Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
It's for my conscience, more than anything else. Now I'll feel validated when we rip the next bastard a new one.

Another note from our historical archives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfv1QtZDirY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlampa
Dec 28, 2006

I feel like we need to go back to talking about sauces.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Schlampa posted:

Isn't it funny how a mother-sauce style tomato sauce has fairly little in common to what most tomato sauces (especially the ones used with pasta, which is probably the most familiar use) look like?

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

"Salsa" is Spanish for "Sauce"

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

hey guys, i made some gazpacho, who wants a bowl?

Zaepho
Oct 31, 2013

speaking of bowling. Bowling is another game that like EVE is best enjoyed moderately to heavily intoxicated.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Deofuta posted:

Another year, another new thread. Has there been any sort of announcement for when we will see the last two t3 destroyers hit the testing server?

Jackdaw (Caldari) is going to hit TQ in early June, same patch as FozzieSov. The ship is on Sisi now, although IIRC it doesn't have proper stats yet and is not flyable.

Hecate (Gallente) is slated to hit TQ in July.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Avocado salsa (guacamole) makes a surprisingly good steak topping. Another great use is steak tacos. You cook up some fajita steak meat with salt, pepper, chile powder and a few other spices, slice in strips (across the grain or you won't be able to chew it) and then slather in some avocado salsa, pico de gallo, and Mexican white cheese.

Zaepho posted:

EVE is best enjoyed moderately to heavily intoxicated.

Wasn't this a major reason for the Baltec Megathron? Can be easily used by profoundly drunken fleet members.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Zaepho posted:

speaking of bowling. Bowling is another game that like EVE is best enjoyed moderately to heavily intoxicated.

The main advantage of EVE is that, sometimes, the pin equivalents start making very confused and incoherent demands that they be protected from balls coming down the lane, because it's totally unfair that just because they chose to be immobile targets, they get knocked over all the time.

It's an endless source of entertainment.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Kiryen posted:

Wasn't this a major reason for the Baltec Megathron? Can be easily used by profoundly drunken fleet members.

Dominixes :colbert:

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Cannon_Fodder posted:

It's for my conscience, more than anything else. Now I'll feel validated when we rip the next bastard a new one.

Another note from our historical archives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfv1QtZDirY

Also notable historical propaganda:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdJqBBb4yO4

EDIT: context for this video is as follows (from my hazy recollection as someone not terribly involved): after former CEO Karttoon disbanded the alliance (welp), Goonswarm reformed as SOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSO[LODRA] after Goonfleet.com forum dictator Solo Drakban. We promptly lost Delve, which we had wrested away from BoB the previous year, and spent some time in Outer Ring scraping together a living until TCF let us crash on their couch in Deklein. We launched an invasion of Cloud Ring to fight against Ev0ke, a weird German alliance that literally had neo-nazis among their membership (like, 1488 references in their character bios and poo poo). Goons were forbidden from implying that Ev0ke were literal nazis (even though they were) on the Eve-O forums because of some really knee-jerk :qq: YOU CAN'T SAY GERMANS ARE NAZIS JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE GERMAN THATS RACIST :qq: sentiment (despite the fact that actual literal nazi sympathizers were in Ev0ke).

Then this poo poo propaganda video from Ev0ke was released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGGbsCkViUg

The gauntlet had been thrown. NOBODY out-propagandas Goonswarm et al.

HappyKitty fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 7, 2015

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

What if you're returning, no idea if I am vacationing or what, and I don't have access to e-mail I used back then and don't remember login info for forums?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Karl Sharks posted:

What if you're returning, no idea if I am vacationing or what, and I don't have access to e-mail I used back then and don't remember login info for forums?

You could try emailing newbies@goonfleet.com

OnymousCoward
Feb 19, 2014
Eve Online is a terrible game for terrible people. As such, it's bloody perfect for goons.

Join Space Violence as well, we do cool poo poo. IN SPACE!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Is Endie a classics guy or something? I've noticed he pulls out quotes from old latin motherfuckers fairly often.

Kiryen posted:

Every single fleet comp in modern GSF history has been designed for use by people who are either profoundly drunk or profoundly retarded. That covers most of our bases. The times that we try to do things with more than 3 active modules, or god forbid proactive cap management, it's a disaster.

(IIRC one of the downfalls with welpcanes and heavy welpfleet was goons capping themselves dry running the neuts too long. "OK we need to get out now, mwd away from the bubble." *majority of fleet can't turn on mwd* *everyone dies to bombs*)

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Pierson posted:

What does Gevlon Goblin think of all this though?

The same thing he usually does.

E: After re-reading the OP, i noticed that the Goonwaffe Newbee Guide from 2013 is not in it. May I suggest adding it? It was a really neat thing.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dalael fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 7, 2015

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Me right now not having to maintain the EVE thread

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Klyith posted:

Is Endie a classics guy or something? I've noticed he pulls out quotes from old latin motherfuckers fairly often.

Every single fleet comp in modern GSF history has been designed for use by people who are either profoundly drunk or profoundly retarded. That covers most of our bases. The times that we try to do things with more than 3 active modules, or god forbid proactive cap management, it's a disaster.

(IIRC one of the downfalls with welpcanes and heavy welpfleet was goons capping themselves dry running the neuts too long. "OK we need to get out now, mwd away from the bubble." *majority of fleet can't turn on mwd* *everyone dies to bombs*)

Because goons are pretty much the roman empire of eve in the amount of power they have.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

vyst posted:

Me right now not having to maintain the EVE thread

namaste

I was going to do other stuff tonight, but I feel like logging in and visiting MOA or someone now.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Schlampa posted:

Does sriracha count? I like sriracha

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Helpimscared posted:

http://www.blackmambachilli.com/index.php/products/black-mamba/#sauce Possibly the best hot sauce ever (imo)

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
Space Violence makes people mad even in other games

:3:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Helpimscared posted:

:getin:

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
The best part about being a goon in EVE is ignoring strat op pings to poo poo around in syndicate. Also getting bored of your solo roam, picking a lovely fight, losing your ship, and getting enough SRP to buy two.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Klyith posted:

I read a lot.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Otacon posted:

hey guys, i made some gazpacho, who wants a bowl?

go back to russia

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

causticBeet posted:

The best part about being a goon in EVE is ignoring pings

:siren: RED PEN LEVEL 5 CTA ALERT THERE'S A RATTING RAVEN IN OUR HOME SYSTEM ASSEMBLE OR BAN :siren:

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Think it's about time to resub and join my brothers in this terrible game.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Endie posted:

I was waiting for someone to PM me some detail and I'll stick it in there like last time.

:colbert: I tried but you have PMs off Endie

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

masteen posted:

They can't even hold a grid against Theta, much less the whole Goonmass.

Since theta rats with cynos on carriers nowadays, MoA has started whining about every carrier being a bait carrier :haw:

This reminds me, I need to dust off my recently resubbed ratting carrier and put a cyno on it.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

:siren: RED PEN LEVEL 5 CTA ALERT THERE'S A RATTING RAVEN IN OUR HOME SYSTEM ASSEMBLE OR BAN :siren:

I like to think that we ever came across one of our own unironically ratting in a Raven we would ping all to go blow them up on general principle.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Is something wrong with the "certification of new capsuleer" screen in the CQ? I'm 4 years old but I keep seeing myself come on there as a newly created character.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Kiryen posted:

Is something wrong with the "certification of new capsuleer" screen in the CQ? I'm 4 years old but I keep seeing myself come on there as a newly created character.
Do you maybe need to make your incarna character appearance? Push the button that looks like a t-shirt on the station panel (or walk up to the mirror in the CQ and click on it).

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
oh jesus christ

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I have contributed to that thread, thank you for linking to it.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Kiryen posted:

Avocado salsa (guacamole) makes a surprisingly good steak topping. Another great use is steak tacos. You cook up some fajita steak meat with salt, pepper, chile powder and a few other spices, slice in strips (across the grain or you won't be able to chew it) and then slather in some avocado salsa, pico de gallo, and Mexican white cheese.

Guacamole is greatly under used as a condiment, probably because of its relatively short shelf life. Try it on a club sandwich with toasted bread. Amazing.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Klyith posted:

Do you maybe need to make your incarna character appearance? Push the button that looks like a t-shirt on the station panel (or walk up to the mirror in the CQ and click on it).

I've had that done for ages.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Maneck posted:

Guacamole is greatly under used as a condiment, probably because of its relatively short shelf life. Try it on a club sandwich with toasted bread. Amazing.

Same thing with Hummus. When I joined swoleswarm, I gave up mayonnaise, and, much like the addict and his discarded bottle, thought life lost some of its brightness and shimmer. Until I found out you swap hummus or guacamole for mayonnaise and it's 99% as effective.

Edit:

Did we mention we also have social groups for masochistic professionals (it, lawyers, doctors, graduate students :emo:) as well as a group for fatgoons who wanna be fitgoons?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

I'm not sure I want to re-sub now if this is what is going to greet me when I come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Same thing with Hummus. When I joined swoleswarm, I gave up mayonnaise, and, much like the addict and his discarded bottle, thought life lost some of its brightness and shimmer.

The sun must reflect off your skin

• Locked thread