Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonerstorm
Jul 26, 2009

:|
Played the beta, decided to finally pickup the game since it was fixed and also 9 dollars.

Username: @Caji
Character name: Nobe (It's Ebon backwards, heh!)

I am a redguard, I am a 3x Gladiator, I'm old and casual now and here for the purps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I loot every shelf and desk and box and urn but ignore anything that probably has food in it. I turned a mission in and just as they were teleporting me away I looted a random urn and got the imperial motif.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
I only loot food if I'm in or close to a town.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I probably get an unhealthy amount of joy from grabbing bits of food from crates and sacks as I make my way through a bandit lair, only to sit down and cook up a full meal after killing everyone.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

bonerstorm posted:

Played the beta, decided to finally pickup the game since it was fixed and also 9 dollars.

Where did you get it for nine bucks because I'd be in for that price

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

WebDO posted:

Where did you get it for nine bucks because I'd be in for that price

G2A might still be running the special for the keys. I know as of last night it was going for just under $10. I only know of this cause I was watching someone stream last night and pulled it up on the stream. The version is for worldwide so no need to worry if EU or NA can use it.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Monohydrate posted:

Here's a little clip I recorded showing how my combat damage scrolls up to the left for outgoing and down to the right for incoming in semicircles using CombatCloud. We were talking about it pretty recently in guildchat.

http://www.twitch.tv/creatine_monohydrate/c/6658155

How you do this? We need a serious non addon shitpost. There are so many option with the addons its overwhelming. My addons look like poo poo and I have stuff over lapping at this point. I like your loot addon that keeps it out of text chat and your CC looks awesome.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Big Floppy posted:

G2A might still be running the special for the keys. I know as of last night it was going for just under $10. I only know of this cause I was watching someone stream last night and pulled it up on the stream. The version is for worldwide so no need to worry if EU or NA can use it.

How legit is this? There's a Russian dude selling the imperial edition for less than $10 it looks like

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

What would be the best/most fun way for a group of 3 to level in this game? Just go into Cyrodiil at the earliest possible level and tool around there forever? I assume trying to do normal story things as a group of three will be really boring because you'll put everything in the trash.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Zarick posted:

What would be the best/most fun way for a group of 3 to level in this game? Just go into Cyrodiil at the earliest possible level and tool around there forever? I assume trying to do normal story things as a group of three will be really boring because you'll put everything in the trash.

What do you mean everything in the trash? You can have some pretty epic loots drop off any mob. For AOE grinding and stuff yea, go into a Delve and just murderize things if you want that kind of leveling.

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

I guess that was unclear, I meant put things in the trash as in every quest would be insanely easy with a group of three.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Zarick posted:

I guess that was unclear, I meant put things in the trash as in every quest would be insanely easy with a group of three.

All the quests are insanely easy by yourself as long as you have a self heal. Kill a few dudes, maybe kill a named with 50,000hp every now and then. My Templar solo's everything with ease.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

NuckmasterJ posted:

How you do this? We need a serious non addon shitpost. There are so many option with the addons its overwhelming. My addons look like poo poo and I have stuff over lapping at this point. I like your loot addon that keeps it out of text chat and your CC looks awesome.
Do you mean how does he do this specific set up? or how do you do addons in general?
All of the addons have their own settings menu, some are more customize-able than others. There isn't a whole lot of consistency between how their settings work either. Most addons have a lock/unlock setting that will allow you to move their components around. When I get around to it, I will post all the addons I use with a brief write up of why I use them.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

eSporks posted:

Do you mean how does he do this specific set up? or how do you do addons in general?
All of the addons have their own settings menu, some are more customize-able than others. There isn't a whole lot of consistency between how their settings work either. Most addons have a lock/unlock setting that will allow you to move their components around. When I get around to it, I will post all the addons I use with a brief write up of why I use them.

Sorry, what I meant to say was How did you set this up? My Addons look quite awful. I even found a really clean buff addon but I cant even get it to look decent. Just curious.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

NuckmasterJ posted:

I'll make about post on my addons soon! I have a lot installed but tried to keep the interface from getting too ridiculous.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What campaign are we on now that Thornblade is deserted?

Also, how did Thornblade become deserted?

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 9, 2015

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Pact goons still call Thornblade home, it's good for buffs and PvE content and occasionally some AD guilds guest in to wreck our poo poo.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Thornblade is recommended because it gives a bunch of PvE passive bonuses to damage and survivability while also 15% buff to experience gained, just for doing nothing. Usually during peak NA times there's back and forth over keeps in the middle, but mostly its good for the bonuses. Also Cyrodiil pve rewards are really good now. But it is definitely not required for anyone to home there.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How do I go about getting an invite to one of the goon guilds? I didn't see how in the OP, and it looks like you can't search for guilds in game.

Nulity
Sep 26, 2010
just post your @username here and one of us will send an invite

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cool.

My @username is "RCarr" (same as SA)

I chose Ebonheart, if that matters.

Still learning the game, as I'm only level 4, but I'm loving it!

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

Big Floppy posted:

Just used G2A for a key. It was $16 for the standard edition, but my key redeemed Imperial. Not sure if there is a difference anymore. Anyhow, recommended, because gently caress Steam and $80 bucks for Imperial edition.

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.

Twistershift posted:

Just used G2A for a key. It was $16 for the standard edition, but my key redeemed Imperial. Not sure if there is a difference anymore. Anyhow, recommended, because gently caress Steam and $80 bucks for Imperial edition.

Same here, I got the Imperial edition when I thought I was getting standard. :woop:
Once I finish this download (well, at least it isn't as bad as GTA was) I'll be in as @imizael1. Probably going ranged Nightblade because I always end up going stealth archer in ES games.

e: So what Alliance I choose matters? I see mentions of "Faction" in the OP but it isn't totally clear if Faction == Alliance and what goon guilds that are active are in what Alliance/Faction. This is confusing. I imagine it'll become more clear once I actually play.

Tupper fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 9, 2015

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
How are Alliance and Faction being the same thing confusing at all?

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.

rlloyd3 posted:

How are Alliance and Faction being the same thing confusing at all?

I guess that's what I was asking, if they were indeed the same thing.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Tupper posted:

Same here, I got the Imperial edition when I thought I was getting standard. :woop:
Once I finish this download (well, at least it isn't as bad as GTA was) I'll be in as @imizael1. Probably going ranged Nightblade because I always end up going stealth archer in ES games.

e: So what Alliance I choose matters? I see mentions of "Faction" in the OP but it isn't totally clear if Faction == Alliance and what goon guilds that are active are in what Alliance/Faction. This is confusing. I imagine it'll become more clear once I actually play.

The majority of us play as Ebonheart Pact. You can chat and be in guilds with other alliance members, but you can't group up and do any content together besides kill each other in Cyrodiil. There's some Daggerfall Covenant people as well, and I think one Aldmeri Dominion person.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Tupper posted:

I guess that's what I was asking, if they were indeed the same thing.

They are. The vast majority of us play on Ebonheart Pact.

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.

Monohydrate posted:

They are. The vast majority of us play on Ebonheart Pact.

Berke Negri posted:

The majority of us play as Ebonheart Pact. You can chat and be in guilds with other alliance members, but you can't group up and do any content together besides kill each other in Cyrodiil. There's some Daggerfall Covenant people as well, and I think one Aldmeri Dominion person.

Thanks, this is what I was looking for. Shoulda been more clear. This installer takes forever.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

In other news, my sorc just contracted AIDS. I'll be able to offer vampire bites on him once I get the skill and passive.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
I just got Dwemer Chests and I feel as if I could be rich, but not sure what there even is to spend gold on outside of more inventory and bank slots. And mount upgrades, but that's a paltry 250g a day.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

rlloyd3 posted:

I just got Dwemer Chests and I feel as if I could be rich, but not sure what there even is to spend gold on outside of more inventory and bank slots. And mount upgrades, but that's a paltry 250g a day.

Inventory slots, bank slots, respecs, horse upgrades, buying poo poo which adds up in price pretty quickly.

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.
When someone gets a chance could I get an invite to the Ebonheart guild for @imizael1 ?

Thanks cuties :gay:

Nailbunny
Apr 29, 2009
I wouldn't mind an Ebonheart guild invite. @NailbunnyPD

Dermit
Mar 22, 2005
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Just getting started on Ebonheart, could use a guild invite. @Dermit

Sorvah
Dec 1, 2014
So I've not bene playing very much due to work, but re-rolled to a Catman Nightblade and enjoying life a lot more compared to Lizardman Templar.

AnInsomniac
Oct 12, 2004
Oh man don't hit me with that shoe!
@Aninsomniac

Please invite me.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
First, I tried Templar and hated it (granted, it was when I was still learning game basics so I'll eventually try it again). Then I tried Nightblade and it was alright. I next moved to Dragonknight, which is pretty cool. I tried Sorcerer last, and it's easily my favorite class and is now my highest level character. Sorc class best class. Breton race best race.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
Getting back into the game for a bit. Looking for an invite to the EP guild. @Desht

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
GOON DAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I'm watching a VR14 nighblade burst build streamer PvPing right now and it is loving absurd:

http://www.twitch.tv/kerviz

• Locked thread