Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tae posted:

Her full name's Clementia Förster, if that's reference or something.

Dr Clayton Forrester :munch:. That's either a hell of a coincidence or a deliberate reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

For intents and purposes, it's another kill-all mission. Just gotta knock down one more key mission after this.

Tempted to turn on money cheats, but I want at least some progression goals to go for.

Ali? What's the matter? You're all out of breath.

I don't want to go away from Avon and Cosette!
You would dare defy me?
No, Mama! I love you! I do, but... But I also want to be with them! Mama, am I really just... Do I have to live just to destroy things? I want to use my power to protect you! To protect all of you!
Protect us?

WHAT THE gently caress

What the hell's this game's method of pacing, which is to just get to the next spot without any decent progression? "Oh, you're developing feelings. I must kill you all now."

A Valkyria's meaning lies in raw, destructive power. Pushing that capacity for uncreation to its limit makes the perfect warrior. I have no use for a Valkyria who rejects destruction.
She's not here for you to use, you psycho!
Move. Or I will shoot.
You go right ahead, then. And I'll be happy to return the favor!

One subject in my previous facility fell in love with an imperial prince. She ignored my orders, used her power for him, and died a fool's death. Squandering that power in exchange for the life of one man is... pathetic.

So science bitch is a former Imperial scientist, and her previous subject was Selvaria Bles, a Valkyur general that attacked Gallia two years ago.

You shut your mouth!
...I'm staying with Avon and Cosette.
I don't want to kill any more! I want to help keep people safe!
You will, Ali.

Bitch, where you gonna find another Valkyria? Hope border patrol shoots you in the head the second you leave Gallia.

Humanity is a fatal flaw in a soldier. You've lost any hope of perfection. Mark my words, you'll find no acceptance, no chance at a normal life.

This is like a mud monster telling someone they'll never be clean.

That's not true! She's a human being, same as I am! She has every right to happiness and acceptance, and she'll find them here!
Hmm...

Please, Mama... Mamaaa!
Oh, Ali....
Mamaaaa....
I'm sorry, Ali. What she did was wrong, but to you she was still your mom. We're here with you, though. And we're not going anywhere.
Come on, Aliasse. Let's head back to the rest of Class G.
Huh?
You said you wanted to stay with us, right?
Well, from here on out, you're part of the class!
Really?
Really, I may not be your mom, but I can be your big sister. Now, c'mon, sis!
A sister? Cosette, I... Okay!

Ali, you're our friend! And you've got all the time in the world to return the favor.
Okay!

...Ooookay, we now have literally the strongest character in the entire game in our squad now. And we did this by...playing soccer with her once...and planted flowers...and stripped Juliana of her bikini.

...Sure, why not. At least she's not an Engineer.

*The next day*

Okay, it's a uniform... Now explain the shirt.
It was too big and hard to move around in! This works a lot better.
Oh, don't listen to him. Come on, I'll show you around campus.

*After the tour*

Lanseal has stopped functioning as an academy. The headmaster's death also broke the chain of command from the army.
But we're still here. So now it falls on us to keep the south safe.
Exactly. More than ever, everything we can do for these people counts.
Right. It's up to us!

*Avan's stomach grumbles*

Okay, now that that's settled, I'm hungry. I'm headed to the campus store.
Ooh, me too! Me too!

*A moment later*

Hello! I've got a fresh batch of bread, hot from the oven.
Mmm, smells amazing! Count me in!
Um, do you mind if I ask what made you two decide to stay here on campus?
The students who stayed on are all pushing themselves to the limit for Gallia. We just couldn't leave.
We figured we'd do what we could to help out, even if that's just being here.

So uh...I'm assuming no one knows why the headmaster killed himself, because Welkin and Alicia are too calm about all this.

Then again, they've been useless and wasted cameos since day 1 so maybe they really just don't care because the writers can't possibly have them remotely care about their country being taken over by fanatics.

That would be too convenient.

I see... Well, thank you!
This is so yummy! I wonder if you could bake with Valkyrian fire.
Oh man, I'd so pay money to see that!
Did you say Valkyria?
Oh, let me introduce you. This is the latest member of Class G, Aliasse. She's a Valkyria. Oh, but don't worry, she's still Just a normal girl!
I... I see.

What?! You're a Valkyria, Alicia?!
We found that out during the war with the Empire two years ago.
Aliasse, we just met, but I'd like you to do me a favor.

I'd like you to use your power for the people you love. To protect them.
Is...that okay?
Of course. The Valkyrian flame is like any other. It can burn, or nurture. Destruction doesn't yield anything, but defending people gives them hope.
There's a little baby in my tummy now, Aliasse. Inheriting the Valkyrian bloodline may make life hard for her sometimes. But Welkin and I made the promise that we'll keep her safe, no matter what.
Do you have anyone in your life like that? Someone you want to protect? They'll be very lucky to know they can count on you for help.
I do.

Ah ha ha... Sorry. Your bread's just too good, Alicia.
Ha ha! Same thing happens to me. Here, I'll bring in a new batch.
Thanks, Welkin. You kids eat all you want!

Meet Class G: Aliasse

Personal Potentials
Mysterious Body - They occasionally find that their HP has been restored to full for no apparent reason.
Valkyria - The awesome power of the Valkyrur awakens within when HP falls below half, raising all abilities.
Solitude - Becomes lonely when no allies are around, lowering defense.

Similar to Alicia, Ali has a give-and-go of getting stat bonuses when her health's half down and then restore it afterwards. A lot easier to manage when combined with the defense boost Order back in VC1, it's kinda mediocre in VC2, especially when a lot of other classmates have medium/full HP recover already. Honestly mediocre in the grand scheme of things.

Clementia Förster art pages

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Oh hey, there's a notable female soldier on the Rebel side and the evil scientist lady has gone AWOL. I wonder what could possibly happen next

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Wow, she didn't need much convincing to give up on Alliase.

"I'll shoot you if you don't move"
-5 seconds later-
"Eh. Whatever. You can have her. Later shitlords."

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
She's just a Valkyrur, you can find them anywhere.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
"My test subject is corrupted by the idea of wanting to do something other than blow people up, an eventuality I already knew might happen and did nothing whatsoever to prevent. If only everyone else could appreciate my genius."

Clarste fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 8, 2015

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Clarste posted:

"My test subject is corrupted by the idea of wanting to do something other than blow people up, an eventuality I already knew might happen and did nothing whatsoever to prevent. If only everyone else could appreciate my genius."

Yeah, between this scene and the one where she shows she doesn't understand how flowering plants reproduce, I'm not entirely sure she's a real scientist, and not just a bitchy lady in a labcoat.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
"Humanity is a fatal flaw in a soldier"

That brings up an interesting question...if a soldier fought entirely on a logical basis, wouldn't they avoid taking any abnormal risks, thus vastly reducing their usefulness in any military operation? The "best" soldiers tend to take enormous risks that result in similarly great results: the first soldiers to rush a chockpoint, or fighting a rearguard that stops the enemy long enough for their comrades to escape, or even directing friendly soldiers through a minefield. Wouldn't a soldier lacking humanity AVOID exactly these kinds of operations?

Perhaps she thinks self-preservation counts as part of 'humanity': in that case, wouldn't the soldier start taking EXCESSIVE risks, like charging artillery from the front while enemy soldiers shoots from the sides? Or maybe attacking an enemy strongpoint head-on instead of attempting to by-pass or starve them?

This doesn't even count the militarily-effective-but-politically-dangerous acts, like indiscriminately killing civilians or POWs. Basically, the point here is that 'humanity' is actually a critical part of an effective fighting force, power of love bullshit aside: without it, soldiers lose a great deal of the flexibility that effective militaries rely on, reducing their usefulness immensely.

Even in game, the whole "died a fool's death" part is kind of a joke considering how her 'former subject' wiped out Gallia's ENTIRE ARMY in the process, drat near winning the war for Maxi even after losing almost every battle after Operation Cloud Burst.

xelada
Dec 21, 2012
I think it is more that caring about people means she risks herself to save people who aren't of equivalent value, a Valkyrur can destroy a small arm with little difficulty, she is likely to be more valuable than a large portion of the military, additionally the only thing a Valkyrur needs to worry about are other Valkyrurs, so a conventional army would be useless in the only case where Alliase's victory isn't guaranteed. She needs to be able to do what is needed to win the war, if it means letting her support team be slaughtered then so be it.
As noble as dying to save others is all it will result in is you being dead and the enemy being closer to winning.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
I like how they have a freaking school play about the Squad from the first game, and were introduced to Welkin and Alicia as being veterans, but still have no idea who they are.

I suppose the only knowledge people care about in this universe is battle data.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

David Copperfield posted:

I like how they have a freaking school play about the Squad from the first game, and were introduced to Welkin and Alicia as being veterans, but still have no idea who they are.

I suppose the only knowledge people care about in this universe is battle data.

didn't zeri freak out about their pedigree when they were first introduced?

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Yup. They learn about things, but it goes out the other ear almost instantly.

And what's the character class that traditionally requires the most education here? That's right.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm pretty sure that's the last we'll see of science bitch. And Avan's the only one that's shown as ignorant of Squad 7's accomplishment. Because Avan is an idiot.

Clarste posted:

You seem to be thinking that they're stupid for not know Alicia was a Valkyrie, but it's pretty obvious from context that this was top-secret information that no one knew about.

I even mentioned it the first time they were introduced. No one knew about Alicia the Valkyur because outside of Squad 7, they're dead.

Tae fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 9, 2015

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

David Copperfield posted:

Yup. They learn about things, but it goes out the other ear almost instantly.

You seem to be thinking that they're stupid for not know Alicia was a Valkyrie, but it's pretty obvious from context that this was top-secret information that no one knew about.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Clarste posted:

"Hey kids, who wants to know top classified information? You do?! Yes you dooooo~~"

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

xelada posted:

I think it is more that caring about people means she risks herself to save people who aren't of equivalent value, a Valkyrur can destroy a small arm with little difficulty, she is likely to be more valuable than a large portion of the military, additionally the only thing a Valkyrur needs to worry about are other Valkyrurs, so a conventional army would be useless in the only case where Alliase's victory isn't guaranteed. She needs to be able to do what is needed to win the war, if it means letting her support team be slaughtered then so be it.
As noble as dying to save others is all it will result in is you being dead and the enemy being closer to winning.

But she's not advocating a priority based approach. She's not saying to kill one to save a thousand, or to let some die so the rest can live. She's actively advocating not giving a gently caress about your own losses, which is remarkably stupid on any number of levels.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Spoilers, she literally doesn't care about anyone. Her speech is strictly being a robot, because she's a shut-in with no emotions. And slight spoilers for VC3, she's a major reason why the Empire lost because she will "help" anyone if it will further her research.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Which is why she unbuttons her shirt to an unneeded degree, surely.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mehuyael posted:

She's just a Valkyrur, you can find them anywhere.

This is true. They appear to come into existence at every major military conflict at this stage. Just got arm some extremists somewhere and wait.

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
Look, you're not a real unfeeling monster unless you show the cleavage. Hitler and Goering walked around like that all the time.

I can see some good ideas in this game, waving to me from the giant whirlpool of mistakes. I hope they were better treated in the first or third version.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Drakenel posted:

Which is why she unbuttons her shirt to an unneeded degree, surely.

well, let's be honest, at least the designers weren't praising her breast size.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

cdyoung posted:

"glamorous body" = big boobs

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

cdyoung posted:

Sometimes I wonder if this is actually some cruel joke from the translation team and none of the original Japanese drafts are actually this pervy/weird.

Cuz it's comes up a lot.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

have you people never met an artist before?

perverts, all of them

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

Sometimes I wonder if this is actually some cruel joke from the translation team and none of the original Japanese drafts are actually this pervy/weird.

Cuz it's comes up a lot.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was actually toned down by the translators. :negative:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Gassenarl's Son to Take Over-Newspaper

On the 14th, rebel forces named General Baldren Gassenarl as their new supreme commander, stating that Gilbert Gassenarl died in battle at Randgriz. Baldren is Gilbert's eldest son, and is now expected to serve as head of the provisional government.

Baldren Gassenarl is a hard-line rebel who backs the purging of Darcsens. It is feared that as the rebel leader he will push them even further towards extremism. All capital functions have ceased in Randgriz since it fell to the rebels.

Even the public knows his hardcore fetish of exterminating Darcsens. I guess if you can convert every 4th soldier into a V2, you're fine.

Over 100 Die in Rebel Attack

Now two weeks since the rebel attack, the extent of our losses are finally becoming clear. More than 70 students and teachers were killed, in addition to over 30 civilians, bringing the total death toll above 100. Academy facilities remain non-functioning.

Following the rebel attack, there was a sharp rise in rebel activity in the area, so Class A and Class G have started joint patrols. Since Juliana's death, Ricardo Kristenson has been commanding Class A, and most members are staying at the academy.

100 is a lot for the fighting force of the Academy, which maybe had 400 total if we're generous and assume the professors were anywhere near Hubert's caliber. Combined that with no support from the army and literally the best student soldier in Juliana gone, it's extremely dire.

More shockingly, this was a real news piece from Lotte. What the hell? :psyduck:

Melissa Quest 3

Hardins.
Hngah?! Don't just appear behind me like that! You trying to give me a heart attack?
I had a favor to ask you, Hardins.
Are you listening to me? Ugh, anyway, what was it you wanted?
...Zeri is in danger.
What? Zeri?
Yes... You're his friend, aren't you? Please. You have to help me protect him.

...Why do I get the feeling this is not what this seems.

All right! What do we need to do?
This way... Follow me.

How DARE you pull a stunt like that?!
Wh-What's with them? They seem mad. Like, stabby mad.
They're the ones trying to harm Zeri. If we don't stop them, Zeri will lose everything. You'll help me... right?

If it's an apology, don't bother. You're going DOWN today, missv!
I. uh... Don't really get what's going on, but I buy that they're dangerous.
Let's stop them, Hardins. Here and now. For the sake of Zeri and my perfect future!

So there's no choice to shoot Melissa instead, right

Even the mission is creepy, with Melissa's starting position a creepy hiding hole for her to snipe safely.

Give up?
N-Not on your life! Not to YOU, of all people!
Yeah! You're the one who started all this!
Uh, what's going on here?
And why is HE here?! Even if he beats us, he still won't get Zeri!
Wait, GET Zeri?! Melissa! You said they were out to set him, but not like--

They follow him around and take pictures of him on the sly.
Excuse me! We're his fan club! What else do you expect us to do?!
Wait, Zeri has a fan club?

Okay, maybe Avan thought it was some sort of anti-Darcen poo poo you usually expect. A fan club is questionable, but then again there was like 3 quests based around guys hitting on Magari.

Anyway, you were the one who snuck into our club room, you little thief!
Yeah! We'd been collecting those photos for months!
Zeri and I are in love. We're soul mates. So it's my Job to pick off any flies that come buzzing around his ear.
Soul mates?! Ugh, don't make me laugh!
Want to go another round? I could go...all...day.

I'm feeling very uncomfortable right now.

Hah hah hah, pushovers.
Suddenly I feel like I just helped the forces of evil...
Hardens.
Y-Yes, ma'am?!
Thank you for helping. For now, Zeri is safe.
S-Sure thing. Although public enemy number one's still at large...
That's the other thing I needed to talk to you about.
Oh? I won't tell him about today if that's--
Hardins... You stand too close to him when you talk.
What?!

*Avan starts backing away*

And no-- Hardins? I'm not done talking to you!

*As he's running away* You're nuts! You won't even let guys near him?! And all this for Zeri?!

What do you mean, "awakened?" (It's a bad potential. Raises status infliction)

Also not sure that's correct!

So...let's keep the love train...going...ugh

Morris Quest 3

Hey, Morris. What's up?
This is the last favor, I promise. Can I ask you to help me? I want to go get some of that moonglow after all. ...What do you say?
That's that flower Cosette was talking about?
Right. I've promised myself I'll tell her how I feel once I get it.
I wanted to be strong, and that means not just giving up.
All right, sure. I can't leave my student hanging, can I?

*Cosette suddenly pops out of the nearby bush*

Gah?! Again?!
I'll go crazy worrying here if I let you two go alone! Besides, I know where it grows. We can find some in the Daws Desert!
Right. And they say it only blooms at night.
Ooh, isn't there a patrol mission around the Daws area on Class G's list?
Sweet, we can take care of that and go flower hunting while we're there.
Okay, let's get ready! We totally have to find Morris some moonglow!
Why do you seem more into this than he is?
Thanks, guys. I really appreciate this!

So, if you haven't noticed, Morris's Quest is basically a copy and paste of Coleen's.

Right down to the exact same map and objective.

The only difference is a picture of Morris one-shotting a Medium tank.

In fact, it is so copy and paste that I'm not going to post the rest of it. Just look back at Coleen's, replace "Morris" with "Coleen" and there you have it. Even Avan and Cosette's reactions are the exact same.

Even has the same Potential, which is anti-armor stuff if going first...which makes Coleen's Moonglow useless. Funny how that works.

Melissa and Morris art pages

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

You know, seeing as no one seems to realy be in charge here now we could probably just throw her in a cell.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ikasuhito posted:

You know, seeing as no one seems to realy be in charge here now we could probably just throw her in a cell.

That's her hang-out place, as seen in an earlier skit.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
..if they think she's "slightly creepy", a shudder to think what they believe straight-creepy would look like; did they think a stalker is ok as long as she isn't an exact copy of Yuno? Talk about screwy standards.

At least she's completely incompetent if she's more worried about the fan club than Zeri's actual love interest.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

thetruegentleman posted:

At least she's completely incompetent if she's more worried about the fan club than Zeri's actual love interest.

well she's dead so i wouldn't be too worried either

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

well she's dead so i wouldn't be too worried either

What if she sabotaged the suit so that it would kill Julianna? Especially since the suits the rebels have seem reliable enough.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think you guys know that classmate quests are in a time bubble, right?

On another note, the V2's seem better than whatever Juliana was in every way, because I assume they don't have hundreds of Juliana-caliber people in those suits. At worst, a V2 can still one-shot most units without a supply vehicle.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Tae posted:

I think you guys know that classmate quests are in a time bubble, right?

On another note, the V2's seem better than whatever Juliana was in every way, because I assume they don't have hundreds of Juliana-caliber people in those suits. At worst, a V2 can still one-shot most units without a supply vehicle.

Well, it was established that ALL the data was stolen the last time when Leon was around, so the rebels actually had a lot of time to work out the kinks. They're called V2's for a reason, they're the SECOND iteration of the armor. Juliana's suit, while being sleek looking, was probably a new prototype.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Game, if you're gonna rip off Persona 3/4 you need to remember that the culmination of the sub-character arcs is that they're meant to come away better than they started :stonk:.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Skip. Ain't doing that poo poo again, ever again.

Okay, this is okay. A simple kill-all mission, made much easier thanks to access of Elite Snipers. A generous 5 turns to A rank it as well.

Vicky Quest 2

Oh, the wild child? Why, did she try to eat another one of our friends?
She makes no effort to help injured people. She just ignores them.
Wait, isn't she an engineer?
That's the problem. She says she doesn't want to do it.
What's her deal? Hmm, I guess it'd be easiest to ask her directly.

*A moment later*

What? Go away. Vicky's in the middle of a nap!
I Just have a question. Why don't you help folks who are injured, Vicky? Engineers are there to heal and support their friends in the field.
There's no meaning in saving the dying. They'll just die again later.

How is Aliasse, literally conditioned to murder, have more sense and humanity than Vicky. We have found the one parent worse than science bitch.

How can you say that?!
Weak People get killed. If you try to save them, you'll get killed, too.
If you don't want to get killed, you kill before you get killed. Vicky's been doing that her whole life!
This place is a little different than where you came from, Vicky. It's a school, not the wild, and your friends are counting on you.
It's not Vicky's fault! It's not Vicky's problem!
Vicky hates engineering... I don't want to do it.

Normally I'd be like "Hell yeah!" but Vicky's attitude is really cancerous to me right now.

Vicky, engineers play a very important role in--
Engineers don't help! Even if I save someone, nothing good will happen!
You know, Vicky, engineers can do some things that no other unit classes can. They're the only ones who can help their squad stay safe in the field. If they went away, we'd all be in terrible danger!

Cosette, lying is not how you're going to convince her.

Vicky doesn't mind danger. Either way, I don't care!
You're all weak! You have weak hearts! There's no point in talking! Go now!
Dah! Don't throw sand!
Vicky's strong! Not like you weak people! *runs away*
That didn't so quite as I'd hoped...

When was the last good classmate mission. Reiner?

Inghild Quest 2

This is not helping.

Not again...
Red... The omen burns with the aura of fire. And yet... Also gray. The color of ash. A sign of destruction to come.
So who is it this time?
The one marked by the sign of fire has hair of gold. Ornamented in floral pink.
Cosette, doesn't that mean you?
Whaaat?! N-No! What should I do? What CAN I do?!
The bearer of the mark of destruction... midnight blue. He wears spectacles.
Dark blue hair and glasses sounds like you, Zeri.

So whatever this prophet that Inghild prays to also thinks the Darcsens did calamity.

You know, if she wasn't full of poo poo.

Hmph, childish. I don't believe in superstition and irrational flim-flam.
But wouldn't it be wild if it came true? Inghild, is there anything about me?
Ooh, or me! I want to hear more prophecies!

*Later that day*

What happened, Cosette? Are you okay? And why's your skirt all singed?
I was working in the lab when the burner caught the curtains on fire! I got burned a little trying to put it out! This means it's really real, right? Inghid's prophecies come true!
Mm? Zeri, what happened to your glasses?

No way. It IS true! It really, really is!
No! I absolutely refuse to believe it's anything more than coincidence!
This is crazy, guys! My shirt just tore, exactly like Inghild predicted!
Seriously?!
Ow, she was right! I totally just tripped on the stairs!
Are you kidding?!
My textbooks fell in the mud... just as she predicted.
Nichol! Where is your head? I expected you to be better than all this!

What is going on.

So does her story really check out, dudes? If so, this is a major scoop!

Hee hee... Still haven't changed your tune yet, then?
Dah?! Don't sneak up on me, woman!

What's with the sudden use of Dah

Believe, or do not. The choice is yours. I am but the mouthpiece, conveying to you the aura of misfortune.

...I really hate Class G right now.

Sophia Quest 1

Mm? That came from behind the class building.

*Avan runs to the garden*

Tee hee! Let me fill you in. I don't go out with common trash like you.
Hey! Just who do you think you are?!
What, you going to hit me? I'll scream real loud for you, and you'll get exp--
Hey! Stop it! What the heck are you thinking, man?!
Ugh, consider yourself lucky this time, girly. But if you keep this up, some guy really is gonna break that pretty face!

*Students runs away*

What happened between you two, Sofia?
What happened? Heh. What usually happens between a man and a woman? I suppose that's all a bit advanced for a kid like you, though, hmm?
Hey, don't be like that. I Just...
Rescued me from the bad, bad man? Ugh, I hate you ingratiating types. Bye! *Leaves*
What's with her?

*Later that day*

Yeah. You're friends with a lot of the girls. I thought you might know.
Hmm, we both started here at about the same time, but haven't spoken much.
Do you know who she's friends with?
Hmm. I wonder if she's really close with anyone at all... I don't remember seeing her with any group of folks consistently.
All right, thanks...
Can I ask why? This is the first time you've brought her up.
Does somebody have a little crush?
No! Man, why do girls always take it there?

*Meanwhile, outside*

Class Chair Avan Hardins.
Mmm, my mind's made up. He's next on the menu.

:stare:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I don't know what the robot professor has against lion's paw. If it's anything like dandelions, those greens are pretty tasty.

In any case, the classmate stuff makes even less sense now that we're actually in a military base, but that student council rear end in a top hat acting up is actually good timing for him, considering he's probably cracking from the pressure.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This was a really dumb university if they chose to make anyoneVicky an Engineer.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.
I'm sure someone's asked this, but what is even the point of Vicky?

I mean, does anyone like her, even in Japan?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Doobeedoo posted:

I'm sure someone's asked this, but what is even the point of Vicky?

I mean, does anyone like her, even in Japan?

She's the Dumb and So Goddamn Crazy strawman of engineer critics.

"Why do people not want engineers and instead want more shocktroopers? Why, of course because they just have no empathy!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
It feels like she's supposed to the same archetype as Kaolla Su from Love Hina: wild dark skinned girl who's good with machines (I wonder if Vicky had the Kansai accent in the original), but she utterly lacks any charm.

• Locked thread