Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

TheFluff posted:

this is the wrong decision

also I can't believe you guys are still falling for the churchill III troll, it's only been repeated like ten times in the last few months?

It's because people want to talk about it, and giving people a chance to do that is the world's shittiest troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

xthetenth posted:

It's because people want to talk about it, and giving people a chance to do that is the world's shittiest troll.

did you know you can press R three times and hold left mouse button though??? it's a great talkesfgklerwy,mgdrh[wqr;

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
How is giving good and valid advice trolling?

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
it goes slow but shoots fast tho

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

TheFluff posted:

this is the wrong decision

also I can't believe you guys are still falling for the churchill III troll, it's only been repeated like ten times in the last few months?

Americans are naive and unlearned compared to European rats.

CompeAnansi posted:

Since vertical stabilizer is a must on pretty much every tank that can use it, most lights/mediums are left with picking two of: rammer, optics, or vents. It might just be me but I often pick vents + optics and drop the rammer. I prefer to have the flat stat increase from vents instead of the higher DPM from the rammer.

Vents is like a "I dunno lol" choice when you have nothing else to put on your tank. Some things can't put rammers or vstabs so you gotta make do.

You could maybe justify taking off the gun rammer on absurdly fast-firing tanks like the T-34, but I haven't tried it.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Atal Vataman posted:

it goes slow but shoots fast tho

yes, I see, but can you explain how to play it?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

CompeAnansi posted:

Since vertical stabilizer is a must on pretty much every tank that can use it, most lights/mediums are left with picking two of: rammer, optics, or vents. It might just be me but I often pick vents + optics and drop the rammer. I prefer to have the flat stat increase from vents instead of the higher DPM from the rammer.

Rammer is a 10% boost though, which is far more then the minor boost vents add. On just about any vehicle there is a better choice for equipment then vents.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Americans are naive and unlearned compared to European rats.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

TheFluff posted:

did you know you can press R three times and hold left mouse button though??? it's a great talkesfgklerwy,mgdrh[wqr;

Doing something that you know will get people to do things they enjoy and you don't is the textbook definition of stupidity.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Magres posted:

Looking at the gun, that thing looks strong as hell. Unless the intradrum reload time is awful, I can really see that thing popping out, rattling off its trio of shots, then scooting away.

Based on the dpm and rof stated, it's got 3sec between shots. Unless I'm thinking wrong and my math is off.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Valle posted:

Based on the dpm and rof stated, it's got 3sec between shots. Unless I'm thinking wrong and my math is off.

Even if it does, it has a 90mm gun and 10 degrees of gun depression, on a tier 7. Looks good.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Is it just me, or is the stock KV-1 just horrible? I can't punch through other heavies and I'm lagging behind the battle mostly.

Churchill III is nice. The learning curve to use a heavy is challenging because I love sniping and speed but it's growing on me.

VV I have to research that gun still, I've only upgraded the tracks and engine, because I've been taking time to play the Churchill with the same crew. I keep getting owned by arty because of my speed/lack of leveled repair skills. Ah well, I can feel the difference on my lovely tier IVs now that their crews are 100%

Blindeye fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 7, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Blindeye posted:

Is it just me, or is the stock KV-1 just horrible? I can't punch through other heavies and I'm lagging behind the battle mostly.

Churchill III is nice. The learning curve to use a heavy is challenging because I love sniping and speed but it's growing on me.

Use the 57mm - it's an actual viable option over the 85mm and 122mm for tournaments depending on what you need it to do. The Russian 76mm is the worst gun in the game.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Blindeye posted:

VV I have to research that gun still, I've only upgraded the tracks and engine, because I've been taking time to play the Churchill with the same crew. I keep getting owned by arty because of my speed/lack of leveled repair skills. Ah well, I can feel the difference on my lovely tier IVs now that their crews are 100%

The KV-1 is one of the best tier 5 tanks, but you do need repairs and knowledge of the map so your slow speed is not as much of a handicap. Also the stock gun is complete trash, literally any other gun is a viable choice. The 57 mm gun will make the tank similar to the Churchill though.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Ensign Expendable posted:

The KV-1 is one of the best tier 5 tanks, but you do need repairs and knowledge of the map so your slow speed is not as much of a handicap. Also the stock gun is complete trash, literally any other gun is a viable choice. The 57 mm gun will make the tank similar to the Churchill though.

I'm not doing bad with the Churchill. I just don't have breakaway games like I get sometimes with the M3 and T-28. I am having trouble getting to the battle and getting 500+ damage consistently because my crew has no skills. I'm also struggling a bit because as the slower heavy in groups, I have most shots blocked by allies. Anyone have particular random battle strategies?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

mikemelbrooks posted:

just do a screen shot of the modpack with your options ticked.

But the list is huge. Look at the position of the scrollbar in your screenshot. You'd have to take multiple images and possibly stitch them together. This is irrelevant now though, because:

CompeAnansi posted:

Maybe it's a new feature of the OMC installer, but mine has buttons on the side (in the purple box) that allow you to save/load config files:

Well gently caress my rear end and call me a bitch! :monocle: I don't know how long that's been there but I just checked now and it's available in my client. I guess I hadn't had someone ask about an OMC config in a while so hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out.

Blindeye posted:

New pet peeve: I'm sniping, scoped in using my little glass cannon M3, just about to get the perfect shot.

CLUNK. CLUNK.

Bastards on my own team running into me repeatedly. On a related note, peeking around a corner and trying to reverse only to be blocked by some rear end in a top hat.

M.C. McMic posted:

I was trying to peek around a corner in my KV-2 in conjunction with a pubbie in a T29 last night. Except, instead of firing and then ducking back behind cover to reload, he would fire and then sit there in my line of fire for 5 seconds for no reason before backing up. It was really annoying.

This is when you TK the mouthbreathers! :eng101:

WayAbvPar posted:

:toot:

Now that this is done- can I leave my 2nd account I started for this stupid mission dormant, then re-invite it and earn a million XP on it for the other mission? Or is that over by now?

Yes, the recruitment thing is still active. I think the account needs to be inactive for 60 days, and when you invite an existing account you have to accrue that XP together with the recruiter.

Also I think there's a couple more days left in the login mission.

Magres posted:

Is the SomethingAwful Panther getting replaced? I remember hearing that it is, and I really want an RU-251. It looks so sexy

OMG we just discussed this. It's being replaced by some SPIC. :ese:

Ensign Expendable posted:

I know the 57 is viable, but I can't bear to drive yet another vehicle with that gun, let alone a legit heavy tank. When I play it, I usually run the 85 on the KV-1 and the 122 on the KV-1S.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
That new scout tank looks sweet.

Blindeye, the Churchill is great at bullying other tanks due to how fast it shoots, so long as you can make the shots count. Avoid trying to go up against KVs 1v1 if you can avoid it, and since your armor is unreliable most of the time try and make sure someone else is there to take the hits for you. Tier 5 games tend to be pretty chaotic so it can be hard to come with any concrete battle strategies that work all the time, but it's the same for essentially all tanks: avoid trading HP unfavorably.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

This game is awful.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

BadLlama posted:

This game is awful.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Does anybody solopub the T-62A, and if you do, how do you win games in it?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

TheFluff posted:

Wait, so who's trolling whom here? :raise:

I mean, I always smile when I see people talking about the Churchill III, because I know torb will do his passive-aggressive thing about it again because apparently he doesn't like us talking about the tank to new guys or what the hell ever. And then we get to repeat the "double tap R and hold the LMB" thing again just to annoy him. It's pretty amusing to me at least.

Seriously, what exactly is the "troll" here?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, I don't know about you, but I am right at this moment trolling people who hate reading discussion about the Church III by posting about it. (Church III op tonk)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

You know what? gently caress torb I'm gonna go play the churchill 3 right now and post the replay just to spite him.

e: okay that didn't go so well let's try this again

e2: there we go hold w hold left click

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 7, 2015

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
It really is the best tier V premium.

Such a great crew trainer too thanks to that crazy XP bonus. However, I actually have a dedicated crew for it because none of those other plebians are fit to enter the Lord of All Tanks, the mighty Churchill III.

The Churchill III exists to serve itself and itself only. Driving the Churchill III is its own reward and should only be done in the name of the glory that is the Churchill III, not for the lesser concerns of lesser tanks.

For His is the sealclubbing, the LMB-holding, and the pubbie tears.
APCR.

:regd08:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Oh right I forgot to share this. The enemy platoon #1 was not very good, and they had some frankly brilliant excuses as to why they weren't very good:

Really bummed that none of them actually took me up on the 1v1 offer. I guess I should have suggested a 3v1. Seriously though please stop taking over control of enemy players' tanks and making them look like they're loving morons.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
42-43% winrate means you choke every single time you have a chance to make a difference in the outcome of a battle :laugh:

srb
Jul 24, 2007
How do you find these people? How can they be so convinced that others are not only definitely cheating if they play a game well, but also hacking their computers and preventing them from moving?

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

CompeAnansi posted:

This is worst than NTRabbit's posting.
:frogout:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

srb posted:

How do you find these people? How can they be so convinced that others are not only definitely cheating if they play a game well, but also hacking their computers and preventing them from moving?

I cast a wide net by being a giant rear end in a top hat and also calling out the worst players. There are so many the worst players.

If you have a good winrate and a large number of battles (>60% and >10k games cause those are nice even numbers) try saying this at the start of battle - "Anyone with a winrate below 50% has proven themselves too irresponsible to be allowed to be top tier. Please choose to improve." You'll get so many 48%s frothing at the mouth it is ridiculous.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

xthetenth posted:

Doing something that you know will get people to do things they enjoy and you don't is the textbook definition of stupidity.

Lol you're delusional if you play this game/are a goon and pretend to not be stupid.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Atal Vataman posted:

Lol you're delusional if you play this game/are a goon and pretend to not be stupid.
why? wot is a good game

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Cromwell, IS2 and T-34-85 with 100% crew skill and free brothers in arms, AND premium credit making? Time to pay to win fellas.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

maev posted:

Cromwell, IS2 and T-34-85 with 100% crew skill and free brothers in arms, AND premium credit making? Time to pay to win fellas.

I still haven't heard if they have fixed MM, but supposedly the T-34-85 *will* have the upgraded 85mm (or rather, a version of the lesser 85mm that has the upgraded 85mm's stats), thereby making the T-34-85M a giant pile of poo poo by comparison even if it *doesn't* get pref MM.

Also, the "free BIA" thing is sort of a trap, because it's a premium crew you'd have to retrain to get any use in with any other tank (500 or 1000g depending on a retraining discount, or suffer grinding it back up with 0% repair).

Oh yeah, and the dog barks when you land shots, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H38OOIzjwVw

The Rudy's definitely the cherry out of the lot. The only way the Cromwell B would've been worth it is if the rumors had been true about it being a US version of the tank.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 12:54 on May 7, 2015

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

maev posted:

Yep here's the link

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/31/Berlin-Quartet/

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Is there any comparsion how the T-34-85/IS-2/Cromwell B fare against their regular versions? Especially with stuff like terrain resistance or bloom. I certainly wouldn't mind having a Cromwell that prints even more credits than usual.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I still haven't heard if they have fixed MM, but supposedly the T-34-85 *will* have the upgraded 85mm (or rather, a version of the lesser 85mm that has the upgraded 85mm's stats), thereby making the T-34-85M a giant pile of poo poo by comparison even if it *doesn't* get pref MM.

All three have regular matchmaking and are excellent premiums also what the hell are you talking about the Cromwell B owns?

vvv Fair enough. I slapped my FV4202 crew in it and I'm having great games so far.

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 13:09 on May 7, 2015

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Evidently the Cromwell B gets sickening terrain passage buffs: http://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/351o59/cromwell_b_t3485_rudy_and_russian_is2_compared_to/

I'm not saying it isn't good, I'm just saying since the highest-tier British MT I have is the Firefly, I won't get as much use out of it as I would the Rudy. The Cromwell B also packs the top gun's stats with a lesser gun's name.

People have said good things about the IS-2 as well, but quite honestly the Churchill III and KV-220 are vastly superior HT crew trainers already.

They certainly know if you want two of them, that you'll almost certainly fish for the full package. However, if you buy the Rudy and Cromwell B singularly, you get 8600g and the tanks for $71.98, while the full package comes with all four tanks for $74.99 but only adds 30d of premium time, while you effectively get three months of premium (or whatever the gently caress you want to spend 8.6k gold on) buying the Rudy and C-B alone.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 7, 2015

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

On paper, the Cromwell B is straight-up better than the maxed-out original. Turret bloom on the 75mm (which is actually a Vickers HV in disguise) is slightly worse, but its supertracks make it turn on a dime and fly across normal terrain. The radio and HP pool are a little better, too.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I think I have a little Primelaw in me. I'm down for buying them all, getting four more crews with 100% on first skill, and getting to keep good tanks in my garage.

Is the Cromwell B really better than the actual Cromwell? Same HP/t and crazy good terrain resistance and traverse speed would be a nutty buff to an already great tier six.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

IS-2 vs. IS: http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/is-2/is#T1=649I524I447I779I183&T2=327I261I234I409I174

EDIT: Had stock values set on the IS, new link fixes them.

IS-2 gets *horrible* signal range @ 440m.

Comparison between the T-34-85's: http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/t-34-85/t-34-85-rudy/t-34-85m#T1=341I259I243I425I172&T2=650I525I448I780I195&T3=542I441I370I653I195

And the Cromwells: http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/cromwell/cromwell-b#T1=99I83I67I120I130&T2=631I520I101I750I136

And for completion's sake, an ISU-152 with the top D-25T variant and the ISU-122S (prepare to be underwhelmed): http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/isu-152/isu-122s#T1=368I278I234I461I174&T2=651I526I447I781I183

SU-152 w/top 122mm vs. ISU-122S (not much better): http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/su-152/isu-122s#T1=339I278I233I423I174&T2=651I526I447I781I183

It's pretty clear just from the pricing alone that the ISU-122S is the disappointment/Japanese Cruiser of the lot.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 13:44 on May 7, 2015