Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
lol the south is poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

PUNITIVE DAMAGES YESSSSSSS

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Rice gruel, oatmeal and cream of wheat are good, so I'm not really seeing your point. And it's more like couscous or bulgur wheat then gruel anyway.

I like quinoa pretty well specifically and explicitly because it's basically slightly different textured couscous (which is itself delicious and the correct texture) with a somewhat lower glycemic index.

Very nearly 100% of my family that lives long enough develops at least mild diabetes, so I'm intensely interested in postponing my inevitable heightened medical expenses by a few years/months.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Badger of Basra posted:

i knew that i just meant why was he posting about that today

because that news is from today?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

they knew
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/listeria-found-blue-bell-ice-cream-plant-2013-30880007

quote:

Blue Bell ice cream had evidence of listeria bacteria in its Oklahoma manufacturing plant as far back as March 2013, a government investigation released Thursday says. The company then continued to ship ice cream produced in that plant after what the Food and Drug Administration says was inadequate cleaning.

Three listeria deaths in Kansas are now linked to the ice cream. The company recalled all of its products last month, following several smaller recalls.

The FDA released its investigations into Blue Bell's plants in Oklahoma, Texas and Alabama after a Freedom of Information request by The Associated Press. The most extensive violations were found in Oklahoma, where the FDA released 16 separate positive tests for listeria on equipment and in ice cream from March 2013 through January 2015.

Blue Bell did not immediately respond to a phone call or email seeking comment.

Violations in the Oklahoma plant include dirty equipment, inadequate food storage, food being held at improper temperatures and employees not washing hands adequately.

There were also violations at the Texas and Alabama plants. In Alabama, FDA investigators observed at least two employees working with the food wearing soiled clothing. In Texas, investigators saw condensation dripping directly into food and onto surfaces that came directly in contact with food. In all of the plants, the FDA found dirty equipment and infrastructure that made cleaning difficult.
:stare:

So basically

zoux posted:

Welp, RIP Blue Bell Ice Cream.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

mooyashi posted:

Listeria in OK plant dating back to 2013. Three dead in Kansas so far.

Oh dear.

zoux posted:

they knew

OH DEAR.

Lucky for me that I'm a Haagen-Dasz man.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hope Blue Bell execs have escape plans.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

euphronius posted:

they've already strapped on their golden parachutes

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

euphronius posted:

They most certainly already do. I wonder if they have liability in this.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

euphronius posted:

being really rich? maybe it's the cynicism speaking but after becoming acquainted with the terrible poo poo food companies have done/still do and the little actual ramifications for it I'm not hoping for much outside of some fines

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

tbh blue bell really isn't anything special

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sinnlos posted:

They most certainly already do. I wonder if they have liability in this.

yes if they had personal knowledge and acted negligently.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Basically, with this new info it's amazing that it's taken until now for people to start getting sick/dying in large numbers, especially with how widespread Blue Bell ice cream is.

Blue Bell might have had a chance at recovering from this before, but now they're dead listeria-infected ice cream walking

fade5 fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 7, 2015

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

it's probably treason to say that as a texan, but it's the truth.

though i've never been much of an ice cream person anyway

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh and derivative suits as well lol. So many happy lawyers.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

euphronius posted:

you should feel bad about being so giddy

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

tbh blue bell really isn't anything special

their icecream is p killer tho

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

major company ignores issue and avoids taking simple measures to preventing deaths, color me surprised.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

joeburz posted:

major company ignores issue and avoids taking simple measures to preventing deaths, color me surprised.

ain't no body got time for social responsibility

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

ain't no body got time for social responsibility

do you think "corporate social responsibility" was bullshit the moment it was invented

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spaceman Future! posted:

their icecream is p killer tho

Esp death by chocolate

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

can someone explain the stickied thread to me

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Badger of Basra posted:

do you think "corporate social responsibility" was bullshit the moment it was invented

i have a degree in public relations, so yes.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

a friend of mine went to a €10000 one year business school after finishing her, for comparison, €650 a year history degree at a normal uni and corporate social responsibility is one of the things she just absolutely clings to to avoid the inevitable conclusion that everyone in that school should've been shot the moment they walked through the door.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Badger of Basra posted:

dont worry, the free market can solve this

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

on the rare occasion i buy ice cream, it's usually HEB brand. they make good ice cream.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

euphronius posted:

You're an unabashed rear end in a top hat

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

R. Mute posted:

a friend of mine went to a €10000 one year business school after finishing her, for comparison, €650 a year history degree at a normal uni and corporate social responsibility is one of the things she just absolutely clings to to avoid the inevitable conclusion that everyone in that school should've been shot the moment they walked through the door.

its a good idea in concept, but companies only largely do it for the "good karma" when the gently caress something up or as cheap advertising.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

on the rare occasion i buy ice cream, it's usually HEB brand. they make good ice cream.

heb is the greatest business in the u.s.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

m..my gf..

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

heb is the greatest business in the u.s.

:agreed:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

i heard heb is gonna start microbrewing in some of their stores, or some poo poo like that

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

can someone explain the stickied thread to me

peeps afraid of chat thread wanted a chat thread i looked for a joke and couldnt find one

:confused:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Popular Thug Drink posted:

imo if you drink a case or pint.5 a day thats when it goes from functional to don't kid yourself

well yeah that's 80+ drinks a week which puts you in the at least the top ten perctile of reported drinkers

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

merge the threads, bring the thread fresh bloods

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Spaceman Future! posted:

you know what seems to be a good thing to toss back at 3:39pm on a thursday? Im thinking Goose Island Matilda.

yeaaaaahhhhhh boy

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Badger of Basra posted:

tbh i find it nice in thought but its usually bad in execution

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

You're an unabashed rear end in a top hat

Yes I suppose that was callous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Spaceman Future! posted:

peeps afraid of chat thread wanted a chat thread i looked for a joke and couldnt find one

:confused:

idk wht peeps afraif od this thread. i ain't even post in really any other dad place, and y'all sort of accept me as gay white noise

• Locked thread