Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

GeneX posted:

Does this game have The Bean? It has to, right?

Yes, except in-game it's a sculpture by a minor antagonist so it's white instead of being reflective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

SSNeoman posted:

Yes, except in-game it's a sculpture by a minor antagonist so it's white instead of being reflective.

That's remarkably stupid.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

GeneX posted:

Hey man, reflections are hard to program.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

Hey man, reflections are hard to program.

Not so much. It's all about optimizing the graphical experience for the user. Everyone knows no one cares about story, character development, a good plot or anything else. It is all about top of the line graphics painstaking optimized for the target platform!

Duh.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

GeneX posted:

In and of itself? Not really.
It's hard to make such reflections in video games, the sculpture is probably enough to get the devs into legal hot water (which is why W_D's sculptuere is more circular than bean-ish) and it's a minor detail in a video game.

Now the antagonist himself (I would use his name, we already saw him)? Yeah, what they did with him is stupid.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

SSNeoman posted:

It's hard to make such reflections in video games, the sculpture is probably enough to get the devs into legal hot water (which is why W_D's sculptuere is more circular than bean-ish) and it's a minor detail in a video game.

Now the antagonist himself (I would use his name, we already saw him)? Yeah, what they did with him is stupid.
With the amount of time/money thrown at this game, I'm surprised they didn't license the bean and then throw about ten graphics coders at the job of making it a visually accurate glass sculpture.

The soundtrack of Watch_Dogs is weird in that they set out to have an all-Chicago made soundtrack and then didn't have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEZAC9B7MFQ

I mean, come on.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/DSVolition/status/596388805155934208?s=09

Chip, why didn't you tell us you were so kawaii. :swoon:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

It's not the first time he's shown his face.

RECOMMENDED:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Don't be weird.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

It's not weird for a man to tell another man that he's Kawaii, don't be such a japanophile :colbert:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

SSNeoman posted:

I mean the attempt at justifying it via the plot, not the inability to use the sculpture due to legal and programming issues.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

ThatPazuzu posted:

Don't be weird.

This is the price of being a face on the internet. If he doesn't want comments on his appearance, he should wear a paper bag over his head like a respectable streamer. :colbert:

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Please stop being weird.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I was gonna type a bunch of dumb words but I'll just leave it at

HMS Boromir posted:

Please stop being weird.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Garrand posted:

It's not the first time he's shown his face.

RECOMMENDED:

I think my favourite part is the wildly disparate recommended system specs.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Garrand posted:

RECOMMENDED:
System Requirements
Minimum:
Processor: 486 or higher
Memory: 16 MB RAM
Hard Drive: 20 MB available space
Sound Card: 16-bit sound card
                  :allears:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Wheany posted:

System Requirements
Minimum:
Processor: 486 or higher
Memory: 16 MB RAM
Hard Drive: 20 MB available space
Sound Card: 16-bit sound card
:allears:
How the gently caress is your 486 gonna run Windows 7 :psyduck:

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

CrashCat posted:

The mininum OS requirement is Windows 2000...which still can't run on a 486. :shrug:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

CrashCat posted:

It does say Windows 2000 as the minimum OS which has a minimum requirement of 133 MHZ. (I have no idea how realistic that actually is)

I don't remember how old these actually were but I do know that a lot of really old games that got re-released on steam poo poo the bed with more modern operating systems.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Okay, okay, calm down. I was just foolin. :smith:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
He looks like my cousin. Who I hate.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Garrand posted:

It does say Windows 2000 as the minimum OS which has a minimum requirement of 133 MHZ. (I have no idea how realistic that actually is)

I don't remember how old these actually were but I do know that a lot of really old games that got re-released on steam poo poo the bed with more modern operating systems.
GOG is still really cool for taking the time to get games running on modern OSes so their customers don't have to.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

He looks like my cousin. Who I hate.

You wanna know what I hate? Chicago. I hate living in big cities. Also, no one knows how to park and it pisses me off.

And that reminds me. Of being an uncle, which many of us are. I like to keep my nipoti very well aware that I more than willing to toss them through a window if they annoy me. Work well for keeping them in some sort of line, less so for keeping the family off my back for being a gigantic jerk towards kids that are barely in kindergarten. And before any of you say anything, I'm not going to hurt my blood. I just hate kids between 2-6.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

bman in 2288 posted:

You wanna know what I hate? Chicago. I hate living in big cities. Also, no one knows how to park and it pisses me off.

And that reminds me. Of being an uncle, which many of us are. I like to keep my nipoti very well aware that I more than willing to toss them through a window if they annoy me. Work well for keeping them in some sort of line, less so for keeping the family off my back for being a gigantic jerk towards kids that are barely in kindergarten. And before any of you say anything, I'm not going to hurt my blood. I just hate kids between 2-6.
Holy poo poo, it's Aiden IRL

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Great Joe posted:

GOG is still really cool for taking the time to get games running on modern OSes so their customers don't have to.

does GOG even do old games anymore? it seems that they're under new management to be "the other competitor to Steam", like that random mobile games company that bought Desura so they could be "the other competitor to Steam"

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Suspicious Dish posted:

does GOG even do old games anymore? it seems that they're under new management to be "the other competitor to Steam", like that random mobile games company that bought Desura so they could be "the other competitor to Steam"

They were the ones who brought us the old Lucas Arts games, which Steam has only just caught up on.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yes. They just added a whole bunch of old Star Trek games today, for example. They just do some new games as well, which would be silly not to, and still offer everything DRM free. They do have a client in Beta that just came out, featuring friends, achievements and Steam crossplay if the game supports it, but it's completely optional and you can still just download the clients off their site.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Look, I am sure Chip-senpai will notice you without the extra dramatics.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Petition to buy everyone weird Aiden avatars.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Naaaaah, how about an Aiden's skript kidz badge or something.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Great Joe posted:

Holy poo poo, it's Aiden IRL

Now those are fighting words, man.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

The Vosgian Beast posted:

drat it, now all I can picture is an 8-bit animation of Aiden whipping his phone out of a holster and pulling off sick Revolver Ocelot tricks with it. :3:

And suddenly, just like that... all other avatars seem lackluster by comparison.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
I'm really happy with all of the stupid things that happen in this episode.

Episode 3: Uncle Surprise.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
The timing in this episode is just perfect so far. You managing to cause a huge car accident right as Aiden's sister called was hilarious.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The warm hatch is a real thing.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

God almighty. This was mentioned in the first update, I realize, the interaction in that first cutscene screamed "divorced couple" as opposed to uncle.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
I am glad this LP exists so that I can watch it and feel like I never have to try playing this game again. It's pretty much the opposite of the Revengeance LP.

Ruff_Hunter
Aug 21, 2013
Aiden Pierce confirmed as a human garbage truck.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

You know, I haven't seen my uncle in over a year. And there wasn't even a tragedy in the family or anything, he just lives in a different place from us. And I'm okay with that.

Seriously, has anyone at Ubisoft actually ever had an uncle before or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Aidan's narraton reminds me of the narration in the first Max Payne but without the uber-noir atmosphere to go with it. It sounds out of place is what I'm saying.

• Locked thread