Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
FINALLY got the freakin beast claw. the ailing loran guys i had problems with werent actually that bad .. i got murked twice by the first attack and put the dungeons off for most of my ng+ playthru... but now ive went back and theyre like w/e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

the nightmare is ognna give me an aneurysm

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

FINALLY got the freakin beast claw. the ailing loran guys i had problems with werent actually that bad .. i got murked twice by the first attack and put the dungeons off for most of my ng+ playthru... but now ive went back and theyre like w/e.

it's probably trivial in ng+ but the boss gave me trouble in ng because he has way too much hp

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
which one, abhorrent beast? just stay close to it + dodge left. i was using the kirkhammer in sword mode

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the guys im talking about are the Fast Zombie gusy who guard the switches and stuff. theyre not really very hard though. altho the ones using corpses as weapons make me waste mondo BVs (blood vials)(

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

The way things are going, I bet in like 5 to 6 years there's a PS4 box set of The Collected Works of Miyazaki ala the Kojima Legacy Collection that has all the souls game in one box. Imagine all the sick poo poo that would come with the collectors edition of that game...

They should also include his AC games.

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

which one, abhorrent beast? just stay close to it + dodge left. i was using the kirkhammer in sword mode

the fireball werewolf guy. he's easy to parry to death but I was losing concentration for it halfway through because it took a good while

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

01011001 posted:

the fireball werewolf guy. he's easy to parry to death but I was losing concentration for it halfway through because it took a good while

if u shoot him with a shotgun type weapon it stuns him out of using fire attacks. no parry necessary. and his melee stuff isnt so bad, hes kinda slow, and small, and u can mash him down with a heavy weap.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
iohhh the other werewolf guy. the silver one? dude, i like, plunge attacked him, then hit him with a full bar of hammer combos from behind, and he had 20% health left.

Dec 26, 2012

nah not the silver one. i had noticed the shotgun knocks him out of fire stuff yeah

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The chalice dungeon bosses have the same health in NG+ as they do in the normal game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ive yet to die to a chalice dungeon boss... i heard the defiled chalice halves your hp though so im proabbly gonna die a lot in that.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
that said, im like sl 150 with 50 vit now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

that said, im like sl 150 with 50 vit now.

Noice. First one I died to was rom because I got stuck on some geometry and wrecked by a spider. That's when I said screw it and went to NG+ to do that instead.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The jump between NG and NG+ seems more extreme in this game than any of the other souls games. I never played dark souls NG+ further than ringing he bells though so idk if that gets harder but the bosses have so much freaking health the second time around

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i got summoned for shadows of yharnam and the dude was evidently on ng+ or ng++ or something because they had a lot of health and i got like 50-60k souls when they died

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

bloods, sorry

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

i got summoned for shadows of yharnam and the dude was evidently on ng+ or ng++ or something because they had a lot of health and i got like 50-60k souls when they died

yea they have like 50k health in ng+

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

yea they have like 50k health in ng+

the health didnt quite jump out at me, but considering i was summoned and got that many souls at once shocked the hell out of me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The jump between NG and NG+ seems more extreme in this game than any of the other souls games. I never played dark souls NG+ further than ringing he bells though so idk if that gets harder but the bosses have so much freaking health the second time around

+10 LHS with +phys gems and 30/30 stats needs 3 transformed r1 attacks to kill the first townsperson in ng+. That's pretty rough but i guess on par with a +0 weapon with base stats in NG.

Since nothing really changes, i'm mainly pvp'ing and chalicing in NG+

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

the health didnt quite jump out at me, but considering i was summoned and got that many souls at once shocked the hell out of me

u get tons in ng+... im running around with like 800k souls on me lol.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

ive yet to die to a chalice dungeon boss... i heard the defiled chalice halves your hp though so im proabbly gonna die a lot in that.

scratch this... loran darkbeast just murked me

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

yeah bloodborne ng+ isnt loving around. i only got to cleric beast before i decided to make a skill based characater but he had like a million hp and it took forever to kill him. plus everything pretty much 2-3 shots you unless yuou have a million vit

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

If you played DeS it's closer to that but not quite as steep. You can still have a "bad build" and do fine/ put more points to deal with it. My first character in DeS only made it though NG+ because of second chance and firestorm.

Nebs
Apr 22, 2008

Does anyone know how long it takes for an Arcane Ludwig's build to get strong? I've heard people say Arcane is very bad until you get the right gems from chalices.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never went pure arcane but an arcane and strength mix is very potent very early

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've been getting busy and it's really cutting into my loving bloodborne time

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got some bloodborne time, and the lecture hall is really short, but also really cool. fighting that wave of mutated students was loving awesome, and the first encounter where one of them drops on you is hilarious. nightmare frontier seems cool, but i got merced by pvp right away when i was exploring w/ two levels of blood echoes. i just unlocked the main gate shortcut in forbidden woods, and i think i'm heading back there next.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i got some bloodborne time, and the lecture hall is really short, but also really cool. fighting that wave of mutated students was loving awesome, and the first encounter where one of them drops on you is hilarious. nightmare frontier seems cool, but i got merced by pvp right away when i was exploring w/ two levels of blood echoes. i just unlocked the main gate shortcut in forbidden woods, and i think i'm heading back there next.

I love the lecture hall though it's a small area, because it's so mundane in design but the entrance and exits are voids to different dimensions

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
last night i had a dream that i was playing and was invaded by a secret boss that nobody knew about who did high poison damage but was also really weak

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I just killed rom and still have my bloodtinge at 5 points. Am I going to be hosed later by my complete lack of ranged damage?

Parrying isn't keyed to the shots dmg is it?

Dec 26, 2012

nah its no big deal unless you really wanted to actually damage things with guns

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bt is only important if you're doing a chiklage/evelyn character even the cannon doesn't need it to do big damage.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Sometimes I plink a dangerous enemy with 5 shotgun blasts for 100 damage to finish and think about making a new build

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've done shadows of yharnham by myself 3 times and gotten the last one to a single hit each time. i think i'm making the skeleton lords mistake, and triggering the final form of two of them at the same time, which is too much to deal with, and i should make a plan and stick to it to finish each on sequentially.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
If they summon a Big Snake that is pretty much the game ender, so if anything making sure the final shadow is well damaged before you finish killing the second is the right idea.

When you are down to 1v1 it's pretty much a non-threat and you need to put as many hits on it as you can before it summons.

The first time I killed them (was my second attempt) I got murdered by the giant summon as I finished the killing blow, and got the Prey Slaughtered icon right before the You Died.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i hate snakes irl, so i can't wait to be out of the forbidden woods. it's a cool area, though.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think it might possibly be the most open of any souls area i've been in. i really like how there's a main path, and all of the secrets tend to drop you back into it after you've explored them.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

sector_corrector posted:

i hate snakes irl, so i can't wait to be out of the forbidden woods. it's a cool area, though.

i remember walking through there the first time and seeing a huge snake ball come slithering out of the shadows. super nasty

the villager head blowing up to reveal a snake bouquet reminds me of las plagas from RE4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the first time that happens is some intense poo poo