Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
https://twitter.com/TESOnline/status/595645422422589440

Imperial City and, later, Orsinium are for sure coming Soon™.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

That sounds about right since ZOSGina mentioned off handedly last week that they'll be talking about DLC after June 9th and Imperial City was the only one she actually named.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

rlloyd3 posted:

https://twitter.com/TESOnline/status/595645422422589440

Imperial City and, later, Orsinium are for sure coming Soon™.

Finally some good Orc Master Race representation!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Scyantific posted:

Epic Breeches of Marital Knowledge

:pervert:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I did find it funny that, as diverse as the Ebonheart Pact areas were (2 Morrowind, 2 Skyrim, and 1 Black Marsh) that the DC was basically 3.5 High Rock, 1.5 Hammerfell (Bangkorai was entirely High Rock north of the garrison, entirely Hammerfell south) and no Orc representation apart from that one tutorial area on Betnikh/Betony.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Cyrodiil exp is so good, I think I made like 7 or 8% of a VR level last night just waiting for a delve boss to spawn with eSporks last night. I think I'll just bring up any alts I have on Thorn blade.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Berke Negri posted:

Cyrodiil exp is so good, I think I made like 7 or 8% of a VR level last night just waiting for a delve boss to spawn with eSporks last night. I think I'll just bring up any alts I have on Thorn blade.

Do you just sit in a Delve and murder things, or do you get into the quests in the towns? I was in Cyrodil the other night and saw a ton of quests at a town in the South East but I didn't pick any up due to poopsockers chasing me.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If I buy this on PC, will I be able to transfer it to a console for $20 next month? I read that you had to have registered the game by June of last year or some nonsense to be able to transfer.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Odds are you can transfer, but it costs 70 dollahs or whatever's the standard console pricing. And possible Gold/Plus sub if companies decide to plug those on, but that applies always then.

GuyUpNorth fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 6, 2015

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012

GuyUpNorth posted:

Odds are you can transfer, but it costs 70 dollahs or whatever's the standard console pricing. And possible Gold/Plus sub if companies decide to plug those on, but that applies always then.

It's confirmed Live/PSN Gold/Plus is required.

robocopforever
Jun 25, 2008
Haven't played since launch and the game is actually a ton of fun. I doubt you will see me dungeon diving though. I've cornered a lucrative trade in stolen black market "Creepy Monkey Dolls". They apparently sell for 10-20 times the amount a level 10 set of armor sells for. Must be in high demand.
Looking for a crafter and Ebonheart Pact invite @robocopforever

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Have you ever felt like being able to see is ruining your immersion? Missing out on what it feels like to have you view obstructed by a helmet? Or maybe you are just a big fan of skate videos and vignette.
Well I have got the addon for you!

Just look at that realism!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I just bought this. It's downloading now and I'll try it out for the first time tonight after work. I read the OP, but is there anywhere that someone new to the game can read up on? Kind of a starter guide of sorts?

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

I've always been partial to The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages for most of my Elder Scrolls needs.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do most people have multiple characters, or is there really only need for one with all the gear changing and skill point resetting?

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
There are 4 classes and each plays differently.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

RCarr posted:

Do most people have multiple characters, or is there really only need for one with all the gear changing and skill point resetting?

There's four classes that have a different style each, but any one of the classes can play any of the roles in the game effectively. With the Ebonheart guild we don't have any set goals or guidelines for anyone, just play the game as you want as long as you're having fun.

You can just have one character that has enough skill points that you can do all your crafting and still have plenty of points for a combat build or two, though that does take time to get to that point. I would say for researching traits you'll want the character you play the most doing that as juggling crafting alts for doing a bit of everything is a lot of resource management and time.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Ordinator armor pack is in the crown store today, if you are the sort to want to play dress up and go around Deshaan corner clubs whispering to ERPers that you are watching them, scum.

Then use that trophy that makes you throw up on someone.

Also, is anyone a vampire with a bite available? Asking for an alt.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

There's four classes that have a different style each, but any one of the classes can play any of the roles in the game effectively. With the Ebonheart guild we don't have any set goals or guidelines for anyone, just play the game as you want as long as you're having fun.

You can just have one character that has enough skill points that you can do all your crafting and still have plenty of points for a combat build or two, though that does take time to get to that point. I would say for researching traits you'll want the character you play the most doing that as juggling crafting alts for doing a bit of everything is a lot of resource management and time.

This is exactly the info I was looking for, thank you.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

700 I presume? Coughing up for 400 gems isn't too bad though... scum.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

Ordinator armor pack is in the crown store today, if you are the sort to want to play dress up and go around Deshaan corner clubs whispering to ERPers that you are watching them, scum.

Then use that trophy that makes you throw up on someone.

Also, is anyone a vampire with a bite available? Asking for an alt.

Yesssss I have the perfect thing to ruin ERP sessions now. I'll post details later when I get home from work.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

New console trailer out:

http://youtu.be/1tR4U_DXyGE

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 7, 2015

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Scyantific posted:

Yesssss I have the perfect thing to ruin ERP sessions now. I'll post details later when I get home from work.

I feel compelled to remind you gamemasters got mad at goons before for harassing RPers, but then I feel curious if they will get mad for harassing ERPers or just say "lalala these things don't exist".

So do what you want!

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Sky Shadowing posted:

I feel compelled to remind you gamemasters got mad at goons before for harassing RPers, but then I feel curious if they will get mad for harassing ERPers or just say "lalala these things don't exist".

So do what you want!

The goon in question got in trouble because he was reported for harassing ERPers and when pleading innocence the GM pulled guildchat transcripts of them.

So that being said it is the official policy to not talk about what RP you wish to pursue in the guild channel. If you want to organize your own RP activities whatever it may be or with whoever it may be it is recommended to do it some other way.

Edit: That or remember to stay in character in the guild channel when letting your friendly goons know of where RP is going down.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 7, 2015

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Berke Negri posted:

The goon in question got in trouble because he was reported for harassing ERPers and when pleading innocence the GM pulled guildchat transcripts of them.

So that being said it is the official policy to not talk about what RP you wish to pursue in the guild channel. If you want to organize your own RP activities whatever it may be or with whoever it may be it is recommended to do it some other way.

The RP'ers get SUPER mad too when you interrupt their playtime. I did get an RP'er to give me some freshly murdered chicken I got them to kill while following them around saying nothing. They wouldn't cook it for me though which was a huge disappointment.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I assume RP is role player but what does ERP mean?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

We probably should do a goon inventory of the trophy emotes though, the ones with unlimited uses. I have maybe like fifteen in my bank but don't remember what most of them do.

Meat sack: throw up
Almalexia lamp: kind of a ball of light effect?
Fetish of anger: makes red flames shoot out of you and your screen go red

Think one freezes you in crystal, one summons mummy yokudans, but can't recall others.

Edit:

RCarr posted:

I assume RP is role player but what does ERP mean?
erotic role playing

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 7, 2015

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

How much for the ordinator pack? Would it be better to buy a month of subscription or just buy the crowns straight up?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

ESO+ is a good investment if you play consistently and would like a modest bonus to your exp gains. Otherwise just buy enough Crowns to get the pack.

E: Ordinator Pack is 1,000 Crowns.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 7, 2015

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

Does anyone with multiple friends playing this game have a hunch on which console is going to have the most players? I'm really torn. I do not have either console but fully plan to buy one at some point. I have to make the decision now however in order to be able to take advantage of the character copy pre-order (it expires in a few days I believe). I've enjoyed both the Xbox 360 and PS3 in the past, so I'm not really invested in either.

I'm interested in the console copy because the idea of sometimes playing on my couch plus the integrated voice chat sounds fun.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Excuse me if my smugness at having claimed Fort Ash is now eclipsed by grabbing Fort Farragut from 2 other alliances. :smug:

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

rlloyd3 posted:

There are 4 classes and each plays differently.

Each of the 4 classes can be played quite differently too. There's a pretty high number of weapon/armor/class/world skills to make some truly uniquely playable characters.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Here's a little clip I recorded showing how my combat damage scrolls up to the left for outgoing and down to the right for incoming in semicircles using CombatCloud. We were talking about it pretty recently in guildchat.

http://www.twitch.tv/creatine_monohydrate/c/6658155

RUM HAM fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 8, 2015

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

The only one I can't really figure out is tank nightblade. Does anyone have an idea of how this would work? I have a ton of unspent points and wouldn't mind mixing up my build to be able to dual class. I can't really dual class into healing because I am stam based.

Overture posted:

Does anyone with multiple friends playing this game have a hunch on which console is going to have the most players?
The PC console.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

eSporks posted:

The only one I can't really figure out is tank nightblade. Does anyone have an idea of how this would work? I have a ton of unspent points and wouldn't mind mixing up my build to be able to dual class. I can't really dual class into healing because I am stam based.

The PC console.

Here's my uneducated opinion but its a lot of evasion tanking I think. It is probably one of the more niche builds but doable.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

With some Siphoning stuff. Off-hand, I don't think the other two have lots of utility for tanking.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

So AOE grinding it the poo poo. I found a killer spot north of sentinel and got in a group with a guy who took his grind very seriously and had a super optimized mob pulling and a route through the camp. In an hour I gained 80% of VR3 to VR4 and gained 6 champion points. I also hit fighters guild 10!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Played for an hour or two yesterday. I subconsciously search every nook and cranny for treasure. Is this a waste of time? Is there a chance of finding decent stuff, or am I wasting my time looking for lock picks and small piles of gold?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

No, have fun. Stealing is awesome. You also might juts find an imperial racial motif and become rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If you find a rare motif or item, make a mad dash to the province fence as if you got caught. Don't be that one idiot who racked up a bounty after stealing an Imperial Motif and got killed by the guard, thereby losing that motif.

• Locked thread