Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Irish Joe posted:

I left it on for over a year, and got it for sassing Franco. The joke wore out its welcome and Franco was run off SA, so it was time for a change.

Franco's still here, buttmunch, he's just not a mod anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Zerilan posted:

Annie, Abed, and Britta's first four years of classes at an extremely lovely community college completely failed at helping them move on to anything better so they decided that the solution was to keep taking classes while volunteering to help "save the school."
Except we're at episode nine of 13 and the first class (aside from "Ladders") we've seen is Grifting 101. There have been more scenes of Britta as a bartender than her as a student.

Your response worked better in season five but I'm not getting the same impression this time around. At all.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Spacebump posted:

It's still there. Try this link https://screen.yahoo.com/community/community-episode-9-grifting-101-070001340.html

I wonder when they are going to announce if there are going to be any future Community projects. I'd rather them do another season instead of a movie, unless the movie could bring back old cast members. If the show ends with this season, I hope the last episode has a good ending.

It wasn't working on my tablet, but I could get it on my Roku. Oh, Yahoo.

I'd rather not have another season. Just the movie, with Troy and Shirley involved somehow, and then let it go after fulfilling the prophecy.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Irish Joe posted:

Its well past time to put me on your ignore list. You said last year that just scrolling past me was a mistake because everybody was tired of me bitching about the show, and this season pretty much confirmed it. You are tired of me posting. The mods are tired of me posting. The thread is tired of me posting in it. I'd never had love for this show; and no reason to extend your suffering. Just add me to the loving thing already so that the thread and its posters can move on with their lives.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Holy poo poo, SA has an ignore list feature? All these years... how did I not know this?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

kayakyakr posted:

Holy poo poo, SA has an ignore list feature? All these years... how did I not know this?

Aw, ignoring the annoying posters removes most of the fun from reading SA

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I'd like Community to get another season, but make it the confirmed ultra definite last season. I think one of the problems that the show has had is that basically every season since 2 onward they've been on the verge of cancellation, and it's hard to make a show when every season finale might end up being a series finale. Lots of shows (30 Rock, Parks and Recreation) end up with a second wind in their final seasons, as long as they know it's the last one going into it. I'll bet there's a least a good 13 episode final season left in the show.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Brawnfire posted:

Aw, ignoring the annoying posters removes most of the fun from reading SA

Seriously, the Star Wars thread would be like four posts if you ignored SMG, and then those four posts are just quoting and arguing with him anyways.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I think this season is about as good as Community's ever been barring S2. It's pretty funny, sometimes very clever, some hits, some misses. I don't see any reason to cancel it urgently, although I wouldn't miss it too badly if it did go, but then I've never been a mega-fan to begin with.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Android Blues posted:

It's pretty funny, sometimes very clever, some hits, some misses.

You loving monster. Get out.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

El Tortuga posted:

Why are you so salty about the fact that some other people don't enjoy the show very much anymore? Nobody would be watching in season 6 if they hadn't once been a fan, and most of the complaints are more in line with being sad to see the decline than any kind of gloating about it, so this weird defensiveness where you seem to think people are unfairly maligning your entertainment is bizarre.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Sinteres posted:

Why are you so salty about the fact that some other people don't enjoy the show very much anymore? Nobody would be watching in season 6 if they hadn't once been a fan, and most of the complaints are more in line with being sad to see the decline than any kind of gloating about it, so this weird defensiveness where you seem to think people are unfairly maligning your entertainment is bizarre.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you didn't know I was joking about this very middle-of-the-road post.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
This might have been the worst episode of Dan Harmon helmed Community ever for me. :smith:

There was no effort in that story. It was this really half-hearted, bashed out non-arc, that didn't really do anything. And worst of all, there were no real jokes. There were a few "hey here's something wacky and random that isn't actually funny and also doesn't inform character, and isn't clever."

How can the show that only one season ago had the line "Cirque Du So Long, you high-stepping acrobastards" have anything to do with this drivel?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

El Tortuga posted:

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you didn't know I was joking about this very middle-of-the-road post.

I took it as a "joke" implying people who don't like the show would be mad at anyone who expresses their continued enjoyment of the show in any way. If that was all in my head, my bad.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Nothing this season has been as bad as the schmitty episode. :colbert: :can:

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 8, 2015

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

thexerox123 posted:

The parts of that episode that didn't involve the high school kids were pretty good.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

I wonder when they are going to announce if there are going to be any future Community projects. I'd rather them do another season instead of a movie, unless the movie could bring back old cast members. If the show ends with this season, I hope the last episode has a good ending.

I'd love another season too. The actors' contracts are up this season, so it might not be feasible. A movie would be a lot easier to negotiate if any of them are looking to move on to better projects.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
"Good show! Good show! Wotcher! Haven't seen that show."

Is as funny a line as you'll ever get in Community.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
I really enjoyed the sound effects as they performed the worst briefcase switch of all time.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Nothing this season has been as bad as the schmitty episode, DUH.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I expected the episode to have a "Music Man" ending, where their ultimate grift required a series of super-intricate briefcase switches so that it turned out he really had taught them something.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

thexerox123 posted:

El Tortuga posted:

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

PostNouveau posted:

I expected the episode to have a "Music Man" ending, where their ultimate grift required a series of super-intricate briefcase switches so that it turned out he really had taught them something.

Yeah there was really very little payoff to the briefcase thing. I really was hoping his grift to be an elevated scheme with a big payoff beyond "make money off of rubes".

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Enderzero posted:

I really enjoyed the sound effects as they performed the worst briefcase switch of all time.
Yeah, that was absolutely superbly timed and executed.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Irish Joe posted:

Nothing this season has been as bad as the schmitty episode, DUH.

You're doing it wrong. DUH-DOY

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.

Irish Joe posted:

Its because she's wearing pants.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Dan Harmon on @midnight was hilarious. The clown penis line of jokers really could have gone for an hour and it would have been quality programming.

OTOH: one of the speed games was "cancelled show pitches" where you had to name a show that was doomed to be cancelled. One of his jokes was, "probably Community... again." Needed a sad trombone sound effect.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

kayakyakr posted:

Dan Harmon on @midnight was hilarious. The clown penis line of jokers really could have gone for an hour and it would have been quality programming.

OTOH: one of the speed games was "cancelled show pitches" where you had to name a show that was doomed to be cancelled. One of his jokes was, "probably Community... again." Needed a sad trombone sound effect.

"It's like Community, but people watch it!"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
That was great.

Everybody go watch "Dark Place."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Chris Knight posted:

That was great.

Everybody go watch "Dark Place."

The lack of an R1 release for Darkplace is downright criminal.

drat bastard monkey hands!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Darkplace is amazing. And actually, it and Heat Vision and Jack always kind of struck me as similar.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Just youtube it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EkN8WtFTpE

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Fast Luck posted:

Overall i think the last several episodes just haven't been that funny though, but oh well.

I keep holding out hope, but they have sadly been pretty sucky.

Hey this would be funny: let's have Britta accidentally poo poo her pants, then we can run that poo poo into the ground! Things really feel... off.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Dark Places was an OK 5 minute sketch stretched senselessly into a tepid overlong one hundred hour snoozefest.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Kuiperdolin posted:

Dark Places was an OK 5 minute sketch stretched senselessly into a tepid overlong one hundred hour snoozefest.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Your ideas intrigue me

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Why won't she be mine
I wish I was more attractive like Dagless

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Fog Tripper posted:

I keep holding out hope, but they have sadly been pretty sucky.

I don't think they've been sucky, but I do think they've been...thin.

Here's the thing though, here's why I'm not hating Community because of it. It's clear there's effort here. There's a lot of effort in these scripts. You can feel Harmon and the writing, production, and acting staff practically squeezing these characters and premises dry.

It's not a lovely show. In a lovely show, they don't try so hard.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Community is clearly just kind of going through to motions, content in exploring some funny ideas and having characters interact. It's not spinning its wheels because it isn't stuck. It isn't trying to go anywhere. I'm alright with that.

I mean, you can't even argue it's taking up a time slot anymore (not that NBC knows how to fill it anyway). It's just kind of there for people to enjoy if they want to. If Yahoo didn't spend their money on this they would have probably just tossed it in a proverbial bonfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I wish Jeff had murdered Abed a few weeks back. Goddamn has his character gotten thin.

I liked the episode but I don't want anymore Abed episodes.

The tag is amazing.

In It For The Tank fucked around with this message at 08:32 on May 12, 2015

• Locked thread