Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Power level chat is the highest form of chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

life_source posted:

Interesting ask from a while ago:

So in terms of power,

7. Splashmaster
6. Noisemaster
5. Mutemaster
4. Rosemaster
3. Crystal Kingdom DM
2. Glitchmaster
1. Nightmare Knight

With it being roughly a three ranking increase for using the Hocus Crocus. So Rosemaster is either as powerful, or more powerful that Glitchmaster right now.

Considering this is basically RPG world, villains getting sequentially more powerful isn't really unexpected.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

Power level chat is the highest form of chat.
My interest level in this conversation... it's over 9000!

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Paul.Power posted:

There's also the Sky Kingdom's DM as well, who I guess will show up between Crystal Kingdom and Glitchmaster.

WELP. Ignore me. I'm an idiot and an rear end in a top hat.

I mostly posted that because I was wondering if Rosemasterx2 was actually an equal to Glitchmaster, or if Cucumer and Carrot would run on the Glitch master saying "You disappoint me... Thornmaster." while formatting her.

And Gigi posted another ask that was from before this page that confirms any kind of power ranking system is basically DBZ levels of meaningless.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

life_source posted:

WELP. Ignore me. I'm an idiot and an rear end in a top hat.

I mostly posted that because I was wondering if Rosemasterx2 was actually an equal to Glitchmaster, or if Cucumer and Carrot would run on the Glitch master saying "You disappoint me... Thornmaster." while formatting her.

And Gigi posted another ask that was from before this page that confirms any kind of power ranking system is basically DBZ levels of meaningless.

Power metrics never matter because even if the author gives a poo poo about them, they'll still just give people arbitrary power-ups as the plot demands.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Has this; http://asofterquest.tumblr.com/ already been talked about?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i find it funny that i feel bad for noisemaster but like

obviously he couldn't be allowed to succeed, much like rosemaster and the rest of the disaster masters cannot be allowed either

splashmaster just needs a giant baby corral in the ocean

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tollymain posted:

i find it funny that i feel bad for noisemaster but like

obviously he couldn't be allowed to succeed, much like rosemaster and the rest of the disaster masters cannot be allowed either

That's pretty much the only reason to feel sympathy for any of the disaster masters, since succeeding would make them instantly irredeemable.

The great villain contradiction. You can like 'em when they fail but you can't like 'em if they win. EG: Team Rocket

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Well I did not see that coming

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

http://ask.fm/gigideegee/answer/127067208930

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
What a curiously Cucumber-shaped silhouette in the penultimate panel.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
man, peridot can't control herself for two seconds :allears:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just looked at my RSS feed for this comic, and she's not really able to keep to her "update at least 3 times a week" schedule that she listed as a stretch goal on Kickstarter. The last update was on the 2nd. I haven't seen her update the site with any of these downtimes, and I stopped following her on Twitter. Normally I wouldn't complain about free entertainment, but I did put in $80 towards her Kickstarter for the books.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

IUG posted:

I just looked at my RSS feed for this comic, and she's not really able to keep to her "update at least 3 times a week" schedule that she listed as a stretch goal on Kickstarter. The last update was on the 2nd. I haven't seen her update the site with any of these downtimes, and I stopped following her on Twitter. Normally I wouldn't complain about free entertainment, but I did put in $80 towards her Kickstarter for the books.

Recently, though, wasn't it the case that updates were delayed due to TCAF?

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

graybook posted:

Recently, though, wasn't it the case that updates were delayed due to TCAF?

In fact the main landing page for the comic literally said the comic would start updating after she got back from TCAF. :v:

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

IUG posted:

I mean it sucks that she doesn't have a big enough buffer to accommodate for TCAF but like you said you put $80 towards her Kickstarter for books. As far as Kickstarters not delivering on things that seems pretty forgivable. Would you be upset if you had put that money in and the KS hadn't reached the stretch goal at all?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

IUG posted:

poo poo happens, she's been really good about getting updates out in the past, there's lots of other stuff out there to read in the meantime.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I wonder if she'll extend the update schedule a bit to compensate.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Oh, I didn't see any news that she was going anywhere. In fact, I'm looking now, and I still don't see anything. After every page is just a comment on the current page, and that's it. This is all I see:

quote:

page 609
Published on May 1, 2015 by gigi

Where are you guys seeing these announcements?
EDIT: I'm not mad, I just know it was one of her goals, and I didn't see any prior warning. And since I can't find the announcements you guys are talking about, I assume she only said it off site?

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
The front page of the website.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

IUG posted:

Oh, I didn't see any news that she was going anywhere. In fact, I'm looking now, and I still don't see anything. After every page is just a comment on the current page, and that's it. This is all I see:

Where are you guys seeing these announcements?
EDIT: I'm not mad, I just know it was one of her goals, and I didn't see any prior warning. And since I can't find the announcements you guys are talking about, I assume she only said it off site?

It was on the main page until she came back today.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

:confused: That's all I see on http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/

I must be extremely thick or something.

EDIT:

Saigyouji posted:

It was on the main page until she came back today.
Ah, I read via RSS, so I don't even see this page normally.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
i guess im a nautilus cause i don't know what nautilus / peridot / caboodle have to do with things

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

dragon enthusiast posted:

i guess im a nautilus cause i don't know what nautilus / peridot / caboodle have to do with things

Only the royal family got kidnapped.
Nautilus is royalty so she got kidnapped too
Wonder why Peridot and Caboodle got kidnapped I wonder.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-604/

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Think about their names

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

Think about their names

Haha, wow. Just realized that. So that's why they were singled out. Welp, I'm dense.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Peridot's next hysterical outburst regarding her puppy love is going to be quite flooring, methinks.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Think about their names

oh! I see

But I still don't know why that would cause them to be important enough to be captured

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Everyone else has a flower.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Guys! Guys! Bacon doesn't have a flower associated with his name either!

He's the hero Dreamside needs right now.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Dr Christmas posted:

Guys! Guys! Bacon doesn't have a flower associated with his name either!

He's the hero Dreamside needs right now.

How does it feel to be wrong

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

oh! I see

But I still don't know why that would cause them to be important enough to be captured

Nautilus is royalty and is well-versed in the ancient legends, and has the best chance, however slim it is, of recognizing the Flower Kingdom's princess on sight

Peridot can't keep her big dumb mouth shut long enough to keep from spoiling the plot

Caboodle's a hunk and Rosemaster wants a piece of that all to herself :v:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

oh! I see

Rosemaster has powers of some kind that probably have to do with mind control or memory erasure. They probably only work on the people who are named after things that have flowers or are flowers. She had to capture all the people who didn't have flower names (remember she also erased their existence from the memories of Cucumber and the others).

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Looks Like Peridot has been playing some GTAV cause she just got Wasted

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Add that last panel to cqfaces.png

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Who the gently caress are all these characters? Gigi keeps introducing new ones constantly this chapter.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Stormgale posted:

Looks Like Peridot has been playing some GTAV cause she just got Wasted

Oh yeah, that whole forget me not magic thing, starting to come back to me now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
That last panel is the best.

Also Cucumber freaking out is cute too.