Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

red plastic cup posted:

It was gonna be a bunch of swirly stick figures. That was also in the tweet thing.

You can see a couple of them in the background of the previous page, they're neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tollymain posted:

ed faults himself for not sticking by isabel, therefore he is naive and a baby

Lord_Ventnor posted:

Who also doesn't have enough muscles.

Entirely accurate assessments.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Update!

Johnny begins piecing together the conspiracy, even without Stephen's help. Also, copyright, trademark.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 09:58 on May 15, 2015

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I'm a bit sad we didn't get Fever Pitch's background panel.

Also, not only is Ned fixing Johnny's conspiracy jones, he is also violating the spirit and rules of hitball. He's betrayed his Burnhound brethren.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my god, those crying phoenixes.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
The tragic, ultimate showdown is happening in the top right of panel one.

Also RJ is Johnny's ball dispenser.

And Ollie is... doing pushups?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I don't think Mr. Oop clarified what happens when you hit your teammate with a ball??

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Fecha posted:

I don't think Mr. Oop clarified what happens when you hit your teammate with a ball??

Thunderdome

edit: or honorable seppuku

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Ed can play it off as helping his team since Isabel was set to catch that ball, meaning Johnny would've been out.

Even though it's really obvious that he was doing a "Get down, Mr. President!" save for Isabel that she didn't need.

Also why is Johnny just recognizing Ed now when he was looking right at Isabel who was also hovering?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dolash posted:

Ed can play it off as helping his team since Isabel was set to catch that ball, meaning Johnny would've been out.

Even though it's really obvious that he was doing a "Get down, Mr. President!" save for Isabel that she didn't need.

Also why is Johnny just recognizing Ed now when he was looking right at Isabel who was also hovering?

Because Ed's facing the camera in the picture they got, Isabel isn't. Though he'll probably tie Isabel in from Ed anyway.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Yeah even though it was like three panels on our end the train was probably going by pretty fast and the Gang was probably too busy freaking out to really get a good look.

They know about Max, and a redhead, and possibly recognized Spender when they saw the car, but weren't even looking for a girl or blond with glasses until now. They also mistook Jeff for Isaac like somewhere between once and twice so it's very possible they don't know the other kids much except for everyone's bullying to lunch money return ratio.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Nobody draws weeping birds better than Zack Morrison. Nobody.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mazerunner posted:

Yeah even though it was like three panels on our end the train was probably going by pretty fast and the Gang was probably too busy freaking out to really get a good look.

They know about Max, and a redhead, and possibly recognized Spender when they saw the car, but weren't even looking for a girl or blond with glasses until now. They also mistook Jeff for Isaac like somewhere between once and twice so it's very possible they don't know the other kids much except for everyone's bullying to lunch money return ratio.

They know that Isaac's in there; Johnny's seen him do his thing before, and they refer to "the electric dorkupine" in the comic I linked up there. They were interrogating Jeff because they thought he was one of Max's friends and thus could get some more info from him, not because they thought he was Isaac.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Johnny knows that Issac has electricity powers and is Max's friend. But while telling his friends this stuff, he told Stephen to interrogate "the ginger with the hair", which he mistook to mean Jeff.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ditocoaf posted:

Johnny knows that Issac has electricity powers and is Max's friend. But while telling his friends this stuff, he told Stephen to interrogate "the ginger with the hair", which he mistook to mean Jeff.

Oh, right. I forgot about that one; I was thinking of them interrogating Jeff at the start of this chapter. Thanks for the reminder.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Just noticed the twins that were split have been locked in an emotional stare-down off to the side this entire time.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Just noticed the twins that were split have been locked in an emotional stare-down off to the side this entire time.

This comic is just the best.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Just realized that Ollie's full name is Ollie Oop.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-37
I am dumb and don't get it. How did Max gently caress up?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

kinmik posted:

Same here, I have no idea why everyone has such a look of "YOU CRIMINAL".

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

kinmik posted:

If by Max you mean Ned, he just saved an opposing team member.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Because he jumped in front of a ball his team threw to save someone from the other team. Acting like a goober is basically all it takes to get middle schoolers to make fun of you.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

kinmik posted:

I wanna know how kinmik hosed up tbh

Issac looks more embarrassed than anything else, really. Starchman shouldn't really be helping the other team, it's against all the rules of the schoolyard!

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 19, 2015

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ned blocked a shot that was for his team. Of course kids are gonna point and laugh at him for doing that.

Hell just look at Isabella. She's really embarrassed by his actions.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

kinmik posted:

I am dumb and don't get it. How did MaxEd gently caress up?

He took a hit for the other team in an absurdly dramatic way.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

sirtommygunn posted:

He took a hit for the other team in an absurdly dramatic way.

And now he's lying in a puddle of pee.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
:gonk: Sorry, Ted!

Ned.

Nedward.

Nerdwad

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

kinmik posted:

Jed Burger took a hit for Isabel. This was a gently caress up because 1. Isabel was gonna catch the ball anyway and 2. Isabel is in the opposing team. So it's all very embarrassing and dumb.

Muse tells Zed that he chose a bad time for heroics and made himself look like a fool as a result. That's true, though Muse's explanation was that Ced needs to get swole first, while really he needs to get smart first.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Cat Mattress posted:

Jed Burger took a hit for Isabel. This was a gently caress up because 1. Isabel was gonna catch the ball anyway and 2. Isabel is in the opposing team. So it's all very embarrassing and dumb.

Muse tells Zed that he chose a bad time for heroics and made himself look like a fool as a result. That's true, though Muse's explanation was that Ced needs to get swole first, while really he needs to get smart first.

Pretty sure getting smart just means having a swole brain. It's a muscle, after all.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Cat Mattress posted:

Muse is, like other characters in this comic, an anime. It's a very shounen idea, that having good intentions is all well and good, but you need the skill and power to back it up.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Also, would he still be in spirit time and moving quite fast? That'll gently caress with peoples minds.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Are people going to think Ned has a crush on Isabel now
Oh god I am already getting late elementary school flashbacks

Prison Warden posted:

Muse is, like other characters in this comic, an anime. It's a very shounen idea, that having good intentions is all well and good, but you need the skill and power to back it up.

That's an interesting moral to teach to children aged 8 to 15.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

By the blush of embarrassment, Isabel might think Ed has a crush on Isabel now. But yeah, that's a classic middle school awkward clingy friend moment. I was hoping he'd try to recover by claiming he was blocking the shot so Isabel wouldn't catch it, but here we are.

Let's not overlook Johnny could only match Ed to the photo while he was mid-air.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

paradoxGentleman posted:

Certainly a good one.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

paradoxGentleman posted:

Are people going to think Ned has a crush on Isabel now
Oh god I am already getting late elementary school flashbacks

This may come as a shock but Muse is like

At best 50% actually good advice and 50% actively misleading advice. It's kinda his thing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

"I recognized him... as soon as he left the ground."

:allears:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Shindragon posted:

Ned blocked a shot that was for his team. Of course kids are gonna point and laugh at him for doing that.

Hell just look at Isabella. She's really embarrassed by his actions.

It's going to make everyone think he's totally in love with her and being melodramatic about it.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Update! Looks like it's Suzytime.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I love that alt text.

the purple bodysuit squad is terrible at hitball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Suzy is dressed for gym in 1985. :allears: I'd ask why, but I'm not sure I want the answer.