly, drowning!

But because of the tornado, the ocean is super rough! Now, what do you do?
Nobody would go for a walk on the beach when there’s a tornado, and nobody would go swimming, either!
Just answer the question!
Ugh… Alright. I would go save Nay and Sarly.
Really? You’d die, you know. Cass would try to stop you. You really want to leave your child without a father!?
No, I’d definitely come back alive.
Huh?

I once asked this question, he said he’d convince me to call off the tornado then go swim out. Which is why he’s still the best human. Delta seems like he was pretty okay, though.

If I died, Cass would be sad. But if I left you to die, then I’d be sad.
That means there’s only one option, and that’s to save you and not die doing it. I’d do whatever it took.
You…
You really are a hopeless idiot…
Really? That’s it? Nothing like “Wow, you’re so cool!”
Ha ha ha…nope. Thanks, though. I feel a lot better after talking to you.
Oh, okay. That’s good.
…Whatever it took… You’re right…
Can you come to headquarters with Cass tomorrow? I have something I want to ask you.
Oh, and feel free to stay here tonight and rest up. See you later.
Feel free…? This is MY house!

The next day, they headed down to talk with Nay again as requested. She had apparently decided to execute one of those plans they’d previously discarded.

…Sharl?
Yes. I want you to search for the Master Sharl.
The increasing number of Sharl is a concern, but more concerning is the increasing level of leadership.
The Sharl have individual will, but also a collective will which directs them.
Their commander is known as the Master Sharl.
Hm… So after we capture this Master Sharl, what next?
If we can analyze the Master Sharl’s FFT Spectrum, I should be able to control the Sharl myself.
Once that happens, I should be able to cause them to self-destruct.
You’re going to kill them all…?
Yes. Since this is their commander, it will no doubt be under heavy guard.
This is an especially dangerous mission.
Can we really do this…?

And she was willing to help as best she could.

Y-yes…
Quell->EX[lic]->{hymi NAYAFLASK⇔CASTY};
This…?!
You may now enter my Genometrics. Make good use of it.
Th-Thank you very much.
That is all. Please work together to determine the Master Sharl’s whereabouts.
Please, wait, Your Highness!
I thought there was a secret meeting going on… Your Highness, we discussed this plan before.
Very well, if you do not approve, suggest another plan to destroy the Sharl and save Felion. Now!
…I can’t.
I am the Empress, and as such it is my duty to ensure the safety of my subjects.
I will do whatever I must to fulfill that responsibility.
That is all.
…I apologize.

It seemed like there was more to this plan than they’d been told, but they didn’t really have time to worry about that. And while Ion and Earthes were aware of the Master Sharl’s identity, they were in the dark here.

You think so? She seemed about the same to me. She even Chained with us.
Well, that’s true… I didn’t think she would do something like that.
I wouldn’t blame her for being upset. If this keeps up, it’s only a matter of time until Felion is destroyed.
Yeah, but… She told us to find the Master Sharl, without any sort of clues at all…
I might have an idea.
Really?
Do you remember seeing a woman in a field, before we were captured?
You mean Kanon, being used as CIEL_N_PROTECTA’s vessel?
Yes. After further research, it seems Kanoyeel is called the “Representative of God.”
The “Representative of God” huh… Quanturv called the Sharl “Messengers of God” too.
So you’re saying it’s possible that Kanon is the Master Sharl?
I don’t know. Since there’s a representative, that should mean there’s a real God somewhere as well.
It might be more natural to think that this God is the Master Sharl.
Well, I guess that’s better than nothing. Let’s go see if we can find this “Representative of God.”

But that search will have to wait, because next time I’m going to tell you what happened when they tried to Dive with Nay. It turned out…rather interesting.

Next Time, Ar Nosurge: Sacrifice

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Even though I've played all three Ar tonelico games, I must've tuned this out, but...why is it only females can be Reyvateils?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

HR12345 posted:

Even though I've played all three Ar tonelico games, I must've tuned this out, but...why is it only females can be Reyvateils?

Reyvateils are artificial, and there's an incompatibility with what they did and the Y-chromosome.

Of course the real reason is that Reyvateils are used as a thematic cypher for women.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Just how much of the "magic code" is meaningful and how much is gibberish? Because as a programmer I have to stop and try to interpret it every time I see it and it's driving me crazy.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Sindai posted:

Just how much of the "magic code" is meaningful and how much is gibberish? Because as a programmer I have to stop and try to interpret it every time I see it and it's driving me crazy.

http://artonelico.wikia.com/wiki/REON-4213_Language

Go nuts.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Sindai posted:

http://artonelico.wikia.com/wiki/REON-4213_Language

Have fun. It has rules behind it and you could theoretically read it out loud. But as far as I'm concerned, it's gibberish until someone does Hello World in it.

Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?
None of it is gibberish, which is pretty cool. It has more in common with natural language than actual code, though.

XeEX[etr] ; basically means "access denied". EX[etrbl] ; means "access granted".

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Shortening Nayaflask to Nay makes total sense because I can't imagine anyone wanting to be called Nayaflask all the time. But shortening Casty to Cass just seems... unnecessary. Why couldn't her name just have been Cass in the first place? Although come to think of it, almost every character's name is short for a longer name... Kanoyeel, Zillium, Ionasal... This entire culture just needs to have shorter names that Japanese gamers can easily remember.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Eh I kinda get the Cass/Casty one, there are names that have nicknames of similar length that are just less formal.

We've got a Dive with Nay next, probably Friday. Hoping to get it done in one update like the one with Kanon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

My main problem with Casty/Cass is that Casty sounds like a nickname. Like I could totally see it backwards, her real name being Cass and her nickname being Casty. It's not like the rest where they have really stupidly long and weird names and their nicknames make sense.

I can't blame anyone for calling Ion and Kanon by their nicknames, that's for sure. And Zill is so bad even the script gets it wrong!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'm almost positive Cass/Casty is just a result of Japan not used to making 'TEE' sounds, so the obvious solution for them is to just drop it entirely.

Also this game for better and for worse definitely continues in proud Ar Tonelico tradition of being really really good when it isn't being creepy and fetishistic. Unfortunately the latter still happens too often.

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 7, 2015

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Then... don't name her that? They named her Casty just so they could call her Cass. Why?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Clarste posted:

Then... don't name her that? They named her Casty just so they could call her Cass. Why?

The same reason the main character of Code Geass has a name that no Japanese person can pronounce; it's supposed to be 'foreign' and they don't want to look up actual foreign names.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Auraboks posted:

None of it is gibberish, which is pretty cool. It has more in common with natural language than actual code, though.

XeEX[etr] ; basically means "access denied". EX[etrbl] ; means "access granted".

Anything with ==> or <==> is basically C++ IO operators, with <==> meaning shared access.

Hellioning posted:

The same reason the main character of Code Geass has a name that no Japanese person can pronounce; it's supposed to be 'foreign' and they don't want to look up actual foreign names.

RURUSHU!

Noirio Wakamoto is a treasure

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
What I took away from the "It's been 2 years" thing is that the events of Ciel Nosurge happened while Delta and Cass took a long nap with water filled lungs (?) and after Ion manages to break out of her mind prison it resumes in this game.
2 years also pretty much is how long it took to release all the Ciel nosurge chapters! Would any of you have the patience to pick up a game again and again for almost 2 years while also catering to its tamagotchi like host?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I could claim I wouldn't but I've easily done double digit total combined runs through ar tonelico games between how many times I've legit played them and the LPs so hell I'd probably have done that if the option had existed.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Kind of a dumb question, but do you think it'd be a good idea not to read the LP further and wait for the Vita game? I don't know if the gameplay is good enough to carry the plot, but the story is still in its first stages and so very little had been said, so if I wanted to play by myself this wouldn't be a bad place to stop, and I barely play on my PS3 anymore, so the Vita version would be preferable, even. Of course, no one know how the performance will be.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Szurumbur posted:

Of course, no one know how the performance will be.

Barring crazy inexplicable bugs, people will have played the Japanese version of + so perhaps try asking around at "A Reyvateil's Melody" or Gamefaqs and see if you can get an answer on that, but always be vigilant of spoilers if you do so.

I'd be quite surprised if aquagon hasn't played Ar nosurge+, so perhaps you could tweet them at @aquagon_drag too? Dude/Dudette's an Ar machine after all.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

At the very minimum Plus has some extra content that would probably be worth hitting up even if you've already played/seen the game.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I can't wait to see Nay's genometrics. Her situation is so hosed up.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Looks like the final screen count for Cass/Nay is a bit above 600, so I'll split it into two days. 4-500 is about as much as I can do in a day.

It's such a great Dive, especially since it leads nicely into Ion's second Dive (Ion 1 already mentioned that'd be with Nay so I don't consider that a spoiler).

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Seems like the Vita version is more or less on par with the PS3 version (at least according to the people who played it), so I guess I'll take my leave :) Thanks for the LP, Feinne, voted 5.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Catching up on the last week of updates...

Nay is more than 5000 years old? ...In a row? So what are these beings which can live for 5000 years without aging, because they sure ain't humans. Their perceptions of life and reality should barely be recognizable.

Is Kanon's resemblance to Cass meaningful, or is it just a combination of anime face + model reuse like Nelico is with Jill?

Also, question about the planet-destroying thing... isn't the entire reason the planet got destroyed because they were trying to leave the planet because their home star becoming a red giant was going to wipe it out anyway? And wasn't the destruction kinda unintentional? Was this Genom-destroying thing covered in the Ciel Nosurge game?

In combat, is there any penalty for using an item? Does it cost you an action? Or is it just a completely free thing?

I didn't expect meek, soft-spoken Ion to be so kinky.

Oh Prim is a Sharl spy of course. That's neat and much better than what the game... no, what SARLY told us she was. (I still think she's brainwashed.) On that note, why is absolutely no one more than mildly surprised after three people VANISHED for TWO YEARS? Why are they not suspicious?

I wanted to make a title for Cass, but I realized that basically everything about her personality is Delta-related and I don't know enough about who she is if he's not there. It seems like she's a really shallow character. Am I mistaken?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

So when Ion and Nay dive at the start of Phase II, we will get a pretty good explanation for Nay.

It's the anime face one.

And yes the planet was doomed either way, I guess what they're frosted about was that the plan pretty much inherently didn't include any thought to bringing the Genom along when they blew up the planet and de-assed the area.

You can use one item every time your turn comes up.

Prim is weird and I won't say anything about her situation except everything makes sense later.

Anyway half one of Cass/Nay coming later, starting work on it now. Fortunately there is a nice logical break point at almost the exact middle of the Dive.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Is Kanon's resemblance to Cass meaningful, or is it just a combination of anime face + model reuse like Nelico is with Jill?
Any resemblance between Kanon and Cass is just a coincidence, but I think the similarities between Nelico and Zill are intended.

quote:

Also, question about the planet-destroying thing... isn't the entire reason the planet got destroyed because they were trying to leave the planet because their home star becoming a red giant was going to wipe it out anyway? And wasn't the destruction kinda unintentional? Was this Genom-destroying thing covered in the Ciel Nosurge game?
Yeah, Ra Ciela was going to be wiped out by Bezel going red giant anyway, but the destruction was entirely intentional. They blew up the planet to turn it into energy to power the ship's jump drive (or just the song magic that would have done the same thing, I'm fuzzy on the details). Only problem is Nelo stole most of that energy trying to send herself home and got everyone stuck in the mess they're in now. I don't know if it was covered in Ciel, but the Tenmon faction didn't really give a poo poo about the Genom (instead preferring Cielnotrons for song magic) and they just got left behind. Oops.

quote:

In combat, is there any penalty for using an item? Does it cost you an action? Or is it just a completely free thing?
No penalty, but you can only use one item per turn.

e:

Icedude fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 8, 2015

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

It's actually really funny if the Tenmon got left behind given Felion is technically supposed to be their district on the ship from its intro text.

Also I'm just going to say this now a lot of people do make some really staggeringly bad choices in this game, especially early on. One of the names I almost went with for the thread was 'What A Bunch of Ar-Holes'.

Oh, so one thing this game is going to do is actually for the most part have the actual characters we're playing as not only not be the ones making these bad choices but call these people out on being dumb as hell afterwards.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 8, 2015

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Kanon looked pretty different in Ciel actually compared to the rest, at least she had a lot less hair.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It's also worth noting that the sun blowing up was kind of the humans' fault too, in the sense of magical pollution.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
A lot of things are listed as "will make sense later", but does "will make sense later" have to apply to like, every drat thing in the game? Couldn't some things "make sense now"?

Was there a point in having a two-year timeskip instead of two days? The thing which stands out to me the most is that the Delta-Cass-Sarly-Nay circle of friends seems to be the entirety of that, and there are no people outside of it. There are no relationships outside of that circle which have been damaged by two years of being presumed dead. Hell, in previous games there were more active party members than this game has named NPC's. It makes the world seem smaller.

Clarste posted:

It's also worth noting that the sun blowing up was kind of the humans' fault too, in the sense of magical pollution.

Of course it was, because I just don't think that the HUMANS ARE BASTARDS message is getting through clearly. Maybe if they put it on a uniform all the bad guys wore tattooed across their bare abdomens it would get through.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

As someone noted I think the two years was entirely because that's how much real time the online version of Ciel Nosurge unrolled over the course of.

And frankly you're not wrong, they don't really HAVE friends other than each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I think a major... thing in this game is that pretty much everyone important was also important 5000 years ago. We never get the perspective of an ordinary citizen of Fellion who's been living in this ship all their life and whose parents and grandparents also lived in this ship for as far back as recorded history.

• Locked thread