Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I want to always like Arrow, but I swear to gently caress if everyone is fine with Oliver in short order, I'm going to be pissed. The Diggle thing is pretty big.
It's pretty goddamn big!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
"lol, Diggle, I wouldn't have REALLY killed your wife. I had total control over those ninjas that Ras has me use because he doesn't trust me. And listen, The baby was alone for just a few hours, I mean, pssssh, right?"

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

This is kind of like that season of Angel where he becomes evil and separates from the gang. Next season will be Oliver getting back in everyone's good graces and ascending to Green Arrow.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I just don't know how you realistically reconcile after that...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Remember when Felicity was just a recurring character with some fun banter and people were saying "It would be cool to have her on the team"?

I can't believe that she has become the worst character on the show

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

So what can happen at the end of the season? He fixes everything, team Arrow realizes Oliver really was a good guy all along and everyone makes up at the end of the episode? I hope they turn on Oliver and cut him out of the team next season.

Roy returns to Starling City under the alias Connor Hawke and Thea returns under the alias Mia and becomes his sidekick.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Oh yeah: Why did Maseo even save Oliver in the first place? I thought it was because he was in on the plan too, and would double cross R'as with Oliver. But this episode we saw that he really was that far gone, since he was willing to try and kill his wife. So why save him? Also why did Katana help back then? God dammit everything keeps going back to Oliver dying, they really handled that as absolutely terrible as possible. Such a great buildup and 'death' scene with him being thrown off the cliff.

They did kind of explain that he was just repaying his life debt to Oliver, but yeah, there was a lot of loyalty whiplash with Maseo.

Having Maseo in the League was kind of fun though, if only because it suggests that all the League members have some tragic backstory that we'll never know. I'm personally interested to learn how Al-Sahit-in-the-head-with-a-Surface-Pro found his way to Nanda Parbat.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I did like that moment where the surface pro 'takes out' a ninja and Felicity get's all excited but then the ninja drops to reveal Merlyn's bow and she just goes "Oh... that makes more sense"

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Remember when Felicity was just a recurring character with some fun banter and people were saying "It would be cool to have her on the team"?

God and she's so good when she appears on the Flash so we even get teased with everything we liked about the character.

Man I wish I could see the season 1 thread. As someone who got on the Arrow train in early-mid season 2, I really want to know how people reacted to that ballsy-as-all-hell first season finale.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

VagueRant posted:

God and she's so good when she appears on the Flash so we even get teased with everything we liked about the character.

Man I wish I could see the season 1 thread. As someone who got on the Arrow train in early-mid season 2, I really want to know how people reacted to that ballsy-as-all-hell first season finale.

Basically this:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Tommy! :qq:
repeated ad nauseam.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 8, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

VagueRant posted:

The season 1 thread was filled with happiness and hope for a better future. I don't think we liked Laurel, though. This thread is filled with resignation.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Felicity Smoak is no more. There is only تبكي المرأة من دعم فني now.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I think the main issue with Season 3 was that it had to follow an amazing second half of Season 2. We got a far better DeathStroke than we actually deserved for a TV show, Laurel and Roy got to grow (a bit) as characters. We also got hints of Ra's and ATOM, which kept us watching. Even the flashbacks were better.

Season 3 basically had to pick up from there and maybe that wasn't fair. We had the side characters have to contend with Scales Brick, a villain that was really only there to teach them the importance of teamwork and believing in themselves. Meanwhile Ollie died was saved by "magical herbs" and that was that.

The last few episodes have been good, I just hope they can wrap up this storyline and deliver something good for the next season.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Nah, the main issue with Season 3 is that nothing that happens makes any kind of sense and the writers don't even bother to try and justify it. It's also the biggest and worst example of an Idiot Plot in recent memory. All of this could have been avoided if only Oliver was willing to let a mass murderer get his richly deserved comeuppance.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

PowerBeard posted:

I think the main issue with Season 3 was that it had to follow an amazing second half of Season 2. We got a far better DeathStroke than we actually deserved for a TV show, Laurel and Roy got to grow (a bit) as characters. We also got hints of Ra's and ATOM, which kept us watching. Even the flashbacks were better.

Season 3 basically had to pick up from there and maybe that wasn't fair. We had the side characters have to contend with Scales Brick, a villain that was really only there to teach them the importance of teamwork and believing in themselves. Meanwhile Ollie died was saved by "magical herbs" and that was that.

The last few episodes have been good, I just hope they can wrap up this storyline and deliver something good for the next season.

I just can't agree with this. The writing in Season 3 has been uniformly terrible except for a few, specific scenes (like the Ra's/Ollie fight). It feels like the writers had the plot mapped from Point A to Point B and wrote what-the-gently caress-ever to get there, completely ignoring characterization, growth, and anything resembling good sense. Hell, at this point the best written character is Laurel. The dialogue in this episode was stunted and messy and the delivery was terrible on occasion. The pacing hasn't really worked all season and they keep going back to the same wells to manufacture drama; someone dies (Psyche!), "Ollie, we can't be together. I'm with Ray" (Psyche!), "I can't trust you Malcolm/Ollie/Laurel!". The big problem, as I see it, is that they aren't letting the characters drive the plot at all. None of the drama feels organic, it all feels manufactured and the characters act in ways contrary to what we expect because they want to hit certain notes in the story. I hope Barry pulls a Flashpoint and we end up with an entirely different set of circumstances for next season, maybe with an Ollie that's closer to his comics counterpart than Batman. That isn't going to happen, of course, but I can dream.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Most of these issues aren't new, you just didn't notice them as much because there was big stuff happening constantly.

The Flash has the same issue, actually.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Whizbang posted:

That is loving awesome. 'Whiny Tech Support' is just so perfect.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
I kinda just hope that at the beginning of next season, the whole team just goes through the biggest mental gymnastics in the world to forget everything bad that happened with Ollie and just go back to Season 2 happy fun times against Damien Darhk. Like Felicity basically wipes her mind of all the Ollie stuff and Diggle forgets that Ollie took his wife and left his child alone, and Thea forgets that about dying and Roy leaving and just becomes Speedy. It'd just make the story so much better than what we got this year. Just have the group gel again. It was better that way.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

You know, I bet the season ends with Barrowman being in charge of the league. He will be in the lazarus pit and monologue how it was his ridiculously long con and convoluted plan to became Ras.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

PowerBeard posted:

Same here. I actually think that if the next season in part involves Oliver having to earn back the trust of his team, like for at least a few episodes in a way that perhaps would be like the end of season 2 of Angel that would be nice. Maybe even have part of the season be him slowly building the team, with the season ending with team arrow fully rebuilt to face down Damian Dark. Perhaps even have Oliver at the same time start to find that he can actually be a human being.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Whizbang posted:

Google translates this as "Women cry of technical support"

I approve

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You know, I bet the season ends with Barrowman being in charge of the league. He will be in the lazarus pit and monologue how it was his ridiculously long con and convoluted plan to became Ras.

That would be the best thing. Barrowman should be immortal on every TV show. Forever.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Soothing Vapors posted:

Oh poo poo Rory's in it? MUST WATCH TEE VEE

The Last Centurion rides again.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hiddenriverninja posted:

Google translates this as "Women cry of technical support"

I approve

This is 10000% better than a direct translation could ever be

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No women of technical support no cry.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What's ITnA in Arabic?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

zoux posted:

No women of technical support no cry.

Arrow Season 4: No women of technical support no cry

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Hey did anyone know that Barrowman was in Shark Attack 3? He's the guy that offers to eat his gfs pussy.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Well, what else are you supposed to do with a girlfriend, though?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This should go in the S4 OP. This and the HIV gif.

The HIV plot will totally happen next season!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Why is Roy on the run from the cops when everyone thinks he's dead? Wouldn't everyone suddenly be like " Oh hey that's the dude that was the ARrow in Starling city who was supposedly dead and now he's fixing my car."

I mean at least grow a beard or something.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I like to think that no one actually gives a poo poo who the Arrow is other than Quentin Lance.

What's Lance been up to anyway? He only has one episode left to get killed off in.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Now that Roy isn't around to be edited out of episodes, they're dropping Lance scenes like bodies.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I dunno, I liked that episode. It wasn't exactly high art but it was dumb fun up until the end. :)

I really hate that everyone thinks Oliver is poo poo. He's supposed to be the hero of the show. He shouldn't have everyone hate him, he did a thing to save all of Starling City where no one got killed and now his homies aren't going to ever forgive him :smith:

Hollismason posted:

Why is Roy on the run from the cops when everyone thinks he's dead? Wouldn't everyone suddenly be like " Oh hey that's the dude that was the ARrow in Starling city who was supposedly dead and now he's fixing my car."

I mean at least grow a beard or something.

If he grows the Van Dyke, I'm down as gently caress.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chokes McGee posted:

I dunno, I liked that episode. It wasn't exactly high art but it was dumb fun up until the end. :)

I really hate that everyone thinks Oliver is poo poo. He's supposed to be the hero of the show. He shouldn't have everyone hate him, he did a thing to save all of Starling City where no one got killed and now his homies aren't going to ever forgive him :smith:

If he grows the Van Dyke, I'm down as gently caress.

Roy had stubble in the last episode, for pretty much the first time ever.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

These are far too serious terms to drop for such a light show, but Oliver's practically been emotionally abusive to his "team" this year. Running a lovely Xanatos Gambit with Merlyn is just the latest poo poo sundae he's served up.

No matter what the finale does, I don't think I could buy Oliver being back in their graces. "no guys, I mean it this time! I won't lie any more!"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spergatory posted:

Nah, the main issue with Season 3 is that nothing that happens makes any kind of sense and the writers don't even bother to try and justify it. It's also the biggest and worst example of an Idiot Plot in recent memory. All of this could have been avoided if only Oliver was willing to let a mass murderer get his richly deserved comeuppance.

This is the biggest thing. This whole season could have been avoided if Oliver took his head out of his rear end for 3 seconds. I hope someone reminds him that all of this was basically his fault. Then kicks him in the nuts.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The worst thing this show did was bring back Merlyn.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
http://comicbook.com/2015/05/09/arrows-stephen-amell-says-any-dc-tv-show-could-crossover-reveals/

Apparently Amell say's that Constantine crossover he said he would make happen (if it comes back) is something he actually already talked with DC about, they liked it, and the idea they had at the time was to help get some info on the Lazarus Pits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Hollismason posted:

The worst thing this show did was bring back Merlyn.

Agreed. How does him being Theas father, who she now hates, justify them not trying to kill/capture him constantly or at the very least shouting "You killed your own son, go away." at him at every opportunity? They really robbed the character and by extension season 1 of a lot of its weight by how they have treated him this season.

• Locked thread