Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

so what if ukip goes all in for the working class northern racists

that'd gently caress labour permanently too right

nah, i strongly suspect that UKIPs gains tonight are from people who otherwise wouldn't vote

they're not fooling anyone with a pulse

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Badger of Basra posted:

the gordy relaunches

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Joementum posted:

nah, i strongly suspect that UKIPs gains tonight are from people who otherwise wouldn't vote

they're not fooling anyone with a pulse

eh, look at their gains in sunderland (north east england); 20% of the vote

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The first uk cartoon I've ever understood

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
i love that cameron's legacy is scottland coming within 10 of leaving the uk

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Disinterested posted:

:frogout:

election happens

but you just had an election

how can you have another election if like literally a day after you seat your parliment, you have a vote of no confidence

and what if that poo poo keeps happening? what if nobody gets a majority, ever, and theres always votes of no confidence?

this is why you need fixed date elections, a President, and an upper house to ratify lower house bills. That way the lower house has to live with each other, even when they dont wanna

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can Scotland vote again soon?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

My Imaginary GF posted:

how can you have another election if like literally a day after you seat your parliment, you have a vote of no confidence

and what if that poo poo keeps happening? what if nobody gets a majority, ever, and theres always votes of no confidence?

this is why you need fixed date elections, a President, and an upper house to ratify lower house bills. That way the lower house has to live with each other, even when they dont wanna

would never happen

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

eh, look at their gains in sunderland (north east england); 20% of the vote

good point and the same turnout (57%) as 2010

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Disinterested posted:

would never happen

i mean its possible, even under the fixed term election bill to ahve a series of elections fairly quickly. like we *could* see another election this summer, but its not likely.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i love that cameron's legacy is scottland coming within 10 of leaving the uk

It's Maggie's legacy as much as his

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

where's bernie's bro running? oxford?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

and the min wage thread is actually arguing with cole, fantastic

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"Frunkleroy": an actual part of one of the candidate's names

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

My Imaginary GF posted:

...You are Belgium?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Yet another poster who refuses to comment on his possible carnal relations with a watermelon. I think this sick sexual deviancy is even more widespread than we suspected.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

the 538 forecast is still pretty much inline with what they had earlier today, but we'll see

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

GreyjoyBastard posted:

...You are Belgium?

See, the UK is going to the Dutch! This is why they need to copy America's system of government and put in fixed date.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol how is he not banned yet

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

joeburz posted:

god protects fools, drunks, and Americans, so GIP is triply covered

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

joeburz posted:

if being terminally stupid was a bannable offense we wouldn't have needed the McCain toxx thread to get rid of paradol ex

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if being terminally stupid was a bannable offense we wouldn't have needed the McCain toxx thread to get rid of paradol ex

paradol ex :barf:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

is there a place for americans to watch the results live?

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

For the sake of my own health im self-banishing from that stupid minimum wage thread. Jesus. Also sorry UK posters, I am drinking in solidarity.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
bro wearing a leather jacket with the collar flipped up is a UKIP voter

girl with glitter around her eyes is a Green Party voter

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Badger of Basra posted:

http://www.livenewschat.eu/uk/

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

there's a stream on bbc

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Joementum posted:

and he was unskewing

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Badger of Basra posted:

I'm watching BBC World News on tv, they just had a clown on to discuss green party prospects.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Lib Dems now telling reporters that the exit polls look right https://twitter.com/bbckamal/status/596471514171572224

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

Lib Dems now telling reporters that the exit polls look right https://twitter.com/bbckamal/status/596471514171572224

ahahahahahahahahaha

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

girl with glitter around her eyes is a Green Party voter

working class going for a right-wing anti-immigrant party? :monocle:

leftists making themselves up like clowns for when they go on the teevee? :monocle:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Joementum posted:

please let clegg get tossed.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

The bloodletting begins.

:unsmigghh:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

another five years of david cameron. how loving awful is ed.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Whats the point of the LibDem party anyways? If you want England strong against foreign threats, you vote Con. If you want England to have economic growth in a manner which doesn't upset anybody, you vote Labour. If you want England to rule britannica, you vote UKIP. If you're Scottish, you vote SNP. If you want to vote for failures to make yourself feel better, you vote Green. In that environment, I just don't see what LibDema offer that someone else don't already do better.

I'd really find it funny if Nick Clegg takes the remaining LibDems loyal to him and joins the Conservatives. A man's unbridled ambition, resulting in the dissillusion of his party.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

ive always felt a kinship with David Cameron because my first name is Prime Minister too

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

My Imaginary GF posted:

Whats the point of the LibDem party anyways? If you want England strong against foreign threats, you vote Con. If you want England to have economic growth in a manner which doesn't upset anybody, you vote Labour. If you want England to rule britannica, you vote UKIP. If you're Scottish, you vote SNP. If you want to vote for failures to make yourself feel better, you vote Green. In that environment, I just don't see what LibDema offer that someone else don't already do better.

i'm sort of surprised because the Lib Dems are your natural constituency, MIGF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

i'm sort of surprised because the Lib Dems are your natural constituency, MIGF

Far better to coalition with Labour for an election, than it is to serve as the bitch for a politically competent party.

• Locked thread