Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
The nerfs to other builds are way less severe than overreacting goons are making it sound like, and accompanied by a bunch of buffs. The same changes also affect pvp staff builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonelyKing
Feb 2, 2003

Fun Shoe

Lyer posted:

I also wouldn't spend gold on an exo armor set...since you already run dungeons, save the gold and use tokens for that.

Along these lines, if you WvW at all, you can get a full exotic armor set for like ~500 badges of honor plus a few gold. Maybe not the best for princessing, but if stats are your goal, there you go.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

LonelyKing posted:

Along these lines, if you WvW at all, you can get a full exotic armor set for like ~500 badges of honor plus a few gold. Maybe not the best for princessing, but if stats are your goal, there you go.

And if you don't WvW but have the time, completing the events in Orr and spending Karma for temple gear is an extremely cheap way to get your level 80 exotics because what the hell else are you going to do with your million karma?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Also if you spvp at all you'll end up with more boxes of exotic gear than you can think of ways to use.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
When I came back I started doing zones I hadn't done before, and I learned about ascended crafting, so I spent a week making myself a nice shortbow. Recently I got a precursor, so thats a huge quest in and of itself.

As for money, Hopping on the event train doesn't take too long and if youre level 80 youll get at least 1 yellow per boss. Silverwastes is immense for money if you have a bit of time.

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 08:11 on May 7, 2015

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Waci posted:

Also if you spvp at all you'll end up with more boxes of exotic gear than you can think of ways to use.

I think I did the wrong reward tracks :(

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Double fail Teq cause of battery, bah.

I cleared the wave with the jump pad and no chievo.

gently caress THIS GAME. :cry:

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

After fiddling around with my pvp necro build, I just realized that I have "flesh wurm" and "spectral grasp" slotted. This loving game.

Also, I can't describe how disappointed I am towards minions in this game. They are just so nauseatingly bad compared to literally any other non pet skills, and that's not even mentioning the pathing issues and bugs. Bad in pvp, pve and everything. This makes me immensely sad because I loving love pet classes in games.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Hey now, the Wurm is technically a pet. :saddowns:

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

orcane posted:

I think I did the wrong reward tracks :(

What are the good reward tracks anyways?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

always be closing posted:

What are the good reward tracks anyways?

Basically, dungeon tracks are good and all others are worse, but some of the poo poo ones give unique skins.

Any completed track gives 8 tomes of knowledge, 4 transmutation charges, and a variety of thematic loot boxes, which are affected by magic find and are supposed to replace killing stuff in PvE.

A completed dungeon reward track gives 3 weapons and 1 armor piece of your choice, as well as 240 tokens. If you pick three two-handed weapons and a chest piece, that's a total of 1740 tokens' worth of rewards, which is nothing to scoff at. Most loot bags are veteran quality or better, which means you get a decent amount of champ bags, too.

Other tracks instead contain a handful of tier 5/6 crafting mats, significantly fewer champion bag loot boxes and a single skin and some ascended/legendary crafting mats at the very end. The Region tracks just give a rare drop from the region (Tribal for Maguuma, Legionnaire for Ascalon, etc.), while the Glorious/Balthazar tracks give unique skins that can only be unlocked this way. You might also want to do the Maguuma Wastes track, since it gives 300 geodes (and 2,050 silky sand piles), and is the only way to get Ambrite Fossilized Insects that isn't a random drop.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
Some of the tracks give Mystic Clovers. Which is huge. If you're into that.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Ussr posted:

Some of the tracks give Mystic Clovers. Which is huge. If you're into that.

those are really cheap to get and can easily pay for themselves if you craft them at the forge

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
2 clovers per track, hot dog. I mean, it's not nothing, but clovers barely even figure in the cost of crafting a legendary, which is the only thing they're used for. The 8 obsidian shards are a bigger deal.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Kajeesus posted:

2 clovers per track, hot dog. I mean, it's not nothing, but clovers barely even figure in the cost of crafting a legendary, which is the only thing they're used for. The 8 obsidian shards are a bigger deal.

But then 10 Obsidian Shards cost peanuts in karma, and chest farming in SW basically shits them out.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Dragonhunter

RIP paragon dream.

Aug 24, 2011

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/meet-the-dragonhunter-guardians-elite-specialization/

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Virtues are being turned to skill-shots. GG Arus.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

gandlethorpe posted:

Virtues are being turned to skill-shots. GG Arus.
Light fields, light fields as far as the eye can see.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Sounds interesting. I like the idea of traps, but have a horrible feeling they'll end up gimmicky and weak.

Vencja
Feb 27, 2013

Yoink!
I did not come back to this game to play a lovely version of ranger goddamnit anet

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Seems kind of meh compared to literally controlling time and space. Hopefully the details make it seem a bit more interesting.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
Was really not expecting Dragonhunter. Its...interesting I guess.

The new Virtues could be pretty strong in PvP and WvW. When traited with the new spec and the Virtues trait line, your Wing's of Resolve will give you condi cleanse, a leap, an AoE ally heal at the end of the leap, and potentially damage at the end of the leap also. That would be pretty neat. Shield of Courage also sounds great for WvW where you can trait it to give AoE stab and block attacks for your group. Mix that with Wall of Reflection and you could actually guard your commander from being sniped by rangers pretty nicely. A Guardian guarding; a novel idea.

Not really as "cool" as Mesmer's new spec but as long as the final numbers aren't bad, Dragonhunter doesn't seem weak.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
The condi guardian hype is real.

whydirt posted:

Seems kind of meh compared to literally controlling time and space.

mesmer.txt

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 7, 2015

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Sharpen your justice. Dust off your resolve. Brace your courage.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I love everything about the Dragonhunter spec...except for the name. Just seems way too specific. I dunno.

At least I can have wings to go with my wings!

Aug 24, 2011

it looks fuckin stupid and i want to see the necromancer one even though i dont play necromancer

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Forgall posted:

Light fields, light fields as far as the eye can see.

Aw man, I hope every trap is also a light field.

ApeHawk posted:

I love everything about the Dragonhunter spec...except for the name. Just seems way too specific. I dunno.

Think about this way. Demon hunters are a thing in lots of fantasy settings. In GW2, dragons are basically demons x100. In the world of GW2, I can see dragonhunter totally being a common job.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Wait. This means no more passive aegis.

Game saved!!!!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the name seems generic as gently caress but maybe it'll be cool in action. the same thing applies to whatever anime poo poo the mesmer does in reverse. eagerly awaiting it coming out and people finding out that standing there with a shield as a mesmer is boring as gently caress.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

SlothBear posted:

Wait. This means no more passive aegis.

Game saved!!!!

Hmm.

quote:

Also please note that we’d like each new virtue to retain properties of the traits that affect them, such as Renewed Justice and Justice is Blind. When not recharging, they’ll still have passive effects so that you can continue to provide Battle Presence and provide your allies with a full health pool as you currently do.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

I think at least that since they're now active effects, you can hit Virtue of Courage to summon the wall and disable the aegis for the duration of the CD. Unintended QOL feature for screenshots?

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code
Anet have just shown with the Guardian elite spec. they aren't afraid of replacing the F abilities.
Anet said that Necromancer will get a "new way of spending life force".
Calling it right now. Necromancer elite spec. is replacing death shroud.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
I wanna see a gimmick guardian stealth build with superior rune of the trapper that gives you stealth when you use a trap skill :v:

Aug 24, 2011

forkbucket posted:

I wanna see a gimmick guardian stealth build with superior rune of the trapper that gives you stealth when you use a trap skill :v:

...poo poo, now this is gonna be a thing

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
Someone in map chat is already saying this is anet forgetting about their history by not naming it paragon and having traps is catering to the casuals. :jerkbag:

even without seeing it in action we are already calling for what is meta.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Seems dull on paper, but I agree that it'll play a lot better and probably be really effective in the right hands.

Aug 24, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuC9LFGDjjc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

UchihaHirou posted:

I think at least that since they're now active effects, you can hit Virtue of Courage to summon the wall and disable the aegis for the duration of the CD. Unintended QOL feature for screenshots?

I dunno, I don't see why it would remove the aegis unless you get hit (same as how it is now).

• Locked thread