Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I actually quite like how it isn't exactly 5D's first season. It clearly takes from more, the roads appearing once a Duel starts and pushing the poor people who might be going to their jobs because others need to play card games and those are more important are from the season 2 united Neo Domino. Both parts of City aren't separated, instead being on different levels, bringing into mind Final Fantasy VII as was mentioned earlier but it's likely just to make it more unique instead of having separate Domino (plus there's nothing saying Domino won't appear in the Fusion Dimension), the Synchro Dimension doesn't work in quite the same way Neo Domino did as there's an actual chance of class climbing by proving your strength like Jack did (in 5D's proper, Jack had to break the law to get to the wealthy Neo Domino and become the King, and then had to lie about being born there to begin with instead of having been poor. Here, it's Common knowledge he was poor at one point). That said, it keeps the original 5D's theme of poverty and discrimination, which were really cool back there and are really cool right now.

Yeah, the Synchro Dimension has an idea of being a Merit-based society, but I have a feeling that it's going to come across that most of the Tops themselves don't have much merit. Though it would be funny if they actually reversed that and the Tops were all pro duelists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The way the Tops people reacted to Yugo was really something. The woman seemed genuinely terrified her son would catch a disease just from going near his bike.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

VJeff posted:

The way the Tops people reacted to Yugo was really something. The woman seemed genuinely terrified her son would catch a disease just from going near his bike.

Now the question is: what kind of allusion is being made here?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Does anyone have any tips for speeding up a Frightfur deck? I have some serious trouble getting the Fluffals I need to make my Fusions.
Edge Imps are much easier to get because they are named Fusion Materials, which I can get with Fusion Conscription and the like.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

paradoxGentleman posted:

Does anyone have any tips for speeding up a Frightfur deck? I have some serious trouble getting the Fluffals I need to make my Fusions.
Edge Imps are much easier to get because they are named Fusion Materials, which I can get with Fusion Conscription and the like.

Prisma.

But yeah post your decklist

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 7, 2015

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Ultimaya: so much potential, so little wins.

Slur fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 7, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I may have found the weirdest thing:

I'd totally watch The People's Duelist, Odion.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh gently caress,I think I used to have that issue when I was a little kid, the loving nostalgia.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Arc V's dub opening has been sort of leaked. https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=27&v=EnIOywRx71A

Only the audio got leaked but someone just placed it over the German opening which came out forever ago. When is this thing even coming out, it must be just about ready, right?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's done, it's ready. There's no reason we have all of this information even down to voice actors and now the audio of the english opening and it's not ready. They're probably waiting to coincide it with the release of the next set, but holy poo poo.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Arc V's dub opening has been sort of leaked. https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=27&v=EnIOywRx71A

Only the audio got leaked but someone just placed it over the German opening which came out forever ago. When is this thing even coming out, it must be just about ready, right?

What I saw on German TV was the Op was done in German and the ed version was done in English.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well that was sure...a really 4kids opening.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Prisma.

But yeah post your decklist

Sorry, should have done that in the first place.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Original opening and Hyper Drive confirmed for flukes.

E: Wait, Hyper Drive was voted on.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This doesn't hold a quarter of a candle to the original thing.

I get the impression this is something that happens often?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

paradoxGentleman posted:

Sorry, should have done that in the first place.

Ooh yeah.
Find space for 1 Toy vendor, 3 Mouse and 2 fluffal crane.
I'd recommend taking out fusion reserve and some of the frightfur factories.

You could also tech in tour guide to the underworld if you wanted, go into Dante for the milling.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 12:28 on May 7, 2015

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

The mouse does not appear to be on DevPro. I'll follow your advice regarding Cranes and the Vendor.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

paradoxGentleman posted:

The mouse does not appear to be on DevPro. I'll follow your advice regarding Cranes and the Vendor.

Oh huh. Weird.
Mouse is part of the wolf OTK and is just generally super good, it's literally summon mouse + 2 through effect, polymerization/frightfur fusion and get out wolf. there 4 fusion materials super easy.
In that case put in some prisma, that way you send a monster to the graveyard you can also have a fluffal/edge imp named monster on field.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 12:40 on May 7, 2015

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Are you sure it works with Fluffals as well? Cards like Fusion Conscription seem to only work with cards whose name actually appears on the Fusion Monster card, not on ones that say "1 or more Fluffal monsters".

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Prisma can only use specifically named monsters. It can't dump HEROs with Absolute Zero, it can't dump Fluffals with most Frightfurs.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

paradoxGentleman posted:

Are you sure it works with Fluffals as well? Cards like Fusion Conscription seem to only work with cards whose name actually appears on the Fusion Monster card, not on ones that say "1 or more Fluffal monsters".

Hm yeah I just checked the ruling and it doesnt work that way. It has to be a named monster.
Hm Im not sure any more. Anyhow conscription would work better in this case then, since you can get sheep into the hand with it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Fluffal Mouse is really easy to dead draw so as good as it can be for Wolf/Tiger, I don't like using it. It's way easier to poly and follow up with Frightfur Fusion for a Tiger/Wolf or double Wolf. Haven't tried Rabbit or Cat yet because Frightfur Factory/Fusion seem to serve the same purposes with easier triggers and you've always got Owl's effect. I'd definitely run one or two Toy Vendors (3 is fine even) too.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well gently caress

"Konami posted:

The Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon Mega-Tin comes with:

3 x 16-card Mega-Packs. Each Mega-Pack contains 1 Secret Rare, 1 Ultra Rare, 1 Super Rare, 1 Rare and 12 Common cards, including cards from the following booster sets: Primal Origin, Duelist Alliance, The New Challengers, and Secrets of Eternity
3 variant cards
1 Platinum Secret Rare Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
1 Super Rare Elder Entity Norden
1 Super Rare Majesty’s Fiend

The Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon Mega-Tin comes with:

3 x 16-card Mega-Packs. Each Mega-Pack contains 1 Secret Rare, 1 Ultra Rare, 1 Super Rare, 1 Rare and 12 Common cards, including cards from the following booster sets: Primal Origin, Duelist Alliance, The New Challengers, and Secrets of Eternity
3 variant cards
1 Platinum Secret Rare Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
1 Super Rare Old Entity Hastorr
1 Super Rare Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer

Those tins are gonna fly off the shelves

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Aww.

Awwwwwwww.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Motherfucker.
Good thing I don't play the physical game.

(otherwise this might have been a sound investment, buying all these tins and selling Nodens for the crazy price theyll garner.)

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
well there goes $40

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Holy moly those tins.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You're supposed to put Mouse back in your deck with Edge-Imp Sabres, that's the whole point.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well gently caress

:stare:

I don't even play the physical game anymore and I kinda wanna buy these.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well gently caress

I'm so happy because this is one step closer to Instant Fusion being banned.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Slur posted:

I'm so happy because this is one step closer to Instant Fusion being banned.

Instant fusion in and of itself is not broken.
Not at all.

True it's main purpose these is for easy fodder but Noden is the only thing that can make it a one card R4/synchro.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Are Sybil-Shaddolls as good as I think they are or does that not work?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I don't understand the calls for Insta-Fusion to be banned. It's a cool card and I need it in my Madolche for my plays :colbert:

Nah but seriously though, is it causing trouble? It seems too niche of a card to actually cause some ruckus. Maybe Noden will disrupt it??

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Elder Entity Norden? Seriously? Seriously?

I guess Cthulhu is not something we can show kids. As per usual, the translation team makes some really stupid decisions. Oh well. The more stupid decision was making Noden exist anyways.

Cabinet posted:

I don't understand the calls for Insta-Fusion to be banned. It's a cool card and I need it in my Madolche for my plays :colbert:

Nah but seriously though, is it causing trouble? It seems too niche of a card to actually cause some ruckus. Maybe Noden will disrupt it??

It makes it really easy to go into Rank 5 Xyz, namely Cyber Dragon Nova, then Infinity. Also Noden is just loving awful and loves Instant Fusion.

I still say they should just ban Noden though. Instant Fusion is fine, just limit Infinity because that's also really strong.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

People hate it because of Noden, and it does help with certain decks (I just played against a guy who used it in his Heroic Challenger deck to get an extra Karbonala Warrior to XYZ summon), but without Noden it's not that broken.

Also, I think the problem with the translation isn't with the Cthllhu part, but with the God part.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

IF can summon that one mecha-dragon fusion that blows up a card when it's destroyed, AND trigger its effect at the end of the turn guaranteed. Meaning it's basically a slower Soul Taker with more targets as well as all the other things it does.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Cabinet posted:

Noden. Stupid XYZ plays. Summoning things you shouldn't be allowed to summon. Banning it will make the game that much healthier.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Slur posted:

Noden. Stupid XYZ plays. Summoning things you shouldn't be allowed to summon. Banning it will make the game that much healthier.

Then just ban Noden?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

everythingWasBees posted:

Then just ban Noden?

Noden isn't the only problem with Instant Fusion though; it's only the most prominent one.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Slur posted:

Noden isn't the only problem with Instant Fusion though; it's only the most prominent one.

So what's the other problem(s) with instant fusion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So what's the other problem(s) with instant fusion?

It doesn't help Nekroz or Qliphort in any way. and makes other decks able to swing against them maybe 1% of the time.