Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Hellsau posted:

I think I have a little Primelaw in me. I'm down for buying them all, getting four more crews with 100% on first skill, and getting to keep good tanks in my garage.

Is the Cromwell B really better than the actual Cromwell? Same HP/t and crazy good terrain resistance and traverse speed would be a nutty buff to an already great tier six.
Yeah, me too... I'm a sucker.

edit: I'm pretty sad that they dropped pref mm from the tanks, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Woooowww I thought for sure that package would be $100+ chocked full of garbage. Rip 85m you weren't good but the Rudy just took a dump on you.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Uranium 235 posted:

I'm pretty sad that they dropped pref mm from the tanks, though.

These stats effectively make them Tier 6.75 tanks with the MM weight of a normal T6. I'm guessing this'll be the new 'premium MM' from now on.

I'm shocked they didn't have the brainwave to make them show up as Tier VI* just for ~extra-speshul~ denotation.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Holy poo poo that Cromwell, just straight up better in every possible way than the regular Cromwell, that was already a good tank. I'm not going to yell "pay to win" but that's still scummy.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

WitchFetish posted:

Holy poo poo that Cromwell, just straight up better in every possible way than the regular Cromwell, that was already a good tank. I'm not going to yell "pay to win" but that's still scummy.

You should get one because I've already told all the pubbies about your Rudy and Cromwell B codes

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Yeah it's insaaaanely hosed up and I'm completely and utterly beyond furious that WG would do such a thing tbh.

Buying it tho.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

WitchFetish posted:

Yeah, uh, what the hell WG. It could have the real 75 mm Mark V and still be on par with that loving mobility.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Unless they want a giant influx of ~P2W~ cash, then two months later (to cut down on the ability to dispute the charge) nerf the tanks to typical premium stats and offer a *gold* rebate. EU players would be able to take them to task, but US players would be up poo poo creek with a golden paddle.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Their policy of never balancing premiums is seriously hosed up.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Random other thought about premium tanks...weren't there murmurings of returning the Super Persh to original armor values?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Random other thought about premium tanks...weren't there murmurings of returning the Super Persh to original armor values?

Why do that when they could just bring the ~Freedom Edition~ Super Pershing up for sale to the PC client (up until now it's been a 360 client exclusive) with the original armor values?

Just in time for the 4th of July! (probably)

Also, I'm not kidding. It's actually called the "T26E4 Freedom": http://worldoftanksxbox360edition.com/encyclopedia/vehicles/usa/t26_e4_superpershing_4july/

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 14:06 on May 7, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

It's not the original values, but yeah it's getting a serious buff with the HD model. Might even be tougher than it was when they first added it.

So y'know, fun times ahead with Spershings and JT88s in every lane.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Atal Vataman posted:

Lol you're delusional if you play this game/are a goon and pretend to not be stupid.

Three games this year? Nahh.

Thanks for the concern, have a great day, tap R three times hold lmb and mouse over enemy tanks.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Ahahahahaha tougher than the original. That thing would swallow shells from the front like the skankiest of whores. GG war gaming I have no idea what you're doing but neither do you.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

xthetenth posted:

Three games this year? Nahh.

Thanks for the concern, have a great day, tap R three times hold lmb and mouse over enemy tanks.

I prefer to shoot fast but go slow. i really like tanks, but i can probably blame my brain damage for that.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

When you think about it, the game went 'P2W' the moment they allowed you to substitute gold outright for xp. You don't even have to earn xp to convert anymore. I have 17,887 Comet xp (I was wrong when I said the Firefly was my highest-tier UK MT) and 62,033 free xp, but for that plus 804g more, I can unlock the Centurion Mk. I. :colbert:

Or skip the remainder of games in my Rhoomba and get into the Pz. IV WT for 3707g. Not that anyone would since the Rhm's still a fun tank even with the vision nerf.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

That's just P2notgrind. P2W is selling a Cromwell with twice as good passability for forty bucks.

e: oh now i get it

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Crucial question about new premiums - does Rudy comes with a dog as a crew member, and if yes, what position is he on?

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Gervasius posted:

Crucial question about new premiums - does Rudy comes with a dog as a crew member, and if yes, what position is he on?

Radio operator

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Gervasius posted:

He takes the place of the radio operator.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
The T1 heavy tank has an optional engine upgrade in its tech tree. Is it worth spending the 15k exp to get it? On one hand, it will give my T1 a bit more pep and allow me to elite it later on. But on the other hand, it just makes moving on to the next heavy tank in the line take 15K longer, and I'm already having a frustrating time with the T1 especially up against KV2s and such.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

TheFluff posted:

He takes the place of the radio operator.

so it doesnt get skills?

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Panfilo posted:

The T1 heavy tank has an optional engine upgrade in its tech tree. Is it worth spending the 15k exp to get it? On one hand, it will give my T1 a bit more pep and allow me to elite it later on. But on the other hand, it just makes moving on to the next heavy tank in the line take 15K longer, and I'm already having a frustrating time with the T1 especially up against KV2s and such.
Stop exposing yourself to them at close quarters while they are loaded, and don't shoot their gun mantlet. There, no more problems with KV-2s.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

He barks when sixth sense goes off

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Am I reading that right the ISU 122s gets a little more HP, little better VW, and better DPM than the 122-44?

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

So I guess the Cromwell B is replacing the Type 64 as the go-to tier 6 stronghold tank? I see no reason to run all Type 64s now.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Atal Vataman posted:

so it doesnt get skills?

nope

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

pun pundit posted:

He barks when sixth sense goes off

Don't tease me... Please tell me it's true. :3:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
MFW my M4 Sherman gets top damage, the most kills and a Scout Medal in a Tier VI game.

>> REPLAY <<

:gonk:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Soulfucker posted:

You should get one because I've already told all the pubbies about your Rudy and Cromwell B codes

I fookin H8 U m8

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Am I reading that right the ISU 122s gets a little more HP, little better VW, and better DPM than the 122-44?

It's a slightly improved version of the the SU-152 but the SU-152 isn't exactly overpowered so whatever. It won't be as good as the 122-44, what with the whole "slow as balls box tank" bit.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Prav posted:

It's a slightly improved version of the the SU-152 but the SU-152 isn't exactly overpowered so whatever. It won't be as good as the 122-44, what with the whole "slow as balls box tank" bit.

Yea the maneuverability is what makes it work. Well and the obscene DPM.

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Does anybody solopub the T-62A, and if you do, how do you win games in it?

I used to solopub my 62a before I got my 140, now I find the missing depression to be hugely annoying and I never play my 62a. Both tanks play the same-ish though, they excel at letting you capitalize on any mistakes made by your enemies. I feel like the 140 is a little better at it, but the differences honestly aren't game breaking. It's standard medium stuff: make sure you flank nasty TDs, avoid head on fights if at all possible and if not possible then make sure you turn it into a knife fight, you'll win almost all of those. Make sure you are constantly moving and angling your hull, and thatnobody is ever shooting at your hull at less than maybe a 30° angle. You will bounce tons and tons of poo poo with it. Keep the fight moving so that you can abuse your on the move accuracy.

When you're solo the only thing that really changes is that you need to make sure you don't put yourself in a spot where you're going to end up 1v1 vs a Batchat (or any autoloader), because dying in one clip to some shitlord in your tier 10 russian medium is embarassing. A lot of times this means you can't go to the places you might in a platoon, like taking and controlling the hill on Mines or Karelia, so you just need to be patient and use your excellent turret armor to try and do some damage without taking any in return. This stuff gets me about a 56.5%-57% win rate when I solo, which isn't amazing buy I'm okay with it.

Speaking of, people who solo, what win rate can you get at tier 10? I've never been able to get above like 58% consistently and I'm wondering if that's because I'm bad or if that's just the most that you'll reasonably see when you only control 1/30th of the game.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
The Rudy and Cromwell are great tanks, the IS-2 and ISU-122S are good tanks because they're just tech tree tanks. Buy the package if you want two good tier 7s, otherwise buy the Cromwell and Rudy.

They make good credits, got 49k-53k for a win on all 4. Strongholds are gonna be so fun.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Uranium 235 posted:

I originally learned about it from a QB video, so to make sure it was true for the release version I just bought one and tested it with my T-62A commander in it - the dog does indeed bark when your sixth sense goes off.
E: It replaces your normal Sixth Sense sound when in the Rudy, at least for right now.

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 15:22 on May 7, 2015

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Uranium 235 posted:

It's true. QB did a review of it and yeah, dog barks when the 6th sense warning appears.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

WitchFetish posted:

I fookin H8 U m8

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
Welp, I just got the 4 pack

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Gods work. More then 15 years and it is still amazing when you do that to people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
For those of you who are giving me flack for not using a rammer on every tank, my inspiration for that was this article: http://wotlabs.net/articles/rethinking-rammer/. But I can put it back on all my tanks.