Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Puistokemisti posted:

So like wishing fountains but less wet and guards only chase the hobos away during certain times.

If fact, let's keep the fountain part and during certain times a horn will scream and gates will crash open and beggars/hobos/students can run in and fight each other for right to collect as much money as they can hold in their hands/pockets/moth/rear end. Help to fund it by streaming it to the generous public who help to pay for this welfare. Maybe allow the biggest donors to have live seats high above so that they can view it all live. Truly, new dawn of welfare is upon us.
This will help integrate immigrants too, as the chaos and violence will remind them of home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

A Buttery Pastry posted:

This will help integrate immigrants too, as the chaos and violence will remind them of home.

Indeed. Isn't the biggest threat to EU-immigrants in Sweden other EU-immigrants who attack and kick their teeths out if they are in the wrong begging area and have not shoveled enough protection money to the ringleaders?

Solidarity.

Amperod
Jun 16, 2006

SplitSoul posted:

So the bus operator Movia killed an ad campaign against illegal settlements on the grounds that it was "inflammatory":

Meanwhile the Conservatives "NAZI ISLAM"-campaign and the Danish People's Party's campaigns, not to mention "New breasts [image of bare breasts]", is quite alright.

Edit: This was their announcement when they refused to remove the breast ad:

http://politiken.dk/indland/ECE2660523/koebenhavns-politi-busbrandene-var-paasat/
So there was a arson attack tonight and four buses was burned out.
Somebody had written »Boykot Israel - Free Gaza«.

The funny thing is ... it was against Arriva not Movia. :cripes:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Amperod posted:

http://politiken.dk/indland/ECE2660523/koebenhavns-politi-busbrandene-var-paasat/
So there was a arson attack tonight and four buses was burned out.
Somebody had written »Boykot Israel - Free Gaza«.

The funny thing is ... it was against Arriva not Movia. :cripes:

Arriva operates for Movia, though. The campaign was on Arriva busses. Doesn't mean this isn't loving stupid and DPVF were the first to come out and condemn it.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

Is this really a big problem? Especially with the foreign beggars?
I live in Trondheim, and I don't think I've ever heard people complain about illegal acts related to the foreign beggars. That usually seems to be considered as more of a drug-addict thing to do.

forskning.no wrote about a report in 2012 that, unsurprisingly, concluced that the so-called "criminally organised begging" was an overblown myth and practically non-existant http://forskning.no/innvandring-velferdsstat/2012/06/tiggere-i-oslo-er-ikke-kriminelle

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Ligur posted:

Indeed. Isn't the biggest threat to EU-immigrants in Sweden other EU-immigrants who attack and kick their teeths out if they are in the wrong begging area and have not shoveled enough protection money to the ringleaders?

Solidarity.

It's arson (and disease).

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Ligur posted:

EU-immigrants
gently caress you

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Please stop quoting Ligur. Thanks.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Groda posted:

gently caress you

I didn't really hear this. What was it?

Can you repeat it?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ligur posted:

I didn't really hear this. What was it?

Can you repeat it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK4fJhbRL1g

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

pro use of that song

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

pro as hell :lol:

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRC4Vk6kisY

Hah! I am so clever! And pro.

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

It's arson (and disease).

edit: Ok when EU-immigrants mostly get injured because their fellow countrymen kick them in the teeth Swedes better poney up the money to fix this.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 8, 2015

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ligur posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRC4Vk6kisY

Hah! I am so clever! And pro.

edit: Ok when EU-immigrants mostly get injured because their fellow countrymen kick them in the teeth Swedes better poney up the money to fix this.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
not edit

Ligur fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 8, 2015

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Observe: This person is what Swedes think a 14 year old person looks like. Watch him WINNING a race with other 14 year olds!

No Swede will ever doubt that this youngster is 14 year old. Obviously he is. Now: give him a 4500/€ per month apartment and next year also his extended family, because it are human right.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ligur fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 8, 2015

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

oh snap. propropro

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Ligur posted:

Observe: This person is what Swedes think a 14 year old person looks like. Watch him WINNING a race with other 14 year olds!

No Swede will ever doubt that this youngster is 14 year old. Obviously he is. Now: give him a 4500/€ per month apartment and next year also his extended family, because it are human right.

Well, yeah, this is again old news.
Saying you are refugee and below 18 gives you a favorable track to the asylum system. Interestingly enough, when Norway started determining age using medical techniques the amount of underage refugees decreased.
This is another case of how you reduce the trust of the asylum system while also hurting those children in most need of the system.

But screw that, let us talk about the unions, or rather LO.
http://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/sd-okar-kraftigt-hos-lo-medlemmar
S is down to 36% in LO and SD is up to 26%. The question is how long LO will continue to be as closely affiliated to S as they have. With S reducing support in LO, there should come a point where LO breaks off with S just in order to preserve legitimacy.
If I understand it correctly, the Danish version of LO split with S 10 years ago or so?
Another report this week showed that the decreasing support for S is to a large part due to S voters dying off.

Cardiac fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 9, 2015

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Cardiac posted:

Well, yeah, this is again old news.

Yeah, but why are Swedes & people posting in this thread pretending the 25 year old man is 14 year old child, and celebrating his running achievements? Shouldn't they be shocked and angry for a large variety of reasons, like the abuse of the asylum system, the press taking them for fools and clowns, the politicians who let this kind of stuff happen willingly, and so on?

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006
Not really surprising seeing as S has taken LO voters for granted without actually doing anything for them for 20+ years. I think were heading for a really interesting time in politics as there are either "svekdebatt" (S,M,MP) internal struggles (SD,KD) or lameduck leaders (FP) in many of the established parties. There are big openings for new parties to come in and get votes in the next election.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

uno.mannschaft posted:

Not really surprising seeing as S has taken LO voters for granted without actually doing anything for them for 20+ years.

Persson's legacy is just never going to stop haunting us.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
http://www.nrk.no/livsstil/_-lettere-for-allergikere-a-spise-ute-1.12338514

I wonder if restaurants can just print "all our food contain all allergens", and what the cost-benefit is going to be of not having to inform customers, keep updated menus and cook special dishes.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 12:12 on May 9, 2015

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
It appears racist, right-wing Norway threw some ISIS volunteers in to teh jail.

What the gently caress? They were probably on a humanitarian mission. Or planting trees, like I found out in this thread. Quick! Organize marches against Norway and their terror against free individuals.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

ligur shut up

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
come on bro, why so angry and hostile, we're both fightin' the good fight against extremists here, but i think these guys might need an asylum from sweden

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ligur posted:

come on bro, why so angry and hostile, we're both fightin' the good fight against extremists here, but i think these guys might need an asylum from sweden

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
That's pretty hot.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.
You should take your own advice about that ignore button, scandipol.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Let's hope we follow through and start throwing white traitorous "security consultants" in jail where they belong as well.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

http://www.thelocal.no/20150507/norway-scraps-blasphemy-law-after-hebdo-attacks

what

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

About loving time if you ask me. The blasphemy law have been nothing but a national embarrassment.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Who cares? It's mostly a symbolic move anyway, blasphemy law has practically been dead for decades anyway.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Hasn't been invoked for as long as I can remember, mostly a symbolic move.

Good riddance anyhow.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

If it's anything like the Danish version, it's there to protect religious minorities. The last time somebody was convicted under it in Denmark was in 1938, when nazis spread fliers claiming that the Talmud urged Jews to rape goyim women. So, uh, yeah...

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Do they have a similar "illegal to voice support for terrorism" law like France does?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

If it's anything like the Danish version, it's there to protect religious minorities.

It's not. It has exclusively been used to stop people criticizing christianity and as the article says it was last used to try and imprison Arnulf Øverland.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Alhazred posted:

It's not. It has exclusively been used to stop people criticizing christianity and as the article says it was last used to try and imprison Arnulf Øverland.

It actually says he was acquitted? Last one convicted was Arnfred Olsen in 1912. I wonder if legal precedent or interpretation has changed over the last 103 years.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Key word there was try

e: Though I think it was mentioned when Life of Brian was banned in Norwegian cinemas in 1980s, so that's a more recent case, and, according to Norwegian wikipedia, Muslims tried to invoke it to stop one of Salman Rushdies books from being distributed in Norway.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 17:11 on May 9, 2015

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Randarkman posted:

Key word there was try

Oh. :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

It's part of a pattern of the secularisation of the Norwegian state faced with significant religious minorities, IMO. It's interesting that we're embracing religious pluralism after pretty much scrapping cultural pluralism, but I suspect that religion is not as important. What's left until the Norwegian state is officially fully secular, does anyone know?

• Locked thread