Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Blockhouse posted:

I wanna see the hedgehog

go into the water
Every time whenever Matt does his Dusty Roads impression I keep thinking it's Christopher Walken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Dexie posted:

On the subject of Liam...

I'm listening to this week's podcast, and is he REALLY trying to argue that the characters in DARKSTALKERS aren't marketable? Seriously?

Ahahaha, I was facepalming the whole time him and Pat were going on about it. I loving LOVE Rival Schools/Project Justice. Love it. A lot. More than Darkstalkers. But how can anyone not see why crazy versions of movie monsters which include two certain... ahhhh star players like Morrigan and Felicia would be more looked at than a fighting game featuring a cast who are just regular folks (mostly) 2/3rds of which are wearing school uniforms with little differences. I mean I can get liking something real hard and that sort of distorting your view but in regards to Rival Schools I don't think they're on planet Earth anymore.

ArclightBorealis posted:

Every time whenever Matt does his Dusty Roads impression I keep thinking it's Christopher Walken.

The podcast should namechange into "DAH MOTHERTHIP, DADDY!".

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Commissar Ken posted:

Ahahaha, I was facepalming the whole time him and Pat were going on about it. I loving LOVE Rival Schools/Project Justice. Love it. A lot. More than Darkstalkers. But how can anyone not see why crazy versions of movie monsters which include two certain... ahhhh star players like Morrigan and Felicia would be more looked at than a fighting game featuring a cast who are just regular folks (mostly) 2/3rds of which are wearing school uniforms with little differences. I mean I can get liking something real hard and that sort of distorting your view but in regards to Rival Schools I don't think they're on planet Earth anymore.

It's just Liam and Capcom who think that. :smith:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

hoobajoo posted:

He is absolutely, 100% using it as a crutch. But as has been said before, trying to talk in an engaging way all the time while playing a skill-intensive video game is not easy, so I don't blame him for playing on auto-pilot. And Dark 2 basically didn't have parries, they were so bad, so it's just falling back on the familiar while he's trying to multi-task. Pat has a lot more variety in his approaches, and is actually willing to try new weapons, because he's so much more experienced with Souls games.

That's understandable but it kinda leads to making the videos bland to watch. I'd compare it to watching someone do ABC combos in Marvel 3 or something and nothing else. Yeah it's effective and gets the job done in some situations but it's the same thing over and over again and it's just kinda painful to watch when it's clearly punishing him more then helping him. I'm legit concerned that he's somehow forgot how to fight completely after seeing him botch the alien encounter in the woods.

Like I feel bad for Woolie as he seems legit upset on twitter about people making fun of how he plays but... why not try to fix it or at least roll with it? Lashing out at fans is what I'd expect from DSP.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 8, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Commissar Ken posted:

Darkstalkers characters/cast has already proven itself to be not be a 'head turner'/marketable. It's why it's not around/people don't give two fucks about it outside of Fight games nerds like us/the Zaibatsu. Like even looking at it as Anime Versions of well known/beloved horror movie monsters it's kind of a failure on that front. Everything very very exaggerated to the point that most people are gonna look at it and just laugh it off. "Come see our sexy cat lady, the corniest least cool Dracula ever, and the dreaded Generic Furry Wolfman!" doesn't really appeal to a mass market.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

A bit behind on the podcast, just listened to the end of the April 6th one and had to laugh at Woolie trying to hint at an 'adventure' coming up and everyone being like nope nuh-uh that's not a thing! because it was too early to announce.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So is there a technical reason why the sonic videos don't show up on youtube video list?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

So is there a technical reason why the sonic videos don't show up on youtube video list?

Matt doesn't want people to know.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tae posted:

Meta joke. The sonic videos are janky as hell and cut at random because their videos about Sonic games. Even Youtube is in on it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It is weird, because they aren't set to unlisted or anything. They just, like, aren't showing up on the channel at all. I think Youtube had some kind of hiccup when they uploaded them originally. I've been encountering lots of weird annoyances with Youtube lately, like broken thumbnails and videos saving my place sticking permanently to one spot in the vid etc.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Almost nothing is right about this game. It's only natural the videos are the same :v:

Still good podcast material.

I also appreciate that this has a very MKX story mode where the script changes to make whoever you're playing as the best character. Sonic kind of scoffs at Tails during his gameplay, now that you're Tails Sonic is AMAZED at how cool Tails is.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 8, 2015

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think the Shamu Mystery Box episode is also not showing up on the channel, which is a shame because everyone should see Shamu's sick Vergil combos.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

HGH posted:

I think the Shamu Mystery Box episode is also not showing up on the channel, which is a shame because everyone should see Shamu's sick Vergil combos.

WHAT

There was 6th mysterious box? What the gently caress?!

Matt, please fix soon

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The "glitched" videos showed up just fine on the My Subscriptions page. Kind of weird.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, it shows up fine on the website and in subscriptions. Thing is though, if you have too many subscriptions uploading too many videos on the same day, Youtube suddenly decides to selectively remove videos from the list because... well because they're incompetent that's why.

Tae posted:

WHAT

There was 6th mysterious box? What the gently caress?!

Matt, please fix soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySNV2jM8mtU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I also appreciate that this has a very MKX story mode where the script changes to make whoever you're playing as the best character. Sonic kind of scoffs at Tails during his gameplay, now that you're Tails Sonic is AMAZED at how cool Tails is.

Every narrator in the sonic universe is unreliable

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
The videos show up two months in the past near podcast 83's video.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh, so it's the Shaolin Monks issue all over again?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

HGH posted:

Oh, so it's the Shaolin Monks issue all over again?

I guess they did record this LP in January and uploaded it like late February or something.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
That dangus uploaded it in Feb but set it to private?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Just watched the latest Sonic episode. Is there really any dubbed stuff where characters go "oraora"? That doesn't seem like it'd work.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I'm loving loving this sonic playthrough, because its basically Metroid Fusion all over again. Liam quietly plays through a game and sometimes gets hype about a thing happening while Woolie and Matt chit chat about stupid poo poo in the background. I'm unironically excited to see how far away from Sonic they are able to drift in casual conversation.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

HGH posted:

Just watched the latest Sonic episode. Is there really any dubbed stuff where characters go "oraora"? That doesn't seem like it'd work.

Knuckles does that when he digs in SA2. I forget if he does it in 1 as well but I definitely remember it in 2.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

HGH posted:

There's the dub of the first three episodes of JJBA season 2.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh yeah, that was actually pretty good.

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9NHKRbE6q8
I know Liam likes hunting but he's pushing the look a bit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The beast wars tangent in the second episode was some golden age giant bomb-level improv, especially the singing. Good poo poo

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

No bloodborne today? That freaks me out.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Eh, Big the Cat section of Sonic Adventure is obviously better than Bloodborne anyway.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

HGH posted:

I know Liam likes hunting but he's pushing the look a bit.

The more hair Liam has, the higher his power level is. Haven't you ever seen DBZ man???

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Liam is slowly but steadily becoming The Most Bara

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

This Sonic LP is basically their best work since the David Cage Descents. Love Woolie and Matt just shooting the poo poo about whatever while liam is forced to play lovely games.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I thought I said it before but they should really think about doing more 3-person LPs. Having two people who can shoot the poo poo or bicker or come up with plans and theories while a third one actually plays the game(possibly competently!) makes for great entertainment.

I realize this would be much more staffing-intensive, but they seem to be having a ton of fun in this LP in particular, so hopefully it would be a similar deal with others.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
3 person LPs are definitely something that need to happen more often. That and Brawls. Those seriously need to make a return.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This Sonic LP is basically their best work since the David Cage Descents. Love Woolie and Matt just shooting the poo poo about whatever while liam is forced to play lovely games.

Prison break!!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

But they are playing a good game? Your description doesn't seem right.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Pat Woolie and Liam would've been a win rear end Super Mario RPG playthrough.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

But they are playing a good game? Your description doesn't seem right.

But every second of the LP seems to disagree with you. As someone that never played the 3D Sonic games, they look objectively bad. Bad in a charming way maybe, but still just bad.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
With the exception of Big's stages, I personally feel that while SA1 and 2 are bad games, they're still enjoyable to play. It's one of those rare cases where it's a bad game in a lot of ways, but it still manages to be fun where it counts.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

CJacobs posted:

With the exception of Big's stages, I personally feel that while SA1 and 2 are bad games, they're still enjoyable to play. It's one of those rare cases where it's a bad game in a lot of ways, but it still manages to be fun where it counts.

The chao garden is where it counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ruggington posted:

The chao garden is where it counts

Chao garden is chill and cute so yes I agree.

I think "bad in a charming way" is definitely a good way to describe the game overall. I hope the guys suffer through SA2 as well just because it'll be more of this series to watch.