Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Does anyone know what game is in the bottom left of this image?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jewel Repetition posted:

Does anyone know what game is in the bottom left of this image?

Mark of the Ninja

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

looks like mark of the ninja?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Mark of the Ninja

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Those games all own

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

whats top right

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Awesome! posted:

whats top right

Terraria

Also if you spend $1500 on anything other than a cutting edge Witcher 3 machine you've goofed up pretty bad

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Vvvvvv is one of my most favourite games ever

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Terraria

Also if you spend $1500 on anything other than a cutting edge Witcher 3 machine you've goofed up pretty bad

$1500 will get you plowed hard I'm Witcher 3

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Once again--Is racist Terraria (windfall iirc) worth playing or what? I got it in a Humble Bundle and I want to at least give it a shot if it is in any way enjoyable

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

theultimo posted:

$1500 will get you plowed hard I'm Witcher 3

how much to get plowed hard by 3 witchers?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
It turns out that 2D sidescrollers can still be really fun games in 2015.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Excels posted:

how much to get plowed hard by 3 witchers?

1500 orens. i will throw in the lodge and some squirrels too.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

RoanHorse posted:

Once again--Is racist Terraria (windfall iirc) worth playing or what? I got it in a Humble Bundle and I want to at least give it a shot if it is in any way enjoyable

Nobody knows what that is

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

RoanHorse posted:

windforge?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i got that in a bundle last year and havent touched it

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

ArtIsResistance posted:

Ehhhhh I bought Terran Conflict I think and thought I'd get some awesome space dogfighting simulator but it ended up being closer to eve. On that note, are there any awesome space dogfighting simulators? I want to shoot things in space like that one level in unreal tournament 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-L6B3JzkdM

Freespace 2 is the safe answer to "dogfighter in space"

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Somebody asked in the Witcher 3 but got ignored, are they actually rehauling the combat system or is it still somehow worse than every single mmo ever made like the first two games?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

StashAugustine posted:

Freespace 2 and Colony Wars were my favorite dogfighter games. At least I can still play Freespace 2 on PC still :unsmith:

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

StashAugustine posted:

I am going to play that poo poo then

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dumb question: when old games call a continue a rest, does that stand for restart or does it actually mean rest for some reason? Cause continuing isn't resting, its keeping going, right?

example: firestriker on snes

Broseph Brostar posted:

Somebody asked in the Witcher 3 but got ignored, are they actually rehauling the combat system or is it still somehow worse than every single mmo ever made like the first two games?

My first five mins in witcher were like:

jams attack...witcher enters attack animations eventually with the air, enemy has since teleported behind him

jams roll...witcher eventually stops attacking and rolls, camera snaps around to face the wrong way

jams parry...witcher cannot parry yet

jams use...witcher has broken the flag for that switch by not clearing out all hostiles before using it. reload

its definitely an easy mode game for me so that the fighting is over faster.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 8, 2015

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Awesome! posted:

windforge?

Yeah probably
The one on a gas giant where you harvest whales and poo poo

And you can't be a black person despite one of the listed features being character customization

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

RoanHorse posted:

Yeah probably
The one on a gas giant where you harvest whales and poo poo

And you can't be a black person despite one of the listed features being character customization

That's why you call it "racist Terraria?" You're dumb.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Rest was a terrible translation of left.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I said come in! posted:

I found my original World of Warcraft vanilla manual the other day, I was reading through it and other then the absolute bare basics of combat, everything else in the manual has changed between then and now.

I realize you're probably talking about the mechanics but I can't imagine that Metzen and the rest of the writing team's constant need to retcon every single piece of lore they've ever had in the setting every 10 minutes has done much good to the appeal of the current game to long time players.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

isn't it easier to just assume WoW is non-canon? Why would anyone honestly think of it that way, it's impossible for such a fragmented thing to constitute a "timeline"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Colonel posted:

I declare that Donkey Kong Country is a pretty good game and Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest is pretty incredibly super good and I like it very much.

Agreed, but DKC3 is unfortunately bad.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
there are people who care about the story of WoW? smh

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Bicyclops posted:

Agreed, but DKC3 is unfortunately bad.

DKC3 wasn't that bad, it just really bloated and uneven and uninspired visually. It was the SNES equivalent of Banjo-Tooie cramming a ton of minigames and FPS segments and giant interconnected levels into Banjo-Kazooie's framework.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I didn't like it and have never completed it.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

precision posted:

there are people who care about the story of WoW? smh

I used to, the after Lich King they went all mad hatter on it and it's been a wreck ever since. Not to metzen loves to throw thrall in everything.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

theultimo posted:

I used to, the after Lich King they went all mad hatter on it and it's been a wreck ever since. Not to metzen loves to throw thrall in everything.

i like how his name and "mention" just kinda fused together there.

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.

The Colonel posted:

I declare that Donkey Kong Country is a pretty good game and Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest is pretty incredibly super good and I like it very much.

I just want to tell you those are almost correct opinions, but you didn't quite praise DKC2 enough.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Diddy's Kong Quest, starring Dixie Kong and the helicopter spin, is a game containing dangerous quantities of win.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Excels posted:

isn't it easier to just assume WoW is non-canon? Why would anyone honestly think of it that way, it's impossible for such a fragmented thing to constitute a "timeline"

Yeah, I consider the story having ended with Warcraft III.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I thought World of Warcraft was like, the whole thing. I didn't realize that it had associated properties before it had exploded into the game my senior year college roommate got addicted to and stayed up until 4 AM playing sometimes.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i played a lot of warcraft 2 in my youth. good loving game. pity they never went back to that artstyle after they converted to boring generic 3D

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.
Well, before the Cataclysm expansion, the way the plot worked was that your character level was where you were in the plot. So being level 1-60 meant the first expansion hadn't happened yet, and generally speaking your character did every single quest, storywise, (which is a pretty crazy amount of bear asses to get people), but even then it didn't quite work because some NPCs would be different (Like now the Horde leader is Vol'jin, but in vanilla wow it was Thrall and the capital horde city has Vol'jin there regardless of level), but you just sort of had to accept that as part of an MMO. After the Cataclysm expansion all the vanilla poo poo is different so now the story is just a clusterfuck, and the only stuff that's "accessible" storywise is what's in the current expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Excels posted:

i played a lot of warcraft 2 in my youth. good loving game. pity they never went back to that artstyle after they converted to boring generic 3D

Warcraft 2 was my first real Blizzard title, but I bought the warchest edition that came with Warcraft I, but I didn't play that until later. Then I got into Diablo, and then Starcraft and then Warcraft III. I had thought from the start actually that you could make an awesome RPG out of Warcraft III's graphics engine, low and behold that's exactly what ended up happening, except it was a lovely MMO instead.

• Locked thread