Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Saw somebody unironocally post on fb that he'd love Golson to come to UGA.

Dawg you really wanna see a turnover machine in Brian Schottenheimer's offense? Really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

That gator will never get old.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Dawg you really wanna see a turnover machine in Brian Schottenheimer's offense? Really?

I do, it would be doubly hilarious to me

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Like 99% of this thread loved the Sanchize Era

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Everybody loves it when it isn't happening to them.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@APMarkLong: Lots of talk/speculation about Notre Dame QB Everett Golson possibly landing at Florida. ...

@APMarkLong: Gators' Jim McElwain said at recent Gator Club gathering that "there may be some additions (at QB) as we keep rolling through the summer.”

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
This is the saddest "The Decision" ever

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

It's amazing how desperate the quarterback situation is at so many SEC schools.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I came across this from an article from January.

quote:

SEC Bylaw 14.1.15.1 (d) of the Graduate Student Exception

(d) The student-athlete has not been subject to official university or athletics department disciplinary action at any time during enrollment at any previous collegiate institution (excluding limited discipline applied by a sports team).

It seems that would prevent Golson from transferring to an SEC school given his 2013 suspension.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Korranus posted:

The SEC Network is now the #5 sports network in the country by revenue. It earns as much as the Big Ten network, the Pac 12 Network, and ESPNU combined.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/the-15-most-valuable-sports-networks-050715

Its because ESPN bundles it and requires you to get it as part of an ESPN package, just like the Big Ten Network forced itself onto basic cable packages in order to get on the map. I've switched over to Sling TV and even there you have to get the SEC Network if you want more than the basic ESPN/ESPN2 channels. I dislike the practice because I hate subsidizing the ADs of other schools with the fees for a network I don't watch and don't want to support.

Edit: I thought that the Big Ten Network had different carriage fee rates based on whether an area was considered to be part of Big Ten territory, this article lists it as a straight .39/subscriber. That seems off.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 7, 2015

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Pakled posted:

I came across this from an article from January.

It seems that would prevent Golson from transferring to an SEC school given his 2013 suspension.

He can get a waiver

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

RumbleFish posted:

it's just more proof the SEC belongs in the NFL

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

If the actual attendance of the Tucson bowl is more than 20K I'll be shocked.

edit:

quote:

the proposed bowl game, which will pit teams from the Mountain West Conference and Conference USA, has an estimated budget between $2-3 million. A sponsor is needed to cover an unspecified chunk of that, with ticket and television revenue helping cover the rest.

hmm, yes, this seems likely.

Qwijib0 fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 7, 2015

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Qwijib0 posted:

If the actual attendance of the Tucson bowl is more than 20K I'll be shocked.

edit:

hmm, yes, this seems likely.

Hey man a bowl in loving Annapolis, MD has been going strong for a few years now with a Fortune 500 company as the sponsor. Anything is possible.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

drunk leprechaun posted:

Hey man a bowl in loving Annapolis, MD has been going strong for a few years now with a Fortune 500 company as the sponsor. Anything is possible.

I'm all for more pointless bowls and tourism dollar scraps but unless Raytheon has interest promoting itself:

pre:
Top Employers (2014 Data)

The University of Arizona – 12,053 employees.
    Raytheon Missile Systems – 11,370 employees.
    Davis-Monthan Air Force Base – 10,869 employees.
    Pima County – 7,100 employees.
    U.S. Border Patrol – 6,800 employees.
    Tucson Unified School District – 6,467 employees.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
:laffo: Our one good player, WR John Ross III, is gonna miss all of next year with probably a knee injury

UW gonna be a loving doormat y'all

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Manoueverable posted:

:laffo: Our one good player, WR John Ross III, is gonna miss all of next year with probably a knee injury

We don't get a bye week :/

That's my excuse.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Manoueverable posted:

drat, I was gonna draft him in our fantasy league this year.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Qwijib0 posted:

I'm all for more pointless bowls and tourism dollar scraps but unless Raytheon has interest promoting itself:

pre:
Top Employers (2014 Data)

The University of Arizona – 12,053 employees.
    Raytheon Missile Systems – 11,370 employees.
    Davis-Monthan Air Force Base – 10,869 employees.
    Pima County – 7,100 employees.
    U.S. Border Patrol – 6,800 employees.
    Tucson Unified School District – 6,467 employees.
Hey, when I visit I'll probably go. Houston left C-USA, but whatever, it could be fun.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RumbleFish posted:

The conference nearly produced a national champion quarterbacked by Jordan Jefferson.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Henchman of Santa posted:

The conference nearly produced a national champion quarterbacked by Jordan Jefferson.
"Nearly produced" is a rather generous way to put it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

After the turnover-hungry tenures of John Brantley and Jeff Driskel, accepting Everett Golson as a transfer would just be

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

"Nearly produced" is a rather generous way to put it.

They won the SEC title and played for a National Title as the top ranked team, that's pretty close!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MourningView posted:

They won the SEC title and played for a National Title as the top ranked team, that's pretty close!

Yea, but Jarrett Lee deserves credit for more than half of those wins!

I'm not sure if that helps or hurts the argument though...

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

LeeMajors posted:

After the turnover-hungry tenures of John Brantley and Jeff Driskel, accepting Everett Golson as a transfer would just be

Isn't taking in strays and finding them a home just what you'd expect from The Humane Society

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
They did win a title with Matt Flynn. He was pretty mediocre or at least I seem to remember him being pretty mediocre. Jordan Jefferson was pretty much a rich man's Reggie Ball wasn't he?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jarrett Lee was actually pretty decent by 2011, I dunno why they kept throwing Jefferson in there.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
The past few years of LSU's QB situation has been one big "I dunno why".

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Former Penn State and EMU superstar Rob Bolden was invited to rookie camp with Detroit.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Some of our players have been actively recruiting/campaigning for Golson on Twitter, so I'm sure our current quarterbacks aren't feeling awkward or lovely about that at all.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Dattserberg posted:

Former Penn State and EMU superstar Rob Bolden was invited to rookie camp with Detroit.

Cole "I have no idea what I'm doing" Stoudt was loving HIRED by the Chargers.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the panthers signed something called Cole Jaeschke from Upper Iowa University which sounds like a fake college in a mockumentary

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I know someone who was a punter there.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Having to choose from 3 QBs is a rough life :smug:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rad Valtar posted:

Having to choose from 3 QBs is a rough life :smug:

until all three options are garbage, then it's worse than hell

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Alouicious posted:

until all three options are garbage, then it's worse than hell

Is that what it's like to be Florida fan recently?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Scarf posted:

Cole "I have no idea what I'm doing" Stoudt was loving HIRED by the Chargers.

If the only Clemson game someone saw last season was the Russell Athletic Bowl, they might be deceived into thinking Cole Stoudt is good.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Pakled posted:

If the only Clemson game someone saw last season was the Russell Athletic Bowl, they might be deceived into thinking Cole Stoudt is good.

Well, maybe the Chargers are regretting losing Clipboard Jesus and are hoping Cole will be the 2nd Coming...

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@clintbrew247: Source just told me Everett Golson will visit South Carolina on Monday and Georgia on Tuesday next week. @jcshurburtt @Mansell247

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

The latest on the Golson sweepstakes appears to be that SC and UGA are his top two choices and he's visiting the campuses on Monday and Tuesday, respectively. Then again, the "insiders" have been all over the place with their information and likely completely worthless, so I'm not sure if those plans are concrete.

• Locked thread