Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Fetus Tree posted:

How would much sodium not cause a serious health condition like, right there on the spot?

Kidneys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Fetus Tree posted:

How would much sodium not cause a serious health condition like, right there on the spot?

Unless you're suffering from renal failure or seriously dehydrated, your kidneys can filter an enormous amount of sodium without having problems. Drink your water (a gallon a day is a good goal) and eat all the salts.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

bartolimu posted:

Unless you're suffering from renal failure or seriously dehydrated, your kidneys can filter an enormous amount of sodium without having problems. Drink your water (a gallon a day is a good goal) and eat all the salts.

I'm pretty sure that just guzzling more water to clear out sodium is in fact, much worse advice than just not having that much sodium to begin with.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

40 slices of bacon and a galon of water. Having that for lunch today.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

40 slices of bacon have around 5.6 grams of sodium. According to the most recent research, People consuming more than 7 grams of sodium per day exhibited a higher incidence of cardiac health issues than people who consumed 3-6 grams per day. Interestingly, though, people who got less than 3 grams of sodium per day had a higher incidence of cardiac health issues than either of the other groups.

So yes, 40 slices of bacon brings your daily intake of sodium pretty close to the top of the "best" range of sodium intake. It's not the healthiest thing you could eat, especially if you have a big salt-rimmed margarita and some salted fries with it. But the fat and caloric content of those slices of bacon (114g and around 1500, respectively) are probably worse for the eater than the sodium.

None of this really matters though, because the real answer is Heart Attack Grill is an awful gimmick and nobody should eat their "food" under any circumstance. Also their chili looks like diarrhea poo poo.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
There was an abandoned white castle across the street from my cousin's high school. It served as a wonderful place to have fights after school.

You just had to say two words and you knew it was on.... "WHITE CASTLE"

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

bartolimu posted:

If you want to see a disgusting procession of people, go to Downtown Fremont Street and eat at the Heart Attack Grill. Over 350 pounds eats free!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4as1W6zH2fM

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've always been morbidly curious about the Heart Attack Grill. Like do the burgs there even taste good?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

NienNunb posted:

I've always been morbidly curious about the Heart Attack Grill. Like do the burgs there even taste good?

I can't imagine you're tasting anything but bacon?

prinneh
Jul 29, 2005
prince of denmark
It's taken me weeks, but I finally finished reading the burg thread. It's been hard, I've had to stop every 5-7 pages to make a burg. drat delicious!

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

thathonkey posted:

Burg so hard muffuckas wanna grind beef

Why this isn't the thread title, I have no idea.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

I homeburged. Grass fed beef on a ciabatta with ched and avo, ketchup mayo.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

ciabatta is the best

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Still not a huge fan of avocado on a burg tbqh

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

butros posted:

This looks like a winner. Congrats.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The only thing that could make that better for me is an egg.

Still would eat the gently caress out of that.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Fetus Tree posted:

Still not a huge fan of avocado on a burg tbqh

Was the only topping avail in the fridge besides cheese. I need to to more burg-centric shopping.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Burg'd today at Berlin International Burger.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

butros posted:

Niceee.

Its Friday. Which is a great day to have a burger!!!!! And beer!

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

butros posted:

Was the only topping avail in the fridge besides cheese. I need to to more burg-centric shopping.

I didn't realize at first you made that yourself or I would have mentioned that it looked really good.

I actually really like avocado too, I just do not dig it for burgin.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GiantAmazonianOtter posted:

Burg'd today at Berlin International Burger.

Is that arugula? One of my favorite greens if so.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
It certainly is, was lush.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Friday night burgs

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Dammit guys. I was going to make bacon and mushroom tacos tonight...I might have to burg instead.

OnymousCoward
Feb 19, 2014
I just burg'd for the second time in two days, this may be why I'm fat.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Norns posted:

Dammit guys. I was going to make bacon and mushroom tacos tonight...I might have to burg instead.

Aww yeah, saute those shrooms and get that bacon nice and cooked and throw that over your burg with some nice oozy provolone and a smear of some spicy whole grain mustard with a thin slice of red onion. I'm getting aroused just thinking about it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I have some Jack Daniels horseradish mustard I've been meaning to try.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Thread I have failed I was going to burg for lunch but walked in to corned beef + spicy mustard on rye instead :(

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Gwaihir posted:

Thread I have failed I was going to burg for lunch but walked in to corned beef + spicy mustard on rye instead :(

It's okay, friend. Burgs are love. Burgs are life. When you go to bed tonight, there will be burgs waiting to be eaten when you wake up in the morning. You may even eat a burg as your last meal on this earth before you shuffle off the mortal coil. There is no shame. Burg on.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Man does not live by burg alone. There is no shame in corned beef on rye.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

I always hear "this burger" "that burger" blah blah blah. Can we just cut with this one-upmanship and get straight to the "burgest"? :colbert:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ruzihm posted:

I always hear "this burger" "that burger" blah blah blah. Can we just cut with this one-upmanship and get straight to the "burgest"? :colbert:

Whatever you make yourself while drinking heavily with good peoples.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Ruzihm posted:

No one is one upping anyone. All burgs get love here man.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Norns posted:

No one is one upping anyone. All burgs get love here man.

That's why this is one of my favorite go to threads for sure.

Jamsta posted:

Friday night burgs

I love tomatoes, love them. For whatever reason though, and it may just be me, but a lot of people gently caress it up and slice them wayyyyy too thick or use tomatoes that are more water than anything. These tomatoes here (even the double layered one) look amazing and I'd eat those burgers off my screen if I could.

Also, usually the burgs in this thread I couldn't handle more than one of. These really look like a great pair of burgs I could down without killing myself.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Quarter inch thick cut heirlooms are my personal favorite for tomatoes.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

butros posted:

would

Avocado is great on burgs.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Jamsta posted:

Friday night burgs

you're burgin fine son

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Ruzihm posted:

5 guys gay so what

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Decided to burg tonight.

Double quarter pounders, white cheddar, arugula, tomato, walla walla sweet onion, home made mayo, jack daniels horseradish mustard, bacon, buns got a bit beat up on the way home, but i still buttered and toasted those fuckers.

Hope you enjoy the picture, the wife and I sure as hosed enjoyed burgin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

:chanpop:

• Locked thread