Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I got it basicaly as a DLC+ buy too and after a bit of learning curve Sunken King and Old Iron King are pretty fun but Ivory king is kinda boring everything is frozen over and obscured in a white fog I'm sure there's a boss that trigger a melting but I'm having a hard time pushing through it. Tiger Sif even feels uninspired.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

SirDan3k posted:

I got it basicaly as a DLC+ buy too and after a bit of learning curve Sunken King and Old Iron King are pretty fun but Ivory king is kinda boring everything is frozen over and obscured in a white fog I'm sure there's a boss that trigger a melting but I'm having a hard time pushing through it. Tiger Sif even feels uninspired.

The fog disappears almost right after the big kitty, AFAIK.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

SirDan3k posted:

Don't worry, if you thought cat boss wasn't good then surely the same boss copy pasted twice will change your mind!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
If you were an insane bastard determined to make the most of the Royal Greatsword, how would one go about such? Since from what little I recall Bleed stuff is kinda meh?

Preferably while dressed up as a Royal Swordsman.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Section Z posted:

If you were an insane bastard determined to make the most of the Royal Greatsword, how would one go about such? Since from what little I recall Bleed stuff is kinda meh?

Preferably while dressed up as a Royal Swordsman.

It's just a slightly weak greatsword. Use it like you would any other with that moveset. It's the Drangleic Sword with 50 less total scaling and less counter damage in exchange for strength scaling and mostly pointless bleed. About the only thing it has going for it is slightly lower stamina consumption than other weapons with that moveset, you might surprise someone by getting an extra swing in.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 7, 2015

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Do you still need to have the original DS2 installed to play the SotFS edition?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ariong posted:

Do you still need to have the original DS2 installed to play the SotFS edition?

no

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Well, that's odd. SotFS is crashing on startup for me. I've tried restarting steam, deleting clientregistry.blob, and verifying the integrity of the game cache. I tried to update my drivers, but the installer stops responding after step 2. I am running DX11.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Don't worry, if you thought cat boss wasn't good then surely the same boss copy pasted twice will change your mind!

I can't decide if this or the gank boss in the Sunken King DLC is my least favorite in the series.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Looks like the patch is dropping tomorrow on PC.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Both regular and SOTFS did an update just now for me on Steam, did it go live already or is it not the real deal yet?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Ah poo poo, I need to rush for Santier's Spear now then.

Small and Blue
Apr 24, 2008
Just tried this out and hitting corpses seems to no longer do any durability damage. I guess they finally fixed it then.

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

This is tha patch that also helps with the Forward+R1/R2 commands right?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

It doesn't do "any"?

That sounds like they couldn't actually figure out how to fix the actual problem and just made it 0. Wouldn't shock me at this point.

Small and Blue
Apr 24, 2008
I did about 20 R2 spin attacks with a halberd over a dead basilisk corpse and didn't take a single point of durability damage so I guess they did completely disable it. Hitting live enemies or walls seems to cause the same amount of durability loss as before.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Ah, well drat. What are any other ways to break Santier's spear that aren't horrible grinds?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Mischievous Mink posted:

Both regular and SOTFS did an update just now for me on Steam, did it go live already or is it not the real deal yet?

Went by the Japanese date there but I guess I didn't take timezones into account. Glad to be wrong!

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Gologle posted:

Ah, well drat. What are any other ways to break Santier's spear that aren't horrible grinds?
Join the ratbros and beat up a mammoth man.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Gologle posted:

Start Macro Express then go take a huge dump.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Gologle posted:

Equip only the spear and go stand in the corrosive pits in Shaded Woods.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Did they remove durability loss from swinging your weapon through friendly phantoms, too?

O. Henry O-Face
Sep 16, 2009

NeurosisHead posted:

Equip only the spear and go stand in the corrosive pits in Shaded Woods.

Corrosive pits only do armor/ring damage I thought.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Gologle posted:

Try hitting friendly phantoms, or getting summoned by a buddy and whacking his NPCs.

I heard somewhere that the bugs in Shulva damage weapons as well as armor; maybe try those.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Loknik posted:

Corrosive pits only do armor/ring damage I thought.

I've been wrong before, wouldn't be surprised if I was again.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Ravenfood posted:

Join the ratbros and beat up a mammoth man.
This is how I always did it, and it doesn't sound like that changed. I hear you can also swing above Dyna & Tilo's nest for a similar effect.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

NeurosisHead posted:

I've been wrong before, wouldn't be surprised if I was again.

Yeah, weapons aren't affected.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
so i quit the game earlier because REAL LIFE HAD THINGS FOR ME TO DO and noticed i could not quit because i just got invaded, so i alt-f4 out. come back to steam later and that salty bastard invited me to this steam group page http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Suckmydickscrub

the lack of open messaging must really be grating. oh well, sucks that it violates the steam TOS and i'm forced to submit a report because steam lets you know who invited you, but here we are.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Deaderinred posted:

so i quit the game earlier because REAL LIFE HAD THINGS FOR ME TO DO and noticed i could not quit because i just got invaded, so i alt-f4 out. come back to steam later and that salty bastard invited me to this steam group page http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Suckmydickscrub

the lack of open messaging must really be grating. oh well, sucks that it violates the steam TOS and i'm forced to submit a report because steam lets you know who invited you, but here we are.

FYI, if you alt-f4 out of invasions too often you get banned from multiplayer and can't summon/invade/etc. It's better to just kill you are self and then quit.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

FYI, if you alt-f4 out of invasions too often you get banned from multiplayer and can't summon/invade/etc. It's better to just kill you are self and then quit.

i'll keep that in mind.

is that what the bone thing is for what you start off with, to unban yourself but only once?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Deaderinred posted:

i'll keep that in mind.

is that what the bone thing is for what you start off with, to unban yourself but only once?

Yeah. I think you can get another one but it involves idling in Things Betwixt for hours and may or may not work.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So I'm deciding whether or not to get Dark Souls 2 for my Xbox360 or for my PC. The thing is, my puny laptop only has an Intel Core i7 4700 processor so even with Durante's mod I'm unsure if I'll be able to play it better without being able to downsample the game. What should I do?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

holy poo poo, first time playthrough shulva and i been bouncing back and forth between base game and this level and i just got to my first boss in shulva havel bros and alva bros and some dude with a great bow? really? loving hell man, they really wanted offline players to know what a ganksquad was.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Deaderinred posted:

holy poo poo, first time playthrough shulva and i been bouncing back and forth between base game and this level and i just got to my first boss in shulva havel bros and alva bros and some dude with a great bow? really? loving hell man, they really wanted offline players to know what a ganksquad was.

Pro tip: if you see one of those areas with the rows of statues and summon signs on the floor, that's an optional extra area. You can still totally beat them if you want, it's just not relevant to the DLC storyline.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Djeser posted:

Pro tip: if you see one of those areas with the rows of statues and summon signs on the floor, that's an optional extra area. You can still totally beat them if you want, it's just not relevant to the DLC storyline.

you better believe i'm going to beat these motherfuckers!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I just beat Lud and Zallen on the first try :smug:.

Although I summoned O'harrah, and I died two times to electrohorse gangbangs.

nominal
Oct 13, 2007

I've never tried dried apples.
What are they?
Pork Pro

Deaderinred posted:

I poo poo my pants the first couple times I fought these guys, but they're actually pretty gravy if you keep a cool head, prioritize your targets, and take your time.

And not get clubbed in the loving back by the Havel guy, which happens pretty much every time I fight them, because I get greedy and have to get juuuuuuuuuuuust one more hit in on one of the other two dudes.

nominal fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 8, 2015

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Deaderinred posted:

they really wanted offline players to know what a ganksquad was.
DS1 did this as well, albeit less... archetypally.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I just got ganked by something called a spirit of mischief, and I can't find any information about it anywhere online.

It moved super fast, had a ton of crazy weapons that it switched between that I had never seen, as it made its way to me it was in some sort of clay pot?

Is this a super hacker or did I stumble onto something new that no one is talking about yet.

Or maybe they are talking about it and I just can't google for poo poo.

This was in Hunter's Copse bee tee dubs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Someone being silly with the chameleon spell.