Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

If they were smart they'd expand Galavant to an hour, giving the musical part a little time to breathe. As it is the first season sometimes felt kind of rushed.

Impossible, everyone knows comedies are legally required to be half hour shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

If they were smart they'd expand Galavant to an hour, giving the musical part a little time to breathe. As it is the first season sometimes felt kind of rushed.
They did air two episodes back to back, but yeah, sometimes it would just cut right to the next episode with no fanfare which was odd.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

feedmyleg posted:

Is Galavant anything like a musical Princess Bride and/or Men in Tights? That was what I assumed if it turned out good.

It is exactly like that, in that they stole basically every joke in the show from those two and Monty Python sketches. I gave up after 2 eps because it never emerged from that derivative mire.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I wonder if they'll waste 3/4 of the season putting most of the main cast in a prison cell again.

Boogaleeboo posted:

People thought that Timothy Omundson couldn't carry a show.

How wrong they were.

Nobody could be expected to carry that dumpster fire, but he did his damnedest.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Timothy Omundson looks like James Urbaniak with a beard.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

I'm so happy. I honestly never doubted it would get renewed and I'm glad my blind faith was rewarded.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The American Crime renewal is a big surprise to me. Considering it never really found an audience and the showrunner has already signed on to do another Marvel related project for ABC.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
That Wachowski show Sens8 looks pretty cool. I can see a lot of interesting stuff happening with that premise. Really the only thing they've done that I outright didn't like was Jupiter Ascending. The Matrix sequels weren't great but they had a lot of hype to live up to so I think they get a bit more hate than they deserve.

I'd rather see something ambitious come out that falters than something that delivers on the promise of mediocrity, and the Wachowskis are always ambitious with their films. Yeah the trailer for Sens8 made it look like "super badass people fighting all the time" but I'm hoping it'll be more than that.

I hope next season of Agent Carter will be good 'cause I'm gonna watch it even though the first season petered out.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Is New York City actually cold all the time? Why does Sherlock wear a blazer at all times. Even indoors at his own home.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Mu Zeta posted:

Is New York City actually cold all the time? Why does Sherlock wear a blazer at all times. Even indoors at his own home.

It depends entirely on the filmmaker. For instance, in Spike Lee's world, New York is always a blistering sauna on the verge of heat-induced violence.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I like that Breaking Bad had the opposite problem, where they shot most of the show during freezing cold desert winters but had to act like it was hot outside. At some points it was so cold that they had to suck on ice cubes in between takes to keep their breath from making fog.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

ICE? I THOUGHT THIS SHOW AS ABOUT METH?!?!?!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
how are they any different?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
So Agent Carter lives as the AoS spinoff dies. This is the best possible timeline.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

less laughter posted:

So Agent Carter lives as the AoS spinoff dies. This is the best possible timeline.

Basically as long as there's at least two Marvel shows. More would be better but 2 will suffice i guess.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
On network TV you mean, since Netflix has an additional five Marvel shows in the works, for a total of seven.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Marvel's Agent Carter
Marvel's Daredevil
Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones
Marvel's Luke Cage
Marvel's Iron Fist
Marvel's The Defenders

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Basically as long as there's at least seven Marvel shows. More would be better but 7 will suffice i guess.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Deadpool posted:

The American Crime renewal is a big surprise to me. Considering it never really found an audience and the showrunner has already signed on to do another Marvel related project for ABC.

Yeah same. Also take note that it's boring as hell. Like it turns itself into "what's on in the background" by virtue of its dullness.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

less laughter posted:

Is there anything confirming/backing this up? Because the article just says "I hear..." with no further comments or clarifications from anyone.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

VDay posted:

Is there anything confirming/backing this up? Because the article just says "I hear..." with no further comments or clarifications from anyone.

A few other sites reported it as well.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
The Muppets! The Muppets!

THE MUPPETS

I'm so happy!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

VDay posted:

Someone retweeted the Agents of Carter twitter and whatever intern runs that seems to think they're renewed.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
people think im crazy, so worried all the time

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

IRQ posted:

Someone retweeted the Agents of Carter twitter and whatever intern runs that seems to think they're renewed.

The Carter renewal has been picked up everywhere. He means the spinoff cancellation.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

That Offerman AMA posted last page made me finally get off my butt and start watching the S7 of Parks and Rec (thru Hulu, which I am currently loving. Seriously, when HBO Go is available, I'm thinking them two and my Amazon and Netflix subs are enough for me to finally decouple for paying for TV).

I'm loving it so far. Has the drama and conflict that was missing from other later seasons of Parks, and its real funny too.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think the AV Club is under some kind of weird obligation to rate all new Netflix series no higher than a B-. They did the same thing to Daredevil even though the different guy they had do weekly recaps gave most everything an A-/B+

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shageletic posted:

That Offerman AMA posted last page made me finally get off my butt and start watching the S7 of Parks and Rec (thru Hulu, which I am currently loving. Seriously, when HBO Go is available, I'm thinking them two and my Amazon and Netflix subs are enough for me to finally decouple for paying for TV).

I'm loving it so far. Has the drama and conflict that was missing from other later seasons of Parks, and its real funny too.
It's really good. You can tell the writers struggled to keep the characters growing while having to stop anyone from making major changes in seasons 5 and 6. The show's format was holding it back. In Season 7 they could finally move forward. 30 Rock experienced the same thing.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

zoux posted:

I think the AV Club is under some kind of weird obligation to rate all new Netflix series no higher than a B-. They did the same thing to Daredevil even though the different guy they had do weekly recaps gave most everything an A-/B+

Daredevil has generated some polarizing reactions. Forbes hosted 2 articles, one which was a review that said "this is the best thing ever" and another that called it the worst thing yet and they were both blatant clickbait articles.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

pentyne posted:

Daredevil has generated some polarizing reactions. Forbes hosted 2 articles, one which was a review that said "this is the best thing ever" and another that called it the worst thing yet and they were both blatant clickbait articles.

Not really. I don't know that I've seen a more positively received show in a long time than Daredevil.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've heard nothing but glowing praise for Daredevil. The AV Club's been weird about reviews for a long time now, though.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The only negative things I heard about daredevil were from a drive-by poster in this thread who had his facts all wrong.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You're obviously not up to date on the Daredevil thread, the wheels fell off 2 weeks ago.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
One of my friends thinks the hallway fight scene is terrible, thinks Daredevil the character failed to stand out in it on account of the dim lighting and his all-black costume. He was also bored by the lack of escalation and give-and-take ("Dude just plows through everyone and the scene is over"), and never really got the sense that the fight took anything out of him. It really chaps his rear end that it's compared to the Oldboy fight.

He hasn't seen the series proper, but yeah, they're out there.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress him and his horse.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DivisionPost posted:

One of my friends thinks the hallway fight scene is terrible, thinks Daredevil the character failed to stand out in it on account of the dim lighting and his all-black costume. He was also bored by the lack of escalation and give-and-take ("Dude just plows through everyone and the scene is over"), and never really got the sense that the fight took anything out of him. It really chaps his rear end that it's compared to the Oldboy fight.

He hasn't seen the series proper, but yeah, they're out there.

Have you considered beating him with a piece of rebar until his retinas detach?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Caught up on the Last Man on Earth finale. As a whole I thought the series had a strong beginning and a strong end but a rough middle. Which was mostly because it got stuck in a cycle of Phil does something, people hate him, he makes it up in some way, he screws up again and people hate him again.

The Phil/Carol stuff was the best because it was antagonistic but not in a mean way like seemingly every other character.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 8, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm not saying that there aren't people out there that don't like Daredevil, just that for a TV show and especially for a genre show, the reaction has been mostly positive.

Mostly I was pointing out that one dude from the AV Club was like "feh" in their upfront six-episode review and the dude that did the episode-by-episode recaps liked it quite a bit.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Caught up on the Last Man on Earth finale. As a whole I thought the series had a strong beginning and a strong end but a rough middle. Which was mostly because it got stuck in a cycle of Phil does something, people hate him, he makes it up in some way, he screws up again and people hate him again.

I'm about 5 episodes behind because I had a hard time watching Phil be a moron in every drat episode.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

zoux posted:

I'm not saying that there aren't people out there that don't like Daredevil, just that for a TV show and especially for a genre show, the reaction has been mostly positive.

Mostly I was pointing out that one dude from the AV Club was like "feh" in their upfront six-episode review and the dude that did the episode-by-episode recaps liked it quite a bit.

Who cares about AV Club reviews anyway, they haven't been worth taking seriously for like two years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Forever's been cancelled, according to Alice Evans (Ioan Gruffodd's wife).

I watched the first few episodes, it didn't really grab my attention enough to continue along with it but It seemed similar enough in tone, execution, writing, etc. to Castle or Bones that I assumed it would have a 100+ episode run. Guess not!

• Locked thread