Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
Heard someone was looking for a J4G.

Wyatt Derp fucked around with this message at 12:43 on May 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

goodness posted:

Ban everyone who quoted that.

shut the gently caress up nerd

powers
Jul 26, 2005

The Maller is an Amarrian frigate, used by hotdroppers.

~SMcD
You people may have heard that groon is the weakest link. With those posting skills, you can see why.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

CainFortea posted:

But I don't want to be in a corporation with a DOT in it's name.

I'll sponsor you in.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Recoome posted:

+8800 rep now i am king

Some motherfucker set my rep to like -3000, it was +200 before :mad:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

lol

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

~my rep backbone~

Hi widestancer

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

-Troika- posted:

ha it was all for nothing

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

-Troika- posted:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The new Newbee.

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

-Troika- posted:

:guitar: in the end it doesn't even matter :guitar:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

causticBeet posted:

The best part about being a goon in EVE is ignoring strat op pings to poo poo around in syndicate. Also getting bored of your solo roam, picking a lovely fight, losing your ship, and getting enough SRP to buy two.

If you are ignoring mainfleet pings you are profoundly retarded and I cannot help you :cripes:

Syndicate is and always has been where we hang out when gently caress all is going on.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zasze posted:

If you are ignoring mainfleet pings you are profoundly retarded and I cannot help you :cripes:

We built an empire so that goons in space can be free of red pens. One of the things that really inspired me to grind around the clock structure shots was the thought that in so doing I was helping to provide for all those programs like reimbursement and newbee packs, and so that the average goon in space did not have to do anything he did not want to do. Faffing about cluelessly while ignoring the serious business of Internet spaceships is every goon's birthright.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Its been a long standing joke in Goonfleet to go off with your goon friends and do your own thing for awhile during serious business stratops. And you really can make some serious ISK for Goonwaffe by ratting. And I don't know if other corps in the alliance pay taxes to Goonwaffe if they rat in our space, but if they do, there's some serious isk there too. Some of these corps have hardcore poopsockers.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
GoonWaffe ratting tax single handedly funds the reimbursement payouts for all of Goonswarm Federation, and then some. :patriot:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Nietzschean posted:

GoonWaffe ratting tax single handedly funds the reimbursement payouts for all of Goonswarm Federation, and then some. :patriot:

I remember back when BoB was still a thing, nullsec alliances loving hated their carebears and were all about being ~elite pvp'ers~

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Its been a long standing joke in Goonfleet to go off with your goon friends and do your own thing for awhile during serious business stratops. And you really can make some serious ISK for Goonwaffe by ratting. And I don't know if other corps in the alliance pay taxes to Goonwaffe if they rat in our space, but if they do, there's some serious isk there too. Some of these corps have hardcore poopsockers.

Member corps do not pay ratting taxes to Goonwaffe (Unless I've forgotten something and I'm retarded).

Helpimscared fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 8, 2015

im fat
Feb 28, 2014

Recoome posted:

shut the gently caress up nerd

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Demiurge4 posted:

I remember back when BoB was still a thing, nullsec alliances loving hated their carebears and were all about being ~elite pvp'ers~

Many still do, including our allies. Goons are in a very privileged position.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Nietzschean posted:

We built an empire so that goons in space can be free of red pens. One of the things that really inspired me to grind around the clock structure shots was the thought that in so doing I was helping to provide for all those programs like reimbursement and newbee packs, and so that the average goon in space did not have to do anything he did not want to do. Faffing about cluelessly while ignoring the serious business of Internet spaceships is every goon's birthright.

Thank your for your sacrifice Lyris "FUCCBOI" Pubstar. 75 neckbeared virgins and Arkhamina will reward you at ice swarm for your martyrdom on behalf of goonkinahahahhahahah

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Demiurge4 posted:

I did some mining last night and I liked it :colbert:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Demiurge4 posted:

BoB and everyone that followed them were loving cancer. I'd rather see the rise of a hundred FCONs before I ever see those cocksuckers running the game again.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Viva Miriya posted:

Thank your for your sacrifice Lyris "FUCCBOI" Pubstar. 75 neckbeared virgins and Arkhamina will reward you at ice swarm for your martyrdom on behalf of goonkinahahahhahahah

It's the same joy I get from mining a bunch of cobblestone for castle walls in SA minecraft pvp servers like Blockskriege or Keepcraft, and in chopping up deer for biofuel in H1Z1. There is no sacrifice to it: I prefer to do those things because it makes me feel good, whereas some people think they're the most tedious bullshit in the world but greatly benefit from someone doing them.

Also lmbo trying to call out a fat white nerd for being uncool or whatever you sure pwned me ur so kewl.

Thurin
Jun 24, 2006

Nietzschean posted:

It's the same joy I get from mining a bunch of cobblestone for castle walls in SA minecraft pvp servers like Blockskriege or Keepcraft, and in chopping up deer for biofuel in H1Z1. There is no sacrifice to it: I prefer to do those things because it makes me feel good, whereas some people think they're the most tedious bullshit in the world but greatly benefit from someone doing them.

Also lmbo trying to call out a fat white nerd for being uncool or whatever you sure pwned me ur so kewl.

Did you ever join Reavers? I ask because it's pretty much weaponized autism and therefore very much your scene.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

vyst posted:

Me right now not having to maintain the EVE thread

I'm working from home today in a hammock with a beer in my hand. That's very much me as well.

cheers!

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I'm working from home today in a hammock with a beer in my hand. That's very much me as well.

cheers!

Me too! Feels good man.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thurin posted:

Did you ever join Reavers? I ask because it's pretty much weaponized autism and therefore very much your scene.

I went on a couple of deployments, but that coincided with when I was burning out on EVE Online. I am super jealous of Asher (who is a really great guy), because his SIG is p much what I would love to do all day every day if I was still playing this game.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Nietzschean posted:

I went on a couple of deployments, but that coincided with when I was burning out on EVE Online. I am super jealous of Asher (who is a really great guy), because his SIG is p much what I would love to do all day every day if I was still playing this game.

You're adorable. Never change friend. You are the nip to our bud.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Nietzschean posted:

And all I really want to do is faff about and "elite pvp".

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Zasze posted:

Syndicate is and always has been where we hang out when gently caress all is going on.

Ok sorry sir I will make sure I am at the ready next time we have an uncontested pos shoot in delve or whatever. Maybe if we're lucky some ishtars will land on grid and then promptly gently caress off.

Nietzschean posted:

Holy poo poo are these still around? I used to play on the blockskreig server or whichever one it was that let you build vine towers to the sky to raid the ~*enemy and it owned.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
look at you koshka, a few years in power and you turn into The Man

i spent like two and a half wars doing syndicate stuff instead and i regret nothing

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Zasze posted:

There are more things strategically important things under the sun than those just encapsulated under "mainfleet". Now if someone's just combating the gurristas menace during 100% of their playtime in Eve, I'd agree with you. But scouts, logistics, blackops and reavers are all probably looking at you like you are dumb right now.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vulvamancer posted:

And all I really want to do is faff about and "elite pvp".

Then do it! That is the beauty of our space empire: something for everyone, and you don't have to do any of it you don't want.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

scandoslav posted:

We aren't useful. :v:

You know what? I take this back. I've had more than one nerd tell me they would've quit Eve/Waffe if it wasn't for our little group, so we're providing a good and useful service just by being cool funhavers.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nietzschean posted:

dear leader just linked us all to the new, modernized goonfleet logo

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

scandoslav posted:

You know what? I take this back. I've had more than one nerd tell me they would've quit Eve/Waffe if it wasn't for our little group, so we're providing a good and useful service just by being cool funhavers.

Here's the thing. Space Violence, is not useful. It's fun, but not useful. It hasn't been useful since SUAS left. Useful is being able to assist with strategic objectives, or harass enemies from participating against us. You provide zero value to either of those objectives, because you stay in Syndicate all the time, so as a result you're not useful at all. The directorate however let's you exist for now because you do provide fun for people during peacetime, which is useful during peacetime, but during wartime and strategic op time you are the furthest thing from useful you can be.

You're effectively like those Russians that would never leave Curse/Perrigen Falls and still tried claiming reimbursement.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Um that's garnt, he's in holesquad

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

I guess SV knows what's up now though :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I'd like to do holesquad stuff, but I don't want to leave Goonswarm.

• Locked thread