Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Reminds me of a classic drewtoothpaste video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xwMHU-Rdjw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

...you know, that's actually not a terrible idea. The unit-scale is dumb but there's nothing wrong with a tube of egg in principle. Eggs are one of those foods that you really can't gently caress up unless you just burn the poo poo out of them.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Chard posted:

...you know, that's actually not a terrible idea. The unit-scale is dumb but there's nothing wrong with a tube of egg in principle. Eggs are one of those foods that you really can't gently caress up unless you just burn the poo poo out of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxaSnVVV-QU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't really get the point of them but I'd probably eat one of those weird egg sticks

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Chard posted:

I'll see if I can find the picture tonight but dumping an egg into ramen as it cooks produces something diabolical.
Thought it would cook like the egg you get in Chinese soups

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Just Eggs: tastes like cooked eggs.

Fishsticks, oreos, gorgonzola: omg horrible barf lol!!1

Yeah if you throw random trash food together it'll taste bad, film at 11. The product is dumb consumer-culture garbage but it's not like it's making terrible food. I dunno, seems only vaguely offensive to me.

e:

freelop posted:

I'll see if I can find the picture tonight but dumping an egg into ramen as it cooks produces something diabolical.
Thought it would cook like the egg you get in Chinese soups

I do this whenever I make cheapo ramen, I agree it looks like sewage but it's a nice flavor/protein boost. Eggdrop soup is apparently some kind of wizardry.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Chard posted:

Fishsticks, oreos, gorgonzola: omg horrible barf lol!!1

Mods, new title please.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

I can't stop laughing.

This is amazing :allears:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Chard posted:

I do this whenever I make cheapo ramen, I agree it looks like sewage but it's a nice flavor/protein boost. Eggdrop soup is apparently some kind of wizardry.
Just crack the egg right in at the side of the pot, away from the noodles, at the start of the three-minute boil (after teasing the noodles apart a little). Drain everything at the end and you've got nice noodles and a beautiful poached egg, a little on the firmer side but with a mostly runny yolk. :shrug:
I used to try to poach my eggs for ramen separately, but it was a pain in the rear end to get everything done at the right time; this works great.

Next up is making boiled eggs that are seasoned in the shell with salt and a little sugar, like the ones you can buy at Japanese convenience stores. No salt packets necessary!
Or you can make these bastards, peeled and steeped in soy sauce, mirin rice wine, and dashi stock.

which look more off-putting than the salt-sugar variety, but are delicious.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Mods, new title please.

Nah, the current one is too good, and we just changed it a couple days ago

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I can't stop laughing.

This is amazing :allears:
It is.
TV reality cooking show platings meet what's in the average viewers kitchen as far as ingredients.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Oh so that's the contraption used at this place in Malaysia

http://eatdrinkkl.blogspot.com/2014/12/marvellous-egg-co-mid-valley.html

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
I don't believe this has been posted yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPRheymdlXo

Uli loves his pizza, huh.
I think he kept it in an open box on the floor of his den for four days.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Grei Skuring posted:

I don't believe this has been posted yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPRheymdlXo

Uli loves his pizza, huh.
I think he kept it in an open box on the floor of his den for four days.

According to him:

Ulillillia posted:

how long it actually took for me to eat it (4 1/2 days - I was going into day 5).

So I think he did leave it on the floor for 4 days, and kept eating it. I'm pretty sure a 30 inch pizza in it's natural form doesn't fit in a refrigerator, and Ullillia doesn't seem like the kind of guy to try and make one fit, by using such advanced methods as "remove pizza from box".

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Think about how much a pizza left out overnight congeals.

Now think about how much it'd congeal in 5 days.

It'd probably start breaking down into it's constituent parts.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Think about how much a pizza left out overnight congeals.

Now think about how much it'd congeal in 5 days.

It'd probably start breaking down into it's constituent parts.

Nah, pizza decay stops after the first night until mold growth begins later down the line.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
But he degreased the pizza. There's no way it can go bad after degreasing.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

But he degreased the pizza. There's no way it can go bad after degreasing.

Degreasing a pizza is like dehydrating water

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Once on a vacation we bought a couple Little Caesar's pizzas before realizing that we couldn't fit the leftovers into the very small hotel fridge. So we just kept the leftovers in boxes on a chair and snacked on them for the next several days. I swear to god they tasted exactly the same on the last day as they did the first day. Which says a couple of things about Little Caesar's pizza...

edit - and a couple of things about me as a person.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

http://www.kraftcanada.com/recipes/taco-sandwich-88467

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

gently caress people who cut their pizza like this. I've never seen it until I moved to Wisconsin and it makes me irrationally upset.

No pics but my father used to make a dish with the whimsical name "Hamburger, Ketchup and Noodles" and it was exactly that.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

C.P.A.N. posted:

gently caress people who cut their pizza like this. I've never seen it until I moved to Wisconsin and it makes me irrationally upset.

Such a hard time choosing between the 90% crust end pieces and the greasy middle ones that flop over and get sauce all over you

it's like eating a sandwich inside out it's retarded

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

In what way is that a "taco sandwich" as opposed to just a taco? :confused:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Aesop Poprock posted:

Such a hard time choosing between the 90% crust end pieces and the greasy middle ones that flop over and get sauce all over you

it's like eating a sandwich inside out it's retarded

Crust is obviously the right choice every time.

Someone is getting screwed by having those middle pieces.

bummer dude
Jun 20, 2004

duuuude

Tiggum posted:

In what way is that a "taco sandwich" as opposed to just a taco? :confused:

Should probably be called a sandwich taco, making sandwich the descriptor, since it is a taco with sandwich fillings. You see tacos dont typically contain coldcuts and mayo while sandwiches often do.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
You want your pizza "party cut"?

No I want it sliced like a loving pizza.

Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015

OctoberBlues posted:

Once on a vacation we bought a couple Little Caesar's pizzas before realizing that we couldn't fit the leftovers into the very small hotel fridge. So we just kept the leftovers in boxes on a chair and snacked on them for the next several days. I swear to god they tasted exactly the same on the last day as they did the first day. Which says a couple of things about Little Caesar's pizza...

edit - and a couple of things about me as a person.

I have a friend who left a Little Caesars in his bedroom for three summer months while he studied abroad. No mold or rot. Shits so gross that bacteria won't eat it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

mds2 posted:

Pizzas are already designed ideally for parties. It is part of their fundamental nature.

Uh I mean, shut up pizza hitler

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Much like "Voilą, enjoy your mustard stain", that gif never gets old for making me laugh. Is there a bigger version, or is that the original?

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Much like "Voilą, enjoy your mustard stain", that gif never gets old for making me laugh. Is there a bigger version, or is that the original?

That's the biggest one I've found, but I'm sure there's a bigger version out there.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

bummer dude posted:

Should probably be called a sandwich taco, making sandwich the descriptor, since it is a taco with sandwich fillings. You see tacos dont typically contain coldcuts and mayo while sandwiches often do.

if you put ham and cheese in a soft tortilla you are automatically making a quesadilla.

You can put mayo on tacos, it's a thing over here:

You can actually put anything you want on a taco. As long as it's yummy.

(But gringo tacos with hard tostada-like tortillas are sort of insulting a whole country, anyway)

Desperado Bones has a new favorite as of 16:34 on May 8, 2015

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Desperado Bones posted:

(But gringo tacos with hard tostada-like tortillas are sort of insulting a whole country, anyway)

This post reminded me of the most aply-named restaurant I've ever eaten at:

https://www.tacogringo.com/menu

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
For decades we only had the hard corn chip like taco "kits" down here.
They only recently (like 7 years or so), brought out normal tacos, but at the same time as bringing out soft tortilla tacos, they also had to improve the hard tacos by making the bottom square/flat so it could stand up by itself, because that is very important.

Hard tacos always sucked as at least 2 are broken in the bag anyway. Oh old el paso, you were so great 20 years ago, (I had no decent food while living at my parents and they were a gateway to something with at least a little spice)

e: VVV
loving australia, do I have to say that every post!?
Gets boring saying it over and over.
You can get shelf stable 3 month old corn tortillas if you want, but no one is making them fresh. Corn and mexican food is not big here at all (unless buying the tex mex brand "old el paso" or "mission" junk. Most of the time I buy fresh pita bread as a tortilla substitute if not making it myself.

Fo3 has a new favorite as of 17:34 on May 8, 2015

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I'm really interested in where 'down here' is that didn't have regular tortillas.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

big mean giraffe posted:

I'm really interested in where 'down here' is that didn't have regular tortillas.

Ottawa.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

mds2 posted:

Eh, I do if it's one of those novelty massive party pizzas. Like if I buy one of those 28" super pizzas that I have to tilt slightly to get in the door for a party, the gently caress if I want 615 square inches of pizza to go to 8-12 people. I want that monster cut into a shitload of slices.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Modern technology has invented a thing called "multiple pizzas"

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The Bigfoot was clearly the best party pizza, may it rest in peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

Modern technology has invented a thing called "multiple pizzas"

please elaborate

• Locked thread