Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Burning_Monk posted:

It's going to be a long summer break.

Always unsubscribe from TVIV threads during breaks. That's a rule with no exceptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My friend told me a startling realization he had.

If Wells is freeballing it in the costume, Barry is the only one who's seen him naked in the trailer for the next episode.

I'd fully expect something like "GAH DAMMIT DUDE WHAT THE poo poo?" from Barry while the other 2 just kinda look at each other like "Wha?"

"He mooned you at super speed, and let's just say that riding that wheelchair all year has NOT helped him in the saggy old man balls dept"

I had to laugh, cause it fits in with Wells being a complete asshat when he can.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Somebody should as Tom that on Twitter.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

VagueRant posted:

Why did Iris and Eddie each not immediately take Barry for task over that time The Flash WENT CRAZY AND ATTACKED EDDIE? I mean we know it was mind controlly weirdness, but they don't!

With the flash then having fought the reverse flash who had just murdered eddie's anti-flash taskforce i think eddie was probably flash-cool enough that it wasn't so much "immediately take barry to task" and more something to go "so what the hell was up with the time you attacked me?'" off screen.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Solaris Knight posted:

Let's see who REALLY is the thief.

I CALLED IT, IT WAS LEX LUTHOR

Lex Luthor's VA stole forty gold bars! That's as much as four tons. And that's terrible.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Neo_Crimson posted:

Not really. She's definitely an alien and it's a huge plot point that she betrays Earth when the Thanagarians invade in the finale. Hawkman's just a regular dude with a crazy stalker crush on Hawkgirl and thinks they're reincarnation of two Thanagarians that landed on Earth thousands of years ago.

It's heavily implied that both Hawkman and Hawkgirl are reincarnations of Thanagarians that left earth and that Jon Stewart is the reincarnation of said hawkgirl's previous lover.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

McSpanky posted:

Lex Luthor's VA stole forty gold bars! That's as much as four tons. And that's terrible.

Thirty nine. One fell off.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

This was a great episode! I thought Grodd looked great, and goddamn, the guy that plays Joe was loving selling bring terrified in the sewers. I also thought that it made sense that Grodd would do whatever Wells wanted. Caitlin even points out that they always had a special bond.

I'm glad that Iris knows now, but drat, quit being so...Iris-y. People don't have to tell you their goddamn secrets if they don't want to. I understand it's a huge deal, but tone down the indignation a bit.

I noticed during the episode for some readon, but does anyone else think the eyeholes in Barry's mask are slightly too large? I also feel that they should have some kind of clear lens over them or something. Dude runs at super speed everywhere. Just a matter of time before he takes something in the eye. Of course, I guess then Cisco would have to create tiny eyehole lens wipers to get rid of bug splatter.

And finally, nthing this, but drat, Caitlin was wearing that skirt!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Sekkira posted:

It's heavily implied that both Hawkman and Hawkgirl are reincarnations of Thanagarians that left earth and that Jon Stewart is the reincarnation of said hawkgirl's previous lover.

In JLU? Where?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

My Q-Face posted:

In JLU? Where?

Pretty sure it is the episode where The Shade hooks them all up to the Mind Vision thingy.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

10 Beers posted:

I noticed during the episode for some readon, but does anyone else think the eyeholes in Barry's mask are slightly too large?

Nah, that's a typical portrayal of The Flash mask, just like Captain America's mask--large eyeholes that show some face.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
So how many seasons do we need until Barry timetravels to the past and fights some dinosaurs?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
It's funny, I've been watching this thinking "Man, they make Barry out to be such a dumbass in this show." So I rewatched some JLU episodes, turns out he's just as useless on that show. Every scene the flash is in is like *Speed punch 3 guys, run into laser beam/bomb/tentacle/bar/arm and be knocked out for like 10 minutes*

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
JLU Flash is Wally West, but yeah, Flash is dumb. If he weren't, he'd be unstoppable.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
As his legs get faster, the neurons firing in his head get slower

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Valeyard posted:

Law of conservation of idiocy

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

JLU Flash is Wally West, but yeah, Flash is dumb. If he weren't, he'd be unstoppable.

It's ironic because he's a super-smart forensic scientist. :D

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Valeyard posted:

Life gave him two neuron intensive organs, but only enough energy to work one at a time. Use of his speed puts Barry in a haze of stupidity that makes him ultra focused on running and hero'ing, but kind of stupid about it because his brain is energy starved.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

McSpankWich posted:

It's funny, I've been watching this thinking "Man, they make Barry out to be such a dumbass in this show." So I rewatched some JLU episodes, turns out he's just as useless on that show. Every scene the flash is in is like *Speed punch 3 guys, run into laser beam/bomb/tentacle/bar/arm and be knocked out for like 10 minutes*

That's Wally, but yea, same thing happens to Martian Manhunter. If those two aren't written out of the plot early there's no point in having people like Hawkgirl on the show because they wouldn't get to do poo poo.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Case in point, when Flash beats the big bad of the first season of unlimited entirely on his own.

Oh and when Luthor gets the Flash's powers and is basically an unstoppable killing machine as a result.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
There was that time in Doom where Martian Manhunter spends almost the whole movie on fire so he can't help, that was pretty funny

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Oh and when Luthor gets the Flash's powers and is basically an unstoppable killing machine as a result.

This is my favorite episode of JLU I think.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Wonder how many CW comic shows they can make before it implodes on itself.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

You might have missed it but comic book properties are hot hot hot right now.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

As many as they want as long as they're not all connected to each other.

This is not what I would want. :(

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

McSpankWich posted:

This is my favorite episode of JLU I think.

"Now to find out who you really are Flash!... I have no idea who this is."

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS

While the shows are hot properties, it's still likely there will be an over saturation of show genres. Look at how the network used to be teen melodramas and shows dealing with the super natural.

They're brilliant at adapting to the market while they can... but it doesn't mean that everyone will watch every program.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

courtney_beth posted:

Look at how the network used to be teen melodramas

Yeah, like Smallville.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Ride that wave, CW. They made 80 CSI shows, you can do a D list Justice League with like Elongated Man or the 7 Soldiers

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

courtney_beth posted:

While the shows are hot properties, it's still likely there will be an over saturation of show genres. Look at how the network used to be teen melodramas and shows dealing with the super natural.

They're brilliant at adapting to the market while they can... but it doesn't mean that everyone will watch every program.

You're basing this on what? How hospital shows and police procedurals are no longer popular on network TV?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zoux posted:

You're basing this on what? How hospital shows and police procedurals are no longer popular on network TV?

if SUPERHERO:CITY NAME replaces CRIMEPROCEDURAL: CITY NAME the world will be all the better for it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dr. Strange: Medicine Woman

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Aphrodite posted:

Dr. Fate: Medicine Woman

This is a DC show thread :cmon:

Edit: I just realized that Grodd DID know Barry was the Flash before Iris lol

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

This is a DC show thread :cmon:

Dr. Fate: Medicine Woman

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Nah, Dr. Fate is obviously a time and space travelling sci-fi show made on a shoestring budget but starring surprisingly high-quality actors for some odd reason. I do hope that if superhero tv shows continue to proliferate that they broaden their approach somewhat and go for superhero sitcoms, superhero sci-fi shows and so forth too, rather than each iteration literally just being a different hero in a different city.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
People have been saying that Superhero Things are going to burn out or implode or self-masticate or whatever for decades at this point. There are probably forum members here younger than however long it's been that people have been saying this. If Smallville and Green Lantern combined couldn't kill Superhero Things, it's not going away anytime soon.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
HBO will start doing what American Horror Story or True Detective does and just have one superhero per season, and only one season per character.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

BrianWilly posted:

People have been saying that Superhero Things are going to burn out or implode or self-masticate or whatever for decades at this point. There are probably forum members here younger than however long it's been that people have been saying this. If Smallville and Green Lantern combined couldn't kill Superhero Things, it's not going away anytime soon.

We just need another Steel movie to kill the superhero genre (again). :madmax:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Drifter posted:

HBO will start doing what American Horror Story or True Detective does and just have one superhero per season, and only one season per character.

If they did make a show like the Powers comic I'd be down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Bad Moon posted:

If they did make a show like the Powers comic I'd be down

Have you not seen Sony's Powers show based off the comic?

• Locked thread