Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clarence Dollar episode was amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Nah, all those episodes of Clarence were good. It's a good show.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Y-Hat posted:

Nah, all those episodes of Clarence were good. It's a good show.

It's true

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

frank.club posted:

Clarence Dollar episode was amazing

For me, though, the best is now "Turtle Hats". Would those two be good to be paired together to get people interested in the show?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
My favorites are probably the arcade one, the one where Sumo builds a boat, the one with the sleepover at Belson's and yes the Turtle Hat episode.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One of the first where he has a surprise piņata and Sumo slowly puts together that Clarence filled it with bees.

"Beeeeeeeeeeessss."

axleblaze posted:

My favorites are probably the arcade one, the one where Sumo builds a boat, the one with the sleepover at Belson's and yes the Turtle Hat episode.

man Belson your mom is foxy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I haven't been keeping up but the Arcade one is definitely my favorite. The burger one's also top notch.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I just really like the way the money broom machine says "money broom!"

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

axleblaze posted:

I just really like the way the money broom machine says "money broom!"

This may be my single favorite thing about the show. Future Clarence's robot legs might fit too.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

For some reason "Jeff is Average" doesn't strike me as the funniest Clarence episode, but I'll be damned if it isn't memorable.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fount of knowledge posted:

For some reason "Jeff is Average" doesn't strike me as the funniest Clarence episode, but I'll be damned if it isn't memorable.

So there's vikings and robots, some guy is throwing stuff watch out for him.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Last episode of Clarence was pretty good.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What's the deal with that adult living next door to Belsen? I only saw the last half of the episode, but out of context he seems like a molester, which can't be right.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
He's just an old hippie creep.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Jack Gladney posted:

What's the deal with that adult living next door to Belsen? I only saw the last half of the episode, but out of context he seems like a molester, which can't be right.

He wants to creep on Belsen's mom maybe.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Junior Jr. posted:

There wasn't really much to Bakugan, it was pretty much just buying toys that shot balls through their chests. You'd have more fun playing with marbles instead of playing with Bakugan.

But then again, I have a little fuzzy memory about them, although I couldn't care less.
The best part of the Bakugan cartoon was that one of the protagonists' primary monsters was pretty much "Sailor Moon, but also a frog".

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Just thought I'd recommend the Ed, Edd n Eddy movie if any goon manages to find it.The last season and the movie in particular are really strong considering the meh quality through most of the shows run and it's actually really touching how they decided to end it, considering how the Ed's were always treated to such awful forms of abuse by pretty everyone they knew.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
There's 104 days of summer vacation before school comes along just to end it and the annual problem of our generation is... wait poo poo, there's only 36 days of summer, because Phineas and Ferb is ending next month.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

darn where will we go for dated pop culture parodies and forced musical interludes now

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
prolly still f&p because that show is getting ran until the universe ends

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Aw that's too bad. P&F was cute and I'm sorry to see it go. On the plus side it looks like the reason it's ending is so that the creators can work on something new so hopefully we're just swapping one decent show for another.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

They haven't played it nearly as much in the last couple of years as they did before that, which was a level approaching "Phineas and Ferb is airing on at least one Disney network at any given time."

I would've thought they were purposefully trying to kill it off, seeing as for the longest time it's aired more randomly than Gravity Falls.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what happened with that live stage show version?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Hopefully it's in Hell where it belongs.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

frank.club posted:

what happened with that live stage show version?

If there is a God in heaven it was struck by a meteor that turned everything within a ten mile radius to glass.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
drat, did that new Transformers show already die this soon or am I not staying up till the right hour at the crack of dawn to catch it? Robots in Disguise just disappeared into ether while even the Sonic cartoon still exists on CN.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I've recently saw a little bit of a new Disney XD show called Star Vs. The Forces of Evil, it was different and it looked interesting. It looked like a lite version of Sailor Moon but more innocent.

I know I'm not part of the audience for this kind of show, but it looks fun and I hope it gets a fandom or some cult following, it probably gets some laughs anyways, so it looks like it's taking a step in the right direction.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Crabtree posted:

drat, did that new Transformers show already die this soon or am I not staying up till the right hour at the crack of dawn to catch it? Robots in Disguise just disappeared into ether while even the Sonic cartoon still exists on CN.

My channel guide is usually poo poo so I can't check on there, but a couple of TV listing sites say it's scheduled to air the episode True Colors this Saturday.

I hope CN hasn't managed to gently caress up the airing of yet another show I've just started enjoying. :smith:

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Junior Jr. posted:

I've recently saw a little bit of a new Disney XD show called Star Vs. The Forces of Evil, it was different and it looked interesting. It looked like a lite version of Sailor Moon but more innocent.

I know I'm not part of the audience for this kind of show, but it looks fun and I hope it gets a fandom or some cult following, it probably gets some laughs anyways, so it looks like it's taking a step in the right direction.

I saw the first four episodes and thought it was pretty cute. For me I think what will decide if it gets put up there with shows like Adventure Time or Steven universe is how well they handle their villains. If memory serves me right all we've seen of the titular "evil" so far is a pack of wienies that literally got taken out by an average highshooler with a few karate classes under his belt. That's fine for now since we're still getting to know the cast but dear God do I hope they have better planned because heroes (especially enjoyable ones) that are only every challenged by weak/low-stakes villains is a huge pet peeve of mine. Like back in the 90's when a superhero movie would take an iconic superhero and waste his talents on some generic mobster armed only with his room temperature IQ and a magic laserbeam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLUSwJuMjWo

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 8, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Crabtree posted:

I thought Robots in Disguise was the one that came on like 10 years ago.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

raditts posted:

I thought Robots in Disguise was the one that came on like 10 years ago.

There's a new one that acts as a sequel to Transformers: Prime.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah they announced it around the death of the Hub channel and pretty much heralded it's end by announcing HASBRO was putting one of its shows on cartoon network.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

The ending to this episode of Clarence was pretty unexpected.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

TwoPair posted:

There's 104 days of summer vacation before school comes along just to end it and the annual problem of our generation is... wait poo poo, there's only 36 days of summer, because Phineas and Ferb is ending next month.
Remember when that show was poised to be Disney's big merchandising juggernaut? I think the fact that the characters look terrible in 3D did a lot to prevent it from fulfilling that promise.

It was still a drat good show and it sucks that it got the Disney scheduling treatment at the end. Glad that it's getting a proper send-off episode, though.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 9, 2015

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Y-Hat posted:

Remember when that show was poised to be Disney's big merchandising juggernaut? I think the fact that the characters look terrible in 3D did a lot to prevent it from fulfilling that promise.

It was still a drat good show and it sucks that it got the Disney scheduling treatment at the end.

It's enjoyed like five years straight of popularity and merchandising, that's about as good as it gets without becoming a shambling corpse like Spongebob.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Y-Hat posted:

It was still a drat good show and it sucks that it got the Disney scheduling treatment at the end. Glad that it's getting a proper send-off episode, though.

This will actually be the second send-off episode, a few months ago my DVR randomly picked up an episode that was set 10 years in the future on their last day of summer before college, which seemed like as good a final episode as any.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

raditts posted:

This will actually be the second send-off episode, a few months ago my DVR randomly picked up an episode that was set 10 years in the future on their last day of summer before college, which seemed like as good a final episode as any.

As long as it doesn't pull a Fairly Oddparents and shamble through more than 4 final episodes/movies over what feels like a decade.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

raditts posted:

I went to watch that episode only because i like time-warp episodes of cartoons and holy poo poo is that episode loving terrible, even by phineas and ferb's standards

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I get the feeling you don't like Phineas and Ferb but I'm not quite sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

I went to watch that episode only because i like time-warp episodes of cartoons
That's pretty random.