Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm very sad at the lack of Geralt Dong and it will be the first mod I install.

Also is there a list of endings somewhere so I can try to pick the one I like the most? Adda is alive in my Witcher 1 save does that screw me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

iGestalt posted:

A few references to your major choices (Adda, Side chosen) and that's about it.

I've actually got a question; can someone tell me the default world state in W2 without an import? Never tried it without a save import and can't find any info online.

Adda dead. Neutral (Triss) Chapter 5/Epilogue. Siegfried dead. Thaler alive.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 10:58 on May 7, 2015

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Lycus posted:

Adda dead. Neutral (Triss) Chapter 5/Epilogue. Thaler alive.

Huh. I expected it to have Adda alive. Identical to my save, though (Except Adda is alive)

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

iGestalt posted:

Huh. I expected it to have Adda alive. Identical to my save, though (Except Adda is alive)

Yeah. Geralt not saving Adda seems like a very unGeralt thing to do.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Drifter posted:

I wonder what GMG's profit off this is. I wonder if they're just recouping costs. It's weird that GOG wouldn't let GMG sell their game, when so many other sites can. It's a huge game, GMG would certainly lose some influence and authority in their customer base's eyes were it not available at their storefront.

And CDPr aren't seeing profit from what GMG is selling, but they've still gotten paid for the initial purchase when Store X bought it from CDPr - it's not like the keys were stolen. I'm not sure who bears the brunt of blame; there's hardly a full picture here.

Also, I just fuckin' realized I had to be meditating in order to level up. :argh: What an annoying design decision.

:argh::argh:

GMG is making a profit in a really simple way: their source is almost certainly a region where the retail game is extremely cheap, so even at the discount they're giving people they're probably making a relatively decent amount of money. What they're doing isn't illegal per se but it is shady in a grey market key way (That's how the more legitimate grey market sites get their keys). Also, ironically, greemangaming will permanently ban your account if you try and do a similar thing on their website using a vpn (as will steam, etc), so they obviously think it's not a good thing to be doing.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
So like, are the console versions gonna have a kind of Mass Effect-style choice editor, or will you just start off with a default worldstate?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Eddain posted:

So like, are the console versions gonna have a kind of Mass Effect-style choice editor, or will you just start off with a default worldstate?

Witcher 3 on consoles can simulate world states

It'll also be in the PC version from what I've heard, too.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

No tattoo no sale. :colbert:

Silentgoldfish
Nov 5, 2008
Has there been any word on if the Australian edition has been censored like the Witcher 2 was? We've got a new rating system now but I haven't heard anything one way or the other.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

iGestalt posted:

Witcher 3 on consoles can simulate world states

It'll also be in the PC version from what I've heard, too.

Reminds me of Mass Effect 3.

I swear to god if the ending is a projection of Alvin giving me three extremely stupid choices and all lead to lovely endings I'm gonna be pissed.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
I'm about halfway through The Last Wish and it seems like a collection of short stories. Are they all like this?

I'm enjoying it. Just finding this weird.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Rubicon posted:

I'm about halfway through The Last Wish and it seems like a collection of short stories. Are they all like this?

Some are novels, but by most accounts the short stories are better than the saga.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Rubicon posted:

Yeah, The Last Wish is basically Geralt starring in the Brothers Grimm.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
CDPR I have an idea:

I don't know how much voice actors cost but you will make your money back.

Premium audiobooks of the books as read by the voice actors doing their own parts and of course narrated by Dandelion. Maybe save money by having Dandelion do poor impersonations of the bit parts or people you've never cast, like Neneke.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

CDPR I have an idea:

Premium audiobooks of the books as read by the voice actors doing their own parts and of course narrated by Dandelion. Maybe save money by having Dandelion do poor impersonations of the bit parts or people you've never cast, like Neneke.

Please do this. It would be amazing.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Yaos posted:

There's a huge shitstorm now. Nobody knows who to blame because everybody loves CD Projekt Red and GMG, and everybody knows blame is determined by who you love the least.

To me they've both acting stupid. CDP is becoming way more suit & tie lately. GMG got hosed by it so they did a somewhat dick move in return.

Hopefully they both just move past this immediately, since it's a PR lose-lose situation.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

CottonWolf posted:

Yeah. Geralt not saving Adda seems like a very unGeralt thing to do.

I doubt the default options taken are the ones considered to be the "most canon" so much as they're "this involves the least callbacks to characters and events a new player would probably know nothing about". Same reason Wrex is dead in all the Mass Effect sequels without an import. (Though actually Wrex being dead makes the game better imo)

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Leb posted:

choices

The very first one already got me thinking: Has book Geralt murdered somebody purely because he was a shitheel?
I'm not sure he'd just straight-up assassinate Loredo just to get Roche to help him.

The Sharmat posted:

(Though actually Wrex being dead makes the game better imo)

Why though? Wrex is the best.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

GrossMurpel posted:

Wrex, yes. Wreave being in charge actually gives weight to the genophage argument though. With Wrex you have a guy solidly putting them on an upwards path that doesn't necessarily involve conquest and being giant space lizard dicks. Wreave pretty much says the once the Reapers are down he's taking over, so now the choice is a bit more debatable outside the "Shepard's a genocidal rear end in a top hat" path--adds some tension and conflict whereas with Wrex it's largely a no-brainer.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chn9QN2W5V4

best one so far

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Sankis posted:

Obviously this is just some very meta pre-order marketing for The Witcher 3. They're both right and wrong and this whole situation is very grey. Just like the games!

I really want to get in at that pre-order price. I hope they work something out so I can get a gmg copy without the risk of cd revocation. Totally seems like the internet is going after GMG, though. I imagine talks with GoG failed since CDP didn't want them discounting it any lower than 53.99 matching the other sites.

Edit: Haven't played TW2 since near launch so I can't quite remember... how much does importing a TW1 save affect? I know you get some TW1 themed gear at the beginning of the game but what about after that? Anything worth tracking down a save for?

If you want the game cheap, buy from Nuuvem

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Everything about this is amazing.

Also, I think that letting a certain someone explode might come back to bight me.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I am ready.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

My body is ready (as is my rig, finally!).

Also, g'drat Ciri. Girl can multitask :v:

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

CDPR I have an idea:

Just do it entirely Dandelion, with him doing impressions of everyone else as he reads their lines. And then getting pompous when he reads his.

Also bring Regis back. I know he's dead but man Regis was the best. Death didn't stop Geralt!

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Man I hope this game scales well graphically.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

GMG price is now at 60€.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/de/en/pc/games/action/witcher-3-wild-hunt/

Yay?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Or boo?

I'm not playing this on PC, but the GMG/CDPR thing is mess. Either GMG were selling them as a loss-leader after purchasing them from a third party, who'd purchased them from CDPR, and CDPR were in the wrong, or GMG got them in a shady way. Not knowing which it is, it just makes everyone look bad.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

CottonWolf posted:

Or boo?

I'm not playing this on PC, but the GMG/CDPR thing is mess. Either GMG were selling them as a loss-leader after purchasing them from a third party, who'd purchased them from CDPR, and CDPR were in the wrong, or GMG got them in a shady way. Not knowing which it is, it just makes everyone look bad.

I think GMG just caved because there's no way they came out of this pretty after CDPR went and told their fans not to buy from them. That's the kind of thing that murders consumer trust and they decided they didn't need to be the cheapest choice that badly.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

I was a little put out that my Nvidia copy of W3 was going to be GOG only, but after learning that Galaxy will support achievements I feel better.

...and now after reading that I have to question my life choices. Someone pass me the sword for monsters?

Edit: VVV That's why I did chat over email. Email is easy to reject, chat or a phone call is more interactive--if they would have started to stonewall I could have argued my case a bit more.

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 7, 2015

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

OAquinas posted:

Did a chat session. Just said " I just bought this card (order XXXX), and I just noticed the game offer was updated to include Batman. Given that I'm within the refund period, any chance you could just send me the additional game code?"

No issues, straight up "Certainly excellent customer NAME, here is your new order number, the code will be sent to your email."

I emailed them last night and they got back to me telling me to go pound sand, so I went on chat like you said and got the same response you did.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

GrossMurpel posted:

The very first one already got me thinking: Has book Geralt murdered somebody purely because he was a shitheel?
I'm not sure he'd just straight-up assassinate Loredo just to get Roche to help him.
I'm actually really struggling to think of examples of that.

I still feel comfortable with a 'Book Geralt' letting Henselt die though. I mean, Geralt didn't kill him. Roche did.

GrossMurpel posted:

Exactly. It makes Virmire sting a lot more, makes the stakes and tension more extreme, and even fits the story better. Wrex has pretty well established reasons for turning on you at that point and just finishing a side quest or passing a lightside/darkside check feels as trivial/underwhelming in the story as it does from a game mechanic's standpoint.

Also what the other guy said.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

CDPR I have an idea:

If this weren't more or less impossible I would be all over this.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Holy poo poo I can't wait.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I've been pretty locked down on the media of this game and won't be watching this. Without any particular story spoilers, what's that video show?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Drifter posted:

I've been pretty locked down on the media of this game and won't be watching this. Without any particular story spoilers, what's that video show?

Geralt arguing the concept of mereological nihilism by reducing people claiming to be composite beings into basic objects.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Drifter posted:

It's just cool combat scenes. Pretty drat plot-safe I'd say.

Geralt wearing plate armor is kinda weird.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Drifter posted:

No story spoilers at all besides Ciri gameplay, everything is just the combat.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
What do you think of of the skill tree? It pains me to say that signs don't look that interesting this time around.

It should be illegal to get people this hyped.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I just bought a 980 for this freaking game :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

GrossMurpel posted:

What do you think of of the skill tree? It pains me to say that signs don't look that interesting this time around.

Alchemy looks like great fun. Signs seem to look like they'll only be really useful if you spec that way. Axii mind control is on the second level of the skill tree for example.

• Locked thread