Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Joink posted:

No, see my post above for a game controller setup.

I think a lot of controller players are conditioned from playing other arcade racers and having trouble adjusting. Also some of the cars default settings are terrible or bad for the track your on. In general the game isn't a set and forget when it comes to handling.

There were also some reports that the Xbox One controller was really screwy with this game if you didn't update the firmware.

holocaust bloopers posted:

I love those gaf and reddit idiots who dispute highly technical physics based on zero experience or academic background.

The race sim thread here is cool, but on most of the internet racing sim players on game physics is kind of like reading audiophiles discussing $10,000 speaker cables.

Fortuitous Bumble fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Abu Dave posted:

Is there such thing as a cheap PC Driving wheel that's tolerable under $100? Not looking for simulation just something more immersive than a controller

ebay your self up a driving force gt.

quaunaut posted:

Is there any borderless windowed mode? Didn't see it in options.

that would fix my issue of having to go to task manager to alt-tab, so lemme know. :V

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

I've been having some good fun with this on PS4 so far, Like it more than driveclub. Only have one issue though. I've somehow dissapeared my HUD. in the customization screen it's still all there and set to visible, when driving it's completely gone. It did this after I sim'd a qualifying session to end and has been gone ever since. Anyone have any suggestions?

quaunaut
Sep 15, 2007

WHOOSH
So, there's a likely culprit to why I've been having such an awful time control wise: Apparently the game has significant issues when using an XBox One controller on PC. When I switched it out for my old Dual Shock 3, instantly had much better control, less inconsistency, the audio cutout bug stopped, the random performance drops stopped happening.

However, this kinda sucks as I really love that controller, and while I'd like to get a Wheel(mostly for Dirt), I don't feel ready for that yet.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

quaunaut posted:

So, there's a likely culprit to why I've been having such an awful time control wise: Apparently the game has significant issues when using an XBox One controller on PC. When I switched it out for my old Dual Shock 3, instantly had much better control, less inconsistency, the audio cutout bug stopped, the random performance drops stopped happening.

However, this kinda sucks as I really love that controller, and while I'd like to get a Wheel(mostly for Dirt), I don't feel ready for that yet.

Have you updated the controller?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I said come in! posted:

NeoGAF is an awful forum and its users don't know what they are talking about.

WHAT?!? But how could a site with a 4-year waiting list, said waiting list based entirely on the laziness of mods, be bad?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
if anybody wants to do some multiplayer superkartz/whatever the hell we want who cares

cum 2 mumble.goonrathi.com 64738 password: mellon

quaunaut
Sep 15, 2007

WHOOSH

Norns posted:

Have you updated the controller?

How do I do that? I haven't seen any, or see any on Google, updated drivers.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The RUF GT3 is like handling a very angry snake who's also on fire.

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

quaunaut posted:

You can update the controller's firmware from the Xbox One's settings (unless you just have the controller I guess).

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

quaunaut posted:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

quaunaut
Sep 15, 2007

WHOOSH

headfake posted:

You can update the controller's firmware from the Xbox One's settings (unless you just have the controller I guess).

I just have the controller, else I'd probably be playing it on XB1 for today since it has better FFB.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

quaunaut posted:

I just have the controller, else I'd probably be playing it on XB1 for today since it has better FFB.

Yeah I can't find anything about updating it with PC. Do you have a buddy with A Xbone? My controller was pretty lovely before the update.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Do what I do, a long rear end hdmi cable to your TV.

So...thanks for that. I seriously had never considered that before because I'm loving stupid.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Comrade Flynn posted:

So...thanks for that. I seriously had never considered that before because I'm loving stupid.

the future of games

quaunaut
Sep 15, 2007

WHOOSH

Norns posted:

Yeah I can't find anything about updating it with PC. Do you have a buddy with A Xbone? My controller was pretty lovely before the update.

Sadly not in this town. I move too much. Hopefully the developers notice.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Comrade Flynn posted:

When the idea first came to me, I felt like the smartest idiot too.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I wish I could have up and downshift function with both my sequential shifter and my wheel's paddles at the same time. If I want to drive a Formula A, I have to go into the options and change the assignments.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
I am presently, and probably only very briefly, the leaderboard's #1 record on the 24 hours of Le Mans circuit for one of the lesser open wheel cars.

this is strictly because I'm the only one who's set a time with that car.

I'm having a lot of fun with this. All of it is taking getting used to: i was adequate at Forza, but even with all the assists on here it's a struggle to find the comfort zone with everything, but fun nonetheless.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Iridium posted:

I am presently, and probably only very briefly, the leaderboard's #1 record on the 24 hours of Le Mans circuit for one of the lesser open wheel cars.

this is strictly because I'm the only one who's set a time with that car.

I'm having a lot of fun with this. All of it is taking getting used to: i was adequate at Forza, but even with all the assists on here it's a struggle to find the comfort zone with everything, but fun nonetheless.

Monza GP, good luck beating my BAC Mono time.

BAC Mono is one of those cars that really sucks with the default setup with a controller as the car has no downforce. But with tweaking it can handle like quite nicely.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!
Need more people in our multiplayer game of racing badly, also we're in mumble.goonrathi.com 64738 password: mellon

Come join for superkart madness.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Kaddion posted:

Need more people in our multiplayer game of racing badly, also we're in mumble.goonrathi.com 64738 password: mellon

Come join for superkart madness.

What are you racing

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Anyone take a shot at dualshock settings for the PC?

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

track day bro! posted:

Is it realy unplayable with a controller? I dont have space for a loving wheel.
All my complaining was directed towards Karts (me not just ignoring Zero to Hero :argh:). The one actual car I ended up driving (Caterham through career invitational) felt definitely doable.

Joink posted:

I think a lot of controller players are conditioned from playing other arcade racers and having trouble adjusting. Also some of the cars default settings are terrible or bad for the track your on. In general the game isn't a set and forget when it comes to handling.
I think the latter points might be part of my problem. I am always hopeful that the default car setups are somewhat not terrible and haven't really done too much besides shorten gear ratios (so I could speed off again quickly after spinning out my Kart). Unfortunately, there are so many settings it can be tricky to know which knobs to turn to make things better without irreparably breaking something along the way.

I'll have to give the couple suggested controller setups a shot. Once I feel good with the base controls, I'll probably feel more comfortable changing the vehicle setups.

quaunaut posted:

Is there any borderless windowed mode? Didn't see it in options.
Pretty sure not.

Think there are applications out there in the internet that can force things to use full screen windowed if there's no native support. I haven't messed with them myself though.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!

What are you racing

We just did superkarts on California Highway Full, wherein halfway through we got rain, and everyone died.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Kaddion posted:

We just did superkarts on California Highway Full, wherein halfway through we got rain, and everyone died.

To be fair I died way before the rain showed up.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Comrade Flynn posted:

Anyone take a shot at dualshock settings for the PC?

Ds3 or ds4

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

ds4

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Control mode 2. Filter setting to 55. Remove throttle and brake deadzones. Works perfectly for me like that. I'm also using thumbstick grips that raise up a few mm.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Control mode 2. Filter setting to 55. Remove throttle and brake deadzones. Works perfectly for me like that. I'm also using thumbstick grips that raise up a few mm.

What are you using to connect the ds4 to the PC? I'm using inputmapper.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ya input mapper either over Bluetooth or a USB cord

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Ya input mapper either over Bluetooth or a USB cord

Wait how do you do it over Bluetooth?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I use a Bluetooth module I got over Amazon for like 15 bucks. Sync the controller to the pc, set idle time in input mapper, and map right click left click to some buttons. It's good stuff

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Kaddion posted:

Oh god I remember racing karts IRL in the rain. I can't imagine the lack of control trying to be simulated. Just... we bar of soap on a wet tile floor.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I just lost so much of my life running gt3 class races on Brands Hatch. This loving game.

And gently caress you if you're not down on the RUF GT3 train.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

I think I am doing this right

alr
May 14, 2009
Anybody with any tips for setting up a G27 for this, either the Logitech profiler stuff or the in-game options? Only had the wheel for a couple days, followed some recommended guide for Assetto Corsa which worked well, FFB in this seems kind of harder to judge, though.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
holy lol make sure yall don't race with wet tires when fs dry cuz they go from good to deathtrap in about two laps

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lmao. We did Fomula A at night at Dubai

"F1 races at night there, right?"

"yeah the track is light up"

"ok good because obvs these cars dont have headlights"

*load race*

*go past turn 2 and its pitch loving black*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS ISNT YAS MARINA!!!! *fireball*

fin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

AzMiLion posted:

I've been having some good fun with this on PS4 so far, Like it more than driveclub. Only have one issue though. I've somehow dissapeared my HUD. in the customization screen it's still all there and set to visible, when driving it's completely gone. It did this after I sim'd a qualifying session to end and has been gone ever since. Anyone have any suggestions?

Down or right on the D-pad. For some reason the game removes the HUD if you go into "monitor"-mode.

• Locked thread