Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

ayn rand hand job posted:

Kids are into Mighty Mouse, at least the last time Vince checked.
That would mean Vince finally discovered the Bakshi version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

quote:

I saw the whole fight and all the ballyhoo before it. May vs Pac did not live up to any of its hype. Casual fans wanted to see someone lose by a KO, what they got was 12 rounds of hugs with both men acting super proud at the end. I love WWE because 9 times out of 10 someone is going to lose after one man/ woman hits their opponent with a finishing move and loses. The decision is actually decisive and the loser doesn't stand tall after. It may be predetermined and scripted, but the action of WWE is unmatched and I am normally thoroughly entertained by at least 1 match on any given night.

Thank you for sports entertainment WWE.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I dunno what "sports entertainment" they watch, because "I didn't lose clean" is a storyline they revisit like 20 times a year.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
They obviously don't watch Raw where 9 times of 10 the match ends in a DQ/double countout/other bullshit

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Not only that, but these are essentially both top 5 fighters, the chances it would end by KO or even TKO were pretty drat slim.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Was this dude watching a different match or something?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ShootaBoy posted:

This was a common reaction to the match.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ShootaBoy posted:

Dave Meltzer: Stupid wrestling fan.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

which match was better?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
The tag title match.

I mean, it's about the most subjective thing in the world, but you asked.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

quote:

Wrestling is Greek theatre. It's guys like Meltzer and dummies who give matches stars and pop for spots instead of the nadir to finish journey of a match. They just miss the point of pro wrestling.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I guess I'm the stupid fan then :shrug:. Match bored the poo poo out of me. Some of the spots were cool but it just went on forever and a day.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

That's...hmmm

Isn't one of Dave's criteria how well a match flows from start to finish, as well as telling a story? Possibly how well the story of the match flows from start to finish?

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Madtrixr posted:

That's...hmmm

Isn't one of Dave's criteria how well a match flows from start to finish, as well as telling a story? Possibly how well the story of the match flows from start to finish?

A lot of people who slam Meltzer have never actually read the guy it seems. He's always portrayed as the uber negative smark cliche, but Dave's always struck me as a guy who wants to like anything and is super fair.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Isn't the point of pro wrestling to make money?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

dsriggs posted:

Pro wrestling is art

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TNAsylum is straight up posting JSO's fanfics now

quote:

The decor here is overtly feminine, even girlish in a childlike manner. Everywhere you look are bright pinks and sky blues, soft lighting and toys... lots of toys. In normal circumstances you can call it cute, but I find it oddly unsettling as I stand alone in its surroundings, waiting for my hostesses to come for me. Soon, the rhythmic click of high heel shoes approach and I become more nervous.

A woman with wild, corkscrew hair appears. She looks at me, almost accusingly with one hand on a cocked hip and the other holding the end of a lollipop that protrudes from her bright purple lips. After what seems like an eternity she says, "I'm Marti".... "Yes, I know," I reply. "We've met before." She squints at me as if I've said the wrong thing, but rather than reprimand me, she simply says "Let's go" and turns her back to me. I hesitate a moment before following. "You've got five minutes," she says over her shoulder, "so you better play nice."

This time there was no invitation in the mail, no clandestine meeting and no masks to conceal their identities. This time it was me who reached out to them and to my surprise, they accepted. Our last meeting left me with more questions than it did answers but at least, two weeks ago on Impact, some of those questions were answered. The Dollhouse.... that's what they call themselves – a gang of three attractive yet deadly women, who had preached to me that they were going to bring change to the TNA Knockouts Division, were now doing just that and whilst last time I wanted to know who they were, this time I wanted to know why they were. What purpose does this "house" serve?

Marti leads me to a room which can only be described as a boudoir. It is atmospheric; scented candles burn and all around the room are bowls of candy. In this place, Jade, her blue/black pigtails hanging down around her face, sits at a children's desk that is far too small for her athletic, womanly frame. As I enter the room she pays no attention to me but rather seems to be drawing on a page with a crayon. I stretch my neck to see what the picture is without getting too close but before I can, I jump, startled by the voice behind me.

"Did you come alone?"

A beautiful blonde with an appearance almost as striking as the championship gold on her shoulder steps out from behind me.

"Yes, Taryn, I did," I reply.

"Good," she says, before taking a seat on a leather recliner between Jade and Marti. "So what do you want to know?"

My mind races with a dozen questions but before I can ask one, the Knockouts Champion fires back, "because whatever it is, you can forget it. I'm going to tell you what you need to know."

Already I can see that in this house, I'm not in control and the smart thing would be to let the women who are in control, say what they have to say.

"What you're seeing on Impact Wrestling is the beginning of a new era for women's wrestling," Taryn says. "For too long this industry has treated women like play things, rag dolls to be pulled out, dressed up and made to look, act and wrestle in a certain way. Then, when the industry is finished with them, they are thrown away, discarded like an old toy. For generations we have watched as our sisters sacrificed their bodies, their hearts... only to be mocked, degraded and used – and for what? For an industry that doesn't care about them? We're here to change that."

"Do you hate this industry?" I nervously ask.

The question obviously tickles Taryn because she laughs. "No," she says boldly. "No, I love it, and The Dollhouse are going to make it better than it's ever been. But don't try and tell me that when people look at me, they don't just see blonde hair and big boobs."

I don't argue this because sadly, to a lot of misguided people, that is all they see in Taryn Terrell. For many, that's all they see in women's wrestling, period.

"I know," she continues "that this business wants me to be a nice little dolly, to smile and to slap hands and for far too long, I did that, but not anymore. Where did all that slapping hands and being a goody two shoes get me?"

I stupidly suggest that maybe her good attitude contributed towards her reaching the levels of Knockouts Champion, but Taryn is quick to shoot that down.

"I don't have this championship because of my attitude, and I drat sure don't have it because of my looks. I have it because I earned it."

At this point, Jade giggles to herself but does not break her concentration from her drawing. I stare at her briefly, trying to figure out what's going on in the mind of one of TNA's newest Knockouts, but that seems like a job I don't have time for today, so I return to my questions.

"Why now?" I ask. "Why start by taking out Awesome Kong? I mean, Kong has made a career out of going against what this industry expects women to be. Wouldn't she be a good addition to the Dollhouse? Or Gail Kim, for that matter?"

"This is not some kind of social club," Taryn snaps. "You don't just become a doll, you earn it."

"What about Jade and Marti? Have they earned it?"

With a wry smile, Taryn cryptically says, "You have to climb a lot of mountains to reach the valley of the dolls."

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I've heard that before.

"Okay, so what's next?" I ask. "Where is The Dollhouse going from here?"

The Knockouts Champion rises from her leather throne and steps forward until we are face to face, and I immediately forget what I'd asked. Instead I am captivated by her beauty. Taryn has always been beautiful, but now there is something extra, something unspoken about her. It's in her body language, her mannerisms. She has the confidence of someone who is finally being herself, after years of pretending to be someone else.

"Ask me again why we took out Kong first," she prompts.

"Why did you take out Kong first?" I repeat.

"Because she is the biggest and the baddest and when you want to make a statement, you take out people like that. Just like you do when you take out legends like Gail Kim. Just like you do when you send nosy, opinionated writers away with a special message."

Marti and Jade rise from where they sit and join Taryn in front of me. I am so distracted by what they're doing that I don't notice that the two women have something in their hands. Taryn smiles and winks at me, making me more afraid than it should. Quickly, Jade and Marti grab one of my arms each and hold me in place. I struggle to free myself, but their grip is deceptively strong. Taryn takes the piece of paper from Jade that she had been drawing on, and stuffs it into my pocket. Taryn then is handed something from Marti which she conceals in her hand..

"I want you to go back with a message for the Knockouts Division. Post it on your little website or do what you want, but make sure they know... The Dollhouse are here and we are not here to play."

With that, Taryn reaches up with her elegant, manicured fingers, opens my mouth and stuffs a jawbreaker into it. Marti and Jade release their grip and all three women cackle manically at me. My time, in the Valley of the Dolls, is over.

It is only hours later when I am back home and alone, that I remember the piece of paper that had been stuffed in my pocket. I take it out and unfold it in front of me. What I thought had been a picture that Jade had been drawing is actually a list. It is a list of names that The Dollhouse plan to rid TNA of and at the very top are Awesome Kong and Gail Kim... but there are others too, and if people think The Dollhouse are playing around, they're about to find out otherwise.

http://www.tnasylum.com/2015/05/the-valley-of-dolls.html

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

dsriggs posted:

Yes, this is why Kevin Nash is the greatest wrestler of all time.

This is also why I get such a laugh out of Al Snow, since he has the same philosophy about wrestling as Nash, that it's an artless business existing only to make money, but Al Snow never really drew a dime even in the heyday of Head, and as far as I know was never really a particularly well paid guy.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
How do the TNA fansites feel about The Force's huge day.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So I made a comment on the youtube video of Jeff Hardy breaking his leg and there are now two gigantic retards having a slapfight in my comments thread over absolutely nothing.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

TNAsylum is straight up posting JSO's fanfics now

http://www.tnasylum.com/2015/05/the-valley-of-dolls.html

Alright I know this place is hilarious already but they actually post self-insert fanfic as articles?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Under the vegetable posted:

Yes, this is why Kevin Nash is the greatest wrestler of all time.

This is also why I get such a laugh out of Al Snow, since he has the same philosophy about wrestling as Nash, that it's an artless business existing only to make money, but Al Snow never really drew a dime even in the heyday of Head, and as far as I know was never really a particularly well paid guy.

Well, Kevin Nash never drew either, so they have that much in common

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11230977/1/Why-Chris-Why

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I read the URL and expected this to be about Chris Jericho raping an "unwilling" John Cena.

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008
The Ringside Confessions tumblr really should be posted in this thead multiple times a day. I honestly do not know what show those people are watching, because you get countless posts about how Kane is underrated and Nikki Bella is the best technical wrestler on the roster.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ENOUGH! IS ENOUGH! AND IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE!

hahahaha and apparently Bob Ryder showed up to chat with the faithful too. I'm not gonna link every comment, here's Ryder's discus.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 7, 2015

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
That would be like a dumbass football forum not allowing Adam Schefter's reports.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The amount of hate TNAMecca has for Dave's dry reporting of the facts is just adorable. Reality has an anti-TNA bias!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Does TNAMecca think that, if we lived in a world where Meltzer didn't exist, TNA would be a big success? Do they just not like the mean man telling people bad TNA numberes?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triplexpac posted:

Does TNAMecca think that, if we lived in a world where Meltzer didn't exist, TNA would be a big success? Do they just not like the mean man telling people bad TNA numberes?

It seems like they're just convinced he's lying and TNA's doing just fine!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thauros posted:

It seems like they're just convinced he's lying and TNA's doing just fine!

Which is hilarious since Meltzer has been talking up TNA like it's the best show on TV recently.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Also I'm pretty sure that Meltzer would love nothing more than if there were multiple promotions in the U.S. that were flourishing.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

Which is hilarious since Meltzer has been talking up TNA like it's the best show on TV recently.

Yeah I almost considered watching TNA again, listening to him and Bryan talk about the James Storm/Mickie James angle being the best thing going.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

TNA's not even funny bad anymore. It's just bland and inoffensive like 2001 WCW.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
I caught the last Impact and it was pretty good but I can't help but feel a morbid curiosity about a company putting out a good product at its lowest point of relevance ever and teetering ever closer on death's door.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Luigi Thirty posted:

TNA's not even funny bad anymore. It's just bland and inoffensive like 2001 WCW.

2001 WCW was actually pretty good. Something about the death of the company woke up at least someone there.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Blast Fantasto posted:

Also I'm pretty sure that Meltzer would love nothing more than if there were multiple promotions in the U.S. that were flourishing.

I wonder if Bryan still pines for a SOLID GOLD BOAT

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Luigi Thirty posted:

TNA is the Sugar Ray of wrestling promotions.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

God in heaven TNA is still in business?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

TNA is the Sugar Ray of wrestling promotions.

They're actually the Crazy Town, breh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWHDO8WQYBE