Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
It's pretty lame really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

$100 for stolen horse vagina models has nothing on thirty cents for a pair of shoes that let you jump high enough to crash the game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

like half of the terrible mods are really obviously people who hated the idea of paid mods and wanted to make that clear in their descriptions and pricing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

can you like do anything with the horse vaginas or are they just there?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I missed hella-chat but there's definitely a young lady (~23) in my grad program in the south who's from new england and says "hella" occasionally without a shred of irony, so I can confirm that this is in no way limited to norcal

Hope this update was helpful in solving the riddle

Sakurazuka posted:

can you like do anything with the horse vaginas or are they just there?

Anything you can do with a people vagina, my friend

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
That's hella tight yo .

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
people in oregon say "hella"

the reason Life is Strange sounds awkward is because it was written by French mans, not because it was written by your grandfather

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
where i work tight actually means bad. i try telling them when i was a kid tight meant good but all i get is puzzled looks.

this is what it is like to be out of the loop

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i am bullshit about how wicked stupid all this slang is.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
for cereal?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

VideoGames posted:

where i work tight actually means bad. i try telling them when i was a kid tight meant good but all i get is puzzled looks.

this is what it is like to be out of the loop

What crappy place do you live?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Adam Bowen posted:

he's in the UK somewhere, one can tell from his imp zone posts.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Adam Bowen posted:

crappy? why is it crappy? language changes.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
wicked tight yo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh god you have no idea how traumatized i am by new england's overuse of the word "wicked" growing up

wicked hella crappy bro

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

precision posted:

oh god you have no idea how traumatized i am by new england's overuse of the word "wicked" growing up

wicked hella crappy bro

Cheaze (cheers)

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The best part about living in the PST is we are the only English speaking people in the world without a stupid accent

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

precision posted:

wicked hella crappy bro

wicked has a lot of utility and it's okay that it's overused. it's just "very."

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot

Adam Bowen posted:

The best part about living in the PST is we are the only English speaking people in the world without a stupid accent

A nontrivial number of people in my town pronounce this state as Warshington tho

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Hawaiian Shirt posted:

A nontrivial number of people in my town pronounce this state as Warshington tho

Midwest accent best accent

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Hawaiian Shirt posted:

your only solution is to kill them

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

check out this list of video games that use a really good location for their setting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_in_fiction#Videogames

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
idk what this chat is for but hopefully you can answer my question, I've never played Stalker before should I play Call of Pripyat or Shadow or Chernobyl? thank you

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i used to live in boston and i liked to pretend i was james spader or william shatner walking around the city

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

ArtIsResistance posted:

idk what this chat is for but hopefully you can answer my question, I've never played Stalker before should I play Call of Pripyat or Shadow or Chernobyl? thank you

whichever is the later one, call of pripyat iirc. the first is super difficult in kinda bullshit ways

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

VideoGames posted:

i used to live in boston and i liked to pretend i was james spader or william shatner walking around the city

should have stayed in the greatest city in the world, where one of our bars might like even be open past 9:30 now, and the public transit was only shut down for a week because of the snow.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Hawaiian Shirt posted:

Washington is so close to Canada that you start to blend in with them, you're only partially in the PST club sorry

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Excels posted:

Pandaria still kind of seems like an april fools joke that someone said "lets go all the way and make it real"

WoW has a bunch of chinese players and they seem to like the pandas instead of find them insulting as hell, and Blizzard has been trying for years to make a version of the pandas that the Chinese government won't get mad about because those guys are so insane they think they own the copyright on an animal. They probably thought an expansion that directly panders to China would swell the userbase massively, instead it just made all the western players gently caress right off.

Apparently a lot of people dropped off during Cata but I don't see why, it was pretty good. I guess they were old players who were mad the content they grinded back in the day was just gone now.

Personally i couldn't tell you specifically why WoW is less interesting now than it used to be, by all standards it's a better put together game with less grind and less reused content. But boy is it boring.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

panders to China

haha

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

whichever is the later one, call of pripyat iirc. the first is super difficult in kinda bullshit ways

is pripyat also somewhat difficult? I like hard games a lot but bullshit difficulty is kinda ehhhh

alternatively here's my steam games list, someone tell me which new video game to play otherwise idk I'll just play through bionic commando rearmed since that game was hellawesome

ArtIsResistance fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 7, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ArtIsResistance posted:

is pripyat also somewhat difficult? I like hard games a lot but bullshit difficulty is kinda ehhhh

alternatively here's my steam games list, someone tell me which new video game to play otherwise idk I'll just play through bionic commando rearmed since that game was hellawesome

dude you haven't played bit trip runner yet? get on that poo poo, game owns hard

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

yeah, i never finished it but it's still a pretty hardcore shooter, lotsa firefights at 100+m and stuff; but at least it starts you off with an AK rather than a pistol

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

WoW has a bunch of chinese players and they seem to like the pandas instead of find them insulting as hell, and Blizzard has been trying for years to make a version of the pandas that the Chinese government won't get mad about because those guys are so insane they think they own the copyright on an animal. They probably thought an expansion that directly panders to China would swell the userbase massively, instead it just made all the western players gently caress right off.

Apparently a lot of people dropped off during Cata but I don't see why, it was pretty good. I guess they were old players who were mad the content they grinded back in the day was just gone now.

Personally i couldn't tell you specifically why WoW is less interesting now than it used to be, by all standards it's a better put together game with less grind and less reused content. But boy is it boring.

They've streamlined WoW so much that there's really nothing left of it. I can't point to any one specific feature and say that specific thing was better when it was more frustrating, but the net effect of all those good changes has been to produce something that feels completely bland and lifeless.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Lurdiak posted:

There's a variety of reasons that Cata was a failure, such as the raiding content being tuned too difficult which alienated the more casual playerbase, then they undertuned the content and scared away the other half of the playerbase, and since they were renovating the 1-80 content there was noticeably less content at max level, but the biggest problem with Cata was the fact that it wasn't Wrath of the Lich King. Wotlk was when the endgame was the most accessible and had the best designed raiding content, they didn't make anything as good as Ulduar for years. The lich king storyline was the only one that people actually cared about, and its hard to make people give a poo poo about some dragon that most players haven't heard of.

The game has been on a natural decline and always will be, because who the gently caress wants to keep playing the same game for a decade? The raiding game is legitimately at the best its ever been, but its still the same gameplay.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

ArtIsResistance posted:

Blacklist. You have it and never played :/

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Adam Bowen posted:

They've streamlined WoW so much that there's really nothing left of it. I can't point to any one specific feature and say that specific thing was better when it was more frustrating, but the net effect of all those good changes has been to produce something that feels completely bland and lifeless.

Apexis Crystals. JUST GIVE JP/VP AND gently caress GARRISON SERIOUSLY

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Broseph Brostar posted:

The game has been on a natural decline and always will be, because who the gently caress wants to keep playing the same game for a decade? The raiding game is legitimately at the best its ever been, but its still the same gameplay.

This is what it comes down to. The game has been out forever and it's just a matter of losing relevance because most people who would be interested in playing it have. Only so many expansions can come out before even the the weirdest die-hard fans are ready for something else. Hell, I used to have a passionate hatred for the game and genre but it's hard to really give a poo poo about it anymore.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Anyone know if that racist steampunk version of Terraria gets any better after you exit the first town?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sakurazuka posted:

They don't?

I'm 20 and I say "hell of" but mostly because Achewood is a surprisingly big chunk of my vocabulary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

precision posted:

dude you haven't played bit trip runner yet? get on that poo poo, game owns hard

not interested in arcade indie crap, I have a phone!

theultimo posted:

Blacklist. You have it and never played :/

yeahhhh bought it for me and a friend since the co-op in conviction was so amazing but we just never got around to it

StashAugustine posted:

yeah, i never finished it but it's still a pretty hardcore shooter, lotsa firefights at 100+m and stuff; but at least it starts you off with an AK rather than a pistol

hell yeah I am pumped to play it now

• Locked thread