Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Play 8-4s and do daily events. Pauper is cheap and easy to get into and the payout for the daily events is pretty good if you get 3 wins or more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Eela6 posted:

As far as EV: I know I'm losing money hand over fist every time I fire up MTGO.

Same but I enjoy playing cube in my boxers

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Gyshall posted:

Same but I enjoy playing cube in my boxers

If you have good friends, you can do this without mtgo.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

Past 2AM, it's No Pants O'Clock.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Ramos posted:

Past 2AM, it's No Pants O'Clock.

Chill la Chill posted:

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Gyshall posted:

Play 8-4s and do daily events. Pauper is cheap and easy to get into and the payout for the daily events is pretty good if you get 3 wins or more

Recommend a replacement for treasure cruise than mulldrifter in that mono U control monstrosity or a better deck in pauper since that deck lost it's treasure balls?

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 8, 2015

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I know but you think if you are hand choosing a set and charging a poo poo ton for it you should choose all good cards for rares. Not just a bunch of crap.

It's definitely more than double the ev for double the price.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Chill la Chill posted:

but if I don't wear pants how will I hide my erection when everyone hands me Infect Cube pieces?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Four Score posted:

but if I don't wear pants how will I hide my erection when everyone hands me Infect Cube pieces?

That is another mark of a good friend.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

UK Goons, have you found any place that sells reasonably cheap Modern Masters 2015 booster boxes? Me and a few friends want to buy one to draft (Since none of us got to play the original Modern Masters.) So far we have found one at ebay selling for £190 and MagicMadhouse (Crazy, considering they are absurd prices) being the cheapest UK website at £200. If anyone has found somewhere cheaper, that would be great, thanks.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Samael posted:

UK Goons, have you found any place that sells reasonably cheap Modern Masters 2015 booster boxes? Me and a few friends want to buy one to draft (Since none of us got to play the original Modern Masters.) So far we have found one at ebay selling for £190 and MagicMadhouse (Crazy, considering they are absurd prices) being the cheapest UK website at £200. If anyone has found somewhere cheaper, that would be great, thanks.

Try your LGS, mine was taking preorders at £164

Owithey
Aug 16, 2009

Samael posted:

If you're a regular at Dark Sphere they're selling them at £185. Otherwise you're looking at getting one from abroad I think. I saw a couple of places on eBay shipping from Greece and Germany for a bit cheaper. Only about £10 in it though.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Chill la Chill posted:

No smell on MODO :smith:

also I travel a ton so usually I'm stuck in a hotel or whatever and MODO helps kill the time and draft entries fall under the "Entertainment" category on my expense reports :v:

PleasantDirge posted:

Recommend a replacement for treasure cruise than mulldrifter in that mono U control monstrosity or a better deck in pauper since that deck lost it's treasure balls?

Mono U is garbage post bans unless you're playing some delver variant, but I think the format is still great for brewing right now.

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper/full#online has a good overview of the current meta state, lots of viable decks.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I love that reality acid deck

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Full spoiler up

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
WOTC laughs at your Goblin Guide reprint hopes.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Angry Grimace posted:

WOTC laughs at your Serum Visions reprint hopes.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

RIP damnation. Too beautiful for this world.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
As with every "full" spoiler, everything you didn't already know about was either commons you don't care about or jank rares.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Wow really no serum visions or sleight of hand. Maro is screwing us again.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
But Telling Time is back!! :D

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I'll just grab my playset of Goblin Guides now and not later then.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Watch them stick Goblin Guide in BFZ.

Obviously if you want to play Burn you should probably get them now anyway for if they don't.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Snacksmaniac posted:

Wow really no serum visions or sleight of hand. Maro is screwing us again.

I'm legitimately confused as to why they would refuse to put those in.

-I doubt they don't realize they're necessary reprints. Visions, at least. (Sleight is much more of a niche card in its applications, does anything other than Storm actually play it?)

-I don't think those two poo poo on limited or anything.

-Sleight of Hand might plausibly be a planned reprint in Origins or RTZ but I doubt scry is coming back that soon so Visions probably isn't.

-I doubt Visions is on the de facto reserved list where they don't want to actually reprint it in large enough quantities to noticeably move the price. It's a common, for god's sake.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Snacksmaniac posted:

RIP damnation. Too beautiful for this world.

It wasn't in FtV Annihilation either. I'm sure the color pie fanatics have an "explanation" for why cards that break the color pie need to have a high financial cost.

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
hmm yes i do want trash limited uncommons and commons instead of reprinting a $6 common, thanks wizards!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

It wasn't in FtV Annihilation either. I'm sure the color pie fanatics have an "explanation" for why cards that break the color pie need to have a high financial cost.
Except it doesn't break color pie now. Black gets sweepers now (Crux?) and it gets "can't regenerate" more than white does.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Why are people bitching about no Damnation in MM15? It's already getting a reprint.

:smaug:

I really need to decide if I'll go to the summer conference or not augh.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Graft plus Persist :getin:

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Serperoth posted:

Why are people bitching about no Damnation in MM15? It's already getting a reprint.

:smaug:

I really need to decide if I'll go to the summer conference or not augh.

The WotC star looks really awful as a watermark there.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Henron posted:

hmm yes i do want trash limited uncommons and commons instead of reprinting a $6 common, thanks wizards!

Hey. They're reprinting Mana Leak, at least. :shobon:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Hey at least we get Smash to Smithereens, I've been trying to get a playset of those for a while but can't justify spending $4/card on commons.

Also if I get my way I am drafting UG Counters/Proliferate every time.

E: Also I'm a little surprised to see Mutagenic Growth on there. I guess Modern Infect is safe for now?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 8, 2015

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
TCG Mid on Serum Visions is $7.75 right now, so I figure it'll get to $10 soon enough.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

WOTC laughs at your Goblin Guide reprint hopes.

we need hellkite charger and banefire instead

DUH

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
im the core set garbage in elementals. like what the gently caress cloud elemental and air servant go back to the fuckign core set.

At least Faerie Mechanist made it in I guess.

agony warp at uncommon :wtc:

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Boco_T posted:

TCG Mid on Serum Visions is $7.75 right now, so I figure it'll get to $10 soon enough.

I traded in all my Serum Visions expecting a reprint and kept all my Remands assuming if it did get reprinted it would be the old terrible art and not the cool duel deck one. gently caress you Wizards.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

No Path, so I guess they're hoping the FNM thing was enough. Same thing with Inquisition of Kozilek (although I actually think it will be in BFZ with Thoughtseize rotating out).

But Serum Visions they should just reprint, seems silly as gently caress to just let a common be $10 for no real reason. Maybe they're doing another Event Deck with Serum Visions and Gitaxian Probe - the last event deck had 3 Path and 3 Inquisition... *shrug*

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Elyv posted:

we need hellkite charger and banefire instead

No you see limited environments need a lame dragon and we need dragons in order for casual players to buy this product that has fewer dragons than dragons of tarkir and costs 2.5 times as much and faaaaaaaaaaaart.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
A Delver Modern Event Deck would be right around the value level they want for those, with 4 Visions 3 Probe or whatever.

The first one came out 5/30/14 though so we're looking at a full year until that happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Joke's on you Wizards, I already got playsets of Goblin Guide and Serum Visions :smaug:

I am a little miffed about no Glimpse the Unthinkable reprint. No reason that should be 25 bucks.

Of course, they could print Serum Visions as the other Modern FNM promo.

• Locked thread